PDA

View Full Version : [SPOILERS] I've got the game, ask your questions !

killzab
10-24-2013, 08:23 PM
So, in France the release date has been utterly broken, the game is basically out everywhere.

So I had the pleasure to try the game for a little more than an hour.

So feel free to ask your questions on the game. Try not to ask me to spoil the story, I just want to give early feedback and make you want to buy the game :D.

I've got the PS3 version.

I'll just say that graphically.... the game suffers from being on the PS3, you can definitely feel the game is too big for the system. Shadows are horrid.

The game plays like a charm though and most of my griefs with AC3 seem to be gone. It seems like the devs were true to their words for the most part.

I can't play AC3 anymore after trying Black Flag !

Raibuscus
10-24-2013, 08:30 PM
So the graphics are really bad? Or just AC3 with some tweaks etc...
How is the freerunning?
Is everything we expected in the game? :D

EDIT: Do you have a link to a French commentator that is doing a walkthrough of the game

killzab
10-24-2013, 08:35 PM
Well, the artistic direction is outstanding, the colors are vibrant etc but you can feel it is very restricted by the current gen.

Also, the frame rate is TERRIBLE, even worse than AC3's. The biggest flaw of the game for me so far.

But otherwise, it really seems like the devs did everything they could to fix AC3's issues, the overly long intro for example. When you start the game, you jump right into the action :p. The modern day part comes only at the end of sequence 1.

ACHILLES4713
10-24-2013, 08:36 PM
So in terms of the land based missions, did it seem like you were able to tackle the objectives in anyway you felt like (either more stealthily or guns blazing)? I'm wondering how "forced" into combat the missions may seem, though I'm aware that different players prefer different styles of play. Also, with what you saw of the story, did it feel like the writing was more morally grey (like AC 1 and AC: R and AC 3), or more black and white morality (like AC 2 and AC: B). I don't want you to spoil anything, I'm just curious about your thoughts on what you've seen of the story so far.

Azula2005
10-24-2013, 08:39 PM
OH NOOOOO, my only concern was the frame rate from ac3 would carry along to ac4....but now ITS WORSE

killzab
10-24-2013, 08:40 PM
So in terms of the land based missions, did it seem like you were able to tackle the objectives in anyway you felt like (either more stealthily or guns blazing)? I'm wondering how "forced" into combat the missions may seem, though I'm aware that different players prefer different styles of play. Also, with what you saw of the story, did it feel like the writing was more morally grey (like AC 1 and AC: R and AC 3), or more black and white morality (like AC 2 and AC: B). I don't want you to spoil anything, I'm just curious about your thoughts on what you've seen of the story so far.

Well, so far there's been no mention of the Assassins vs Templars conflict. But the game seems a little more lighthearted than AC3. The writing feels more like AC2 to me. But I'm not far into the game.

And well yeah I definitely felt more free during the few missions I've done ! Multiple ways to reach the objective, understandable patrol patterns and functional stealth ( a little TOO much sometimes :D ).

Raibuscus
10-24-2013, 08:41 PM
:/ I thought the PS3/XBox 360 version would be pretty awesome.

Oh well, as long as the story is good.

Jexx21
10-24-2013, 08:41 PM
are the various weapons introduced in story or are some like how AC3 handled trip mines, poison darts, and smoke bombs (they're just there)?

AssassinHMS
10-24-2013, 08:42 PM
I have a few questions:

Can you remove weapons?
Is the player forced to buy the blowpipe at some point in the game?
Is combat hard or can you easily kill 5 enemies?
Was stealth improved? Social stealth for instance.

killzab
10-24-2013, 08:44 PM
are the various weapons introduced in story or are some like how AC3 handled trip mines, poison darts, and smoke bombs (they're just there)?

It depends, they're not shown in cutscenes ( hidden blades might be, I don't have them yet, Edward just throws away the first one he finds.).

But they seem to be introduced during mission gameplay.. ( Smoke bombs are introduced as an optional objective).

Frank9182011
10-24-2013, 08:44 PM
Is ambient music back in the same role it played in AC2/ACB? If so, how is it compared to those two?

Jexx21
10-24-2013, 08:46 PM
In that fashion I'm more concerned about weapons like trip mines and poison darts being introduced, although it does seem odd that Edward has smoke bombs right away, but I'll just assume that they're a common pirate tool as well.

I'm just hoping that rope darts get a proper introduction rather than just having them all of a sudden.

killzab
10-24-2013, 08:47 PM
I have a few questions:

Can you remove weapons?
Is the player forced to buy the blowpipe at some point in the game?
Is combat hard or can you easily kill 5 enemies?
Was stealth improved? Social stealth for instance.

I don't know :/
I don't have the blowpipe yet. You're forced to buy swords to introduce shops.
It seems extremely easy so far. But it's only the beginning of the game. But I've fought 4+ guards at once and never got hit.
Yes stealth has been DRAMATICALLY improved, through better enemy AI above all.
Social stealth is kinda the same. But it is more similar to the Ezio saga ( you become grey along with the people you hide with).

killzab
10-24-2013, 08:48 PM
Is ambient music back in the same role it played in AC2/ACB? If so, how is it compared to those two?

Yes IT IS BACK ! :D Havana's ambient music is "I'll be with you" but a different mix :).

killzab
10-24-2013, 08:50 PM
In that fashion I'm more concerned about weapons like trip mines and poison darts being introduced, although it does seem odd that Edward has smoke bombs right away, but I'll just assume that they're a common pirate tool as well.

I'm just hoping that rope darts get a proper introduction rather than just having them all of a sudden.

Well the thing is Edward steals an assassin's outfit and weapons ( minus the hidden blades ) so he found the smoke bombs along with the rest.

Raibuscus
10-24-2013, 08:54 PM
How does the main menu look like?
Is it like AC3? You see the logo and then you press a button and you see 'singleplayer' 'multiplayer' 'options' etc..

derage88
10-24-2013, 08:57 PM
Glad I'm waiting for the PS4 edition, not even gonna bother with eye bleeding horrendous FPS issues, I'm sure it will be fine on the PS4.

Oh and also... F you France, you are ruining the freaking game industry with your release dates, much like how GTA V was 'leaked' there.

killzab
Is it like AC3? You see the logo and then you press a button and you see 'singleplayer' 'multiplayer' 'options' etc..

Nope, completely different, kinda looks like a Windows 8 menu IMO :D it is supposed to be the animus UI so it makes sense.

luckyto
How is combat? As much depth as you can give me.

OH NOOOOO, my only concern was the frame rate from ac3 would carry along to ac4....but now ITS WORSE

It won't be bad on next-gen. I figured it would be worse than AC3 on current gen, as there is simply more in the same package.

pacmanate
10-24-2013, 08:58 PM

its in boxes like the one at those press events. looks like windows 8

killzab
10-24-2013, 09:00 PM
How is combat? As much depth as you can give me.

It won't be bad on next-gen. I figured it would be worse than AC3 on current gen, as there is simply more in the same package.

Combat feels the same as AC3 for now. But I haven't been in many fights, I've been trying to focus on stealth :p. So ... sorry for the lack of info. There SEEMS to be less glitches, but I had to download a day-one patch though, version 1.01.

Raibuscus
Oh really! I thought that was just like something they made for the press events xD
Well I'm glad they changed it because it was the same thing for a long time and I wanted it to change.

So when you load it up you automatically go to the boxes?
Which soundtrack is playing in the background?

Jexx21
I don't know :/
I don't have the blowpipe yet. You're forced to buy swords to introduce shops.
It seems extremely easy so far. But it's only the beginning of the game. But I've fought 4+ guards at once and never got hit.
Social stealth is kinda the same. But it is more similar to the Ezio saga ( you become grey along with the people you hide with).
But are there blend "groups" or is it overall like AC3's system except you don't get the dots and spider-webbing?

Although I hate that they reintroduced the monochrome thing.. I like being able to take screenshots without a monochrome character

killzab
10-24-2013, 09:02 PM
Oh really! I thought that was just like something they made for the press events xD
Well I'm glad they changed it because it was the same thing for a long time and I wanted it to change.

So when you load it up you automatically go to the boxes?
Which soundtrack is playing in the background?

Yes ! And the main theme is playing in the menu.

Raibuscus
10-24-2013, 09:03 PM
That is good, I'm really looking forward to it :P

I really hope that the release day patch will fix the Frame rate issues and all the little bugs and glitches.

Jexx21
10-24-2013, 09:03 PM
Does combat feel harder? Maybe let the guys hit you to see how much health is removed when you get hit.

ACHILLES4713
10-24-2013, 09:05 PM
From previews of the naval combat that I've seen, it seems like its even more arcadey than in AC3. In AC3 it took awhile for the main cannons to reload and even shooting then accurately you had to wait a few seconds for the guns to hone in on where you wanted to shoot. You also had full control of aiming the swivel guns. In AC4, it seems like the main guns can be shot almost one after another, and the swivel guns just automatically point straight at weak spots. Even little animation touches like the recoil of the cannons and seeing the gunners in AC3 rolling the cannons forward again seems to be gone. Does it seem like they made these changes because you are facing so many more ships in AC4, for balance reasons?

derage88
10-24-2013, 09:05 PM
Combat feels the same as AC3 for now. But I haven't been in many fights, I've been trying to focus on stealth :p. So ... sorry for the lack of info. There SEEMS to be less glitches, but I had to download a day-one patch though, version 1.01.

