PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED!] EU original RS on disk import tool not found in PSN store or in-game store

Pages : [1] 2

randomas
10-24-2013, 02:45 PM
Hey there just got my copy really happy and everything, just haven't found the RS on-disk importer pack. I checked both the in game store (packs) and the PSN store and it ain't there even though the new RS 2014 DLC are.

Is it just me? Or is it one of the usual EU PSN screw-ups?

TIA

j-gvk
10-24-2013, 02:55 PM
When the game is released in Europe the tool will become visible the stores.

randomas
10-24-2013, 03:23 PM
The game is released, and the new DLC is in the stores, it's just the tool that's missing

Goooner1
10-24-2013, 03:26 PM
It was on the Xbox Marketplace website to buy yesterday, but it's disappeared today. Hope they sort it soon.

EnergyNED
10-24-2013, 06:44 PM
Apparently it is not officially released. I had created a support ticket but was told that they cannot give support until the game is officially released.

randomas
10-24-2013, 08:25 PM
Uk is 25th Italy was today 24th.

Kirei85
10-26-2013, 08:28 PM
The game is released, and the new DLC is in the stores, it's just the tool that's missing

Same problem! Is there any workaround to get the disc importer tool.
Or perhaps I do something wrong?

Ubi-MoshiMoshi
10-27-2013, 06:07 PM
Hi guys,

The Disc Importer is not meant to appear on the console store (PSN / XBL) so this is normal.

For it to be present in the in-game store; you must have a saved game present on your console for the first Rocksmith game.

If you do have a saved game from the first Rocksmith and you still are having an issue finding it then please open a ticket with Technical Support, the link is in my signature.

JAYDEE6969
10-27-2013, 06:24 PM
Seems this is a Europe wide problem with PS3 owners. I have even tried a fresh install of both versions, after wiping all traces of old saves etc, and still no option to import RS1 Disc tracks.

Have raised a ticket with Ubisoft, but as its the weekend, not expecting a response till late Monday at earliest.

Kirei85
10-27-2013, 07:41 PM
Hi guys,

The Disc Importer is not meant to appear on the console store (PSN / XBL) so this is normal.

For it to be present in the in-game store; you must have a saved game present on your console for the first Rocksmith game.

If you do have a saved game from the first Rocksmith and you still are having an issue finding it then please open a ticket with Technical Support, the link is in my signature.

It doesn't appear in the in game shop in rs 2014 and I have a rs1 save game on the same console and under the same profile.
I also tried it in rs1 in game shop and I opened a support ticket direct on thursday.... :-(

daddy_felix
10-27-2013, 07:47 PM
It doesn't appear in the in game shop in rs 2014 and I have a rs1 save game on the same console and under the same profile.

Same here.

EnergyNED
10-27-2013, 08:51 PM
Same here, have opened a ticket on thursday. Still waiting for an answer.

Black_Widow9
10-28-2013, 02:53 AM
We are looking into this. Thank you for contacting Support.

Szoti
10-28-2013, 09:27 AM
I'have the same problem (PS3) :(

nadeboy22
10-28-2013, 01:10 PM
I have the same issue. Since I have the digital version of 2014, I even left my original Rocksmith disc in the drive, after I boote the game a played a bit to make sure there is a save game on my PS3.

Still the option did not show up in Packs in the 2014 store.

Lets hope it gets fixed on Wedneaday when the PSN store updates.

Nopuomas
10-28-2013, 01:34 PM
I' have the same problem:
PS3, with digital RS2014 on RS1 in the drive.

Packs on the RS2104 store appears empty.

voigtstrPS3
10-29-2013, 02:20 AM
I have the same issue, and I logged a ticket at 10/26/2013 5:49:52 AM and it was placed on hold... I've just added the following text to the ticket...

"Why is this question on Hold please? To clarify, when you start rocksmith 2014 with a new profile (ie the first time or by deleting the profile files and starting rocksmith again) it recognises that you have played rocksmith Original and takes you to screen where you should be able to import the original game disk tracks, but instead it says "There are no items currently available. Please check back later for new content" This is for Australia, which uses PSN EU. An update soon would be appreciated guys"

LewisH08
10-30-2013, 12:20 AM
I have the same issue. PS3 Australia. Packs are empty, PSN Store has no import tool for RS1.
I actually bought second RS1 only to get Australian region for import as I was using US before. And I am still unable to import it so not very happy at all.
What is strange to me is that they communicate on daily basis about new DLC but there was no comment about what is happening about this? Or when we can expect a fix? I mean come on. The main reason for me to get 2014 was the ability to import RS1.

voigtstrPS3
10-30-2013, 01:49 PM
is there any progress on this one Black Widow?

