PDA

View Full Version : I broke my own cardinal rule *SPOILERS*

Gregolian
10-27-2013, 12:01 AM
And watched, briefly someone else start playing the game on YouTube. He got an Altair, Ezio, and Connor outfit for playing the other games. I have a question for Ubi then.

I played AC1 ALL the way through on my PS3. AC2 and Brotherhood on PS3 as well but then replayed part of AC2 when it was free on Xbox, Revelations on Xbox, and AC3 on Xbox. Now, I will be getting AC4 for the XboxOne. Am I going to get boned out of these little bonus's or is it connected to my Uplay passport?

Kagurra
10-27-2013, 12:10 AM
That's really cool, although I will always use Edward's robes (and whatever variations they have, even though I mostly use the default robes in AC). I'm guessing it's tied to your uplay? That's what I'd assume. Connor had some awesome robes, so maybe some people will use those. I know my friend might.

roostersrule2
10-27-2013, 12:12 AM
Most likely Uplay.

TJ_Wylde
10-27-2013, 10:00 AM
No those outfits (i got them myself) come from AC initiates (guess in a way uplay as well) so you have to check there. If that shows you all the previous games in your profile i think you'll also get all 3 of the outfits in AC4 when you get it. For me it shows all the previous games though i play(ed) everything on PS3. But i think that as long as it shows those games (so you played and loged into uplay once) you'll see all games on ACinitiates and you'll get those outfits first time you start the game (just before the main menu it shows a popup).

Gregolian
10-27-2013, 10:06 AM
Alright sweet and thanks.

HypeR.tgL
10-27-2013, 11:56 AM
Holy **** is this for real? Can you PM me a link to the vid/images of the costumes?

I for one hope they add the legacy outfits properly, not that glued to legs crap they did in AC 3.. I'm really keen to wear connor's outfit as well, hopefully they fixed the model up for it, since the holes and gaps we're annoyingly noticable..

TJ_Wylde
10-27-2013, 12:06 PM
Holy **** is this for real? Can you PM me a link to the vid/images of the costumes?

I for one hope they add the legacy outfits properly, not that glued to legs crap they did in AC 3.. I'm really keen to wear connor's outfit as well, hopefully they fixed the model up for it, since the holes and gaps we're annoyingly noticable..

I can't right now (about to go to a Bday) but if by the end of the day/early tomorrow someone else hasn't posted it yet i'll take some pics of my screen wile wearing the outfit in-game for you. The preview image it looked well done though.

Farlander1991
10-27-2013, 12:20 PM
Yeah, I saw that vid... Altair costume is the same as AC3. I.e. no robe physics >_< And Ezio's the same as AC3 Uplay one. And Connor's outfit is, respectively, the same as AC3 one.

So, in short, they just ported over the outfits from AC3 without fixing anything (which leaves Connor's outfit to be the best out of three)

TJ_Wylde
10-27-2013, 12:23 PM
Got some extra time so i did it right away anyway. Though it's a pic taken of my tv screen with an old phone and shaky hands so i apologize for the terrible quality.

So for those that don't want to see the AC initiates legacy armors yet SPOILER WARNING!!!! hehe :P

As to what Farlander said. I just checked and he's right. Altair's has no seperate physics, Ezio's the cloak and red cloth parts (at his legs) have physics (cloak more then the red sections). And Connor's has normal full physics on the lower part and feathers etc.

right click -> view image for full size

Altair's armor front + back
http://imageshack.us/a/img843/2054/3phq.jpg
http://imageshack.us/a/img7/6756/buas.jpg

Ezio's armor front + back
http://imageshack.us/a/img823/4558/le0k.jpg
http://imageshack.us/a/img42/4136/dsxc.jpg

Connor's armor front + back + perspective
http://imageshack.us/a/img10/6269/63m3.jpg
http://imageshack.us/a/img834/2188/n15e.jpg
http://imageshack.us/a/img819/1303/7cc9.jpg

@Gregolian Could you maybe put [SPOILERS] in the title just to be sure. Don't know how mods think about sharing it like this. Also these should be the armors you saw in the vid right?

roostersrule2
10-27-2013, 12:26 PM
Awesome!

pirate1802
10-27-2013, 01:22 PM
I just saw the spoiler warning and bailed out.

HypeR.tgL
10-27-2013, 01:41 PM
Yea, add a spoiler warning to the title, since it does potentially ruin the surprise/game for others.

I'm feeling really disappointed in how they handled the legacy outfits, of course they're "legacy", meaning from previous games, but at least add the cloth physics that the new engine is capable of.. I was soo looking forward to a better and improved Altair legacy costume.

