PDA

View Full Version : Rocksmith 2012 importpack missing on the PS3 as well, and I didn't get the bonus song

wolfor_t_a
10-26-2013, 11:53 AM
Well, this issue is on PS3 as well, and the 360 workaround will very probably not work.
Funny thing is, the only PS3 workaround I found doesn't work either because the import tool is not RS1 content, right? I can see all RS1 content in the RS2014 internal shop, but no RS2014 content, that I can only see in the PSN Store. But, the PSN store doesn't seem to have the importtool.

Also, can someone confirm that they didn't get the bonus song (cherub Rock by Smashing Pumpkins) for preordering Rocksmith 2014 via the ubisoft shop in Germany either?

wolfor_t_a
10-26-2013, 11:59 AM
Well i found a few other threads about the shop not being updated, but what about the bonus song? Did this happen to anybody else?

randomas
10-26-2013, 03:45 PM
Confirmed for both, I opened a support ticket on Thursday, I hope to know more on Monday. even the support phone didn't work during the indicated working hours.

C.Linton
10-27-2013, 12:23 AM
I don't understand, all of that shows up for me in the shop. It had disappeared for a while a couple of days ago but it (the export pack) came back sometime yesterday or the day before,The RS1 DLC showed up at the same time, I'm thinking the expert pack disappearing may have something to do with me deleting the old RS1 save, after I re-downloaded the save from the PS+ server, it seemed like it was then the pack resurfaced. I can't really be sure if that's the reason or not

randomas
10-27-2013, 02:12 AM
This only applies to EU PS3.

Black_Widow9
10-27-2013, 02:21 AM
This only applies to EU PS3.
Is your original RS from a different region? Did you guys create a US Playstation account to play it before it was available?

wolfor_t_a
10-27-2013, 09:15 AM
Hey, thanks for the replies guys! Nope i didnt delete any files from my system and i didn't create a us account in order to play it earlier. And i bought it from the official german ubi store, so i dont think its the wrong region. Oddly enough, i was able to play with my German account right away when the Game arrived on 21st without having to change anything on my ps3. I didnt heed that much as i wasnt even aware that Europe had a different release Date :)

randomas
10-29-2013, 01:37 PM
A little update on the missing bonus song.

I actually called the Italian help-number for ubisoft and a very nice lady first told me that the pre-order bonus track was only an amazon offer, and then asked if I could provide a screenshot of the rocksmith/ubisoft page advertising the offer. Of course I told her that since I can't time-travel and the pre-order period is over I couldn't provide one. She asked for my help-desk ticket number and updated it saying I'd have more news in the next few days, but to wait 'till at least the end of the week before calling again because with simultaneous release of rocksmith and assassin's creed they're completely overworked.

So long story short, if you preordered with UBI and want your bonus song you need to open a ticket, possibly with a screengrab of the preorder offer, because they are completely oblivious to it.

wolfor_t_a
10-29-2013, 02:45 PM
Great, thanks for the update! I can recall that it said bonus song on the rocksmith website, when I preordered it. I tried to google it, but I couldn't find a screengrab of it either :( I created a ticket for that last week already. Lets see if I get any update for it.

But even if not, what would have been the advantage for me to pay the game two months in advance if I don't even receive a bonus song that people ordering through a retailer get?

goosfrabaaaah
10-29-2013, 02:48 PM
Sorry guys, I pre-ordered my one from amazon and did receive the pre-order bonus code just after the confirmation of the order.

Only page I could find with pre-order info is this one:

http://rocksmith.ubi.com/rocksmith/en-GB/buy/

randomas
10-29-2013, 02:50 PM
I'm with you all the way, it's just a case of the left hand not knowing what the right hand is doing... PR and sales need to talk more ...
The second rate service and QA we get in the EU from SONY and ubisoft is appalling ...

diablo_50
10-29-2013, 09:45 PM
I still have not seen an official response from Ubisoft on this, and got no useful response from the ticket I raised via their website. Why the silence considering the very high numbers of people reporting this problem on this website, how many others have this too?

EnergyNED
10-29-2013, 10:29 PM
Support is really terrible. I made a ticket last thursday and all they asked me if i had a save game from the previous Rocksmith. I answered that question and havent heard anything after that.

No official response or anything. When i start up Rocksmith 2014 i get a message for new DLC, but that DLC is nowhere to be found.

randomas
10-30-2013, 01:35 AM
If you want to find the release DLC (smashing pumpkins etc), you can find it in the playstation store outside the game. This doesn't work for import pack though. The reason I was given for the slow response to tickets/issues is the simultaneous release with Assassin's Creed, apparently support is overburdened ...

wolfor_t_a
10-30-2013, 04:32 PM
Just to update you all on the subject of the bonus song, if you preordered the game via the ubi store, you're not entitled for the bonus song. At least not in Germany. That was ONLY for Amazon customers. For recent occurrences in its German branch, I'm not going to use Amazon anymore though, ever.

