PDA

View Full Version : Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag Altair Outfit Feedback for Ubisoft

apz_freak
11-01-2013, 08:43 PM
Hello Ubisoft, or anyone reading this. I'd love to hear from you.

I recently purchased ACIV and am hours into the gameplay and to absolutely great effect. I love everything about it so far, the animations have been given a smoother facelift from ACIII and the quality of the world is that much richer. A brilliant mix of old and new with a nostalgiac feeling of the first game somehow. Thank you.

And I was delighted to see that our 3 previous Assassin's were available as outfits for Edward from the get-go because of "Actions from previous titles"(or something to that effect)

Which is MEGA AWESOME!

However I noticed that the Altair outfit is the same strange model from the ACIII Altair outfit. Which at a glance looks like the same model of Altair from Revelations minus the face. After hours and hours of achieving Altair in ACIII I was disappointed to find the model with off colors, all the leather is light tan instead of a darker brown, the shoulder piece for the throwing knives was light grey and looked like the wrong shader was applied to those polys (correct UVS and wrong shader probably?), and open holes in the arm. I am a 3D modeler and texturer by trade and can spot these things easily. (And would jump at the chance to fix them personally I might add, even unpaid for the benefit of all AC fans) As well as the robes 100 percent skin weighted to the leg bones with no flowing robe physics, or however it is achieved. That was mightily disappointing after such a monumental effort to complete every optional objective considering the Ezio outfit had proper flowing robes. Why couldn't the same technique be applied to Altair's outfit? I'm

I can understand that this was not a core element of the game and merely something quickly added for the fans. I can forgive it for those reasons on such an ambitious game that also brought in a new game engine. However as the reward for the biggest completion of that game, that is understandably a let down for the player.

And then I come to find the exact same model here for me in ACIV. I can imagine it might be impossible to include a fix for that in a patch, but if it was possible, I would love to have it. I understand there might be a resource issue with finding time to correct those issues and implement them.

This does not impede my enjoyment of the game in any way, but I would be that much more grateful to see this particular issue resolved. And if it can be done for this title why not ACIII as well?

I'm not sure what can be done, but just wanted to communicate my concerns and hopefully the team will see them.

- Eric

Lonnie_Jackson
11-01-2013, 10:01 PM
What gets me is the fact that it seems like the forget we have to stare at the character the entire time we play. This goes for any costume. To not work on each one equally just cause it's a extra doesn't mean we should get copy/paste outfits. For some it can take you out of the immersion no matter how great the game world looks. I hope they realise how important character models are to us. Take the holsters thread for example. While a small detail it is important for some to have th e cgi look. Anyway those are my two cents.

Black_Widow9
11-01-2013, 11:12 PM
Hello and welcome to the Forums :D

Please make sure you also post your feedback here:
http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/803787

Thanks!

apz_freak
11-03-2013, 01:03 AM
Hello and welcome to the Forums :D

Please make sure you also post your feedback here:
http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/803787

Thanks!

I did, and also submitted through the support system on the Ubisoft web-site. Thank you.

CptAlex-SlothS
12-21-2013, 06:19 AM
I totally agree with this, when I saw the Altair outfit in AC IV I was surprised that it had textures waay better looking than AC III's but was so disappointed seeing the non existent robe physics. How can game developers look at the outfit and not notice that? I am also looking forward to a patch that will fix these outfits, hopefully soon.

LoyalACFan
12-21-2013, 09:26 AM
I totally agree with this, when I saw the Altair outfit in AC IV I was surprised that it had textures waay better looking than AC III's but was so disappointed seeing the non existent robe physics. How can game developers look at the outfit and not notice that? I am also looking forward to a patch that will fix these outfits, hopefully soon.
I wouldn't get my hopes up. They never patched it for AC3.