PDA

View Full Version : Corporate strikes again!

hinowisaybye
10-30-2013, 10:18 AM
So, I'm fairly broke right now, just barely lost my job while looking into college. And my buddy pre-ordered AC4 (which nobody should do, for any game). I thought I'd just borrow his game for a bit and play it. But guess what, if you don't give ubisoft $10, or have bought a brand new game, you don't get full access to the game. Ubisoft has been up to this for a while, but now they decided to up the ******baggery by cutting out singleplayer content as well. This is purely nothing but greed at work, you want to get as much money as you possibly can. Well I'm here to tell you, that this has just officially back fired. I will not purchase this game, nor any other Ubisoft game. As a matter of fact, I have just become an Anti-ubisoft walking Ad campaign. Everybody who asks me, will officially know how much you suck. Seriously, what happened to making games because you enjoy making games, and not because you want to empty everybody's wallets? I know you've already made you're money back on the game, is somebody borrowing the game from their friend really hurting you? No of coarse it isn't, you all ready have everything you could wish for monetary wise. So why not ease up on the Scrooge mentality huh?

Krayus Korianis
10-30-2013, 10:48 AM
That's only for MP... Not for SP. Please be correct when you go off spouting misinformation.

Mr_Shade
10-30-2013, 11:08 AM
Also - you can enjoy multiplayer upto level 10, so, you have time to see if you wish to buy a Ubisoft Uplay passport.

ZAMBIA449
10-30-2013, 11:20 AM
according to game informer they say:

Originally Posted by Game Informer

Online Pass Activates Some Assassin's Creed IV Single-Player Content

They may not like it, but gamers are at least familiar with the idea of an online pass gating off multiplayer content. However, in Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag, a noteworthy element of the single-player campaign is unavailable without the Ubisoft's Uplay Passport.

When protagonist Edward Kenway boards a ship, he has the option to add the ship to his fleet. This fleet functions similarly to your assassin recruits in previous titles; you can send them on missions, and after a varying number of real-time minutes, the ships return with money and spoils. However, we've confirmed that your access to this whole loop is gated by the Uplay Passport. In other words, if you borrow the game from a friend who has already redeemed the code (or buy the game used), you don't get the fleet and the benefits that come with it in your single-player game.

On one hand, the fleet does include online elements. You are able to have your friends assist you to make missions go faster, for instance. On the other hand, there's nothing about it that demands this assistance; once you can use your fleet, you can do the missions solo. Previous installments in the series, like Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood, included similar offline versions of this mechanic.

Source: http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/a...ampaign=Buffer

I have already used the uplay code on my console, but my son also plays this game but he has his own xbox 360 and his own gamertag - @Mr _Shade - would that mean i have to buy another uplay code for my son to access some of this single player content on his console ?

Krayus Korianis
10-30-2013, 11:41 AM
No. When you input the code, you download a file to your Xbox 360. ANYONE who plays on THAT 360 that you initially download on can play and use that DLC. Even the Season Pass and uPlay Passport.

hinowisaybye
10-30-2013, 09:47 PM
That doesn't make it better. It's still withholding single player content unless you pay Ubisoft personally. This is more of the anti-used game BS, and nothing but pure greed at work.

P.S. Do some actual research before telling me I'm wrong.

Dutchman141
10-30-2013, 10:27 PM
No. When you input the code, you download a file to your Xbox 360. ANYONE who plays on THAT 360 that you initially download on can play and use that DLC. Even the Season Pass and uPlay Passport.

That's not entirely acurate. I purchased the special edition with Sacrifice Secrets as extra content, only the person who enters the code gets the extra content, I gave the code to my son but I don't have Sacrificed Secrets.
I asked Ubi Support about it an they confirmed it's only aavailable to the person who redeemed the code.
Bit cheap if you ask me but I can live with it.

luckyto
10-30-2013, 10:33 PM
That doesn't make it better. It's still withholding single player content unless you pay Ubisoft personally. This is more of the anti-used game BS, and nothing but pure greed at work.

P.S. Do some actual research before telling me I'm wrong.

Get over it. The fleet management system is a completely new level of functionality which extends into companion mobile apps and the cloud - far beyond what your console offers. It's an extensive development effort to offer mobile app functionality that serves the single player experience in a meaningful way. You paying for the game that you are playing is what allows developers to build cool new features for the rest of us to use. Otherwise, you just get lame static content.

The fleet portion of the game is not necessary to finish the story. If you want more, buy the damn game.

Navarp
10-30-2013, 10:37 PM
1) Get a job . . .

2) Get paid $10.00+

3) Learn to be happy.

I love the sense of entitlement by Hi now I say bye. Your argument seems to be "My Community should be able to enjoy all aspects of this game, but only pay for it once."

Being upset because you can only enjoy 98% of the single player game for Free is a little boggling.

LoyalACFan
10-30-2013, 10:40 PM
Get over it. The fleet management system is a completely new level of functionality which extends into companion mobile apps and the cloud - far beyond what your console offers. It's an extensive development effort to offer mobile app functionality that serves the single player experience in a meaningful way. You paying for the game that you are playing is what allows developers to build cool new features for the rest of us to use. Otherwise, you just get lame static content.

The fleet portion of the game is not necessary to finish the story. If you want more, buy the damn game.

I'm inclined to agree. Not paying a dime for a game and then whining that 1% of that game is unavailable to you? Heh, alright...

Dutchman141
10-30-2013, 10:42 PM
I'm inclined to agree. Not paying a dime for a game and then whining that 1% of that game is unavailable to you? Heh, alright...

This

EvilPixieGrrr
10-30-2013, 10:50 PM
Since this thread is going nowhere, I'm just gonna lock it up.