PDA

View Full Version : Treasure Map error?

kjordan.29
10-31-2013, 07:07 PM
I received a Treasure map with coordinates of 922,422 which is in the middle of the Ocean, with no land around. Is this an error in the game, or are some maps fake?

Reacher008
11-03-2013, 03:32 PM
Hello kjordan.29, I have only begun playing AC IV: Black Flag yesterday but, I believe that treasure maps may also refer to treasures in ship wrecks and not only to treasures buried on land. This is just my thinking, I have never read this on any website or FAQ section, I just think that since you have the ability to search ship wrecks underwater, maybe it's referring to that?

Also, what picture does your treasure map have? Does it show land or sea or maybe a ship? That might give you a clue as to what to do next.

One last thing, if you don't mind me asking, how does the coordinates system work? I have 2 treasure maps and I do see where the coordinates are but, when I hold the "Select" button on my PS3 Controller to bring up the map, I can only see one specific coordinate wherever I move. For example: The coordinates say: 450,245. If I move my cursor up, it stays the same. If I move the cursor down, it stays the same. If I move the cursor to the left or right, it still says the same, no changes at all.

Forgive my ignorance and unattention if there was or will be a tutorial about this that I haven't seen yet but this is really baffeling me. I hope my answer helps you in some way and I would be very greatful if you would please explain to me about how the map coordinates work in the game or show on the map.

Have a great day kjordan.29!

Mjolimer12
11-03-2013, 04:22 PM
that area is somewhere you go later in the story so just keep playing and you will see it eventually

White24Room
11-03-2013, 05:57 PM
I can't find the last Treasure map ... Is this with Ed's fleet ?

Laukidh
11-04-2013, 03:08 AM
One last thing, if you don't mind me asking, how does the coordinates system work? I have 2 treasure maps and I do see where the coordinates are but, when I hold the "Select" button on my PS3 Controller to bring up the map, I can only see one specific coordinate wherever I move. For example: The coordinates say: 450,245. If I move my cursor up, it stays the same. If I move the cursor down, it stays the same. If I move the cursor to the left or right, it still says the same, no changes at all.

You need to be zoomed out of the city maps. The entire city has the same coordinate, but when you're on the seas or if you zoom out you'll be able to see the different coordinates.

BMoattari
11-06-2013, 01:50 PM
Hey Everyone,
So far, I've 87% completed the game, and from what I've gotten so far, Reacher is correct: you do in fact get Treasure Maps for locations at Shipwreck Locations - the only difference being that the point at which the chest is located is actually inside a Smuggler's Cave that is hidden from the outside. Hence, the need to go underwater and then resurface inside the cavern.

Hope this helps everyone!

kjordan.29
11-06-2013, 02:22 PM
Yeah, I figured that out. Guess I got the map too fast! The location is revealed later in the story.