PDA

View Full Version : SOME stores have gave out AC 4 early, I am }<@$! pissed.

SneakierNote
10-28-2013, 07:49 PM
WHY are some of my %#^! f friends playing AC 4 a day and a half BEFORE its suppose to be released in the US? I am going to find out what $>=+$ stores did this when Ubisoft DID NOT that I know allow the release of AC 4 BF almost a day and a half early. It was suppose to be the 29... not the 27 or the 28. I hope you are all as pissed as I am. So I go into GameStop and go ape )? at the dude (I pre-ordered 3 copies) at the counter. He is like we have your copies here but are not allowed to give them 2 u till tomorrow... I said fine told him I was sorry and walked out. Its either Amason or Wal-Mart that has been releasing AC BF 4 BEFORE the freaking release date so... One of you people that are playing the game right now tell me where u got it. Either way if no one wants to fess up on here it does not matter I will find out and when I do I am going to sue the >:!%# @+ out of the store that sold these copies which is aginst the $}>=+-@ law. my rage is done now i think......

oliacr
10-28-2013, 07:53 PM
one and a half day only? a friend of mine is playing for around 1week now...

STDlyMcStudpants
10-28-2013, 08:00 PM
Welcome to the Club I'm just as angry and I'm sure Ubisoft is just as angry as well...
Like Oliacr said..some places have had it for a week already.
But you don't have a case lol..you can't sue..I'm sure UBI can though.

pacmanate
10-28-2013, 08:09 PM
http://25.media.tumblr.com/60bb4c611c3f788ad9877e30fb777495/tumblr_mumbzcQ9vX1rlbvwso1_500.gif

pirate1802
10-28-2013, 08:17 PM
And now you feel how us PC folks feel every year..

SleezeRocker
10-28-2013, 09:08 PM
Connections really. I have a friend on PSN who practically plays nearly any upcoming release game like a 3-5 days before hand. I've seen him play Crysis 3, Bioshock Inf. New Tomb Raider, GoWAscension, Injustice, Last of Us, Splinter Cell Blacklist and Batman Origins. Around the time of GoWA I asked how he plays em early and I believe he told me that he has a friend or relative that works in those shipping warehouses and gives it to him.

But I don't necessarily care baout playing games earlyier than others. It's not I'd be 'The first one" playing before anyone else. hehe

STDlyMcStudpants
10-28-2013, 09:55 PM
Connections really. I have a friend on PSN who practically plays nearly any upcoming release game like a 3-5 days before hand. I've seen him play Crysis 3, Bioshock Inf. New Tomb Raider, GoWAscension, Injustice, Last of Us, Splinter Cell Blacklist and Batman Origins. Around the time of GoWA I asked how he plays em early and I believe he told me that he has a friend or relative that works in those shipping warehouses and gives it to him.

But I don't necessarily care about playing games earlier than others. It's not I'd be 'The first one" playing before anyone else. hehe
I get a bit of an anxiety not being a day one guy lol...sounds silly but I feel like I'm missing out..cant really explain it...
(this only happens with yearly releases or massive AAA releases though)

MenocidiX
10-28-2013, 09:57 PM
One of you people that are playing the game right now tell me where u got it.
Ubishop lol. Srsly. Delivered on Saturday.

ACfan443
10-28-2013, 10:58 PM
It's common procedure for a significant number of game companies to ship pre orders a couple of days early in the hope that the product reaches the customer on time. Chill, you'll get it soon enough.

pacmanate
10-28-2013, 11:00 PM
It's common procedure for a significant number of game companies to ship pre orders a couple of days early in the hope that the product reaches the customer on time. Chill, you'll get it soon enough.

But what if he doesn't and the fat chinese lady sings?!

FrankieSatt
10-29-2013, 12:04 AM
Maybe if UbiSoft and other gaming companies were to start punishing those who break the street date than people would stop breaking it. Maybe XBox and Playstation could start banning people who play the game early, easy enough to find out who is playing it early.

