PDA

View Full Version : Does assassin's creed black flag use punk buster?

Xafilah
10-31-2013, 09:15 PM
I'd like to play the new assassin's creed but I absolutely will not if the PC version uses punk buster, I've looked around but not found much could anybody please let me know?

ColdKill18
10-31-2013, 09:35 PM
We'll know it when it starts kicking us out of the game.

thekyle0
10-31-2013, 10:14 PM
What kind of problems did it cause to make you feel so strongly about it? I didn't play AC3 on PC, so I didn't hear anything about it.

ColdKill18
10-31-2013, 10:24 PM
What kind of problems did it cause to make you feel so strongly about it? I didn't play AC3 on PC, so I didn't hear anything about it.
It does not help against hackers but tends to kick honest players out of the game from time to time. And there was a patch which broke AC3 MP for a time - PunkBuster would just kick everyone all the time, if I remember that right...

YazX_
10-31-2013, 11:01 PM
It does not help against hackers but tends to kick honest players out of the game from time to time. And there was a patch which broke AC3 MP for a time - PunkBuster would just kick everyone all the time, if I remember that right...

Yes, PB is useless piece of crap and it broke AC3 MP in multiple occasions by kicking everyone and you had to update it manually and sometimes it didnt fix it. anyway, as AC MP in based on previous ACs codebase, then most probably PB will be there UNLESS Ubisoft specifically decided to ditch it which is unlikely, anyhow we will know in 3 weeks but dont put your hopes up.

thekyle0
10-31-2013, 11:05 PM
Sounds glorious. AC4 is already on thin ice with me as far as AMD compatibility and optimization go, so I think I'll watch for punk buster as well now before deciding to buy. Thanks for the heads up.

strigoi1958
10-31-2013, 11:49 PM
Sounds glorious. AC4 is already on thin ice with me as far as AMD compatibility and optimization go, so I think I'll watch for punk buster as well now before deciding to buy. Thanks for the heads up.

I wouldn't worry about AMD compatibility and optimization they're working on it as frantically as Nvidia are trying to catch up on BF4. And besides if you go to the Nvidia forum you'll see thousands of complaints about driver crashes, GPU deaths and BSOD's (a few by me)... in fact new Nvidia drivers ONLY affect my ubi games and nothing else.... if anything AMD not working in collaboration with AC4 may prove to be a good thing for them. Check out what the last 3 drivers do to AC3... funny http://youtu.be/DTZ08I4vepk

thekyle0
11-01-2013, 12:31 AM
All the same, I'll not risk a preorder on this one. I'd rather spend more money on DLC later than buy them early and broken in a preorder bundle.

Xafilah
11-01-2013, 03:49 AM
Well punkbuster runs as a service, not just with the game. It's in their terms of service that they can take memory dumps (to look through what's in your RAM at that current time, including sensitive information), they can take screenshots ect... Punkbuster is an extremely offensive piece of software that's borderline malware considering the amount of damage and privacy risk it creates. That's why I do not wish to purchases this game if it comes with PB. But of course there are further issues with it as it's quite infamous for breaking peoples OS installs and making games unplayable for some.

Anykeyer
11-01-2013, 06:54 AM
I dont know any reasons why Ubisoft should waste money hiring those evenbalance (punkbuster creators) idiots again.

Did PB prevent ANY known exploit or cheat tool in ANY assassins creed multiplayer so far?
NO

Did it cause countess problems for honest players?
YES

strigoi1958
11-01-2013, 11:40 AM
what about pbsvc.exe ? I used it to remove punkbuster from a few early games (I think COD 2) but I only play campaign so I don't know if it would prevent MP games if it was not included.

Xafilah
11-20-2013, 01:45 AM
Could somebody update me now that the game is out, does it use punkbuster?

Anykeyer
11-20-2013, 10:34 AM
Yes it does. I imagine its just as useless as before.