How's there a 'day 1 patch' if it's not even released yet?

Feels like you are talking out of your arse...

luckyto
10-24-2013, 09:06 PM
I wouldn't bet the patch to fix framerate. Current gen consoles are going to have to live it with. That's way beyond a patch, that's simply too much rendering for what the machine can handle.

And thanks killzab for the response. Look forward to more info -

killzab
10-24-2013, 09:07 PM
But are there blend "groups" or is it overall like AC3's system except you don't get the dots and spider-webbing?

Although I hate that they reintroduced the monochrome thing.. I like being able to take screenshots without a monochrome character

There are blend groups. People walk in groups of 5 for example, but I'd have to play more to be more specific. I just blend with a group of people to not get detected. But I haven't put much more thought into it.

Just ONE thing though, it seems you stay in blending mode long after you've left the group, for like 3 or 4 seconds, you have to wait a long time to "get your colors" back ! Kinda annoying.

killzab
10-24-2013, 09:09 PM
How's there a 'day 1 patch' if it's not even released yet?

Feels like you are talking out of your arse...

Can you be more respectul ? and well I bought the game, even got a Black Flag prop that is going straight onto a wall in my room !

And the patch was 38 MB I believe.

Jexx21
10-24-2013, 09:09 PM
There are blend groups. People walk in groups of 5 for example, but I'd have to play more to be more specific. I just blend with a group of people to not get detected. But I haven't put much more thought into it.

Just ONE thing though, it seems you stay in blending mode long after you've left the group, for like 3 or 4 seconds, you have to wait a long time to "get your colors" back ! Kinda annoying.

Ugh, I hate that. The way AC3 did it was an improvement to the civilians. No unrealistic groups of 5 moving about to cater to you needing to hide, you would need to look for the civilians that were clumped together naturally.

Flutterwhat
10-24-2013, 09:11 PM
question 1: When you dont have a ranged weapon equipped, can you enter a "focus view" Like you could with AC3 (pressing the left trigger or holding it down)? I found it useful for screenshots without connor in them, and feeling more immersed.
question 2:Are there individual toggles for various HUD elements? such as SSI, minimap, moeny, weapons, etc?

these are literally the only things i am concerned about.
i dont even care about 360 framerate tbh

Sushiglutton
10-24-2013, 09:12 PM

Very glad to hear you say this :D!

derage88
10-24-2013, 09:13 PM
Yea I'm being respectful to Ubisoft to wait with the game when it's officially released.

luckyto
10-24-2013, 09:15 PM
oh yeah good question --- question 2:Are there individual toggles for various HUD elements? such as SSI, minimap, moeny, weapons, etc?

killzab
10-24-2013, 09:17 PM
question 1: When you dont have a ranged weapon equipped, can you enter a "focus view" Like you could with AC3 (pressing the left trigger or holding it down)? I found it useful for screenshots without connor in them, and feeling more immersed.
question 2:Are there individual toggles for various HUD elements? such as SSI, minimap, moeny, weapons, etc?

these are literally the only things i am concerned about.
i dont even care about 360 framerate tbh

I haven't tried any of these options :/ can't tell you much on the matter.

killzab
10-24-2013, 09:17 PM
Yea I'm being respectful to Ubisoft to wait with the game when it's officially released.

Ubi ALLOWED retailers to sell the game early in France, I bought it legally.

Flutterwhat
10-24-2013, 09:18 PM
I haven't tried any of these options :/ can't tell you much on the matter.

next time you hop on, you could perhaps answer these questions?

killzab
10-24-2013, 09:20 PM
next time you hop on, you could perhaps answer these questions?

Sure, but I can only play again in an hour or two !

I'll try to come back later today with a little more info.

Jexx21
10-24-2013, 09:20 PM
France is the cool teacher who lets kids go to lunch early and doesn't get in trouble for it.

Farlander1991
10-24-2013, 09:22 PM
Optional objectives, how specific are they in the missions that you've played?

ACfan443
10-24-2013, 09:23 PM
How do you feel about the size of Havana? And is the side content better than AC3's?

Sushiglutton
10-24-2013, 09:23 PM
Can you quickfire gadgets in combat? Or do you have to equip them first before you can use them?

Any new moves in combat?

Jexx21
10-24-2013, 09:26 PM
Is Edward's third hidden blade longer than Ezio's

silvermercy
10-24-2013, 09:30 PM
I was brave and clicked on this thread, too. lol

If it hasn't been asked yet, do we start the game as pirates? (you could answer in a spoiler tag if you want for this). Thanks!!

andreycvetov
10-24-2013, 09:34 PM
1.How is the story?Is it immersive?Is the dialog top notch like in ac3 and 1.And one of the most important things-how is the ending(without spoilers-is it good and unexpected)THANKS

ACfan443
10-24-2013, 09:50 PM
I was brave and clicked on this thread, too. lol

If it hasn't been asked yet, do we start the game as pirates? (you could answer in a spoiler tag if you want for this). Thanks!!

I think he answered something about this a few pages back

killzab
10-24-2013, 09:51 PM
1.How is the story?Is it immersive?Is the dialog top notch like in ac3 and 1.And one of the most important things-how is the ending(without spoilers-is it good and unexpected)THANKS

So MANY questions !!!!

So I'll try to answer them in order :

Farlander1991 : Optional objectives are NOT intrusive anymore ;)

Actually I had to pause to the menu to see what they were, they don't show on screen.

ACfan443 : Havana is bigger than I thought it would be, it is fine ! Doesn't need to be bigger. I don't know about the side content. There isn't much to do yet, just collect treasures, shanties, assassination contracts and couriers.

Sushiglutton : There's nothing new to combats apparently, balance and difficulty have been altered but that's it.

silvermercy : Yes, the first minute of the game features Edward as a pirate

Farlander1991
10-24-2013, 09:58 PM
Farlander1991 : Optional objectives are NOT intrusive anymore ;)

Actually I had to pause to the menu to see what they were, they don't show on screen.

I'm not meaning how intrusive they are, I'm meaning how specific they are (in terms of doing things a certain specific way)? Like, is it "air assassinate a grenadier", "Kill from the corner 5 people", "tackle this person from air" kind of thing? Is there a lot of that? Or is it more like 'do this' but without the 'how'?

killzab
10-24-2013, 10:02 PM
I'm not meaning how intrusive they are, I'm meaning how specific they are (in terms of doing things a certain specific way)? Like, is it "air assassinate a grenadier", "Kill from the corner 5 people", "tackle this person from air" kind of thing? Is there a lot of that? Or is it more like 'do this' but without the 'how'?

They're still specific, like " Use a smoke bomb to escape" " Don't engage in open combat" .

Farlander1991
10-24-2013, 10:03 PM
They're still specific, like " Use a smoke bomb to escape" " Don't engage in open combat" .

Well, "don't engage in open combat" I'm more or less fine with (open enough for me if it doesn't tell you how to do stealth in a proper way), but it's sad that they're still specific :(

Thanks, mate!

Kaschra
10-24-2013, 10:10 PM
I want to go to France :I

Thanks for sharing your experiences so far, and that without spoilering the story :)
I was afraid about that when I clicked on this thread.

killzab
10-24-2013, 10:11 PM
I want to go to France :I

Thanks for sharing your experiences so far, and that without spoilering the story :)
I was afraid about that when I clicked on this thread.

Wouldn't want to spoil the story to you guys, unless you asked. And I'd put spoiler tags anyway.

Kaschra
10-24-2013, 10:12 PM
Wouldn't want to spoil the story to you guys, unless you asked. And I'd put spoiler tags anyway.
Well, without spoilering, do you like the story so far? And in what sequence are you right now? :)

Layytez
10-24-2013, 10:14 PM
I'll remove this post.

thekyle0
10-24-2013, 10:15 PM
If you take a minute to check it, I'm also curious about how much control the player has over HUD elements. In previous games the SSI included the flags over investigating guards, their health bar in combat, and an alert when they were about to attack. Is this still the case, or has Ubi finally had the sense to separate these functions so that the latter two redundant features can be switched off without sacrificing the former?

killzab
10-24-2013, 10:16 PM
Well, without spoilering, do you like the story so far? And in what sequence are you right now? :)

Well, it feels strange, in that it seems to rush A LOT at the beginning. Edward has little, but still sufficient, exposition. It's the complete opposite of AC3.

And I'm only at the middle of Sequence 2.

killzab
10-24-2013, 10:21 PM
Also, Modern day seems really interesting :D and it feels fresh.Much more appealing than Deadmond IMO.

Layytez
10-24-2013, 10:22 PM
Also, Modern day seems really interesting :D and it feels fresh.

Much more appealing than Deadmond IMO.

Yeah it is isn't it ?

