PDA

View Full Version : What would your ideal location for a new Assassin's Creed game and why?

KL70
10-30-2013, 12:34 PM
What would be your ideal creatively location for a new Assassin's Creed game, if you had to come up with one and please say why.

Flutterwhat
10-30-2013, 12:37 PM
Austrailia because it has a ritch history that we could all stand to learn about

Krayus Korianis
10-30-2013, 12:37 PM
Amazonian Order or one set in the Congo. Where there's jungles and the like with smallish settlements. I'd go for the Mayan/Amazonian Assassin's Order personally. Since it sort of makes sense with the Precursor's temples. The Congo also makes sense as well, since Eden was apparently based at the bottom of Mount Kilimanjaro in AC.

Farlander1991
10-30-2013, 12:39 PM
We have 'Future AC titles (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/758424-Future-AC-Titles/page117)' thread that serves the same purpose.

Admittedly it went down a bit in pages due to a sudden surge of new topics after ACIV's release, but still.

medve91
10-30-2013, 12:42 PM
Japan of course, in the 16 century, with Samurais and Ninjas, It would be Epic! Just Imagen killing Samurais and Assassinate Shoguns, or Even the Emperor. Fighting With katanas, Ninja Stars, Claws etc.. It would be Awesome!

ACLexter
10-30-2013, 01:34 PM
Japan of course, in the 16 century, with Samurais and Ninjas, It would be Epic! Just Imagen killing Samurais and Assassinate Shoguns, or Even the Emperor. Fighting With katanas, Ninja Stars, Claws etc.. It would be Awesome!
I'm imagining Tom Cruise with a Hood and hidden blade :D

ProdiGurl
10-30-2013, 01:42 PM
Victorian era or Egypt

GreySkellig
10-30-2013, 02:04 PM
My own interests:
Imperial Rome (during the early empire's wars with the Germanic Suebi, perhaps) However, we've already had a game set in Rome (a different time period, yes, but having been there last week I can say that even now the city looks largely the same) so I doubt we'll ever see this.

Victorian England has been mentioned plenty, so I won't get into too much detail. There's a lot of good aspects to this one, but I'm thinking Ubisoft is going to want to take a break for a few games from settings with access to firearms--so London is out for now, most likely.

Ancient China: Probably the most likely of the three. There was some incredible fan art which really showed its potential, the ingenuity of the period provides for plenty of cool gadgets, and the notoriously vicious and complex politics of early China would lend itself well to Assassin/Templar stab-fests. This is also a good alternative to an Imperial/Shogunate Japanese AC, which I will continue to point out Ubi has repeatedly vowed NEVER TO MAKE. They claim (and I agree) that the setting has been done to death by other games and movies.

I'd also love to see Northwest Europe in the Early Medieval (Norse/Saxon), but i can't see how that'd work with AC.

I-Like-Pie45
10-30-2013, 02:42 PM
I came in expecting to read about Japan.

Oh AC community, when shall you learn that even if Ubisoft makes a Japan AC game, it won't be anything like the juvenile ninja samurai fantasy running in your minds?

GreySkellig
10-30-2013, 04:54 PM
I came in expecting to read about Japan.

Oh AC community, when shall you learn that even if Ubisoft makes a Japan AC game, it won't be anything like the juvenile ninja samurai fantasy running in your minds?

This. I feel like there's an enormous contingent on these forums campaigning for certain locations coughEgyptcough just because they'd be "cool." Ubisoft is pretty picky about locations, and they consider things like politics, city size, and (most pertinent to Japan) the number of horridly cheesy games which already exist on the period.

pirate1802
10-30-2013, 05:28 PM
A game spanning Alexander's journey. It starts in Macedonia, moves though Persia and middle east and ends in Northern India. THAT is my dream AC game and I'm prepared to sell my kidneys to see it happen. :|

stingray110
10-30-2013, 05:46 PM
A game spanning Alexander's journey. It starts in Macedonia, moves though Persia and middle east and ends in Northern India. THAT is my dream AC game and I'm prepared to sell my kidneys to see it happen. :|

You have literally described my dreams. Perfection right there.