As long as UbiSoft don't care who breaks the street dates people and companies will continue to do so. It starts with the gaming companies.

pacmanate
10-29-2013, 12:05 AM
Maybe if UbiSoft and other gaming companies were to start punishing those who break the street date than people would stop breaking it. Maybe XBox and Playstation could start banning people who play the game early, easy enough to find out who is playing it early.

As long as UbiSoft don't care who breaks the street dates people and companies will continue to do so. It starts with the gaming companies.

You cant ban people playing it early if they got it legit. I bought AC3 full price last year, got it 5 days early, should I have been banned?

The SELLERS should be penalized, not the buyers.

FrankieSatt
10-29-2013, 12:23 AM
You cant ban people playing it early if they got it legit. I bought AC3 full price last year, got it 5 days early, should I have been banned?

If it's Illegal to sell the game early and you buy it, even though legally, than you are just as responsible for the breakage of street date than the person or company who sold you the game. YES, you should be banned as well. However, to do that gaming companies need to start saying that people who play the game early under any circumstances get banned.

Actually, the first thing that needs to happen is that gaming companies need to start punishing the sellers, which they won't do.

pacmanate
10-29-2013, 12:30 AM
If it's Illegal to sell the game early and you buy it, even though legally, than you are just as responsible for the breakage of street date than the person or company who sold you the game. YES, you should be banned as well. However, to do that gaming companies need to start saying that people who play the game early under any circumstances get banned.

Actually, the first thing that needs to happen is that gaming companies need to start punishing the sellers, which they won't do.

But I buy it online?

FrankieSatt
10-29-2013, 12:45 AM
But I buy it online?

I will grant you that. However, if gaming companies say that NO ONE can play their games until the street date and if gaming companies were to make it so that you can't play the game until street date than there wouldn't be any problems, other than those who hack it illegally and then you ban those.

It starts with gaming companies actually caring about the street date. As long as they don't than the companies that purposefully break the street date will continue to do so because there are no repercussions.

I-Like-Pie45
10-29-2013, 01:08 AM
The majority, oppressing an individual, is guilty of a crime, abuses its strength, and by acting on the law of the strongest breaks up the foundations of society.

SneakierNote
10-29-2013, 01:41 AM
I just feel cheated its cool I am sorry about this thread. I do not want to ruin your guys fun. I just snapped I know three stores in OH that released the game 2 days early without Ubisofts permission. I am not mad at Ubisoft its obviously the stores fault. I work at a jail so I have never stocked shelves or anything. One can only guess there was something on the AC 4 BF shipping box that would say DO NOT DISTRIBUTE UNTIL 10/29/13... The store would probably blame the employee saying they did not listen to directions. In todays day and age it seems like everyone just gets a slap on the wrist. The reason I bought three copies is because 2 of my RL friends just lost there jobs permently,they were in a plastic plant that made parts for General Motors. None of us were planning on playing until tomorrow anyway. Sorry again if I upset anyone life is never fair so its dumb I even posted this. Everything I said was true and I stand by it but I should of just let it go. Have a good night all and cheers to AC 4 BF.

STDlyMcStudpants
10-29-2013, 02:22 AM
I just feel cheated its cool I am sorry about this thread. I do not want to ruin your guys fun. I just snapped I know three stores in OH that released the game 2 days early without Ubisofts permission. I am not mad at Ubisoft its obviously the stores fault. I work at a jail so I have never stocked shelves or anything. One can only guess there was something on the AC 4 BF shipping box that would say DO NOT DISTRIBUTE UNTIL 10/29/13... The store would probably blame the employee saying they did not listen to directions. In todays day and age it seems like everyone just gets a slap on the wrist. The reason I bought three copies is because 2 of my RL friends just lost there jobs permently,they were in a plastic plant that made parts for General Motors. None of us were planning on playing until tomorrow anyway. Sorry again if I upset anyone life is never fair so its dumb I even posted this. Everything I said was true and I stand by it but I should of just let it go. Have a good night all and cheers to AC 4 BF.