Jadiou
10-30-2013, 04:48 PM
Still no import tool... I went to PSN store and found the new Smashing Pumpkins DLC there but they are not in in-game store and no sight of RS import tool :(

DjPelle
10-30-2013, 04:55 PM
Still no import tool... I went to PSN store and found the new Smashing Pumpkins DLC there but they are not in in-game store and no sight of RS import tool :(

Yeah still the same. And the only thing that I'd became as response from the support after I'd opened an ticket was copied text from the official FAQ :(

Wrathchild4312
10-30-2013, 05:49 PM
Welcome to the wonderful world of Sony Playstation EU. :rolleyes:

Always late with stuff or never appearing on their store, anyone remember the Counterstrike: Global Offensive mess?

Jadiou
10-30-2013, 05:52 PM
Yeah it seems to be Sony's issue. I contacted Ubisoft support about this issue and they said that the tool should be available and I should keep checking the store for the tool. And if the issue persists i should contact Sony and they should be able to look into why I cannot see the tool..

EnergyNED
10-30-2013, 06:06 PM
No it is not Sony's issue. The tool should not appear on the PSN store, only the ingame store. It also isnt on the US PSN store.

The new DLC only appears on the PSN store and not in the ingame store. Another proof that this is a Rocksmith issue..

Rutg3rO
10-30-2013, 08:28 PM
No it is not Sony's issue. The tool should not appear on the PSN store, only the ingame store. It also isnt on the US PSN store.

The new DLC only appears on the PSN store and not in the ingame store. Another proof that this is a Rocksmith issue..

Ingame store will probably also be PSN store with a flag "only show ingame". This way, Ubi can manipulate the part where you only see it if RS can find a valid vanilla save game.

Kirei85
10-30-2013, 10:21 PM
Omg, this can't be true! It's so annoying that it isn't possible to upload and offer this tool at the game start. Allthough it's available in the US store.

But the worst thing is that neither ubisoft nor sony release a statement what's wrong and that they're trying to fix it.
I only got this FAQ-answer from ubisoft on friday. I updated my question three times now but didn't get even a "we noticed your update" mail :-(

Rutg3rO
10-31-2013, 09:40 AM
I've had the same problem with Dragon Age Origins for PS3. It had a nasty freezing bug after a Playstation update. Took them weeks to fix it and Sony and Bioware where telling that the problem was the other party's.

LewisH08
10-31-2013, 09:58 AM
I mean surely it cannot be that hard to take some responsibility for it (either side) and release a simple statement where we are at. I mean grow some balls UBI. It's been a week and we still have no idea what is going on. I miss the variety from RS1 and I'll still keep playing it until this fiasco is resolved.

voigtstrPS3
10-31-2013, 10:55 AM
here is my thread with support... I hope they understand the issue...

10/26/2013 5:49:52 AM
When Rocksmith 2014 tries to download the songs from the original version I get the following message "There are no items currently available. Please check back later for new content."

10/29/2013 1:18:05 AM
Why is this question on Hold please? To clarify, when you start rocksmith 2014 with a new profile (ie the first time or by deleting the profile files and starting rocksmith again) it recognises that you have played rocksmith Original and takes you to screen where you should be able to import the original game disk tracks, but instead it says "There are no items currently available. Please check back later for new content" This is for Australia, which uses PSN EU. An update soon would be appreciated guys.

10/30/2013 2:51:31 PM
Hello. Thank you for contacting Ubisoft Technical Support. In order to respond to this email, please update this incident (Please do not create a new incident). We sorry about the late response... you need to go to the game to shop there you will be able to get the old DLC's as the first option , packs in the second option and new songs in the 3rd option If you have any further queries or issues please do not hesitate to contact us again and we will assist you further. Kind Regards, Ubisoft Technical Support.

10/31/2013 9:50:58 AM
Your answer "you need to go to the game to shop there you will be able to get the old DLC's as the first option , packs in the second option and new songs in the 3rd option If you have any further queries or issues please do not hesitate to contact us again and we will assist you further. Kind Regards, Ubisoft Technical Support." does not address the issue "When Rocksmith 2014 tries to download the songs from the original version I get the following message "There are no items currently available. Please check back later for new content" Rocksmith 2014 takes you to the store to download the disk content of Rocksmith 2012, when it detects a rocksmith 2012 profile on the hard disk. The issue is that for the European Playstation Network, we then get "There are no items currently available. Please check back later for new content." Your answer didn't address this issue. Please escalate this to higher level support. It will most likely require Sony Europe's assistance. Please respond by indicating that you understand the problem I (and many others on the Ubisoft forums) have presented.

spindizzy
10-31-2013, 11:58 AM
I'm in exactly the same situation - it does not show any packs in the in game store.