Flutterwhat
10-24-2013, 10:32 PM
and "focus view" if you can... like AC3 had. i hope it's still there. (no ranged weapons equipped i think)

staaloog1
10-24-2013, 10:32 PM
hey man, first of all nice you got the game :D..

could you please tell me about the performance on the current gen consoles,...

is the framerate so bad it is un playable,
how about lagg
and game freezes,
how does it look :D

i really hope you can answer these questions.

kind regards from Holland

Mr_Shade
10-24-2013, 10:34 PM
Watch those spoilers..

even if you edit them out once you post them, infractions remain..

Layytez
10-24-2013, 10:37 PM
Thread had spoilers in the name. Didn't know I had to put my text in spoilers again and I don't care if the infractions remain.

Mr_Shade
10-24-2013, 10:39 PM
Thread had spoilers in the name. Didn't know I had to put my text in spoilers again and I don't care if the infractions remain.
Spoiler rules do ask that, and as you can see - they are being used.. So suggest you do too especially for plot related posts..

Layytez
10-24-2013, 10:39 PM
Spoiler rules do ask that, and as you can see - they are being used.. So suggest you do too.
Won't bother. Anyone who wants to know anything up to sequence 10 pm me.

Flutterwhat
10-24-2013, 10:40 PM
"Follow by example. Humanity is an endless circle of such" -juno the friendly ghost

luckyto
10-24-2013, 10:41 PM
I'm more interested in game mechanics: HUD customization, what is the combat like, are the side missions good, are the story sequences open and fun, size of the cities, etc

Layytez
10-24-2013, 10:46 PM
If I prefer pm's which are alot safer then what is the problem ?

silvermercy
10-24-2013, 10:55 PM
I saw Hollow's unhidden spoiler. Me not happy... :|

xryanx28
10-24-2013, 10:59 PM
Someone at my walmart was selling blackflag today for $70 lol I got it. id do a ama but looks like your doing a good job. I notice the frame lag when on the seas. not to bad though. ill see if installing it to the HDD will make it smoother. im on the xbox btw

Flutterwhat
10-24-2013, 10:59 PM

It was a double edged sword for me, on the one hand i am glad
that juno is not simply lying dormant. I am GLAD she is frightening. So. Very. Glad.
and on the other i am sad that i know a hint of what happens when.

Landruner
10-24-2013, 11:00 PM
Salut est ce que tu as pu voir jusqu'a present si le "rope Dart" de AC3 etait dans le Jeux ou Pas?

English: I ask if he/she saw the AC3's Rope Dart yet or not?

staaloog1
10-24-2013, 11:04 PM
hey man,

im on the xbox too, ( i only get the game on tuesday )
could you please tell me something about the performance on the Xbox 360.
like how bad is the lagg, are there any game freezes/crashes.
does it run somehow smooth. i am someone who always worries before a game comes out ( for me 60 bucks is pretty expensive )
if you reply, thank you for the reply :D

kind regards,
from Holland

ACfan443
10-24-2013, 11:55 PM

You willingly entered a thread which had a capitalised 'spoiler' warning in its title, so it's no surprise you should expect spoilers, regardless of whether spoiler tags are used or not.

plentybeef
10-25-2013, 12:06 AM
All things considered, whos chasing Edward. You Know the trailer that shows the cube, some one is looking through a spyglass at Edward an all we see is the ships names. What ever it is, is it explained

killzab
10-25-2013, 12:58 AM
I'm back just for a while, so after playing a couple more hours, I've got some things to say :

- well the graphics really kinda bring down the game on PS3, it just doesn't feel like the right version to play.
- there are some massive audio issues during fights
- some AI glitches but it's not too bad
- you can't deactivate specific ISS hud options
- Edward's a cool character
- Missions are cool, the lowest I've rated is 3/5, the others are all 4 or 5.

LoyalACFan
10-25-2013, 01:05 AM
You willingly entered a thread which had a capitalised 'spoiler' warning in its title, so it's no surprise you should expect spoilers, regardless of whether spoiler tags are used or not.

Doesn't matter, you're still supposed to put a spoiler tag around any explicit spoiler.

Sigv4rd
10-25-2013, 01:37 AM
--------------------
-What weapons are available to Edward?
-Are chain kills (using pistols to chain kill) OP?
-Have you been to Kingston and Nassau, if so how are they?
-Does Edward duel wield swords by default or does he purchase a second sword to duel wield?
-Are jungles linear?
-How is customization?
-Has Parkour been improved?
-Can Edward free run by default? (like Ezio)
-How does Edward's hood function? When does he remove it?
-Can you swim anywhere or only when close to shores? (I want to try sailing from Havana to Kingston at some point XD)
-Does Edward get tattoos as the game progresses?
-Is there an AC4 version of Beggars/Minstrels/Children?
-How many QTEs have you encountered? :(
-Does Edward have both hidden blades by default or does he receive one and craft the other? (like AC:B)
-Do you have a favorite city?
-Is modern day fun, can you go into a greater description of it?
-Can weapons be removed?
-Does running alert guards, or is it like AC1&AC3?
-Can Edward be struck by lightning while standing on a viewpoint during a thunderstorm?
-Does getting drunk effect Edward?
-How is the ambient music?
-On a scale of Cesare-Haytham what is the quality of the Templar cast (Cesare being bad, Haytham being awesome)
-Any easter-eggs?
-Is the Cloak Edward can purchase physics enabled?
-Are guards annoying? (dialog, AI, ect)
-Is The Assassin Turkey featured? :)
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/12/11/12/ga9y9yza.jpg

bondboy_88
10-25-2013, 01:46 AM
Where are the frame rate issues more prevalent? The open world sailing or the more densely populated main cities?
I'm concerned to hear that you think the graphics on current gen ruin the experience.
It looks better than AC3 though right?
Otherwise it seems to be a great game!

AlphaAltair
10-25-2013, 02:00 AM
Hey Kilzab,

All I want to know is how many assassination missions are there? Both story ones and side missions.

Enjoy the game!

Landruner
10-25-2013, 02:10 AM

Me too , but I take it as my own fault since I was visiting a Thread with a big "SPOILER" marked on it, I take it as my own fault responsibility, no arm was done "The Hollow".

Stealth Gamer92
10-25-2013, 02:12 AM
How does the Jackdaw handle in your opinion? Smooth or was it a chalenge to get used to?

Wolfmeister1010
10-25-2013, 02:42 AM
I have gotten the game as well people! If kilzab is not available, I will be able to answer some questions to the best of my knoweldge!

AlphaAltair
10-25-2013, 02:50 AM
I have gotten the game as well people! If kilzab is not available, I will be able to answer some questions to the best of my knoweldge!

Ok then.

All I want to know is how many assassination missions are there? Both story ones and side missions.

Enjoy the game!

Stealth Gamer92
10-25-2013, 02:54 AM
How does the Jackdaw handle in your opinion? Smooth or was it a chalenge to get used to?

I dont kare who answers this. I gots ta know.

bondboy_88
10-25-2013, 02:55 AM

Is the frame rate issue really really bad? Or just noticeable at certain points of the game? I just want to enjoy the game as it is without technical issues hampering the experience.

Wolfmeister1010
10-25-2013, 02:57 AM
--------------------
-What weapons are available to Edward?
-Are chain kills (using pistols to chain kill) OP?
-Have you been to Kingston and Nassau, if so how are they?
-Does Edward duel wield swords by default or does he purchase a second sword to duel wield?
-Are jungles linear?
-How is customization?
-Has Parkour been improved?
-Can Edward free run by default? (like Ezio)
-How does Edward's hood function? When does he remove it?
-Can you swim anywhere or only when close to shores? (I want to try sailing from Havana to Kingston at some point XD)
-Does Edward get tattoos as the game progresses?
-Is there an AC4 version of Beggars/Minstrels/Children?
-How many QTEs have you encountered? :(
-Does Edward have both hidden blades by default or does he receive one and craft the other? (like AC:B)
-Do you have a favorite city?
-Is modern day fun, can you go into a greater description of it?
-Can weapons be removed?
-Does running alert guards, or is it like AC1&AC3?
-Can Edward be struck by lightning while standing on a viewpoint during a thunderstorm?
-Does getting drunk effect Edward?
-How is the ambient music?
-On a scale of Cesare-Haytham what is the quality of the Templar cast (Cesare being bad, Haytham being awesome)
-Any easter-eggs?
-Is the Cloak Edward can purchase physics enabled?
-Are guards annoying? (dialog, AI, ect)
-Is The Assassin Turkey featured? :)
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/12/11/12/ga9y9yza.jpg

I can answer that her Kilzab's absence! Got the game!