To put it in a nutshell, I'm (we are) getting 'punished' for supporting ubisoft directly with a interest-free loan of 70 for over two months (they booked the money from my paypal account the instance i placed the order) instead of giving it to Amazon.

wolfor_t_a
10-30-2013, 04:37 PM
The second rate service and QA we get in the EU from SONY and ubisoft is appalling ...

Absolutely! The last few months I've always been reading about US-customers getting some discounts on specific songs in the rocksmiths shop in the 'news-ticker' in the game, but not ever once was there a bargain offer for EU customers.

randomas
10-30-2013, 06:00 PM
Just to update you all on the subject of the bonus song, if you preordered the game via the ubi store, you're not entitled for the bonus song. At least not in Germany. That was ONLY for Amazon customers. For recent occurrences in its German branch, I'm not going to use Amazon anymore though, ever.

To put it in a nutshell, I'm (we are) getting 'punished' for supporting ubisoft directly with a interest-free loan of 70 for over two months (they booked the money from my paypal account the instance i placed the order) instead of giving it to Amazon.

That is disgusting and frankly illegal/fraudolent behaviour. The free DLC was advertised on the SAME page and had 2 links (in Italy only one), and the difference was not stated. Get on the phone with them and scream at them, for no other reason than to feel better afterwards. Also consumer watchdog organisations can help. Yes so it's 3, but I still hate getting ripped off, it tends to make me want to invest resources into making life hell for whomever tried it.

I'll let you know when I find out about mine.

randomas
11-22-2013, 01:25 PM
Thought I'd update this since I've been waiting close to a month now, I still have not received my Cherub Rock preorder code.

I have an open ticket with support in which ubisoft says they made a marketing mistake and the offer was only supposed to be through amazon, but that they'd send give me a code because that's what they advertised. They also said it would take a while because apparently only amazon has the codes to give out and they are not able to generate an eu psn voucher ...

I waited 10 days before writing back asking for an update and it's been 7 days since that and I have had no news ...
I would post the ticket history, but it's in Italian, I'll translate it if it's absolutely needed.

P.S. Could a mod change the title of the thread to "Missing Cherub Rock voucher in EU preorders from Ubisoft web store." since the ps3 import issue has been solved. TIA

wolfor_t_a
11-22-2013, 01:44 PM
Thought I'd update this since I've been waiting close to a month now, I still have not received my Cherub Rock preorder code.

I have an open ticket with support in which ubisoft says they made a marketing mistake and the offer was only supposed to be through amazon, but that they'd send give me a code because that's what they advertised. They also said it would take a while because apparently only amazon has the codes to give out and they are not able to generate an eu psn voucher ...

I waited 10 days before writing back asking for an update and it's been 7 days since that and I have had no news ...
I would post the ticket history, but it's in Italian, I'll translate it if it's absolutely needed.

P.S. Could a mod change the title of the thread to "Missing Cherub Rock voucher in EU preorders from Ubisoft web store." since the ps3 import issue has been solved. TIA

Err, what? I've been told that there is nothing they can do. Too bad for me. great, them suckers! I'm gonna reopen the ticket. Thats typical for support crews.

bukowski113
11-23-2013, 08:10 AM
Err, what? I've been told that there is nothing they can do. Too bad for me. great, them suckers! I'm gonna reopen the ticket. Thats typical for support crews.
Please do! If you still have issues please PM http://forums.ubi.com/member.php/995066-Black_Widow9.
Thanks!

randomas
11-24-2013, 06:18 PM
Please do! If you still have issues please PM http://forums.ubi.com/member.php/995066-Black_Widow9.
Thanks!

Done, thanks!

randomas
11-27-2013, 06:38 PM
Still waiting ... :(

SquirrellyNinja
11-27-2013, 07:19 PM
Still waiting ... :(

Are you still missing your bonus song, randomas? Reading back a bit it seems that's the case and if you PM me I'll sort it out with you.

wolfor_t_a
11-27-2013, 09:54 PM
Are you still missing your bonus song, randomas? Reading back a bit it seems that's the case and if you PM me I'll sort it out with you.

Me too! But the German support kinda stays stubborn that you can only get that bonussong if you ordered via amazon and not via the ubi store. So may I approach you with that as well?

SquirrellyNinja
11-27-2013, 10:16 PM
Me too! But the German support kinda stays stubborn that you can only get that bonussong if you ordered via amazon and not via the ubi store. So may I approach you with that as well?

Shoot me a PM.

EDIT: Saw that you did indeed do that already.

randomas
11-28-2013, 01:09 AM

Have done.

C.Linton
11-28-2013, 04:11 AM
I don't get that. I got the game via downloading from the PSN store, it had absolutely nothing to do with Amazon, and I got the song automatically when I downloaded the game. I didn't have to go thru this kind of nonsense.

wolfor_t_a
11-28-2013, 08:53 AM
I don't get that. I got the game via downloading from the PSN store, it had absolutely nothing to do with Amazon, and I got the song automatically when I downloaded the game. I didn't have to go thru this kind of nonsense.

Thats becausse youre not in Europe, where Sony and UBIsoft (and many other international Companies) are punishing you for giving them money.