Rugterwyper32
10-30-2013, 05:52 PM
I've had a few in mind, actually. While the one I'd love to see the most is Spain and Portugal either during the Reconquista or the times of the Portuguese Succession Crisis and the subsequent Iberian Union, both potentially being truly amazing, other ones I'd love are:

- Colonial South America, particularly Peru. It's one I've been hoping for since seeing the Nazca Lines and Machu Picchu among those bloody nice messages 16 left in the room in AC1

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20121105143420/assassinscreed/images/thumb/c/c0/Glyph-Nazca_Lines.png/180px-Glyph-Nazca_Lines.png
http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20121105143243/assassinscreed/images/thumb/1/1a/Glyph-Mountain_Valley.png/180px-Glyph-Mountain_Valley.png

- Germany during the times of Charlemagne or the Thirty Years' War. I can just imagine a Frontier-like area just that instead of smaller forts have castles and medieval towns around. How wonderful would that be.

- A game with Shao Jun during the times of the Ming Dinasty. The cryptic message from AC1, "Within Emperor Jiajing's sin and Quetzcoaltz's hunger lies the Answers.", Giovanni Borgia from Project Legacy seeing a Chinese man through the crystal skull and everyone and their mother wanting to see an Asian AC setting, I think this one's pretty likely. Plus I'm sure people would love Shao Jun back. I know I'd like that, it'd be interesting.

- Siberia during the Decemberist Revolt. Lots of exiles, lots of possibilities, interesting cities like Omsk, Irkutsk, Krasnoyarsk and Tobolsk. And it'd certainly be rather unique, we'd be talking Russia but not the usual Russia one would expect.

- This is a more recent idea, the area around the Baltic Sea during the times of the Hanseatic League. Lubeck in Germany, Riga in Latvia, Stockholm and Visby for Sweden and Copenhagen for Denmark. Good for naval, some pretty good cities to explore, and overall some nice fun times. I know I'd be all for it.

- Northern Africa during Roman times. A game based on the Roman Empire without having Rome being part of it. Alexandria, Leptis Magna, Carthage... Man, some good possibilities here.

Those are the ones I'd like the most. Might as well just post them all at once considering this will likely be merged with the "Future AC Titles" topic that should be used for this, but hey.

ze_topazio
10-30-2013, 06:09 PM
Portugal, county of Portugal, the iberian part of the Almohad dynasty empire, the iberian part of the Almoravid dynasty empire, Taifa of Seville, Taifa of Badajoz, Caliphate of Córdoba, Emirate of Córdoba, the iberian part of the Umayyad Caliphate, Visigothic Kingdom, Kingdom of the Suebi, Lusitania (both "independent" and as a province) and whatever came before that in the western side of the Iberian peninsula, i think i didn't forget anything major.

I've had a few in mind, actually. While the one I'd love to see the most is Spain and Portugal either during the Reconquista or the times of the Portuguese Succession Crisis and the subsequent Iberian Union, both potentially being truly amazing

I love you, no homo.

Megas_Doux
10-30-2013, 07:10 PM
We already went to:

1 Middle East.
2 Mediterranean Europe.
3 Eastern Europe, although under ottoman influence.
4 Colonial America.
5 The caribbean.

We need the east again, but the FAR east! China, Indochina...and even though I know India is not the fast east, india as well!

Or Northen Europe :P

silvermercy
10-30-2013, 07:15 PM

If I see this one day I'm gonna die (after I play it of course... lol) as my life will be complete!!!!!!

*joins you there for extra kidney selling. The more kidneys the merrier*

Jayden26
10-30-2013, 11:15 PM
We already went to:

1 Middle East.
2 Mediterranean Europe.
3 Eastern Europe, although under ottoman influence.
4 Colonial America.
5 The caribbean.

We need the east again, but the FAR east! China, Indochina...and even though I know India is not the fast east, india as well!

Or Northen Europe :P

Middle East is in Asia so you should have just said Asia.

Dutchman141
10-31-2013, 12:02 AM
I've got two era's that I would realy like to see.