1. Swords, hidden blades, pistils, blowpipe, ropedarts, throwing kvives in caves,
2. No. In fact, chaining pistol shots decreases the damage of the pistol. If you really want to get a one shot kill, use free aim to get a headshot.
3. Nassau is a bit small, a little dissapointing in my opinion, Havana is GOURGEOUS, and Kingston is actually quite fun. Way better than Boston for sure. The architecture is very similar, but it makes up for it by the city becing more vibrant, colorful, and more!
4. Edward has dual swords from the start. You can disarm and use single swords though. You kust can not sheath them.
5. No. Customization is way better than previous games. TONS of DIFFERENT outfits and cloaks. Not just different colors of the same outfit. They are all extremely sexy, JS.
6. Parkour is the same as AC3, which is fine for me, lol! Maybe a bit more fluid.
7. I don not understand this, but freerunning and parkour is the same as AC3.
8. Edward removes it while just walking around the city with no danger about.
9. You can swim anywhere there is water deep enough for you to swim!
10. From my gameplay sofar, they stay the same throughout.
11. I actually have not seen any harrassers yet. Strange...
12. QTES are still there for animal combat, but they are MUCH less intrusive and more fluid.
13. I dont want to say, spoilers.
14. Havana is my favorite, lets see what Kilzab says!
15. Modern day is very fun IMO, not gameplay wise of course, but very fun and intersting story and interaction wise!
16. I have not tried this yet. Unknown.
17. I think it is like AC3, but they turn around on rooftops..
18. No. Gamebreaker isnt it?
19. Yes. Woke up in a haystack.
20. Ambient music is great. Less dramatic and loud than in ezio games. More subtle and atmoshperic like AC1.
21. The ENTIRE cast is AMAZING!
22. Yes. Yes yes yes.
23. Yes.
24. AI are way better, and most of the lines are in spanish, so i cant really tell!
15. ...have not encountered yet.

Wolfmeister1010
10-25-2013, 02:58 AM
Ok then.

Enjoy the game!

Contracts are much deeper than AC3, and even a bit deeper than Ac2. The main assassinations are AWESOME, and for most you really have to plan them out.

Wolfmeister1010
10-25-2013, 02:59 AM
I dont kare who answers this. I gots ta know.

The controls took me a few min to get used to, but once i did, it was much smoother than AC3.

Wolfmeister1010
10-25-2013, 03:00 AM
Is the frame rate issue really really bad? Or just noticeable at certain points of the game? I just want to enjoy the game as it is without technical issues hampering the experience.

I have it on xbox 360. There are a few framerate issues, but they really dont bother me and are not really noticeable to me! Maybe its a PS3 thing.

AlphaAltair
10-25-2013, 03:10 AM
Contracts are much deeper than AC3, and even a bit deeper than Ac2. The main assassinations are AWESOME, and for most you really have to plan them out.

Great! Thats really good to hear!

I am really hoping that there are about as many side assassination missions as ac2 am I being too optimistic?

bondboy_88
10-25-2013, 03:12 AM
I have it on xbox 360. There are a few framerate issues, but they really dont bother me and are not really noticeable to me! Maybe its a PS3 thing.

Sounds a bit like how AC3 felt like to me. I can live with that! :D
I supposed it depends on personal preference too.
Thanks btw and enjoy the game!

Flutterwhat
10-25-2013, 03:15 AM
I would very much like to know if, when you dont have any raged weapon eqipped, you can go into a "focus" view like you could in ACIII when you pressed or held the left trigger.

Wolfmeister1010
10-25-2013, 03:15 AM
Great! Thats really good to hear!

I am really hoping that there are about as many side assassination missions as ac2 am I being too optimistic?

I think there are more

Wolfmeister1010
10-25-2013, 03:16 AM
I would very much like to know if, when you dont have any raged weapon eqipped, you can go into a "focus" view like you could in ACIII when you pressed or held the left trigger.

You always have a ranged weapon equiped

AlphaAltair
10-25-2013, 03:19 AM
I think there are more

Wow! You made my day! Thanks!

Kaschra
10-25-2013, 03:26 AM
Oh Wolf, from what you say it sounds like the game is really good! Now I'm even more excited, and that means a lot because I'm already going insane right now xD
Can't wait til I play the game myself :D

deadeagleman
10-25-2013, 03:29 AM
How the jack saw controls on turning , speed in half and full sails

Flutterwhat
10-25-2013, 03:56 AM
disappointing.

i enjoyed that view for the immersion it provided.

Layytez
10-25-2013, 03:57 AM
Just completed it. Big improvement over AC3 but it still has it's problems. I'll be around for another hour or so if anyone wants some spoiler details pm me.

Sigv4rd
10-25-2013, 04:18 AM
I can answer that her Kilzab's absence! Got the game!

1. Swords, hidden blades, pistils, blowpipe, ropedarts, throwing kvives in caves,
2. No. In fact, chaining pistol shots decreases the damage of the pistol. If you really want to get a one shot kill, use free aim to get a headshot.
3. Nassau is a bit small, a little dissapointing in my opinion, Havana is GOURGEOUS, and Kingston is actually quite fun. Way better than Boston for sure. The architecture is very similar, but it makes up for it by the city becing more vibrant, colorful, and more!
4. Edward has dual swords from the start. You can disarm and use single swords though. You kust can not sheath them.
5. No. Customization is way better than previous games. TONS of DIFFERENT outfits and cloaks. Not just different colors of the same outfit. They are all extremely sexy, JS.
6. Parkour is the same as AC3, which is fine for me, lol! Maybe a bit more fluid.
7. I don not understand this, but freerunning and parkour is the same as AC3.
8. Edward removes it while just walking around the city with no danger about.
9. You can swim anywhere there is water deep enough for you to swim!
10. From my gameplay sofar, they stay the same throughout.
11. I actually have not seen any harrassers yet. Strange...
12. QTES are still there for animal combat, but they are MUCH less intrusive and more fluid.
13. I dont want to say, spoilers.
14. Havana is my favorite, lets see what Kilzab says!
15. Modern day is very fun IMO, not gameplay wise of course, but very fun and intersting story and interaction wise!
16. I have not tried this yet. Unknown.
17. I think it is like AC3, but they turn around on rooftops..
18. No. Gamebreaker isnt it?
19. Yes. Woke up in a haystack.
20. Ambient music is great. Less dramatic and loud than in ezio games. More subtle and atmoshperic like AC1.
21. The ENTIRE cast is AMAZING!
22. Yes. Yes yes yes.
23. Yes.
24. AI are way better, and most of the lines are in spanish, so i cant really tell!
15. ...have not encountered yet.

Darn was really hoping Edward could be struck by lightning... oh well :p
What I meant by "Parkour by default" is can Edward free run/climb from the beginning of the game or do the Assassins teach him?
That is good news about the Cloak, I know what I'll be wearing!

A few more questions:
-Can Edward be attacked by sharks while swimming on the surface? Can I theoretically never use the Jackdaw and swim everywhere?
-Are you really "you" in the modern day? Or has there been evidence of an identity? How do people interact with the player? Can you choose gender?
-Are the cities populated with animals (they better not have removed teh puppies!)
-Are ropedarts the same?
-How are jungles? (they seemed linear in demos)
-Are stalking zones less... Ridiculous? (Edward being completely visible)
-What is your favorite new animation?
-Please for the love of all that is good tell me that none of the Assassins are as bad as Stephane Chapheau!
-How does notoriety work?
-Are there changes to guard archetypes?
-Which do you prefer so far GTA V world or AC4:BF world?
-Is there weather/time of day control options like AC3?
-Have you tried plantations/forts? If so how are they?
-Is pick pocketing the same as AC3?
-Are the cities used more? (In AC3 we spent most of our time in Boston and the Frontier, New York was very underused...)
-Can you do the Dinosaur walk?
http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2011/107/6/d/altair_silly_walk_by_jying072-d3e7nih.gif
-How far into the main campaign are you?
-How many actual targets are there?
-Investigations? :)
-Are counter windows different for different weapons?
-Hows the hand-holding? Has Ubi finally let go?
-Does being near a ledge still cause Edward to kick enemies off?
-Which do you prefer the Jackdaw or the Aquila?
-How would you rank the cities in terms of size? How big are the cities?
-Sexy?
-Can I wear ridiculously large hats with feathers in them?
-How does Ol' Eddy rank among previous protagonists in ye ol' heart?
-Any missions where Edward is drunk?
-Does killing civilians still cause desynchronization?
-Asking for M: "Random Quests?"
-Can we equip this outfit?:
http://www.gamefreaks.co.nz/wp-content/gallery/***-creed-4-gc2013/ac4-gc13-14.jpg
-Charles Lee?
GIVE ME LEE!!!

David2010549
10-25-2013, 04:19 AM
I've got a few questions.

1. If you stealthily kill an enemy with another nearby but facing away, will the nearby enemy turn to see the dead one as soon as he ragdolls, as in AC3?
2. Do high profile (including air) assassinations still automatically alert all enemies within a certain range?
3. Are throwing knives still in, and if so how do they work?
4. Can you stealthily board an enemy ship, either before or after entering open combat with it?
5. How does transitioning between the sea and a large city work?
6. Can naval forts be taken without entering open combat? Also, are naval forts indeed tied to other missions and necessary to progress or are some or all of them optional?
7. Is the rope dart any different from AC3?
8. Can you swim freely on the sea?
9. Do additional enemies still spawn when an alert is triggered?
10. Is the air tackle still present?

I know that's a lot and not very organized, and I apologize, but I hope they can be answered.