whaaaat I live in OH..why didnt you post this thread 2 days ago? :D

SleezeRocker
10-29-2013, 02:24 AM

Let us assassinate the drug dealers then! What have people ever done to us? hahaha :D

STDlyMcStudpants
10-29-2013, 04:32 AM
Let us assassinate the drug dealers then! What have people ever done to us? hahaha :D

This isn't the same thing lol...
A distributor is shelfing early (not allowed)
a customer is buying early (allowed)

You preorder and get the game early..not your fault..you didnt ask for it early ;D

SneakierNote
10-29-2013, 05:22 AM
U guys r always good for a laugh. The bottom line IMO is Ubisoft will not do anything about this. Do I blame them defienty no. If we were selling a product and peeps were jumping the release date would I care? I seriously cannot say yes or no until I seen the sales figures roflmao. The real problem IMO is these stores are making Ubisoft look unprofessional which might not hurt them now...matter of fact I expect record sales. I believe in the long run it will hurt this companys sales because people will not trust there release dates for future games. As I said in the short term they will do well. If this becomes a cancer and we see repeat patters of this there loyal game base might not pre-order if we cannot trust there word. Say what u mean and mean what u say simple as that.

TJ_Wylde
10-29-2013, 06:13 AM
Welcome to the Club I'm just as angry and I'm sure Ubisoft is just as angry as well...
Like Oliacr said..some places have had it for a week already.
But you don't have a case lol..you can't sue..I'm sure UBI can though.

Why would they sue and why would they be angry?? They themselves send me my game almost a week ago. If they do that then they can't complain about other "shops" doing the same now, can they.

SneakierNote
10-29-2013, 06:49 AM
I seen one of the developers in a clip talking about legendary ships. I went to freaken wal-mart and got a copy. This has taught me a lesson order direct from now on. So now it looks like my little couison will get a copy as well. Enjoy my 240 dollars UBI i am not returning any of the copies. my friends will each have there copies from me tomorrow. I love this game company I just thought obviously things should have been done a little differently. I will see you guys in a few days its time to go kill me some pirates. peace out stay safe all.

xYnazz
10-29-2013, 06:57 AM
Would you complain if you where one of the lucky ones getting the game early or is it just a problem that others got the game early?

Btw: I have it since yesterday. ;-) Just chill and relax. Today is the Day.

andreycvetov
10-29-2013, 09:07 AM
You complain about a day and a half and i get to see my friends play it 22 days earlier because im with pc.Get ur **** together

pirate1802
10-29-2013, 09:14 AM
You complain about a day and a half and i get to see my friends play it 22 days earlier because im with pc.Get ur **** together

This :/

FrankieSatt
10-29-2013, 01:46 PM
Would you complain if you where one of the lucky ones getting the game early or is it just a problem that others got the game early?

Btw: I have it since yesterday. ;-) Just chill and relax. Today is the Day.

Would I get it early if I could? YES. It's obvious UbiSoft doesn't care about companies breaking the street date. My point is that why is there a street date and why can't everyone just start selling it the second they get the games to sell? If UbiSoft doesn't care about street dates what incentive does this give a company to abide by those street dates.

SGT-Achilless
10-29-2013, 03:47 PM
Would I get it early if I could? YES. It's obvious UbiSoft doesn't care about companies breaking the street date. My point is that why is there a street date and why can't everyone just start selling it the second they get the games to sell? If UbiSoft doesn't care about street dates what incentive does this give a company to abide by those street dates.
so you wouldnt whine if you get it early ?

it sound like some one is hurts deep inside he cant find the store so he can get it too lol.

STDlyMcStudpants
10-29-2013, 04:57 PM
Why would they sue and why would they be angry?? They themselves send me my game almost a week ago. If they do that then they can't complain about other "shops" doing the same now, can they.

LOL They are supplying a demand...what do you think the point of preordering is?!
Its to make sure store X has enough surplus to not sell out when there are customers at their counter.