PDA

View Full Version : [POSSIBLE SPOILER'S] Stop with the boring tutorials!

TonberryFeye
10-31-2013, 10:29 AM
Seriously, Assassin's Creed 4 feels like the worst game for tutorials, just because of how jarring it is!

You start in a fast-paced navy battle that shows the basics of naval combat, and then you have a land-based section to show the basics of moving and combat...

...and then you slam on the breaks with the immersion-breaking "Abstergo" crap that adds nothing to the game at all. After that is 3-4 missions of drudgery. "Walk slowly after people for twenty minutes." "Learn to use a game mechanic nobody actually enjoys." "Learn to Assassinate people despite the fact you've probably assassinated a dozen people already by now."

Do you guys have something against pacing? You want AC4 to be a game within a game, so why didn't you put all this crap in the Abstergo section? Have the Abstergo Terminal contain a tutorial menu so the people who know what they are doing don't have to put up with the tedium.

When I finally got to the open world the game improved considerably, but you don't half have to put up the worst parts of the AC series to get there!

roostersrule2
10-31-2013, 10:38 AM
I agree with some of this, the first couple sequences of AC4 are really disjointing, bar a few missions.

Moultonborough
10-31-2013, 10:40 AM
A) You might want to put a [POSSIBLE SPOILER'S] tag since you talk about the order of it. And B) There needs to be tutorials in the game usually teaching what you can do. Not much they can really do about it. The only one that drove me nuts was AC:R. AC2 did it as well with new abilities/ tools. It's never been a big deal for me overall.

EDIT: For Spoiler tag I need to add what they teach and pretty decent details about them.

TonberryFeye
10-31-2013, 11:43 AM
I'm "spoiling" the first 60 seconds of the game. There's nothing in there that hasn't either been made known already, or is entirely obvious that it's going to be what happens.

Moultonborough
10-31-2013, 12:47 PM
Doesn't much matter how long they are or when they are. Some people may not want to know. I just see it as respectful.

EDIT: Besides, if it's the first sixty seconds I don't see any reason to complain or make a thread about it. Just saying.

FrankieSatt
10-31-2013, 01:48 PM
I agree with the OP that that the first part of the game is boring. It's taking me 5 hours of game play to finally get the Jackdaw and I still don't have a fleet yet, not sure how much further in the game you have to go to get that.

These "Training Missions" could have been done much differently to ease us into the game instead of starting and then stopping and then starting the game again.

SneakierNote
10-31-2013, 01:55 PM
I agree %100 with this. I seriously assassinated 100 people or more right off the bat. Then the governor dude is like let me see you knife and pistol skills... : (

Jackdaw360
10-31-2013, 02:38 PM
I'm on Sequence 11 and I'm still getting tutorial messages. Press ( R ) For Eagle Vision to find your target, bla bla.