PDA

View Full Version : World war 1 and assassins creed

Syfy Soldier
10-28-2013, 12:26 AM
Ive been thinking for a while a lot of people like games about WW2 and about assassins so how about assassins creed V war of the killers and new weapons like RPGs or frag granades and mabye you can upgrade armor and participate in spying on Germany or japan with a special unit of men that you are assigned to but you find out they are assassins and on the last mission you can kill hitler and you roam around Germany and fly a plane to different countries just to free roam and you can liberate parts of different countries

D.I.D.
10-28-2013, 12:40 AM
I think it would be much better to have the period without the war - i.e. the war is a situational backdrop, but don't actually put us in the trenches or in the fighting. It's a really interesting era politically (also culturally and in architectural terms too), and especially so for the absolute brutality that the soldiers suffered in the trenches while life in major cities such as London was unaffected (directly, at least). Berlin in particular was an incredible location in that time, and from the late 1800s through the early 1900s it was the leading light of Europe. You only have to look at its leading magazine, Jugend, to get a taste of how vibrant was that society.

It would be a real shame to waste that section of history on a depiction of a brown and grey warzone, and its hideous weaponry.

By the way: you did mean WWI as per the title, and not WWII, right? Not sure why you're talking about both wars, or Hitler and Japan.

masterermac
10-28-2013, 04:37 AM
These settings aren't happening. In fact nothing from the 20th century will be used apparently. Ubi have stated this before and hints in the last game confirm this. Probably the next setting will be the wild west though....

Landruner
10-28-2013, 05:30 AM
I think it would be much better to have the period without the war - i.e. the war is a situational backdrop, but don't actually put us in the trenches or in the fighting. It's a really interesting era politically (also culturally and in architectural terms too), and especially so for the absolute brutality that the soldiers suffered in the trenches while life in major cities such as London was unaffected (directly, at least). Berlin in particular was an incredible location in that time, and from the late 1800s through the early 1900s it was the leading light of Europe. You only have to look at its leading magazine, Jugend, to get a taste of how vibrant was that society.

It would be a real shame to waste that section of history on a depiction of a brown and grey warzone, and its hideous weaponry.

By the way: you did mean WWI as per the title, and not WWII, right? Not sure why you're talking about both wars, or Hitler and Japan.

Like Empire Austria-Hungary with the House of Habsburg just before WWI, yep it could be nice.

CalgaryJay
10-28-2013, 05:43 AM
No thanks, I'd prefer if they stay in the pre-gun period, or at least before they were as accurate or have a high firing rate like they did in the 20th century. Think it takes away from the whole vibe of an AC game. For me with this series, the further you go back in time, the better.

Plus I'm not a fan of basing it during a particular war. Was cool in 3, but IMO it should be a one & done. Said this before, but I think when you base it around a war - especially one as recent as the American War of Independence or the World Wars, where SO much is known - you get bogged down in the minutiae of daily events / battles. Think of the least fun missions in 3; the Paul Revere ride, the first bridge battle, the Tea Party...it was all during times when the devs were looking to re-create specific events. Just set it during an interesting period or setting in history, use real historical people / buildings / landmarks, and a bit of a true storyline as a backdrop for your plot, and let the rest write itself.

pirate1802
10-28-2013, 06:12 AM
Said this before, but I think when you base it around a war - especially one as recent as the American War of Independence or the World Wars, where SO much is known - you get bogged down in the minutiae of daily events / battles. Think of the least fun missions in 3; the Paul Revere ride, the first bridge battle, the Tea Party...it was all during times when the devs were looking to re-create specific events. Just set it during an interesting period or setting in history, use real historical people / buildings / landmarks, and a bit of a true storyline as a backdrop for your plot, and let the rest write itself.

Quoted for truth. The setting should be a backdrop for a historical FICTION. They should never aim to make a documentary cramimng in all important events and people.

Black_Widow9
10-28-2013, 06:28 AM
Please use this Thread:
http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/758424-Future-AC-Titles