I cannot re-licence my Rocksmith content from the original game.

Spike2069
10-31-2013, 01:43 PM
It seems to be a universal issue for Europe that the disc import tool is unavailable. I have tried all of the 'work-arounds' but it seems Ubi is misunderstanding, and unaware of, the issue; they keep mistaking it for an off-disc dlc issue. It's strange that the problem has persisted for an entire week without being picked up or given an official mention. I'm not angry and I can wait, I just find it all bizarre.

randomas
10-31-2013, 04:19 PM
I just spent some time with the PS3 helpline, they called me back after I phoned in my enquiry this morning. This very kind lady basically said that it didn't appear in the PSN store to her but the DLC did. I explained that the issue is both that the new DLC is not being "seen" by the ingame store and that the importer pack that should only be seen from ingame is missing too. To this she replied that the issue is with the RS 2014 store not with her side and to try and find out whether ubi had actually sent the pack through the store...
I have raised a ticket with ubisoft, but this is starting to feel like work and I'm not getting paid for it ...

Spike2069
10-31-2013, 04:59 PM
Yeah. I just got a reply from my open ticket that seems to have not even read the inquiry properly. They just seem completely unaware of the problem despite the fact it appears to affect the whole of the EU.

sh1kamaru-
10-31-2013, 05:59 PM
Yeah. I just got a reply from my open ticket that seems to have not even read the inquiry properly. They just seem completely unaware of the problem despite the fact it appears to affect the whole of the EU.

oh man that sucks :(

JAYDEE6969
10-31-2013, 06:09 PM
Updated my own ticket to say we are still unable to access the import tool, and got instructed to check out this FAQ.

https://support.ubi.com/en-gb/FAQ.aspx?platformid=38&brandid=934&productid=4285&faqid=kA030000000ebZhCAI

And yes it still does not work - when is this going to be sorted?

goosfrabaaaah
10-31-2013, 06:29 PM
Updated my own ticket to say we are still unable to access the import tool, and got instructed to check out this FAQ.

https://support.ubi.com/en-gb/FAQ.aspx?platformid=38&brandid=934&productid=4285&faqid=kA030000000ebZhCAI

yeah, unfortunately that's just a load of baloney...
There is definitely something wrong in the whole of the eu which has nothing to do with that FAQ ...

wolfor_t_a
10-31-2013, 06:43 PM
Yea, I just tested that, played a song in 2012 to make it save a new version of the 2012 save game, went into 2014, nothing. Deleted the 2014 save game files (there were two, for some reason) and created new ones, it asked me if I want to import the old songs, but then still didn't find the import pack.
I could see if it helps to delete and create a new 2012 save game, but I am already so far advanced in 2012 that I don't want to delete that :D Probably wont help anyways.

JAYDEE6969
10-31-2013, 06:55 PM
Just had a response from the Rocksmith team on facebook, that they are aware of the problem and working on a fix.

Spike2069
10-31-2013, 09:48 PM
Awesome news! It would be great to seem them put something official out about it though.

voigtstrPS3
11-02-2013, 12:41 PM
Good news JAYDEE6969.
My problem ticket with Ubisoft is becoming farcical. If I displayed the lack of comprehension that Meera does below, when working on my service desk I would be sacked.

10/26/2013 5:49:52 AM
When Rocksmith 2014 tries to download the songs from the original version I get the following message "There are no items currently available. Please check back later for new content."

10/29/2013 1:18:05 AM
Why is this question on Hold please? To clarify, when you start rocksmith 2014 with a new profile (ie the first time or by deleting the profile files and starting rocksmith again) it recognises that you have played rocksmith Original and takes you to screen where you should be able to import the original game disk tracks, but instead it says "There are no items currently available. Please check back later for new content" This is for Australia, which uses PSN EU. An update soon would be appreciated guys

Meera10/30/2013 2:51:31 PM
Hello. Thank you for contacting Ubisoft Technical Support. In order to respond to this email, please update this incident (Please do not create a new incident). We sorry about the late response... you need to go to the game to shop there you will be able to get the old DLC's as the first option , packs in the second option and new songs in the 3rd option If you have any further queries or issues please do not hesitate to contact us again and we will assist you further. Kind Regards, Ubisoft Technical Support.

