PDA

View Full Version : Questions about the game (harpoon & diving & loading cities) and future DLC...

ZAMBIA449
10-30-2013, 10:32 AM
Hi,

Just have a few question's about the game, I have the skull edition of the game and its great, and really enjoyinng the game itself so far (upto chapter 4), the highlight so far are naval battles - really amazing.

But can you start harpoon mission's at any time in free foam ? i am unable to find this feature, also this is the same for diving underwater (i only seem to be able to steath swim/dive) any ideas ?

Also i have one slight dissapointment with the game, the way in which the cities load - i understand that this had to be done - due to the limets of current gen, but nassu for example, i sail near it, and it gives me the option to enter or decline, if i decline, it then seems to put my ship in another location away from nassu, plus there seems to be like a blue wave surronding the island - which looks strange, also it keeps saying access out of bounds or something, I feel this area of the game could of been done a bit better - This is just my opinion.

Anyone know if the PS4 / Xbox one will have loading into cites ?

probably a little early to ask about dlc, anychance you could add the man of war ship as dlc - so it would be possible to sail it in free-roam.

Cheers.

Bahamut_God
10-30-2013, 10:42 AM
I'm up to sequence 4 and i've already harpooned whales and sharks so far to acquire the holsters mainly just find a harpooning area and you should start, you need to progress through he story more to unlock the diving bell as it says in the shop the loading with nassau and Caribbean or other cities were confirmed a long time ago, I guess it would have lagged between the ocean and just the cities, as the cities do have quite a lot of stuff in them, I wouldn't think the whole map would be one area if you know what I mean, Next Gens do have this as shown in London Games Con uploads, I wouldn't think the man of war would be a dlc but let's not give our hopes up.

Krayus Korianis
10-30-2013, 10:43 AM
Diving points and harpooning points are all throughout the Caribbean. I can't really pinpoint where exactly they are, but they are there, I can guarantee that one. lol.

It'll most likely have loading. Nothing can escape that :\ sadly. At least on the places other than Nassau/Kingston/Havana, we get land to ship to sea without loading.

ZAMBIA449
10-30-2013, 11:01 AM
Thank you for reply's, i thought the harpooning was started from the jackdaw, i did not know the were at various places around the map, i will try and look for them later - cheers.

So you can only dive underwater with the diving bell, ok i have seen that in the jackdaw upgrades - its say i must progress with the story to access, no problem.

I did see a video where they confirmed that there would be loading between Nassau/Kingston/Havana and the rest of the map - i understand that had to be done, i just think it could of been done better, but it is what it is. still a great game though.

Also i did buy the season pass on xbox 360 and it has freedom dlc coming soon, do you get other story DLC at some point aswell ?

Cheers.

Krayus Korianis
10-30-2013, 11:05 AM
I haven't a clue what in its entirety the Season Pass has. Only the few aspects shown from UbiSoft.

The harpooning and diving appear as white circles on the ocean when you come upon them.

ZAMBIA449
10-30-2013, 11:12 AM
I haven't a clue what in its entirety the Season Pass has. Only the few aspects shown from UbiSoft.

The harpooning and diving appear as white circles on the ocean when you come upon them.

Cheers, I have just checked on the game, and your are right, there was 1 white circle on the map, but it had a time limet on it - is this how it is for all harpooning - a time limet to sail there and complete them ?

Krayus Korianis
10-30-2013, 12:10 PM
Cheers, I have just checked on the game, and your are right, there was 1 white circle on the map, but it had a time limet on it - is this how it is for all harpooning - a time limet to sail there and complete them ?

Pretty much. I didn't really want to go into that part of the game at the moment. Was busy sailing and plundering rofl.

C3G Jester
10-30-2013, 03:12 PM
Hi,

Just have a few question's about the game, I have the skull edition of the game and its great, and really enjoyinng the game itself so far (upto chapter 4), the highlight so far are naval battles - really amazing.

But can you start harpoon mission's at any time in free foam ? i am unable to find this feature, also this is the same for diving underwater (i only seem to be able to steath swim/dive) any ideas ?

Also i have one slight dissapointment with the game, the way in which the cities load - i understand that this had to be done - due to the limets of current gen, but nassu for example, i sail near it, and it gives me the option to enter or decline, if i decline, it then seems to put my ship in another location away from nassu, plus there seems to be like a blue wave surronding the island - which looks strange, also it keeps saying access out of bounds or something, I feel this area of the game could of been done a bit better - This is just my opinion.

Anyone know if the PS4 / Xbox one will have loading into cites ?

probably a little early to ask about dlc, anychance you could add the man of war ship as dlc - so it would be possible to sail it in free-roam.

Cheers.

U want a Man of War?? Completely upgrade ur ship. Thats all i can say atm