PDA

View Full Version : DLC: Ways to expand AC4 Besides Freedom Cry

Sturnz0r
11-01-2013, 05:46 PM
I have upgraded everything on the jackdaw by and explored everything on the known Map by sequence 8, so the non mission-related locations seem to be stale after first discovery. The assassin contracts in the already discovered smuggler's cover were a way to combat that, and the plantation missions are infinite, and the ones in the south are tough. So, I'm not complaining by any means. It's a great game with a helluva lot more replayability than AC3. just wondering what y'all thought.

We have manned Thatch's Frigate and what becomes Roberts' Flagship Galleon... so the mechanics are there.

I already have teh season pass, but I would pay to man a frigate or man o' war and cruise around the straight of Magellan (Winter Sailing) or the Panama Canal, (Use your makebelief that it was constructed in 1600s haha)

I probably should have waited to upgrade the JD, because nothing is challenging, now. But,i am proud to say I have gone into a big Wa Naval Battler in the south of the map between two big Fleets with 4 hunter sabres on me, and came out victorious with just one boarding... it was very intense. The xbox was working on overdrive, as well. That is my unofficial challenge to anyone willing. do it without boarding.

So, what with plantations, Naval skirmishes, Hundo Synching what I missed, Freedom Cry, there is a lot to still look forward to. Did I miss anything?

also, still looking for combat taunting. What button is it!!??

Jackdaw360
11-01-2013, 06:23 PM
You have every upgrade? as in the elite ones, by Sequence 8?

How did you make so much money, as the elite upgrades cost 25-35K each one, not to mention the ones before which you must pay.

EVA Spartan 317
11-01-2013, 07:02 PM
It isn't so hard! I'm at Sequence 4 and I have all upgrades only the elite ones are missing!
Best way to get a lots of money is plundering bigger ships then selling the rum or plundering convoys!
Harpooning whales is a good way too!

Sturnz0r
11-01-2013, 08:37 PM
I did mainly story until you get boarding lessons from Hornigold and the Fort Mission.. Somewhere after that I wen Convoy and medium frigate hunting, progressed that to WarMen when I was able to more confidently

used the blades of Toledo and Scott Swords(free) and focused the loot on ship upgrades; favorite outfit was the cheapest; "brown cloak". Sell Cloth in addition to rum and Sugar, as you only need sails for aesthetic purposes. If upgraded sails mad you faster, it would have been different, though. If something has 150 wood/metal; board, if it's 150 sugar/rum/cloth, destroy and loot. Didn't worry about Harpooning or Crafting after 4 Pistols...

Took me 4-6 hours to get elite after the Fort Mission.. Luckily for me the first plans I got were mortars, and since they are 360 deg and 500m, they help you beat ships you should have no business fighting, and thusly, upgrading everything else soo much faster.