PDA

View Full Version : “Next Gen?” Prove It.

SIR Phist
10-26-2013, 06:24 PM
I’ve had this idea since ACB or ACII. I didn’t have a good platform for the idea, because I estimate (weak, casual, kids, immature, unskilled) people won’t like it, until the announcement of the “next generation” consoles Xbox One and PS4.

There needs to be a new threat in AC. A serious one; one players can really be afraid of: a paranoia inducing threat, a super enemy, an overpowered agent, a highly expertly trained professional killer just as dangerous as the player character. This agent has to be smarter, way smarter, faster, and stronger than any other enemy in the whole series. This agent element should put us players into the couriers’ position. They utilize every tool available to the player. They use the crowds to blend, hidespots, guns, discretion. This threat would be so effecient they elude sixth senses. Be on your guard at all times. They can be male or female. They can be disguised as civilians, hidden among standard enemies indistinguishable until they strike. They’re nearly impossible to outrun or kill. And they’re the ones who would truly make a game into something “next generation.”

To use the idea “next gen” just because visual graphics are better is disappointing and patronizing. Ascend. Walk your talk. Show us the game is evolving. Do not keep creating games that are stuck in certain old easy unchallenging archaism. Make me regret this suggestion. The agent element needs to cause vocal clamor directed at screens, thrown controllers, and smashed consoles.

If you disagree that such an element should exist or be so difficult, you’re among the above mentioned weak, casual, childlike, immature, and unskilled. If you like easy you’re free to continue playing old/present games; you’re free to stay behind not joining the “next gen” movement.

If you enjoy actual leaps of faith that challenge and test you, you agree that when the “next generation” concept is stated, you expect some sort of evidence deserving the notion beyond polygons; you want to experience…more.

Wolfmeister1010
10-26-2013, 06:45 PM
I disagree. So I am a weak child?

SIR Phist
10-26-2013, 06:56 PM
As a gamer, yes, a weak gamer, an immature gamer, one who does not want to be challenged and want the easy to play game and the easy enemies to play with. You're free to stay in the mud.

x___Luffy___x
10-26-2013, 07:06 PM
you don't have to disrespect someone for their opinion but maybe that is in your nature. i disagree with all of your post just because i want to. good luck with your idea though.

Rugterwyper32
10-26-2013, 07:11 PM
I feel that suits more a horror game than this series, honestly.
A historical horror game. Huh, that could be interesting. As for this series, no thanks, I prefer messing around every place and have the chance to just chill in the cities and walk around with no worries. Bringing those guys from Revelations back and making them slightly more threatening could be interesting, though, a good way to make you think twice about constantly getting into open conflict.

SIR Phist
10-26-2013, 07:36 PM
As said, you're free to continue playing older easier games. I'm stating I expect something that's described and referred to as "next gen" to be something more evolved. Step it up.

Wolfmeister1010
10-26-2013, 07:39 PM
As a gamer, yes, a weak gamer, an immature gamer, one who does not want to be challenged and want the easy to play game and the easy enemies to play with. You're free to stay in the mud.

I do want to be challenged. I just dont agree with your stupid idea. I THINK YOU ARE THE ONE WHO IS CHALLENGED. You are free to go cry and complain to your stuffed animals or anythng else that might be inanimate or braindead to listen to your ramblings, but you will not find any sympathy here little man.

adventurewomen
10-26-2013, 07:40 PM
:rolleyes:

Next-gen graphics doesn't determine what kind of gamer you are. This post of yours was disrespectful.

Wolfmeister1010
10-26-2013, 07:44 PM
:rolleyes:

Next-gen graphics doesn't determine what kind of gamer you are. This post of yours was disrespectful.

Thanks Alex

ACfan443
10-26-2013, 07:49 PM
See, your ideas may have been received better had you not exhibited such arrogance and elitism. Appropriate wording goes a long way.

adventurewomen
10-26-2013, 07:53 PM
Thanks Alex
You're welcome my friend.

See, your ideas may have been received better had you not exhibited such arrogance and elitism. Appropriate wording goes a long way.
Exactly, and I agree!

SIR Phist
10-26-2013, 08:00 PM
I was told to use a more direct approach. I can square with what you do and don't like. I accept you think my idea is stupid. This doesn't change the very fact that "next gen" gaming should be on a new level.

Ubi-MoshiMoshi
10-26-2013, 08:01 PM
Hi guys, please be civil to each other.

SIR Phist
10-26-2013, 08:05 PM
Wolfmeister1010's post #2 stated disagreement which I welcome.

Others began describing my delivery as inappropriate or some such disrespect. A personal opinion isn't disrespecting. Taking offense is one's own insecurity.

pirate1802
10-26-2013, 08:10 PM

I didn't read your initial post (I'll do it later) but for this post: not everyone looks for challenge in videogames. Ofcourse a certain amount of challenge is desired but I like to keep it balanced. I play videogames to enjoy and relax, not to wade through a backbreaking difficulty and then feel proud that I beat it and having my e-***** grow a little longer. I don't like overtly difficult games precisely because of why and how I play videogames. So please.. go easy on the generalization.

Quoted for truth.

Wolfmeister1010
10-26-2013, 08:10 PM
Wolfmeister1010's post #2 stated disagreement which I welcome.

Others began describing my delivery as inappropriate or some such disrespect. A personal opinion isn't disrespecting. Taking offense is one's own insecurity.

You started being disrespectful as soon as you called me immature, childish, weak, and a stick in the mud.

Ubi-MoshiMoshi
10-26-2013, 08:13 PM
OK can we take this to PM please?

Landruner
10-26-2013, 08:20 PM
Actually that is a cool idea (ACR made a bit a that, where you could get ambush by some template, but it was based upon your rep level, and thy alas ******d it down the drain because people did not like it) - The way I see it is an optional extreme mod and it is a bit like the multi-player feeling, but inside the single player story - When you get some notoriety and progress inside the game Templars or whomever hire some Local assassins to get rid of you and you have some smart "bots" and you never know when you can get attacked, ambushed anytime by surprise, and you have to keep a low profile because you don't them to track you and see you, and you go paranoid because you can't trust anyone in the street and danger is around the corner because they have the same ability you do. (They can't do air assassination as you do) Each time, you get a swamp of assassin or a specific sub-boss assassin you unlock it as a character for the multiplayer mod.
That mod for not being annoying has to be ONLY on some specific circumstances and when player get progression in the game. On the constant basic and the middle of mission for instance I am not sure that could be welcome, however why not

Yep, that is a cool idea, but UBI turned it into a multiplayer since ACB.

However; I am not sure that casual AC users will like this kind of stuff of extreme difficulty mod like that;)

Black_Widow9
10-26-2013, 08:23 PM
I’ve had this idea since ACB or ACII. I didn’t have a good platform for the idea, because I estimate (weak, casual, kids, immature, unskilled) people won’t like it, until the announcement of the “next generation” consoles Xbox One and PS4.

If you disagree that such an element should exist or be so difficult, you’re among the above mentioned weak, casual, childlike, immature, and unskilled. If you like easy you’re free to continue playing old/present games; you’re free to stay behind not joining the “next gen” movement.
If you want to discuss Next Gen and how games are using it fine but starting a Topic that insults people who don't agree with you. Not fine. I suggest you think of a better way to relay your idea and leave the insults out of it from the start.

Closed