Ancient Egypt, the time of the pharaos, Egypt was eons ahead of their surrounding countries when it comes to architecture and social stucture, until rome came up that is.
Their social complexity would make a great scene for the two philosophic and lectured organisations as the Templars and the Assassins, although the name Templar was introduced much later.

or

Western Europe in the Middle Ages, the time when the actual Templars were introduced, they were send to the Holy Land but were founded in England.
Hard to inmagine an Assassin freerunning in full suit of armor knight's style though :) but I do like that era.

My first choise would have been the age of sail but that's allready covered :)

ArabianFrost
10-31-2013, 12:05 AM
It's the French revolution. Close the thread, pack your bags, hand in your accounts and close the forums. We're done here.

ArabianFrost
10-31-2013, 12:07 AM
If I see this one day I'm gonna die (after I play it of course... lol) as my life will be complete!!!!!!

*joins you there for extra kidney selling. The more kidneys the merrier*

I think that game would be made by at least 5 generations of developers. No way in hell this could even fit a 5 year development window. If you're going to think something up, think small, cause we're getting annual releases, so we need something that fits in.

Shahkulu101
It's the French revolution. Close the thread, pack your bags, hand in your accounts and close the forums. We're done here.

Well this is certainly food for thought.

Dutchman141

LOL

Ash said in an interview that he likes Egypt to though.

scooper121s
10-31-2013, 12:35 AM
Victorian Era london

I-Like-Pie45
10-31-2013, 12:52 AM
Connor sequel in the Northwest

Assassin's Creed: Last Ride West with Civil War backdrop (think The Good, Bad & The Ugly) starring Connor's grandson/daughter.

Assassin's Creed: Dynasty (an ambitious Assassin's Creed game set in three different periods of China. From the Qin to Yuan to Qing with fully playable modern day hubs of Hong Kong and Shanghai complete with five sequences worth of modern day missions) with at least one of the protatonists voiced by Jackie Chan and featuring original songs performed by Jackie Chan.

Assassin's Creed: Less than Zero - an Assassin's Creed spin-off exploring the decadence and decay of the Reagan years with gratuitous sex and drugs included

Assassn's Creed: Excalibur - King Arthur, the story you thought you knew made new

AC2_alex
10-31-2013, 12:55 AM
Middle East is in Asia so you should have just said Asia.

and your point is.....

AC2_alex
10-31-2013, 12:56 AM
Connor sequel in the Northwest

Assassin's Creed: Last Ride West with Civil War backdrop (think The Good, Bad & The Ugly) starring Connor's grandson/daughter.

Assassin's Creed: Dynasty (an ambitious Assassin's Creed game set in three different periods of China. From the Qin to Yuan to Qing with fully playable modern day hubs of Hong Kong and Shanghai complete with five sequences worth of modern day missions) with at least one of the protatonists voiced by Jackie Chan and featuring original songs performed by Jackie Chan.

Assassin's Creed: Less than Zero - an Assassin's Creed spin-off exploring the decadence and decay of the Reagan years with gratuitous sex and drugs included

Assassn's Creed: Excalibur - King Arthur, the story you thought you knew made new

Where's the Like Button? Someone make a Like Button, so I may click it on this post.

fcederberg
10-31-2013, 12:57 AM
Please make a game in Sweden! That would be the Most awsome thing ever! I rest my case.

I-Like-Pie45
10-31-2013, 01:12 AM
there are some signs that I found pointing towards Cennar and Avelanyie in the French Revolution for the next game

which would be extremely terrible, despite my jubilant support for the French people and the guillotine.

AC2_alex
10-31-2013, 01:24 AM
I don't want another family story. No more new Kenways, that is. I'd LOVE another Connor game, but not his daughter or something. Bleh

pirate1802
10-31-2013, 04:29 AM
I think that game would be made by at least 5 generations of developers. No way in hell this could even fit a 5 year development window. If you're going to think something up, think small, cause we're getting annual releases, so we need something that fits in.