10/31/2013 9:50:58 AM
Your answer "you need to go to the game to shop there you will be able to get the old DLC's as the first option , packs in the second option and new songs in the 3rd option If you have any further queries or issues please do not hesitate to contact us again and we will assist you further. Kind Regards, Ubisoft Technical Support." does not address the issue "When Rocksmith 2014 tries to download the songs from the original version I get the following message "There are no items currently available. Please check back later for new content" Rocksmith 2014 takes you to the store to download the disk content of Rocksmith 2012, when it detects a rocksmith 2012 profile on the hard disk. The issue is that for the European Playstation Network, we then get "There are no items currently available. Please check back later for new content." Your answer didn't address this issue. Please escalate this to higher level support. It will most likely require Sony Europe's assistance. Please respond by indicating that you understand the problem I (and many others on the Ubisoft forums) have presented.

10/31/2013 11:49:29 AM
IMG_0638 is where rocksmith offers to import the Rocksmith 1 songs into Rocksmith 2014

10/31/2013 11:51:14 AM
IMG_0640 is where Rocksmith tries to find the Rocksmith 1 content on the store and returns "There are no items currently available. Please check back later for new content"

Meera11/1/2013 3:50:56 PM
Hello. Thank you for contacting Ubisoft Technical Support. In order to respond to this email, please update this incident (Please do not create a new incident). We sorry about the late response... Please check the link below for the resolution. https://support.ubi.com/en-gb/FAQ.aspx?platformid=38&brandid=934&productid=4285&faqid=kA030000000ebZhCAI If you have any further queries or issues please do not hesitate to contact us again and we will assist you further. Kind Regards, Ubisoft Technical Support.

11/2/2013 11:29:34 AM
Hi Meera, https://support.ubi.com/en-gb/FAQ.aspx?platformid=38&brandid=934&productid=4285&faqid=kA030000000ebZhCAI does not answer my problem. Do you know why? Because the content does not exist on Playstation Europe's servers yet!. Your assertion that... For PlayStation 3 / Xbox 360 users, please follow the steps below: - Start the game and you will be asked if you have played Rocksmith, select 'Yes'. - Once at the Main Menu select 'Shop'. - Select 'Packs'. - The Disc Import Tool will be available. ...works for PSN EU is currently false! The fact that you would provide your link as a "solution" indicates to me that you have not read, or didn't understand my previous posts. For further evidence of the issue see http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/802735-EU-original-RS-on-disk-import-tool-not-found-in-PSN-store-or-in-the-in-game-store Since you haven't understood the issue, please escalate this to your manager (since you ignored my instruction to escalate to a higher level support team in my previous communication). Not happy with your lack of comprehension.

Black_Widow9
11-02-2013, 09:11 PM
Just had a response from the Rocksmith team on facebook, that they are aware of the problem and working on a fix.
This is in fact true. As soon as there is a solution I will let you guys know. Sorry about the wait!

voigtstrPS3
11-03-2013, 12:40 PM
Can you let ubisoft support know that then? They are giving out seriously useless advise to people outside of the US.

Rutg3rO
11-03-2013, 04:47 PM
This is in fact true. As soon as there is a solution I will let you guys know. Sorry about the wait!

Thanks for the headsup BW9. Finally some official word that the problem is being addressed :)

Black_Widow9
11-03-2013, 11:37 PM
Can you let ubisoft support know that then? They are giving out seriously useless advise to people outside of the US.
I'll see what I can do. ;)

Thanks for the headsup BW9. Finally some official word that the problem is being addressed :)
You're very welcome! Again, sorry it took me so long to reply to this thread. :/

goosfrabaaaah
11-04-2013, 03:31 PM
Damn, people at Ubisoft need to communicate more with each other.
After countless back and forth emailing and a silly amount of wating for responses, I just got the advise to erase my save game and start again in order to download the pack.
I already told them that is not going to fly and to check out this forum.

It's just so damn frustrating support is giving out solutions which not only clear your progress in RS2014, but also still does not provide a solution.

SquirrellyNinja
11-04-2013, 11:19 PM
I just spent some time with the PS3 helpline, they called me back after I phoned in my enquiry this morning. This very kind lady basically said that it didn't appear in the PSN store to her but the DLC did. I explained that the issue is both that the new DLC is not being "seen" by the ingame store and that the importer pack that should only be seen from ingame is missing too. To this she replied that the issue is with the RS 2014 store not with her side and to try and find out whether ubi had actually sent the pack through the store...
I have raised a ticket with ubisoft, but this is starting to feel like work and I'm not getting paid for it ...

So the team thinks we might've fixed the issue with the EU stores. For all those players experiencing the problem can you please check your in-game SHOPs and see if the problem has been fixed? This should also resolve not being able to find the import pack.