MrCharlesLee
10-25-2013, 06:41 AM
Charles Lee?
GIVE ME LEE!!![/QUOTE]

Well, hello there

johnnyhayek
10-25-2013, 07:16 AM
There are already some walkthroughs up on YouTube that I watched. The game looks much more fluid than AC3 frame rate-wise from the videos, but those could be deceiving. It just looks and feels so much better than AC3 from the videos.

Aphex_Tim
10-25-2013, 07:18 AM
Just completed it. Big improvement over AC3 but it still has it's problems. I'll be around for another hour or so if anyone wants some spoiler details pm me.

Wait, what? You completed it in ONE day?

Sigv4rd
10-25-2013, 07:33 AM
Charles Lee?
GIVE ME LEE!!!

Well, hello there[/QUOTE]

WHERESCHUREZLEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!

Sigv4rd
10-25-2013, 07:49 AM
I caved...
I watched the first part of a walkthrough of the game...
My impressions (no spoilers)
-Opening is much better than AC3! Or at least faster paced
-Edward has a good sense of humor though he can be a bit of an *** lol, in general the game feels more lighthearted... In a good way!
-The environments are darn perty!
-Free Running seems more fluid.
-The concerns of Jungle Linearity seem unfounded :)
-Fan girls get nice view of Eddy shirtless early on ;)
-The guy playing was terrible! He couldn't even figure out the Leap of Faith! *facepalm*
-New main menu is nice!
-Obviously no "My name is Desmond Miles and this is my story" in fact there is no real intro (an improvement IMO)
-------------------

plentybeef
10-25-2013, 08:00 AM
Link to the YouTube walkthrough

Black_Widow9
10-25-2013, 10:11 AM
Link to the YouTube walkthrough
Not if they want to stay around the Forums....

andreycvetov
10-25-2013, 10:20 AM
u didnt answer my question about the quality of the ending(without spoilers) :(i mean is it a OMFG cool ending or a mediocre one?

AlphaAltair
10-25-2013, 10:49 AM
Not if they want to stay around the Forums....

Ahh the old Assassin's spirit of free will at work I see. How ridiculous!

Mr_Shade
10-25-2013, 11:10 AM
Just so others are clear..

The game is not officially released until the 29th - so links to youtube walkthroughs - are considered leaks until that time, so will be removed.

Alot of walkthroughs, from many of the top you tube channels, are embargoed until then, so it's only fair to them also.

plentybeef
10-25-2013, 11:38 AM
I caved...
I watched the first part of a walkthrough of the game...
My impressions (no spoilers)
-Opening is much better than AC3! Or at least faster paced
-Edward has a good sense of humor though he can be a bit of an *** lol, in general the game feels more lighthearted... In a good way!
-The environments are darn perty!
-Free Running seems more fluid.
-The concerns of Jungle Linearity seem unfounded :)
-Fan girls get nice view of Eddy shirtless early on ;)
-The guy playing was terrible! He couldn't even figure out the Leap of Faith! *facepalm*
-New main menu is nice!
-Obviously no "My name is Desmond Miles and this is my story" in fact there is no real intro (an improvement IMO)
-------------------

Pm me the link for the walkthrough you are talking about

plentybeef
10-25-2013, 11:39 AM

No I can free run around screaming nothing is true and everything a permited

AlphaAltair
10-25-2013, 12:05 PM
Just so others are clear..

The game is not officially released until the 29th - so links to youtube walkthroughs - are considered leaks until that time, so will be removed.

Alot of walkthroughs, from many of the top you tube channels, are embargoed until then, so it's only fair to them also.

Too clever and calculating mehartees!

Noone (who can be bothered too) will ever find the precious, bountious glimpse of what they (HAVE ALREADY!) be spendin their hard earned cash on if it werent for the likes of google or youtube.

Has PeglegUbi sometin to hide me wonders? Thank the good lord ubisoft cant get their hooks on the vast wild internets.....yaaaaaaaaaargh

AssassinHMS
10-25-2013, 12:28 PM

You already completed the game?!

Could you tell me if the game forced you to buy the blowpipe and if you can remove weapons? Also, what did you think about the assassination missions? Were they breathtaking?

GreySkellig
10-25-2013, 12:38 PM
Having caved and watched the first hour of the game (I won't be able to play until May at the earliest, so there's not much point trying to save myself from spoilers) I can say that
1) It looks and sounds phenomenal. Bright colors, great textures, detailed foley work, ambient tracks are great...
2) The opening sequence is suuuper cool and engaging. I really liked the intro of AC3, but it was slow. AC4 has a much more compelling opening.
3) The best channels being embargoed until worldwide release is awful. The people posting videos right now are just plain horrible at the game. (e.g. just spamming b/circle so that every counter results in a throw) Kind of irritating, but Edward's combat still looks great. Much more practical and realistic than Connor the Ninja Native.

Mr_Shade
10-25-2013, 12:47 PM
The embargo's are there for a reason, one is to stop spoilers being posted everywhere..

Everyone should be on the same date, so it's fair - those 'leaked' videos - will be removed when seen I expect, or send me a PM with the links and I'll pass them on ;)

GreySkellig
10-25-2013, 12:55 PM
No no, I understand the reasons for the embargo. I wasn't complaining about it, just how horrible at AC the people breaking embargo are.

AlphaAltair
10-25-2013, 12:55 PM
Why should these free people not see what they be gettin?

Dont be doin it.

It be a trapp arg!

Aphex_Tim
10-25-2013, 12:59 PM
This is going to be a tough time for me......
I'm hoping I'll win a lottery or something so I can still buy a PS4 and AC4 at launch. :p

Or I could just rob a bank.
Or turn pirate.

AlphaAltair
10-25-2013, 01:17 PM
The embargo's are there for a reason, one is to stop spoilers being posted everywhere..

Everyone should be on the same date, so it's fair - those 'leaked' videos - will be removed when seen I expect, or send me a PM with the links and I'll pass them on ;)

Bah! The way I see it if a game is finished it should be reviewed.

If a game company has produced a quality product then they have nothing to fear.

It's only when a company cuts corners and over relies on marketing and pre orders that said company gets very nervous about early reviews and "leaks".

If the game is great then any leaks would be good publicity.

Please dont give us this carp about "fairness" and "saving us from spoilers".

Reviews are embargoed and games released simultaneously for ONE reason only, to maximise profit.

Layytez
10-25-2013, 01:29 PM
You already completed the game?!

Could you tell me if the game forced you to buy the blowpipe and if you can remove weapons? Also, what did you think about the assassination missions? Were they breathtaking?

You are given the blowpipe (won't say who by)
Remove weapons ? Don't think so
Assassinations...some good..some bad..some mediocre. All in all I think most people will like this game however there are some very annoying things I stumbled upon while playing.

Mr_Shade
10-25-2013, 01:36 PM
Please dont give us this carp about "fairness" and "saving us from spoilers".

Reviews are embargoed and games released simultaneously for ONE reason only, to maximise profit.
My comment was about the videos.. nothing more..

Not everyone wants to see spoilers before they get to play.. though your posting here, says you don't mind.

AssassinHMS
10-25-2013, 01:47 PM
You are given the blowpipe (won't say who by)
Remove weapons ? Don't think so
Assassinations...some good..some bad..some mediocre. All in all I think most people will like this game however there are some very annoying things I stumbled upon while playing.

So...there is no way to get rid of the blowpipe once it is given to the player? Maybe in the weapons table inside Jackdaw's captain quarters? Or a glitch like Connor's bow perhaps?

But does the game make you feel like a true assassin or like a pirate who decides to be an assassin on tuesdays?

Layytez
10-25-2013, 01:51 PM
So...there is no way to get rid of the blowpipe once it is given to the player? Maybe in the weapons table inside Jackdaw's captain quarters? Or a glitch like Connor's bow perhaps?

But does the game make you feel like a true assassin or like a pirate who decides to be an assassin on tuesdays?
Not sure if there is a way to remove it. I'll try looking in the cabin.

To be honest...it feels like I'm a full on pirate who has assassin skills really. Won't go into too much detail here so pm me if you want more info.

ACLexter
10-25-2013, 01:54 PM
In the previous assassins creed you have a assassins creed hideout with all your weapons, outfits and stuff,
how about for AC4? is in the jackdaw?

AssassinHMS
10-25-2013, 01:58 PM

To be honest...it feels like I'm a full on pirate who has assassin skills really. Won't go into too much detail here so pm me if you want more info.

Ok. Thanks for the replies.
Can't say I'm too happy with the answers but I already expected something like this long ago. At least they say stealth has been improved which is something.

Layytez
10-25-2013, 02:02 PM
Ok. Thanks for the replies.
Can't say I'm too happy with the answers but I already expected something like this long ago. At least they say stealth has been improved which is something.
Yeah my expectations were a little high but I wasn't completely let down. The modern day parts were good and the actual plot blended in well.

spidermma82
10-25-2013, 02:04 PM
I am about 4/5 hours in to the story. My initial thoughts are that the devs haven't had enough time to polish the game. There are A LOT of bugs. The combat doesn't seem as fluid as AC3 and the stealth this time around is ridiculous. You can literally assassinate one guard from the vegetation, while another looks right at you and doesn't blink an eye. It really spoils the immersion as it is very easy to kill every guard by hiding in a bush and whistling.