Ahh well, at least in AC IV they have over 20 individual costumes whereas AC III had barely any lol.

23 more days till the PC release, can't wait :).

pacmanate
10-27-2013, 02:46 PM
No physics again? What is wrong with them :| It ruins the enjoyment when Altair has a sticky ****ing robe attached to his leg like toilet paper.

Farlander1991
10-27-2013, 03:04 PM
No physics again? What is wrong with them :| It ruins the enjoyment when Altair has a sticky ****ing robe attached to his leg like toilet paper.

I think this was somewhat of a last minute addition. I mean, all the leaks of all the outfits lists from all the different in development versions of the game from conferences, there wasn't ANY indication of any legacy costume being there. Heck, I'm not sure that's even promoted anywhere! Feels like somebody just said, 'hey, let's add in the legacy costumes' at the last moment, and they did, without fixing anything since there wasn't really any time to do so.

pacmanate
10-27-2013, 03:11 PM
I think this was somewhat of a last minute addition. I mean, all the leaks of all the outfits lists from all the different in development versions of the game from conferences, there wasn't ANY indication of any legacy costume being there. Heck, I'm not sure that's even promoted anywhere! Feels like somebody just said, 'hey, let's add in the legacy costumes' at the last moment, and they did, without fixing anything since there wasn't really any time to do so.

I don't think so, like people said its linked to Initiates so its possible those ones didn't show up because Uplay wasn't enabled.

Farlander1991
10-27-2013, 03:27 PM
I don't think so, like people said its linked to Initiates so its possible those ones didn't show up because Uplay wasn't enabled.

That would be true only for some of the later conferences, but it seems that demos (at least most of them) on those used code from approx. end of summer at the latest anyway. The reason why I mentioned dev versions on conferences (from which we got a bunch of leaks) is because usually stuff like this is open from the get go for everybody so devs and dev QA would be able to test it out without hassle before connecting it to the required service and locking it away (and then testing it that way). Of course, that doesn't mean that it's the way it happened (it could be locked up already, but that would mean that Ubi kinda didn't care about legacy costumes :-/ ), but based on my personal experience it feels like a late addition.

pacmanate
10-27-2013, 03:31 PM
That would be true only for some of the later conferences, but it seems that demos (at least most of them) on those used code from approx. end of summer at the latest anyway. The reason why I mentioned dev versions on conferences (from which we got a bunch of leaks) is because usually stuff like this is open from the get go for everybody so devs and dev QA would be able to test it out without hassle before connecting it to the required service and locking it away (and then testing it that way). Of course, that doesn't mean that it's the way it happened (it could be locked up already, but that would mean that Ubi kinda didn't care about legacy costumes :-/ ), but based on my personal experience it feels like a late addition.

Either way, it still looks crap. I wish they could just do the physics properly :\ its like 2 pieces of cloth near the legs, surely it cant take that much time?

Farlander1991
10-27-2013, 03:42 PM
Either way, it still looks crap. I wish they could just do the physics properly :\ its like 2 pieces of cloth near the legs, surely it cant take that much time?

Four, technically. The little flaps would have to have physics too.

I don't know, I don't think I can answer that question one way or another. One: because I have no idea how they have clothes physics implemented, two: because I have only a basic understanding of how physics work in games from a programming perspective, not enough to give a proper educated answer.

One thing I can safely say is that you can't just apply Connor/Edward robes physics to Altair's robes. The flaps are longer and wider, and aren't as clearly divided, they wouldn't behave the same. And I don't know if the physics that they have on long coats can be properly applied either.

PS. It's worth noting that physics on Altair's robes suck in Ezio's trilogy as well (in comparison to how Altair's robes work in AC1, that is, they do look miles better than AC3/AC4)

pacmanate
10-27-2013, 03:46 PM
Sigh, I love Legacy outfits but when they look like this it ruins it and I never use them. At least Altairs outfit doesn't have a plastic covering this time.

Wolfmeister1010
10-27-2013, 04:32 PM
Guys here is link to WAY better quality HD of the outfits: http://youtu.be/S_X0pYA8X9c

x___Luffy___x
10-27-2013, 04:36 PM
Guys here is link to WAY better quality HD of the outfits: http://youtu.be/S_X0pYA8X9c

does it have spoilers ??