Yonda1960
11-04-2013, 11:45 PM
So the team thinks we might've fixed the issue with the EU stores. For all those players experiencing the problem can you please check your in-game SHOPs and see if the problem has been fixed? This should also resolve not being able to find the import pack.
Nope, in game PS3 EU shop still has no packs showing :(

wolfor_t_a
11-05-2013, 12:33 AM
Nope, in game PS3 EU shop still has no packs showing :(

Same here... But the new songs are not released yet either, maybe it wont work before they are updated as well?

DjPelle
11-05-2013, 01:33 AM

For me also still the same here. NO RS 2014 DLC Song Shows up in the In-Game Store and also still no Import pack :(

Same here... But the new songs are not released yet either, maybe it wont work before they are updated as well?

Then we Need to wait 1 more day until wednesday...

Yonda1960
11-05-2013, 07:08 AM
Then why ask us to check? Surely we should have been asked to check after the store updates Wednesday if that's the case?

goosfrabaaaah
11-05-2013, 08:42 AM
I checked yesterday after having a frustrating email exchange with ubi support (they keep asking me to delete all my ps3 data and reinstall the game, I already told them that's not the problem etc) and there are NO packs to be found anywhere in the shop inside rocksmith 2014.

Very poor indeed from customer support.
They just don't seem to listen or it might not fit their predetermined troubleshooting roadmap.
all in all very frustrating and to be honest quite disappointing to a very loyal customer base (as most Rocksmith users are very loyal and surely likely to invest a heck of a lot in DLC)
I hope they get this sorted and I think the least they could do is throw in some free goodies for all the hassle.
The program is still not delivering what is advertised, which in the UK is a violation of the sales of goods act.
I hate quoting this but sometimes it just needs to be done to get support to actually act in stead of sending back useless emails if so-called solutions which have proven to not work for countless users.

Sorry for the rant, this trying to get support is getting to me a bit :)

EnergyNED
11-05-2013, 09:22 AM
And the Smashing Pumpkins pack should be in the ingame store by that logic and it isnt

wolfor_t_a
11-05-2013, 09:31 AM
I checked yesterday after having a frustrating email exchange with ubi support (they keep asking me to delete all my ps3 data and reinstall the game, I already told them that's not the problem etc) and there are NO packs to be found anywhere in the shop inside rocksmith 2014.

Very poor indeed from customer support.
They just don't seem to listen or it might not fit their predetermined troubleshooting roadmap.
all in all very frustrating and to be honest quite disappointing to a very loyal customer base (as most Rocksmith users are very loyal and surely likely to invest a heck of a lot in DLC)
I hope they get this sorted and I think the least they could do is throw in some free goodies for all the hassle.
The program is still not delivering what is advertised, which in the UK is a violation of the sales of goods act.
I hate quoting this but sometimes it just needs to be done to get support to actually act in stead of sending back useless emails if so-called solutions which have proven to not work for countless users.

Sorry for the rant, this trying to get support is getting to me a bit :)

I'm with you there, the only thing I ever got out of the support team on that question is that they copy/pasted the FAQ to me. That was two weeks ago, and they haven't answered to anything I asked them since.
But about the delete the save game data and restart it, I tried that, and I can confirm it didn't work (naturally) so if they ask you to do that again, you can just tell them you did and it didn't work, maybe that'll make it a bit better handling their responses.

Then why ask us to check? Surely we should have been asked to check after the store updates Wednesday if that's the case?
I don't know. I was just brainstorming :)

sh1kamaru-
11-05-2013, 12:18 PM

Thanks a lot for taking care of this.

DjPelle
11-05-2013, 12:18 PM
Answer again from support team 4 minutes ago: Thank you for your feedback. We currently have no import packs on PSN Store. There are no release from Sony for the features of the song import pack. You can either import the songs individually, or wait if the import pack is available. We apologize for any inconvenience caused thereby. Yours sincerely, Ubisoft support team

????

wolfor_t_a
11-05-2013, 12:27 PM
I just got the same message. Did you check if you can import the old songs individually? I would be very surprised.
In so far this sounds to me like they are not keeping the promise they advertised the game with in the first place, right?

DjPelle
11-05-2013, 12:33 PM
I just got the same message. Did you check if you can import the old songs individually? I would be very surprised.
In so far this sounds to me like they are not keeping the promise they advertised the game with in the first place, right?

Can not check that right now. But I did not seen any other option on each song as buy the song.

pressureuk
11-05-2013, 12:37 PM
Just bought the Smashing Pumpkins pack from the Playstation Shop, no sign of it or the RS1 import tool whilst using the in-game shop.

wolfor_t_a
11-05-2013, 12:55 PM
Can not check that right now. But I did not seen any other option on each song as buy the song.