Graffin_G
11-28-2013, 08:24 PM
I pre-ordered mine here in Australia. We were meant to get "Cherub Rock" and Tame Impala's "Elephant", but that code just gave me "Cherub Rock"... I ended up just buying the "Elephant" track. At least the code for the 6 bonus songs that came with the guitar bundle worked!

It is a bit unfair that US PS3 users have gotten most of the RS1 DLC discounted to $1.99 a song. Here in Australia, it's $4.35 for each song!

Even at the regular price of US$2.99 a song, that equates to around AU$3.29 (based on today's exchange rate), so we're overpaying by at least $1, get hit with delays, and missing content... yes, i'm having a bit of a whinge now :p

bnckdfn
11-29-2013, 01:15 PM
Is your original RS from a different region? Did you guys create a US Playstation account to play it before it was available?

I am in EU. I created an US Playstation Account to play the 2013 version and whith the same account i cannot reach teh ingame shop and dlcs also. But with the other european account i have, i managed to reach teh ingame shop.
Do you think is this a problem related to regions?

daddy_felix
11-29-2013, 02:26 PM
It is a bit unfair that US PS3 users have gotten most of the RS1 DLC discounted to $1.99 a song. Here in Australia, it's $4.35 for each song!

Even at the regular price of US$2.99 a song, that equates to around AU$3.29 (based on today's exchange rate), so we're overpaying by at least $1, get hit with delays, and missing content... yes, i'm having a bit of a whinge now :p

it's the same in Europe. No discounts, except a short summer sale for some packs, and still rgular price 2,99€ which is almost 4,50 AUD. So, it's even worse for us ;)

C.Linton
11-29-2013, 03:28 PM
I pre-ordered mine here in Australia. We were meant to get "Cherub Rock" and Tame Impala's "Elephant", but that code just gave me "Cherub Rock"... I ended up just buying the "Elephant" track. At least the code for the 6 bonus songs that came with the guitar bundle worked!

Where are you seeing this? I've looked in both the in game shop and the PSN store, and I see nothing for sale in either of them.

Graffin_G
11-30-2013, 08:11 AM
Where are you seeing this? I've looked in both the in game shop and the PSN store, and I see nothing for sale in either of them.

I don't think they're $1.99 now (sorry), but each week there were a handful of RS1 songs discounted and announced on the US PlayStation Blog... they were doing it for a few months (or possibly longer). I did a quick Google for past updates... for example, this one here http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/09/03/playstation-store-update-315/ then they got lazy and just wrote this on the updates... RockSmith – Various Songs (now: $1.99 original price: $2.99) like on this post http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/09/24/playstation-store-update-304/

Apparently it was also on Facebook... https://www.facebook.com/rocksmith.usa/posts/547407585316922

The discounted songs changed weekly, but I think most of the original Rocksmith DLC had been offered at a discount at one time or another.

C.Linton
11-30-2013, 11:44 PM
I don't think they're $1.99 now (sorry), but each week there were a handful of RS1 songs discounted and announced on the US PlayStation Blog... they were doing it for a few months (or possibly longer). I did a quick Google for past updates... for example, this one here http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/09/03/playstation-store-update-315/ then they got lazy and just wrote this on the updates... RockSmith Various Songs (now: $1.99 original price: $2.99) like on this post http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/09/24/playstation-store-update-304/

Apparently it was also on Facebook... https://www.facebook.com/rocksmith.usa/posts/547407585316922

The discounted songs changed weekly, but I think most of the original Rocksmith DLC had been offered at a discount at one time or another.

I do remember them doing this, but it was only like a half dozen or so songs, and it was at least a couple (if not more) of months ago, and I haven't seen it since.

wolfor_t_a
12-03-2013, 10:22 AM
Shoot me a PM.

EDIT: Saw that you did indeed do that already.

I did indeed :) Any news already?

randomas
12-03-2013, 12:47 PM
I did indeed :) Any news already?

I was just about to ask ...

I received no news from Ubisoft support ... So I'm really hoping that SquirrellyNinja can can pull some magic ...

wolfor_t_a
12-10-2013, 09:38 PM
Well what do you know, I have no idea if Squirrelninja had a hand in this (if you did, thanks a lot!), but as I told German support that I came from the US website with the bonussong advertised directly into the German ubi shop, without any information that this bonus song is only available if preordered via amazon, and that I wish to be compensated for this fraudulent behavior, and all of a sudden, after 10 mails stating that this bonussong wasn't part of the package I ordered and that they have no possibility to make that bonussong available to me retroactive, sent me a promo code today to download it.
Nagging sometimes does help :D

randomas
12-14-2013, 04:06 PM
Update.

I just received my EU PSN cherub rock code through the ubisoft support channel. Thanks to everyone involved in sorting it out.

I don't know if it was SquirrellyNinja, Black_widow9 or the email I was told to send to rocksmithgame@ubisoft.com with proof of pre-order purchase, or if it just came through the regular support channel. Just wanted to say thank you! :)

sh1kamaru-
12-15-2013, 01:06 AM
glad you got it in the end :)

C.Linton
12-15-2013, 01:45 AM
That's what she said ...