PDA

View Full Version : No more blending animations :(

killzab
10-31-2013, 10:33 AM
All blending animations seem to be gone.

Unlike Connor, Edward doesn't have special animations like leaning against the wall or looking at the wares, stuff like that.

He just stands there ...

It's a real shame because it WAS in the E3 demo. Once again, a removed feature.

But what's worse is that it was in AC3 ... And by the looks of the E3 demo it seemed even better and more varied than before.

deadeagleman
10-31-2013, 03:20 PM
leaning against the wall is there

Jackdaw360
10-31-2013, 07:46 PM
What OP means is when say a group of people are arguing for example, Connor would join in and throw his arms about like he was actually involved.

LoyalACFan
10-31-2013, 08:01 PM
What OP means is when say a group of people are arguing for example, Connor would join in and throw his arms about like he was actually involved.

To be honest, I never actually liked this. It was technically impressive, sure, along with much of AC3's other features, but to me it felt really gamey. I mean, blending is already pushing it in terms of believability, but it's even more of a stretch to walk up to a stranger and start silently waving your hands around in the middle of their argument and not have them react at all. I know it was intended to make the world feel more "alive" by having Connor interact with it on a deeper level, but IMO it just made the civilians seem even more like unresponsive robots.

Wolfmeister1010
10-31-2013, 08:23 PM
At least in this game blending actually works properly..

Jackdaw360
10-31-2013, 09:21 PM
I don't understand how Connor blends in with loads of women lol...

Hopefully they're spend abit more time on the next game, so we can have some new things. Except a blow pipe and multiple guns.

Why did they remove daggers, bow and arrow, tomohawk, hidden gun etc.!

Sturnz0r
11-01-2013, 12:32 AM
you CAN have one Throwing Knife; Disarm and Agile Guard, and it auto-equips, and it is quite effective for stealth gameplay.

the twin sabre animations are awesome, but I didn't like that you have to play that way.. I miss daggers, too. I disarm regulars and marksmen and use the single sabre and musket a lot. The musket has ridiculous range!

I also miss Taunting... Double Counters are very rare (at sequence 7: 2 double counters total), but they would be less so if we could taunt... I'd give up the auto-win chain pistoling for some taunting, as Trigger aiming is pretty awesome; doesn't hurt that the headshot hitbox is very big!! Taunting was the first things I tried to do with Edward, kinda disappointed.

LoyalACFan
11-01-2013, 12:45 AM
I don't understand how Connor blends in with loads of women lol...

Hopefully they're spend abit more time on the next game, so we can have some new things. Except a blow pipe and multiple guns.

Why did they remove daggers, bow and arrow, tomohawk, hidden gun etc.!

Because an English pirate wouldn't have a bow and arrow, tomahawk, or hidden gun. Daggers are actually still in the game if you take them off an agile.

The game has to freaking change somewhat, otherwise people like you whine that it's getting stagnant... like you JUST did in another thread.

Kagurra
11-01-2013, 01:08 AM
Kinda dumb that the only way to get a throwing knife is to take it off of one specific type of enemy though... I'd assume they're pretty obtainable. I haven't played 4 yet, but I assume the throwing knife animation is the same as it's always been, which I don't really love. I wish it was more along the lines of what we see Ezio doing to the two guards in the Brotherhood trailer. An overhand throw that spins the knife. I dunno, just seems more realistic, weighty, and satisfying.

But considering it's something that auto equips from a disarm, maybe it has a different animation. Guess I'll find out when the xbox one comes out.

LoyalACFan
11-01-2013, 01:21 AM
Kinda dumb that the only way to get a throwing knife is to take it off of one specific type of enemy though... I'd assume they're pretty obtainable. I haven't played 4 yet, but I assume the throwing knife animation is the same as it's always been, which I don't really love. I wish it was more along the lines of what we see Ezio doing to the two guards in the Brotherhood trailer. An overhand throw that spins the knife. I dunno, just seems more realistic, weighty, and satisfying.

But considering it's something that auto equips from a disarm, maybe it has a different animation. Guess I'll find out when the xbox one comes out.

It's the same animation.

deskp
11-01-2013, 04:33 PM
I miss blending animations aswell,

dxsxhxcx
11-01-2013, 04:45 PM
To be honest, I never actually liked this. It was technically impressive, sure, along with much of AC3's other features, but to me it felt really gamey. I mean, blending is already pushing it in terms of believability, but it's even more of a stretch to walk up to a stranger and start silently waving your hands around in the middle of their argument and not have them react at all. I know it was intended to make the world feel more "alive" by having Connor interact with it on a deeper level, but IMO it just made the civilians seem even more like unresponsive robots.

I agree, IMO what AC needs is (much) more NPCs on the street just walking around, this way I believe this kind of animations won't be even necessary in most cases...