I just checked, I think you can guess the answer :) Same as always :/
But I got another reply from support stating that the Import tool is not available for consoles, and asking me for patience.

MrKareem33
11-05-2013, 01:13 PM
Same issue still in Australia 20131105, RS1 import tool not working, even with a RS1 save data on PS3. Have tried deleting RS2014 save data profiles without joy. Can download and install other new RS2014 DLCs (e.g. Tame Impala)

rjoensdj
11-05-2013, 03:35 PM
Answer again from support team 4 minutes ago: Thank you for your feedback. We currently have no import packs on PSN Store. There are no release from Sony for the features of the song import pack. You can either import the songs individually, or wait if the import pack is available. We apologize for any inconvenience caused thereby. Yours sincerely, Ubisoft support team

????

This gets worst, the complete lack of understanding from the support team is so unsettling... feels like this will never get fixed

EnergyNED
11-05-2013, 03:43 PM
I don't think support has any clue what is going on.

EnergyNED
11-05-2013, 03:44 PM
Thanks a lot for taking care of this.

Thanks for what, nothing has been fixed so far.

randomas
11-05-2013, 03:52 PM

I tried this morning again still no luck for the packs, but maybe we should be waiting for sony to update the store tomorrow.

EnergyNED
11-05-2013, 04:50 PM
Why should we wait till Sony updates the store. Ubisoft told us to check because they believe they have solved it. We checked it and it doesn't work. Ubisoft knows that the store only updates on wednesday so if it mattered they would have told us.

daddy_felix
11-05-2013, 04:51 PM
the (eu) store updates on wednesday, not on monday.

EnergyNED
11-05-2013, 04:51 PM
Yeah, typo, just edited it.

Graffin_G
11-05-2013, 06:00 PM
Is UbiSoft/Rocksmith support that clueless?

It's like the whole blame game with Rock Band all over again. The developer blames Sony, Sony blames the developer.

I've been asking on Twitter and Facebook since the first game came out as to why songs like "Tighten Up" by the Black Keys, the ones from the free holiday pack and "I Hate Everything About You" by Three Days Grace (later made avail. only in the Metal Rock Pack) aren't available to buy on the PS3 (in Australia/Europe/UK that is... they're available in the US and worldwide on the 360). I've never ever received a reply. The same goes for the Import Pack question. I've posted it repeatedly on Twitter and their Facebook page, but it's becoming blatantly obvious that unless you're in the US, they just won't bother replying. If this is the kind of support offered by UbiSoft, I won't be spending another cent on their DLC or games.

SquirrellyNinja
11-05-2013, 06:43 PM
Just bought the Smashing Pumpkins pack from the Playstation Shop, no sign of it or the RS1 import tool whilst using the in-game shop.

So I seem to be getting slightly mixed messages with what users in EU/ANZ are experiencing. By your username I'm guessing you are UK based. Sorry to be redundant but I want make sure we understand exactly what's happening.

So if you're having issues could you post answers to these questions (Again, asking everyone having issues not just pressureuk. This is useful information):

1) What territory are you in?
2) Did you import RS2014? Did you import RS1?
3) Is the PSN account you're using properly matched to the territory your game belongs to?
4) Are you seeing ANY DLC at all?
5) Are you seeing ANY NEW RS2014 DLC at all?
6) Are you seeing ANY RS2014 DLC PACKS at all (Smashing Pumpkins, Iron Maiden, Import Pack)
7) Are you seeing ANY RS2014 DLC through PSN itself rather than with the in-game SHOP? (In all aforementioned circumstances)
8) Do you see the RS2014 DLC content listed online when you browse PSN for your territory? (e.g. https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/#!/en-gb/games/addons/the-smashing-pumpkins-pack/cid=EP0001-BLES01862_00-B000000000000775?smcid=sen:1979bythesmashingpumpki ns:EP0001-BLES01862_00-RS002SONG0000011:new-games)

EDIT: Adding some import pack specific questions
9) Can you see the import pack in the PSN store or in-game SHOP or online?
10) Do you receive the prompt to get the import pack when you do the initial setup with a new profile in RS2014?
11) When you click on that prompt does it take you somewhere you can get the pack or is it broken at this point? And if it's broken, does your PSN ID properly match your territory?

11/11 - Thanks for replying with info guys, editing this to say that you don't need to answer me anymore since we have a better handle on what's afflicting people since I originally posted this. However, this is still something we need to work out with other parties involved. Will post updates as regular posts to the thread as they come in

Robert_Tlse
11-05-2013, 07:02 PM
Let's motivate Sony/Ubi

Find some review sites ..for example
http://www.gamerankings.com/ps3/718847-rocksmith-2014-edition/index.html

Try and contact them, or at least leave a comment asking them to update the review to state that outside of the USA, RS1 imports do not work.

