PDA

View Full Version : Alternate outfit question

PARACORD2_3
10-30-2013, 10:13 AM
Anyone else disappointed that the alternate colored armors for kenway like the pirate captain's outfit has the hood up constantly and doesn't switch if on and off like the regular robes? I was pumped to get the red and black look and the fact that the hood stays up all the time killed it for me.

Bahamut_God
10-30-2013, 10:17 AM
honestly I'm kind of getting annoyed that Edward is constantly pulling his hood down, he's an assassin so I would like him to keep the hood up in my opinion, but that's just me so i don't know

Farlander1991
10-30-2013, 10:24 AM
Hm? Look at 4:30 of this video. Clearly the pirate captain outfit pulls his hood down, as do all the other outfits.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WxD22vkzyvA

PARACORD2_3
10-30-2013, 10:28 AM
Well then why has mine yet to go down a single time since I've gotten it?

Farlander1991
10-30-2013, 10:31 AM
Well then why has mine yet to go down a single time since I've gotten it?

Well, then it's either:
a) a bug
or
b) you haven't been in an area of the game yet where the hood goes down (regardless of the outfit)

I don't own the game yet (waiting for PC release) so I don't know what the exact criteria for the hood being up or down are, as judging by videos it's not just restricted areas.

PARACORD2_3
10-30-2013, 10:40 AM
Must be a bug. The hood normally goes down anytime your not in combat or in a restricted area.

guardian_titan
10-30-2013, 02:29 PM
honestly I'm kind of getting annoyed that Edward is constantly pulling his hood down, he's an assassin so I would like him to keep the hood up in my opinion, but that's just me so i don't know

Edward's an assassin only very late in the game. Before that, he's nothing but a pauper wearing their robes and using their hidden blades. So there's no reason why he should have his hood up 24-7 until toward the end.
With the outfits working or not, you'd think the hood would share animations across outfits so there's not much reason for them not to work. Possibly just a bug. Since the main outfit was the one typically shown in all the previews, possible they forgot to check the other outfits. Certainly possible given another oversight at the end. :rolleyes: If you believe it to be a bug, report it as such. Ubisoft can't fix it if it's not on their "to fix" list.

Mr_Shade
10-30-2013, 02:33 PM
Hi Paracord 2_3,

Can you please give me some more information, so I can report this to the team?

What region, console and format are you playing? [eg, UK, PS3, PSN download]

When did this start?

Have you changed outfits to a standard one, and seen the hood go up /down - and visited the same area with the new outfit?

Evenesque
10-30-2013, 05:08 PM
So, can you change the color of his armor when you have a cloak on? The cloaks look weird in contrast to the default outfit.