PDA

View Full Version : AC3: Liberation - Vita just a beta version for HD version?

Korten1
10-24-2013, 07:52 PM
Call me bitter, but I'm annoyed by the HD version. Now when I first heard of it I didn't mind much, improved graphics is fine... But then I hear they're adding content and reworking many things in the game. That honestly pisses me off. It makes me feel like I paid $40 for a Beta and console/PC gamers now get the "full" release for $20...

I would ask if we're getting a patch for Liberation to bring some of the improvements but I doubt it. :/ I just worry they will do the same if they release another Vita AC game- get people to pay $40 and then sell the improved version for $20 a year later for other platforms.

Flutterwhat
10-24-2013, 09:27 PM
They had to rework things like the touch/camera based missions anyway. I feel like the extra content is there to add some value for Vita players that would intise then to purchase the game again.
I also feel that, because AC:L was a full fleged game with a good story and good assassin, and sales for the vita have been so poor, ubisoft felt like they needed to bring New Orleans to consoles and PC.
They never did such a thing with bloodlines for the PSP.

Korten1
10-24-2013, 09:39 PM
They had to rework things like the touch/camera based missions anyway. I feel like the extra content is there to add some value for Vita players that would intise then to purchase the game again.
I also feel that, because AC:L was a full fleged game with a good story and good assassin, and sales for the vita have been so poor, ubisoft felt like they needed to bring New Orleans to consoles and PC.
They never did such a thing with bloodlines for the PSP.

Well Bloodlines was recieved very poorly so.

But in terms of sales... AC:L sold nearly 600k units.

http://www.pushsquare.com/news/2013/02/assassins_creed_iii_liberations_sales_near_600000_ units
http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2012/11/13/ubisoft-sounds-surprisingly-happy-with-assassins-creed-3-liberation-sales/

And I would agree it's a good AssCreed game but honestly... The story was very meh, it had promise but it never seemed to explain anything and just kept going. Seems the HD version will fix that with the new missions...

Farlander1991
10-24-2013, 09:44 PM
I understand your bitterness, but it's very similar to complaining about a game getting cheaper as time goes (for example, AC3 costs 30 dollars instead of 60, and I bought it for full price, not complaining).

The fact is, the game is going to be a year and a half old by the time of its release. Unless it's a VERY high profile product which you know people will buy no matter what (and let's face it, Liberation is NOT that), you don't ask a full price for a port of a game that's a year and a half old. Also, one of the reason why they are reworking a lot of things is because Vita was not physically capable, as a platform, to deal with the world and gameplay the same way as AC3 would. So there's no way to do those changes for Vita. Also, removing features that are possible only on the Vita platform, since, well, the consoles aren't capable of doing that. So... this leaves the 15 new side-quests as the only noticeable changes that could be transferred back to the Vita version. Is it that big of a deal?

LatinaC09
10-24-2013, 11:53 PM
I don't get why some people are that bitter over this HD release. I think it's a great thing. Like someone else said, the game is over a year old anyway and it will be nice for people like me who don't own a Vita.

Jexx21
10-25-2013, 02:05 AM
Liberation actually received good sales for what it was, according to Ashraf anyway.

Korten1
10-25-2013, 04:31 AM
I don't get why some people are that bitter over this HD release. I think it's a great thing. Like someone else said, the game is over a year old anyway and it will be nice for people like me who don't own a Vita.

I think your mistaken. I am fine with the HD version, but the fact that they're changing thing (NOT just the Vita specific "mini"-games), and adding content and is cheaper (understandable) makes me feel cheated. It's one thing to release an HD version that is the same but another to fix, change, and add content while leaving the original out in the cold.

Flutterwhat
10-25-2013, 04:48 AM
it's probebly just a handful of extra missions to make up for some of the story's shortcomings

HiddenKiller612
10-25-2013, 05:03 AM
lol I knew the day this released on vita, that they would port it one day. I wasn't going to buy a vita for one game. So I waited, and huzzah I was right.

Jexx21
10-25-2013, 05:05 AM
it's side missions that they're adding.. 15 extra side-mission, three sets of five missions, each tailored to one of Aveline's personas..

pacmanate
10-25-2013, 02:23 PM
Yup, you are bitter.

Bastiaen
10-25-2013, 04:01 PM
Time to sell you vita man. I bought mine for AC Liberation, but this was the tipping point. It wasn't worth keeping around for Batman Arkham Origins Blackgate.

thekyle0
10-25-2013, 05:47 PM
Don't forget, it's a PC release from Ubisoft, so we can expect Beta quality anyway.

riftsNglyphs
10-25-2013, 06:02 PM
am I the only one who couldn't care less about this?? who wants to be play as a female assassin anyway?

Flutterwhat
10-25-2013, 06:19 PM
am I the only one who couldn't care less about this?? who wants to be play as a female assassin anyway?

certainly not you. I'd tempted to call you sexist for that reply, but i wont.

Female representation is something important in today's world in general. it's simply NOT okay that 80 percent of game's protagonists are white men. Having a female assassin who is also a person of color (and actually fights some really nasty 18th century issues, such as slavery) is actually really important to bring to consoles.

there are so few games that feature a female protag who is a person of color it's really great ubisoft made liberations, and even better that they're brining it to consoles.

riftsNglyphs
10-25-2013, 06:19 PM
certainly not you. I'd tempted to call you sexist for that reply, but i wont.

Female representation is something important in today's world in general. it's simply NOT okay that 80 percent of game's protagonists are white men. Having a female assassin who is also a person of color (and actually fights some really nasty 18th century issues, such as slavery) is actually really important to bring to consoles.

there are so few games that feature a female protag who is a person of color it's really great ubisoft made liberations, and even better that they're brining it to consoles.

I was joking

Flutterwhat
10-25-2013, 06:39 PM
I somehow doubt that.

Anyway, to get back on topic, I've recently been to new orleans, and it was an amazing experince. It's one of the cities on my AC:Travel bucket list and i'm so glad i got to go. I've been wanting to explore 18th century new orleans for quite some time...looking forward to it!!!

Landruner
10-25-2013, 07:21 PM

Oh sweet Jesus - We got a troll on the Forum...:cool:

LatinaC09
10-26-2013, 04:28 AM
I somehow doubt that.

Anyway, to get back on topic, I've recently been to new orleans, and it was an amazing experince. It's one of the cities on my AC:Travel bucket list and i'm so glad i got to go. I've been wanting to explore 18th century new orleans for quite some time...looking forward to it!!!

New Orleans is a gorgeous city. I'm glad we're finally going to get to see it in an AC game with better graphics.