This might get motivation rolling a bit faster than us just ranting here on the forum :confused:

Example:
http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2013/10/24/rocksmith-2014-review-ps3/#comment-1109905600

DjPelle
11-05-2013, 07:10 PM
So I seem to be getting slightly mixed messages with what users in EU/ANZ are experiencing. By your username I'm guessing you are UK based. Sorry to be redundant but I want make sure we understand exactly what's happening.

So if you're having issues could you post answers to these questions:

3) Is the PSN account you're using properly matched to the territory your game belongs to?
6) Are you seeing ANY RS2014 DLC PACKS at all (Smashing Pumpkins, Iron Maiden, Import Pack)
7) Are you seeing ANY RS2014 DLC through PSN itself rather than with the in-game SHOP? (In all aforementioned circumstances)
8) Do you see the RS2014 DLC content listed online when you browse PSN for your territory? (e.g. https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/#!/en-gb/games/addons/the-smashing-pumpkins-pack/cid=EP0001-BLES01862_00-B000000000000775?smcid=sen:1979bythesmashingpumpki ns:EP0001-BLES01862_00-RS002SONG0000011:new-games)

1. EU Germany
2. I own both Blu Rays. RS 1= BLES01216 and RS 2014 = BLES01862
3. Yes I use German account.
4. Yes, the RS1 dlc
5. Not in In Game Store
6. Not in In Game Store
7. Yes in the SEN Store the dlc is visible
8. Yes

SquirrellyNinja
11-05-2013, 07:11 PM
Let's motivate Sony/Ubi

Find some review sites ..for example
http://www.gamerankings.com/ps3/718847-rocksmith-2014-edition/index.html

Try and contact them, or at least leave a comment asking them to update the review to state that outside of the USA, RS1 imports do not work.

This might get motivation rolling a bit faster than us just ranting here on the forum :confused:

Example:
http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2013/10/24/rocksmith-2014-review-ps3/#comment-1109905600

Imports are intended to work outside of NA and we are doing our best right now to pin down and resolve the issue. If you could answer the questions I posted above that'd help us out a bit in finding out more.

SquirrellyNinja
11-05-2013, 07:14 PM
1. EU Germany
2. The buyed dlc's over the SEN and from RS1 are in the game, under learn a song.
3. Yes I use German account. Game ID BLES01862
4. Yes, the RS1 dlc
5. Not in In Game Store
6. Not in In Game Store
7. Yes in the SEN Store the dlc is visible
8. Yes

So, you're able to view and buy new DLC if you navigate through the SEN site, right? The lack of content for the in-game store is known for sure, I can reassure you on that and will be fixed. The workaround is to do purchasing/browsing on the PSN/SEN store directly.

I guess, I should've asked specifically also though, whether the import pack shows up at all even when browsing SEN/PSN store or when doing the first setup of the game where it pops up the in-game prompt. I'll amend that in my original post.

DjPelle
11-05-2013, 07:16 PM
So, you're able to view and buy new DLC if you navigate through the SEN site, right? The lack of content for the in-game store is known for sure, I can reassure you on that and will be fixed. The workaround is to do purchasing/browsing on the PSN/SEN store directly.

I guess, I should've asked specifically also though, whether the import pack shows up at all even when browsing SEN/PSN store or when doing the first setup of the game where it pops up the in-game prompt. I'll amend that in my original post.

9.Import pack did not shown up on SEN Store and not on the in game store! And also not online over the PC.
10. Yes
11. Yes redirects me to the in game store packs section but the section is empty.

JAYDEE6969
11-05-2013, 08:04 PM

So if you're having issues could you post answers to these questions (Again, asking everyone having issues not just pressureuk. This is useful information):

8) Do you see the RS2014 DLC content listed online when you browse PSN for your territory? (e.g. https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/#!/en-gb/games/addons/the-smashing-pumpkins-pack/cid=EP0001-BLES01862_00-B000000000000775?smcid=sen:1979bythesmashingpumpki ns:EP0001-BLES01862_00-RS002SONG0000011:new-games) (https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/#!/en-gb/games/addons/the-smashing-pumpkins-pack/cid=EP0001-BLES01862_00-B000000000000775?smcid=sen:1979bythesmashingpumpki ns:EP0001-BLES01862_00-RS002SONG0000011:new-games)
10) Do you receive the prompt to get the import pack when you do the initial setup with a new profile in RS2014?
11) When you click on that prompt does it take you somewhere you can get the pack or is it broken at this point? And if it's broken, does your PSN ID properly match your territory?