It's such a shame as the story and setting are superb. Naval combat is much improved, which is certainly a good thing seeing as there is a lot of it. My only complaint there, is that the seas feel rather congested as it can be quite difficult to have a one on one engagement without tagging another enemy.

So far I would rate AC4 7/10. If the devs had a longer development window, it could have been amazing, but unfortunately Assassins creed has stepped into that annual release/poor quality mode.

Layytez
10-25-2013, 02:06 PM
I am about 4/5 hours in to the story. My initial thoughts are that the devs haven't had enough time to polish the game. There are A LOT of bugs. The combat doesn't seem as fluid as AC3 and the stealth this time around is ridiculous. You can literally assassinate one guard from the vegetation, while another looks right at you and doesn't blink an eye. It really spoils the immersion as it is very easy to kill every guard by hiding in a bush and whistling.

It's such a shame as the story and setting are superb. Naval combat it much improved, which is certainly a good thing seeing as there is a lot of it. My only complaint there, is that the seas feel rather congested as it can be quite difficult to have a one on one engagement without tagging another enemy.

So far I would rate AC4 7/10. If the devs had a longer development window, it could have been amazing, but unfortunately Assassins creed has stepped into that annual release/poor quality mode.

This was one of the annoying things I mentioned earlier. It is especially annoying when you have to sail to a mission.

garth_nailo
10-25-2013, 02:09 PM
Is there still passive income from shops or the like?

AssassinHMS
10-25-2013, 02:15 PM
Yeah my expectations were a little high but I wasn't completely let down. The modern day parts were good and the actual plot blended in well.

That is nice and although I really like exploring and discovering story details, I play games for the gameplay. I'm not realy interested in a pirate-like experience with some AC elements to it so, I don't think this is the game for me.
However I have to say I'm really disapointed with Ubisoft. After so many games and complaints we still can't choose our equipment. Not only that but Ubisoft still keeps running away from the AC theme and fails to deliver a real AC experience where the player feels like an assassin (since AC1).
I hope they make combat hard for AC5 and that they push stealth and navigation to a whole new level, otherwise AC won't be able to evolve.

Nevertheless, your replies were more useful than any review. Thank you again.

Wolfmeister1010
10-25-2013, 03:00 PM
I really dont understand why people are being negative about the game! Sure it has bugs, but those can easily be fixed. The game for me is the best in the series so far. It fixed all of the problems of AC3, and then added some extra goodness! Sure, there are still some problems, like some missions being mediocre and stuff, but on a whole it is the best of the series for me.

Wolfmeister1010
10-25-2013, 03:02 PM

It's such a shame as the story and setting are superb. Naval combat is much improved, which is certainly a good thing seeing as there is a lot of it. My only complaint there, is that the seas feel rather congested as it can be quite difficult to have a one on one engagement without tagging another enemy.

Really? because that never happned to me. In fact, if the guards get close enough, they can see you in the bush. Im not quite sure I believe you.

HypeR.tgL
10-25-2013, 03:28 PM
Lol, the people that are disappointed with the game already just had hype levels over 9000 building up to the game's release.

I'm just gonna play it and enjoy it as a video game without any hardcore expectations :).

I-Like-Pie45
10-25-2013, 03:30 PM
Here's a fun fact

the reason there's so many bugs right now is because you are playing the game early, before it was intended to be released.

Didn't Shadey-boy say there would be Day-1 Patch?

Mr_Shade
10-25-2013, 03:32 PM
Just remember - gameplay impressions can be different from person to person, so I would suggest reading a few reviews and opinions and making your own mind up - rather than take a single persons opinion as fact.

Everyone has different opinions so lets not start saying who is wrong or lying - just post a counter statement, if you have one - and allow the reader to decide ;)

And, yes - there is a patch.. however it's not live [released] until the 29th - which is the official release date, so expect details on that then - it 'may' be live on Xbox before then, however I can't promise.;)

Also until the official release date, any ULC codes and passports, may report as 'invalid' - however the codes will work on the 29th.

MP servers may also not be 100% - since we have wheels in motion to make sure everything is ready for the 29th, so I am sorry, but somethings won't be ready til then.

Layytez
10-25-2013, 03:32 PM
Here's a fun fact

the reason there's so many bugs right now is because you are playing the game early, before it was intended to be released.

Didn't Shadey-boy say there would be Day-1 Patch?

There better be because ive failed a mission 4 times because Edward wouldn't move from a tree stump.

Mr_Shade
10-25-2013, 03:40 PM
There better be because ive failed a mission 4 times because Edward wouldn't move from a tree stump.
I would suggest you report that to support :)

Just in case...

luckyto
10-25-2013, 03:44 PM
I still want to know what elements of the HUD can be turned on and off? Same as normal (minimap, SSI, health, tool bar, etc)?

Rugterwyper32
10-25-2013, 03:50 PM
My one and only question here, as I've decided I'll have patience but not for this one.

In Havana, is this church in? Should be the northmost viewpoint if it's there and the map goes with what I think.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/4/42/Church_of_Angel_Custodio%2C_Havana.jpg/572px-Church_of_Angel_Custodio%2C_Havana.jpg

It won't stop bugging me. I doubt I can ask for screenshots but just knowing if it's there will be good enough, so yeah

luckyto
10-25-2013, 03:55 PM
I'm pretty sure that church was in the gameplay demos I've seen. At least one very very similar.

Aphex_Tim
10-25-2013, 03:56 PM
Seems like the game is leaking everywhere! Buddy of mine in the Netherlands just got the Black Chest Edition delivered.

Landruner
10-25-2013, 03:58 PM

It is what I heard from the people that play it (general consensus) ... - It's a good game, but it is a pirate game, not really an assassin creed game. They told me the same about Edward, pirate that has assassin skills. Devs missed the "boat" lol

Mr_Shade
10-25-2013, 04:01 PM
Seems like the game is leaking everywhere! Buddy of mine in the Netherlands just got the Black Chest Edition delivered.
If it's from Ubisoft - it's not a leak :P

Ubisoft aim to deliver the games brought from them, in time for release, however some might get them early ;)

And, that applies to all online retailers - they try and predict how long it may take, but sometimes get it slightly wrong.

Please do pass on the info I posted about playing it early ;)

Aphex_Tim
10-25-2013, 04:02 PM
It is what I heard from the people that play it (general consensus) ... - It's a good game, but it is a pirate game, not really an assassin creed game. They told me the same about Edward, pirate that has assassin skills. Devs missed the "boat" lol

But what defines an Assassin's Creed game? I've heard people say about every game so far after AC1 that it isn't a "true" AC game.
I think if it involves Assassin's Creed lore, it's already a "true" AC game.

Layytez
10-25-2013, 04:03 PM
Yeah I approached it as an assassins creed game...I was kinda disappointed. To be honest this feels like a prequel to what the game should have been about. The "assassin" presence was very minimal in terms of what Edward is doing. I understand him only doing stuff for his own gain but if the whole game is like that then it gets boring...fast.

luckyto
10-25-2013, 04:04 PM
So by that token, is AC3 an Indian Frontier game? Or is AC2 an Italian Nobleman game? He moves like every other assassin before him. This "it's a pirate game, not an assassin" game is gooey garble. There hasn't been a true "assassin" game since AC1.

Is it a good game or not.

Landruner
10-25-2013, 04:22 PM

Wait, wait... with all my respect - Why on Earth, UBISOFT released the game in France before the release date announced in the first place? Did anyone at UBISOFT thought that the linked videos were going to happen? I don't get it...

Mr_Shade
10-25-2013, 04:25 PM
The leaked videos in question - happened before stores sold the game in most cases - and the videos are there on external sites.

Either way, the rules do cover posting leaked footage, so if you have further questions, please read them and contact me in PM - to stop taking the thread off topic.

ACfan443
10-25-2013, 04:25 PM
Doesn't matter, you're still supposed to put a spoiler tag around any explicit spoiler.

The spoiler tag is very new feature to the forum which a significant number of members are still unaware of. The title specifically warns of spoilers, if you don't want anything spoiled for you, don't enter it.

Layytez
10-25-2013, 04:26 PM
So by that token, is AC3 an Indian Frontier game? Or is AC2 an Italian Nobleman game? He moves like every other assassin before him. This "it's a pirate game, not an assassin" game is gooey garble. There hasn't been a true "assassin" game since AC1.

Is it a good game or not.

It is a good game with a lot to do but if you're expecting a magnificent assassin based game you may end up disappointed. My suggestion to everyone is to rush through it then replay it at a slower pace to absorb everything better the second time round.

The spoiler tag is very new feature to the forum which a significant number of members are still unaware of. The title specifically warns of spoilers, if you don't want anything spoiled for you, don't enter it.

Well I got an infraction for posting a spoiler in the thread that has spoilers in the name just because I didn't tag it. Didn't know I had to hide my spoilers in a spoiler thread :rolleyes:.

Mr_Shade
10-25-2013, 04:34 PM
Well I got an infraction for posting a spoiler in the thread that has spoilers in the name just because I didn't tag it. Didn't know I had to hide my spoilers in a spoiler thread :rolleyes:.The rules do ask you use the spoiler tag.. even in a spoiler thread.. and you did read them?