HypeR.tgL
10-27-2013, 04:42 PM
^Shows other costumes, but that's it.

x___Luffy___x
10-27-2013, 04:44 PM
^Shows other costumes, but that's it.

thank u, I'll watch it then.

x___Luffy___x
10-27-2013, 04:53 PM
damn it. i thought at least connor's outfit will have proper holsters as he did have it in the AC3... disappointed.

TJ_Wylde
10-27-2013, 05:45 PM

Actually (i'm a modeller myself) you'd have to remake the whole armor entirely. It was build for a different engine and character model. They probably had to adjust a lot of the skeleton points to make it fit/move with Edward now. Also being in a new engine it might have had some implementation problems as well to start with. And tbh. I never even seen anything in AC initiates that would indicate we would get these outfits. Just that we'd unlock "some bonus stuff". So to me this was a complete surprise. Knowing what a b*tch it can be to adjust a clothing set from one character to another i'm glad they took the trouble to at least get it fitting.

pacmanate
10-27-2013, 05:49 PM
Actually (i'm a modeller myself) you'd have to remake the whole armor entirely. It was build for a different engine and character model. They probably had to adjust a lot of the skeleton points to make it fit/move with Edward now. Also being in a new engine it might have had some implementation problems as well to start with. And tbh. I never even seen anything in AC initiates that would indicate we would get these outfits. Just that we'd unlock "some bonus stuff". So to me this was a complete surprise. Knowing what a b*tch it can be to adjust a clothing set from one character to another i'm glad they took the trouble to at least get it fitting.

If they are done half arsed I would rather them not even be in seeing as I wont use them

Farlander1991
10-27-2013, 05:51 PM
Actually (i'm a modeller myself) you'd have to remake the whole armor entirely.

Which is what they did. The AC3 Altair's robe (the one used in AC4 as well) is not the robe from any of the previous AC games, it's a new (and kinda unfinished) one.

pacmanate
10-27-2013, 05:55 PM
Okay just watched the video, Ezio's outfit doesnt stick to his legs, its just like how it was in AC:B. AC3's outfit is obviously fine. So why does Altairs outfit have to suffer?!

Shahkulu101
10-27-2013, 05:59 PM
It's an outfit. Grab some paper towels, clean up your piss and get on with it.

JK Pac ily

TJ_Wylde
10-27-2013, 08:39 PM
Which is what they did. The AC3 Altair's robe (the one used in AC4 as well) is not the robe from any of the previous AC games, it's a new (and kinda unfinished) one.

Hmm if they did remake it completely then it wouldn't be much of a problem to get the physics and collision codes in the cloth layers. Though given the way it looks (animated movements and all) i'd almost think it was made for an old 2004 havok based engine. That's why i think it's the old model but with alterations to fit Edward. Then again it could also just be a last minute mash up. Would really need a dev that actually worked on them to know that.

On the other hand. Considering the physics current outfits seem to have. I think the robe lower part would just cut trough your legs being dragged to the back with the current physics since they don't seem to have active collision codes in them (would make the robe recognize your legs, body etc. and work against/around it like it would naturally if you'd run in one). Though as i said. Without the opinion of an actually dev that worked on it this is all theorycrafting.

Farlander1991
10-27-2013, 08:56 PM
Hmm if they did remake it completely then it wouldn't be much of a problem to get the physics and collision codes in the cloth layers. Though given the way it looks (animated movements and all) i'd almost think it was made for an old 2004 havok based engine.

Actually, you might be right. The thing is, I've always compared them with AC1/AC2/ACB Altair's robes (and those are undoubtedly different), but there's also ACR robes.

http://images.wikia.com/assassinscreed/images/7/79/Ezio-altairrobe-revelations.png
http://images.wikia.com/assassinscreed/images/f/f2/ACIII-Alta´rOutfit.png

And even though there are differences, like the leather belt is thinner on Connor's model (which is also Edward's one because they use the same thing, at least judging by videos), the sash is shorter, and the belts on the chest are placed differently, at the very least the texture is practically identical (just look at the clothes folding on the arms, for example), so ACR's model most likely would've been the starting point (I doubt that they'd make a whole new model and then have an old texture applied to it and work properly, though I guess with smart UV mapping that's possible, or that they'd redraw the texture EXACTLY like in ACR for whatever reason).

ajl992008
10-27-2013, 11:27 PM
to be honest I'm not bothered about ezio and altairs outfits but I am very excited to play in connors outfit, going to dedicate one playthrough with that :)

Black_Widow9
10-28-2013, 07:28 AM
Please make sure you aren't posting anything that has not been officially released yet. We don't want to have to ban you so read this over.
http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/802067-*IMPORTANT*-Please-read-SPOILER-WARNING-RULES!