PDA

View Full Version : Our Assassin's Creed story?

Coenraad
10-30-2013, 05:25 PM
Hey there, this is my first post here and i am curious how you guys came to play the AC titles. Share your stories here.

Here is mine:
It actualy started off by a whole chain of events. I was mainly locked on some other games, and as a pc gamer i looked at the AC francise like just some other fancy console junk. However i eventualy for a few months back decided to buy myself a PS3, since i was curious to try Gran Turismo 5.
After i became a little done with it i just started to check out more console games. I then found Dishonored, wich i bought on the PC (i am a pc gamer after all) after i was blown out of the water by that i realised i did really miss out on some games, while i was too occupied with just one game before.
After i liked the asassin gameplay in Dishonored my eyes fell on Assassin's Creed 3. Together with the cool youtube clip of Imagine Dragons and that cool AC3 promo i started to watch more youtube vids of AC3.
Scrouge as i am i did not decide to buy AC3 until after i saw a very good offer on AC3 Deluxe, just a couple ow weeks ago.

Allready after the first 30 minutes i realised how much of an fool i had been. AC was not some console junk, it was one of the best, if not the best game i have played the last few years. And it just kept getting better and better. Great graphics and those awesome combat moves, with great cutscenes and story line.
I just found myself walking the streets of Boston and New York, just to breathe in that atmosphere. It just made me jump with joy. What a delight this game was.
It was not all roses though. I did not enjoy the present time bits too much. However, having not played previous titles obviously did not help either.
After having completed AC3 i allmost died of happyness when i saw AC4 being released this year and with such an awesome setting.
Having ordered it for the PC i have to wait for another three weeks, wich is pretty hard to do. My body just screams to play that game.

So i now bought AC2, and i thought that since it came before AC3 it must be worse. Boy was i wrong again. I just love it too. It looks prettty good still and the Italian setting is very nice. With Ezio being a bit more of a charmer the Connor was. Mind you i liked both for what they are and represent.
The only thing that i sttrugled with a bit is that i needed to learn the more complicated controls for AC2. And i did fall down the roofs more then one time :P But when i realized i shouldn't run on the roofs with the spacebar hammered down, it became just fine.

So this is my story,
How did you guys get known with the Assassin's Creed universe?

helmert7
10-30-2013, 07:54 PM
I played Assassins creed 1 at a friend. since then i bought almost all of the Games on pc.
I got assassins creed brotherhood for free because the seller didnt have any more special edition left (which i preorded) :P

Coenraad
10-31-2013, 04:44 PM
That is a nice bonus :)

strigoi1958
11-01-2013, 12:23 AM
played Ubi games before... silent hunter iL2 etc and came across AC 1 in GAME the guy raved about it.... I bought it and thought it had a fantastic basis for a game but there was something missing.... but it made my gaming focus turned to open world games. I played a few others games (Vampire the masquerade bloodlines, saboteur, fallout 3, deus ex HR, dishonored etc) that I still like, but I didn't buy AC2.... until my friend came back from italy and to show me what the city looked like... he showed me AC brotherhood... I was stunned by how much time and effort had gone into every detail... not just the game play but brickwork, clothing everything. I bought it, I bought revelations (it was a revelation) I bought AC 2 and AC3 at the same time. (AC3 is the game I use to judge all games...) after playing them all repeatedly someone told me farcry 3 had come a long way from farcry 1 and I bought that and tomb raider at the same time... farcry 3 is great but AC3 always edges it... if AC4 is even 90% as good as AC3 I'll be happy but I think it is going to match it at the very least. As a solo player length of campaign gameplay and enough content to keep me replaying a game again and again are important and only AC games and farcry 3 are the only games replayed by me.

CathrineDeti
11-02-2013, 06:50 AM
I have heard a lot about this game but not actually played it. Will definitely start playing it now and share my stories then. :)