It only takes seconds to do, and stops ANY complaints against you.

Also dropping a major plot point such you did, was considered a rather large uncalled for spoiler.. which others did in fact complain about..

Just so others are aware - the rules are there for everyone - yes they are strict, but they need to be, else people start dropping unrelated spoilers in to random threads..

LoyalACFan
10-25-2013, 04:36 PM

I'm not saying whether it's right or wrong, that's just the way it is. Except in the OP, spoilers still have to be tagged in threads with a spoiler warning in the title.

Layytez
10-25-2013, 04:36 PM
Major ? Don't think so. You still have to interpret it in your own way based off what I said. Could have said anyones name and it would be the same.

Mr_Shade
10-25-2013, 04:39 PM
Major ? Don't think so. You still have to interpret in your own way based off what I said.
It was major to those people who complained..

If you hid it, as the OP has done when talking about plot points, nothing would be there to complain about.. if they looked and then complained, that's down to them ;)

You seem to have enjoyed the game, lets offer the same to those yet to play.

You didn't get banned - so learn from the warning, and carry on.

Flutterwhat
10-25-2013, 04:41 PM
Major ? Don't think so. You still have to interpret it in your own way based off what I said. Could have said anyones name and it would be the same.

You mentioned an important, antisipated, and mysterious character and pointed out exactly what sequence they appeared in, as well as described the emotional tone of their appearance. it was the sequence and the emotional tone that were the spoiling factors!!!!

Sushiglutton
10-25-2013, 04:42 PM
So what kind of side content is there? Is stuff delivering letters, completing grossery lists and similar still in there? Any new type of side content besides harpooning? Random events?

Layytez
10-25-2013, 04:43 PM
You mentioned an important, antisipated, and mysterious character and pointed out exactly what sequence they appeared in, as well as described the emotional tone of their appearance. it was the sequence and the emotional tone that were the spoiling factors!!!!

That was my interpretation, you all may find it differently. Only thing that was really a spoiler was the sequence which i should have left out but I didn't tell you where or how it happens so really you all are even more anticipated to see how.

FrankieSatt
10-25-2013, 07:07 PM
I just have a simple question, are the save games like in previous AC games with the auto save or can you save it manually like when you visit a shop, does it save then?

Megas_Doux
10-26-2013, 02:59 AM
So what kind of side content is there? Is stuff delivering letters, completing grossery lists and similar still in there? Any new type of side content besides harpooning? Random events?

According to her

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/803041-My-ACIV-NON-SPOILER-Review

There are random events.

roostersrule2
10-26-2013, 06:40 AM
Is Rodrigo in the game?

Jarek23
10-26-2013, 07:21 AM
yes it is back ! :d havana's ambient music is "i'll be with you" but a different mix :).

yes!!

Farlander1991
10-26-2013, 08:10 AM
How many missions are there in each sequence?

TJ_Wylde
10-26-2013, 08:27 AM
Random events?

How about random naval wars being fought between the spanish and british ships that you can mingle in taking it all and loot everything or just avoid them and let them fight it out enjoying the view trough your spyglass.

And then there are a number of different things to do. There's a LOT hehe. Don't think you'll get bored fast :p

roostersrule2
10-26-2013, 10:05 AM
Can you see dolphins swimming past like in the open world demo?

Or does it not happen in the current gen version.

TJ_Wylde
10-26-2013, 10:20 AM
Can you see dolphins swimming past like in the open world demo?

Or does it not happen in the current gen version.

Dolphins... hmm naa haven't seen them yet :p. Man those are there a LOT. And i like it. Seen a lot of Dolphins, some whales. sharks. all sorts of wild life.

roostersrule2
10-26-2013, 10:24 AM
Dolphins... hmm naa haven't seen them yet :p. Man those are there a LOT. And i like it. Seen a lot of Dolphins, some whales. sharks. all sorts of wild life.Haha that's good but I mean like jumping up and down, I'll just say yes.

Anyway have you seen a dolphin take on a shark or something?

TJ_Wylde
10-26-2013, 10:39 AM
Haha that's good but I mean like jumping up and down, I'll just say yes.

Anyway have you seen a dolphin take on a shark or something?

Hmm well i've seen them idk what to call it. "hop" maybe. like jump out and into the water wile swimming. And nope i'd love that be i haven't seen a dolphin fight a shark (yet.. would be cool).

Sushiglutton
10-26-2013, 10:42 AM
How about random naval wars being fought between the spanish and british ships that you can mingle in taking it all and loot everything or just avoid them and let them fight it out enjoying the view trough your spyglass.

And then there are a number of different things to do. There's a LOT hehe. Don't think you'll get bored fast :p

Good, good :). Is most of the side stuff systemic (aka it just happens in the world and you can choos to participate or not), or is most of it go to an icon to activate a mission? What kind of missions are there of the latter type?

Farlander1991
10-26-2013, 10:43 AM
Also, how many main assassination targets? :rolleyes:

Sushiglutton
10-26-2013, 10:49 AM
Also, how many main assassination targets? :rolleyes:

Don't answer this question without spoiler tag and before consulting with a lawyer! If I know the answer to it my mind will count all the time and the game will be ruined :(.

TJ_Wylde
10-26-2013, 11:03 AM
Well i can't say how many assassination targets even if i wanted to. I can guess a number from those i've met so far though. I'm in seq4 and right now just exploring the map. conquering islands and destroying ships :P. So i'm taking it slow with the main story for now. I just enjoy playing pirate to much haha.

As for the side missions. When you get to a populated area/island you can use R2 (PS3) to bring a pop-up on screen that shows you what you can do/get there. There are several activaties that just start when you get close to them and some that you start by talking to someone. The naval battles (those that you don't start yourself) just happen. Like earlier i was sailing to an island and in the far far distance (was night) i see lights flashing up. I move a bit closes and use my spyglass to see a bunch of shooners and brigs fighting each other. Great for me. I waited a bit and then just mingled among them shooting everything in sight. Ended up a little richer hehe. I do have a bit of trouble saying exactly what kind of missions there are specific (by name) because i tend to just explore and go with the flow if you know what i mean.

Sushiglutton
10-26-2013, 12:06 PM
Well i can't say how many assassination targets even if i wanted to. I can guess a number from those i've met so far though. I'm in seq4 and right now just exploring the map. conquering islands and destroying ships :P. So i'm taking it slow with the main story for now. I just enjoy playing pirate to much haha.

Pretty sure that's how the devs want the game to be played!

As for the side missions. When you get to a populated area/island you can use R2 (PS3) to bring a pop-up on screen that shows you what you can do/get there. There are several activaties that just start when you get close to them and some that you start by talking to someone. The naval battles (those that you don't start yourself) just happen. Like earlier i was sailing to an island and in the far far distance (was night) i see lights flashing up. I move a bit closes and use my spyglass to see a bunch of shooners and brigs fighting each other. Great for me. I waited a bit and then just mingled among them shooting everything in sight. Ended up a little richer hehe. I do have a bit of trouble saying exactly what kind of missions there are specific (by name) because i tend to just explore and go with the flow if you know what i mean.

I like that you actively have to bring up the activities and at the saem thime they are easy to access. That is good for all types of players. It sounds like they have ramped up the sandbox/systemic side of the game significantly (which has been hinted)

AidenPixxel
10-26-2013, 12:08 PM
Does Edward have a rope dart?

White24Room
10-26-2013, 12:37 PM
Can we assassinate our targets "freely"? I mean is this an open area and we can kill him as we want or is this, like in AC3 scripted ? Thank you :)

WinterLight1981
10-26-2013, 12:52 PM
Hi! Hope you are enjoying the game! I was just curious about one thing I hope you can answer about the spyglass. How does it work? Is there a button to use it or does it start automatically when there is something to look at? Can it be moved freely to look at other things or does it stay fixed in one place? Really just wondering if it can be used as a nice way to view scenery or just the events that require attention!
Thankyou! :)

pacmanate
10-26-2013, 01:35 PM
Does Edward have a rope dart?

This was confirmed a while ago.

wigster2012
10-26-2013, 03:31 PM
What do you think of the modern day stuff? Is it better then you thought it would be, or worse? Can you go to it at any point in the game, or just when the game decides?. No spoilers though, I've already seen a bit, don't want to ruin it before I've played it. So just your opinion please.

orduluaslan
10-26-2013, 04:58 PM
Did you have an information about Desmond's apple of eden? I watched modern day walkthroughs but there is anything about that. It's weird.

TJ_Wylde
10-26-2013, 08:39 PM
Can we assassinate our targets "freely"? I mean is this an open area and we can kill him as we want or is this, like in AC3 scripted ? Thank you :)

It's a bit of both tbh. Some are in a set area and others are how ever you like. Depends on the current story you are at a bit.

