PDA

View Full Version : Animus Fragment in Kingston

Ascalz
11-01-2013, 03:06 AM
Anyone else have an issue with trying to collect an Animus Fragment in Kingston? It's hovering over Laurens Prins' mansion. Basically its just above one of the chimneys of the house. When you climb to the top of it there Edward does his little crouch when he's standing on things like that. If he stands up he could easily get it. I've tried everything to collect this damned thing but to no avail. Anyone able to collect this thing and if you did, tell me how?

guardian_titan
11-01-2013, 04:13 AM
Jump? I know on PC it would be right mouse button and spacebar. Not sure what it is on consoles, but the button that triggers running and the one that triggers fast walking or jumping while running should get you to jump. It's basically the same combo you use to vault over fences and other obstacles. Only difference is you don't use the arrow keys to move. Two of the buttons are required for a leap of faith. You have to do the same thing in AC2 during the Altair mission to get to the top of a tower. It's not particularly obvious since you're not required to do it very often.

wombocomboz
11-01-2013, 04:56 AM
Yeah I had the same problem lol, just hop on the chimney and hold RT and click A and you hop up

lolkyvdolky
11-01-2013, 03:52 PM
It's R1 + cross on ps3

Sturnz0r
11-01-2013, 05:15 PM
it is good for hiding behind small cover, as well. Connor had it, too. I think it's one of those things that the devs didn't mean to do it, but when they found out it wouldn't crash anything, they just left it. not sure that's true, though.

anyone find out how to taunt?

Okami 32194
11-01-2013, 11:52 PM
Anyone else have an issue with trying to collect an Animus Fragment in Kingston? It's hovering over Laurens Prins' mansion. Basically its just above one of the chimneys of the house. When you climb to the top of it there Edward does his little crouch when he's standing on things like that. If he stands up he could easily get it. I've tried everything to collect this damned thing but to no avail. Anyone able to collect this thing and if you did, tell me how?

you just jump up for that one, but Ae'm(I'm) having trouble getting one that's by a tree and a the corner of a house that has a straw roof, Ae can't get it no matter how Ae jump at it, could you tell me how to get that/this one please?

Felgrand100
11-04-2013, 12:01 AM
I had that same problem until just a minute ago. All you need to do is drop to the ground. Press the right trigger so you have the ability to jump to the ground but instead drop straight to the ground in one go with the "B" button.

Ice_Man6171
11-05-2013, 08:32 AM

I figured this one out quick and simple, go to the top of the chimney, if you are on ps3, hold r1 without pressing any directional way on the analog stick, hold x, after he is crouched down let go of x he will do a vertical jump.

Grassclippings
11-08-2013, 12:18 AM
I figured this one out quick and simple, go to the top of the chimney, if you are on ps3, hold r1 without pressing any directional way on the analog stick, hold x, after he is crouched down let go of x he will do a vertical jump.

Genius. Thanks lol didnt even know you could do that..

ColeGuido
11-13-2013, 09:24 PM
you just jump up for that one, but Ae'm(I'm) having trouble getting one that's by a tree and a the corner of a house that has a straw roof, Ae can't get it no matter how Ae jump at it, could you tell me how to get that/this one please?

That one is killing me also, it is the last thing I have left in Kingston. Someone please HELP!!!

Viaticall
11-15-2013, 05:53 PM
@ Okami and ColeGuido.

If you hang from the branch facing the fragment then hold RT (R1 for Playstation) you will start swinging, you can then hold A (X) and you'll jump off and into it.

alkanens
11-23-2013, 02:24 PM
On PC it's SHIFT+SPACE to jump straight up.

Kregh
11-24-2013, 04:19 PM
That one is killing me also, it is the last thing I have left in Kingston. Someone please HELP!!!

You have to hang by the hands on the highest branch by the animus. Then swing-jump to reach it :) Took me a while to figure that 1 out :)

nemesis19800627
12-02-2013, 05:04 PM
How to get an Animus Fragment which is above one of the chimneys of the housemansion in Kingston?
It's simple. First you have to stand on a chimney. Then holding "shift" button press "space" button.;)

Fahmidito
12-06-2013, 12:14 PM

I just figure it out one minute ago, you just go to the branch that nearest with the fragment, then hang it and try Shift(For pc) for swing, press up for increasing momentum

TAZ427
12-09-2013, 04:32 PM
@ Okami and ColeGuido.

If you hang from the branch facing the fragment then hold RT (R1 for Playstation) you will start swinging, you can then hold A (X) and you'll jump off and into it.

You can also do this by hitting X to pull yourself up and hit the RT / R1 right afterwards to keep the forward momentum going and he'll do a short jump off the limb instead of a long jump, and he'll hit the Animus Frag.

Thanks the those who posted the RT/R1 + A/X for vertical jump. I guess I'm used to always have the Left Stick going somewhere when using RT/R1 and so never had a direct vertical jump from a squat. This is the last item in the game to 'Yellow' out all the Locations in the game for me.

MODERNHUMAN
01-02-2014, 06:47 AM
Thank you sooooo much guys I was about to leave Kingston full of rage coz of that damn fragment in the tree, your thread was really helpfull !!!
🔥👏🔥

BODIE69
01-19-2014, 02:57 PM
This had me stuck for awhile Ascalz... anyway on PC you press 'Shift key' (hold) & then Press 'Space Bar' couple time & he hop's on the spot. Worked for me.......

colinmafia
01-19-2014, 11:59 PM
I've got the problem of a single piece of animus hovering just below a branch when you jump for it you jump passed it, outside the plantation grounds, if i could jump straight below i'd have it but, what button on ps3 just lets you jump forward just a foot?

colinmafia
01-20-2014, 12:01 AM
could i face the trunk of the tree and jump backwards?

vangatree
01-23-2014, 10:39 AM
For the PC you climb to the top of the chimney. Hold the "Shift" key to bring up the Jump selection and perform the jump.

Hayaku Ishi
01-24-2014, 09:39 AM
Hang from the tree and swing.

DeathStalkerSid
03-08-2014, 10:34 AM
Well, don't know about PS and XBOX, but on PC, just press Shift + Space bar and Edward would jump and collect it. Cheers!

XR4TI21
04-26-2014, 09:53 PM
While hanging from the branch press R2 to swing then click R3 to swing out to grab fragment!

DeganOverLord
06-30-2014, 03:48 PM

If you are in the PC, just hold the sprint button (for me is LShift) and press E, to fall right on it.
Sorry for my English :/