Who said there has to be one continuous area from Europe from India? I was thinking more in line of a temporal journey though his conquest rather than spatial. Say the game would be split in three acts. First would be in Macedon. You'd have a central city and surrounding areas, AC style. In second act you move to middle east/egypt centered around Babylon, and in the final act you move to bactria. Simple. You can't move between these cities at any given time for obvious reasons, but each city would be a self-contained mini Brotherhood-type world with their own share of countryside and smaller townships. It would also contrast the different cultures of the cities well. And after you've finished the storyline you unlock cheats which allow you to freely move about all the cities. problem solved!

raytrek79
10-31-2013, 06:18 AM
Atlantis.

roostersrule2
10-31-2013, 06:32 AM
Ancient Greece.

Sigv4rd
10-31-2013, 06:37 AM
And after you've finished the storyline you unlock cheats which allow you to freely move about all the cities. problem solved!

Couldn't you just replay memories to return to previous cities?
Cool idea though :)

AngryRaisin
10-31-2013, 06:40 AM
What I'd like to see and what I think they'll do are two very different things! :)

I love the idea of going all the way back to Atlantis and Lemuria. That would be soooo badass—it would be about the origins of everything and could certainly tie into the Caribbean locations in the current game.

And in keeping with the previous releases and story lines, I'd love to see Paris and Madrid or perhaps Lisbon, as well as London as major cities the way Florence and Venice and Rome were. It would be sweet to have secondary locations such as Stonehenge and places in Ireland and Scotland, and even islands such as Tenerife, Mallorca and the Canary Islands, etc.

And then there's Africa and more of the Middle East and India. And Scandanavia would be badass with the Vikings and all.

But what I think they will do is Feudal Japan, which will also be cool but it's just not the top of my personal list, however I think it would make for an epic game in so many ways. I believe this because, in the beginning of the game upon getting briefed at Abstergo, the first conversation that is overheard while walking through the lobby is a group of people discussing Feudal Japan.

Sigv4rd
10-31-2013, 07:05 AM
Atlantis.

First Civ Underwater City?

Secu12
10-31-2013, 09:45 AM
For 3000 years the egyptians worshiped had a plentiful of deities. One day a pharoah came and said there is on truly god, The Sun God. His name was Amenhotep IV (Akhenaton), father of Tut-ankh-Amon, the pharaoh boy. For the first time in history such things would happen. You can only imagine how great would be to place a game during this time of religion revolution, political changes. During this era in Egypt were build all the major sites and cities including Sakkara, Gizza, Thebes, Memphis, Abu Simbel the old city Akhetaton, known today as Amarna, build by one man's will during his reign. I don't even mention the amount of cultural, civilization they had for that era and the variety of conspiracy theories, not only about the pyramids position).

Aphex_Tim
10-31-2013, 09:59 AM
I'd like to see AC take place during the Dutch Golden Age once. Maybe in Leiden and Amsterdam.
For reasons that should be obvious. :p

chibi_andy
10-31-2013, 10:50 AM
well ancient china would be nice set during the warring states of the spring-autumn period or the 3 kingdom era.

japan would be nice as well, could be set in the times when christian missionaries arrived to japan hence bringing in the templars into the country.

then again im not too interested in egypt we already had a prince of persia game thats set in similar region with the desert and what not.

GameLord_23
11-08-2017, 12:32 PM
JAPAN!! It is about time for that. You can't ignore what so many customers are asking for UBISOFT! Now please, get to work... ;)

J2Ninja
11-08-2017, 02:10 PM
Japan first choice - I would even buy the season pass day one.

Second choice Medieval Britain - 9 to14th century. AC:Origins gives a really goof feel of the fortifications, loot and sword fighting which would suit this period.

Normans, Viking, Britons, Saxons, rebelling Barons all fighting got control various kingdoms which would eventually become England. Plenty of religion thrown in for good measure - including religious military orders - Templars, hospitallers and teutonic knights. Plenty of left over Roman architecture, Iron age brochs, Alfreds burhs system and a million churches, Norman era motte and baileys and later castles like caenarfon. Black death, famine, revolts and crusades. No shortage of source material.