Hi! Hope you are enjoying the game! I was just curious about one thing I hope you can answer about the spyglass. How does it work? Is there a button to use it or does it start automatically when there is something to look at? Can it be moved freely to look at other things or does it stay fixed in one place? Really just wondering if it can be used as a nice way to view scenery or just the events that require attention!
Thankyou! :)

The spyglass is (on PS3) just press and hold R2 when you are in control of your ship. You can move it around 360 degrees freely and up and down with the right stick and zoom in/out with the left stick. And when you zoom in and hold a ship in the center of it it tells you what type it is and what it carries as it also does with islands. Though tbh any more then this would spoil to much. It's fun to explore ;) and this is something that is done right tbh.

What do you think of the modern day stuff? Is it better then you thought it would be, or worse? Can you go to it at any point in the game, or just when the game decides?. No spoilers though, I've already seen a bit, don't want to ruin it before I've played it. So just your opinion please.

It different but fun. I haven't spend time outside the animus other then "forced" times tbh. But i enjoyed what i say. It's a 100% new experience compared to the past versions of AC. Any more would spoil it as you requested not to so i'll keep it at that. Oh and yes you can leave the animus whenever you want.

FrankieSatt
10-26-2013, 09:06 PM
What about E-Mails. Do you still have them and do you still get a message while in the animus saying you have them?

robinthefactory
10-26-2013, 09:41 PM
Hey I was wondering if you can answer this question. How many outfits are available and how many sails are there (including front ornaments)?

AnthonyOfGod
10-26-2013, 09:46 PM
I just have a few quick questions that I haven't been able to find the answers to anywhere else. Their answers will decide whether I get this game or not, so the more detailed they are, the better.
1. Is there a profanity on/off option?

2. Is there a blood on/off option?

3. What is extent of the sexual content/nudity in the game? Are any private parts visible throughout the game?

Thank you so much to whoever finds these answers out for me.

TJ_Wylde
10-27-2013, 07:16 AM
What about E-Mails. Do you still have them and do you still get a message while in the animus saying you have them?

Hmm all i can say is that the "animus" is very different this time. As is the surrounding. I did have a modern life "wtf" moment yesterday (2nd forced modern life moment) and they do show some really awesome stuff. But even though it says spoiler in the thread i do know this is something some ppl really would just want to find out. So if you "must" know i'll pm it to you.

Hey I was wondering if you can answer this question. How many outfits are available and how many sails are there (including front ornaments)?

I have to make a guess right now (don't have to game on atm) but considering the crafted outfits, store outfits and ac initiates (leaving my black chest stuff out of it) i'd say 12+ maybe. It's a good amount of choice out there and it's not like in previous AC where it's all the same outfit but just different colors. They actually have very very different styles and looks now. (for example shark hunter is like a cloth shorts with a leather open vest, a rolled up banadana on your head and sandles/flip flops on your feet.)

I just have a few quick questions that I haven't been able to find the answers to anywhere else. Their answers will decide whether I get this game or not, so the more detailed they are, the better.
1. Is there a profanity on/off option?

2. Is there a blood on/off option?

3. What is extent of the sexual content/nudity in the game? Are any private parts visible throughout the game?

Thank you so much to whoever finds these answers out for me.

I have to be very honest with you here mate. 1 & 2 i haven't even looked for. So far i've just played on the default options and on that there is blood and profanity thank .... (i mean you are a pirate yarr :P) but i'll take a look after breakfast for you mate.

on your 3th point. Idk in the whole 100% of the game but so far the only "flesh" i've seen is a topless edward haha. And that aint that sexy :p

Edit: ok mate i took a look trough the options. I didn't see anything resembling a "profanity filter" but i did see a "blood on/off" slide in the video options.

AidenPixxel
10-27-2013, 09:48 AM
Can you start bar fights and use objects from the environment

Farlander1991
10-27-2013, 06:33 PM
(this question is to whoever finished the game already) What is the extent of historical cameos? Are there characters that, like in AC3, appear just for the purposes of 'THIS IS A HISTORICAL PERSON LOOK AT HIM!!!!!!', or does every (or, well, most) character play a certain memorable role? (I guess, akin to Darby's ACR, though ACR certainly has a far smaller cast of character than AC4... I mean, just the historical pirates alone are pretty much 75% of ACR cast)

thecodeman715
10-27-2013, 11:45 PM
So I saw some gameplay today and I saw Edward killing some assassins, when he joins the order, is that ever addressed? Because, it makes me really mad that he kills Assassins and eventually becomes one himself, and it will make me even more mad if the order doesn't mention it. Also, I did see a lot of gameplay, how far into the game does he become an assassin? Is it longer than the wait we had in AC3?

ajl992008
10-27-2013, 11:52 PM
can someone please tell me how many assassinations there are? I dont think the number should really count as a spoiler, if it does then could someone give me a rough idea
1. 5-10 Targets
2. 11-15 targets
3. 16-20 targets

also how open are the assassinations? are they like ac2, ac1 or even more open than both of those?secondly how long does just the main mission campaign take? this is really important to me since with every installment the length goes down, for comparison:

ac1 = 10 hours
ac2 = 20 hours
acb = 10 hours
acr= 13/14 hours
ac3 = 15 hours

can anyone confirm if its longer than ac2? i felt like ac2 had the perfect length and longer would be better, thanks a lot in advance :)

souNdwAve89
10-28-2013, 12:06 AM
So I saw some gameplay today and I saw Edward killing some assassins, when he joins the order, is that ever addressed? Because, it makes me really mad that he kills Assassins and eventually becomes one himself, and it will make me even more mad if the order doesn't mention it. Also, I did see a lot of gameplay, how far into the game does he become an assassin? Is it longer than the wait we had in AC3?

Yes, the Mentor of the Caribbean Assassins yells at Edward for killing his brothers and sisters in Havana earlier in the game. Honestly, Edward doesn't become an official Assassin until very late in the game. You practically have all the traits of an Assassin, but he is not apart of the Assassin Order until much later. Besides that, they don't really mention Edward killing many Assassins prior. The chunk of the story is practically what the trailers and what Ashraf said, which is just about Edward trying to make his way in the world, but it just happens to get the Assassins and Templars involved.

thecodeman715
10-28-2013, 12:28 AM
Okay, awesome, as long as it gets brought up, because it really made me mad. Just wondering, how large is the assassin order in the Caribbean, bigger than Maysaf and Constantinople or smaller than Rome? How many Assassins do you interact with in the game, and can you recruit assassins or is your crew pretty much your only back up?

souNdwAve89
10-28-2013, 12:37 AM
Okay, awesome, as long as it gets brought up, because it really made me mad. Just wondering, how large is the assassin order in the Caribbean, bigger than Maysaf and Constantinople or smaller than Rome? How many Assassins do you interact with in the game, and can you recruit assassins or is your crew pretty much your only back up?

The Assassins have a base on an island much like previous games that you can visit or when the story takes place there. The Assassin Order there is similar to Constantinople and Rome where you see Assassins walking around, training, etc. I think it is a little bigger in terms of the amount of NPC's on screen. It definitely does feel like an island full of Assassins. There is an optional mission later in the game that you can help an Assassin in one of the cities to do a mission. The rest I haven't played around with much. There is no recruiting Assassins, but you can recruit crew members for your pirate ship.

Sturnz0r
10-28-2013, 12:39 AM

Very close to masyaf, in the island of Tulum

thecodeman715
10-28-2013, 12:40 AM
Awesome, thanks for the info. How many important Assassins do you meet, like yousuf, Machiavelli, or Abbas? Or are you and the mentor the only important ones in the game? Does Edward care for the creed or does just pretty much say 'screw it'?

souNdwAve89
10-28-2013, 12:44 AM
Awesome, thanks for the info. How many important Assassins do you meet, like yousuf, Machiavelli, or Abbas? Or are you and the mentor the only important ones in the game? Does Edward care for the creed or does just pretty much say 'screw it'?

There are other Assassins, but it's best to not really spoiler it lol. Edward has a steady character development throughout the game. At first, he doesn't really give a damn about the whole Assassin - Templar war. The Assassins try to teach him, but he just brushes it off at first. Later on in the story there is something that motivates him.

Megas_Doux
10-28-2013, 01:07 AM
Is there something siimilar to the AC3īs pivots. I mean, can you "choose" to play day/night and Raining/sunny?

Dachande_
10-28-2013, 01:42 AM
yes!!

Absolutely agreed Jarek,happy times indeed! All i was looking for in this thread was whether or not they re-added ambient music to the game. Absolutely delighted to read reports that they have. Hopefully now we can move on from AC3 and forget it ever happened lol.

invertedx
10-28-2013, 02:21 AM
Forgive me if this has been answered earlier in the thread but can you still purchase property? Shops etc...

Murd3r Claws
10-28-2013, 11:46 AM
Mk so since I do know what happens in this game bc I've watched an LP how about send me a PM with my question. Who is James Kidd? What happens to him? Bc Jim is my favorite character.

Farlander1991
10-28-2013, 12:10 PM
Ever since I saw James Kidd being introduced in one of the preview videos from a cutscene, I knew exactly who the guy was and what was going to happen to him. (Not to mention there are certain shots in the launch trailer that confirm that). Dangers of doing the research of the era, I suppose. Doesn't remove the curiosity of seeing how it will all play out, though :)