1) UK
2) Both RS2014 and RS1 are uk discs - 2014 - BLES01862, RS1 - BLES01216
3) PSN ID is UK based
4) Within RS2014, it appears to only be RS1 DLC visible
5) No RS2014 DLC visible
6) No packs showing at all
7) PSN store has new 2014 DLC visible, and is updating weekly
8) Yes, RS2014 DLC ready to buy, single songs and Smashing Pumkins pack
9) I can not see the import pack anywhere
10) Yes, prompt came up during first time play.
11) It took me to the in game store, pack section, but is empty.

Hope that helps,

cheers

Jason

rjoensdj
11-05-2013, 08:18 PM

heres my experiences:

1) UK
2) No both UK Bluray Discs
3) Yes UK account for UK store
4) Yes can see DLC for RS1 single songs via RS2014 in-game store, RS2014 single songs or packs DLC not shown. Songs purchased on PSN (RS1 and RS2014) Store do display and can be played in-game.
5) NO not in in-game store, Initial Release songs, Smashing Pumpkins single songs and pack IS available from PSN Store
6) NO not in in-game store, Initial Release songs, Smashing Pumpkins pack IS on PSN Store. IMPORT PACK NOT on either.
7) Can see Initial Release songs, single Smashing Pumpkins tracks and Smashing Pumpkins Pack, but NOT Import Pack.
8) Initial Release songs, Smashing Pumpkins single tracks and Pack is shown, NO import pack
9) NO not in either
10) YES
11) Goes to in-game store, but then says NO ITEMS CURRENTLY AVAILABLE

Thanks for asking us such simple, obvious but needed questions.. most sensible support anyone has had so far!

PekkaM
11-05-2013, 08:56 PM
Seriously, how can UBI support be this clueless? How about actually hiring a gamer for once to take care of gamers. It's like some kind of f***ing broken machine, no matter how carefully you explain, they just repeat the same old FAQ's...

Squirrelly Ninja:
Same as the above, I'm in EU with EU copy of RS2014 and EU RS. I can see the new song downloads in PSN store. I cannot see the new song downloads in the ingame store. I cannot see the import tool anywhere.

You MUST have someone working in Europe with an actual access to a PS3, this game and PSN Store. Why don't have him do the work?

EnergyNED
11-05-2013, 09:13 PM

1. EU Netherlands
2. No and No. Rocksmith is BLES01216 and Rocksmith 2014 is BLES01862
3. Yes
4. Yes, i see some of the Rocksmith DLC
5. No
6. No
7. Yes, i see all of the DLC through the PSN store
8. Yes
9. No
10. Yes
11. It takes me to the packs section which is empty.

Yonda1960
11-05-2013, 09:31 PM

1) UK EU
2) Own both RS1 and RS2014, both installed on PS3 on the same account - have RS1 savegame on PS3
3) Yes
4) Yes, just RS1 single songs in in-game store
5) No, not in the in game store, but yes outside game in PSN store
6) No, not in game store - the packs option returns no items. Yes, outside game in PSN store
7) Yes, both RS1 and RS2014 single items and packs
8) Yes
9) No, not in-game, online, or in PSN store
10) Yes, but no pack was available to purchase
11) Takes you to packs which is empty - yes my PSN ID does properly match territory.

LewisH08
11-05-2013, 09:45 PM

1) Australia
2) No. When pressing import RS1 it told me there are no such packs.
3) Yes
4) Old ones yes, new ones, no.
5) Not in the game
6) No, not in PSN store, not in the game
7) Yes, no packs though.
8) Yes
9) No
10) Yes, but "No packs found" message appears
11) It is broken

Rutg3rO
11-05-2013, 10:29 PM
Europe (The Netherlands)
No, bought in store
Yes
Yes
No
No
Yes
No
No
Yes
It takes me to store/packs and no items are available. Yes, I only have one profile. And it's EU.

Jadiou
11-05-2013, 10:56 PM

1) EU (Finland)
2) My both games are from EU territory. RS: BLES-01216 RS14: BLES-01862
3) Yes
4) I see the Rocksmith 1 DLC there.
5) No
6) The Packs section is empty
7) Yes I see the RS14 DLC in PSN Store (Not the Import Tool thought)
8) Yes.
9) No.
10) Yes.
11) It takes me to the Packs section in Shop but there is nothing there. And my PSN ID matches my territory.

garymid1969
11-05-2013, 11:39 PM

1) UK
2) Both RS2014 and RS1 are uk discs - 2014 - BLES01862, RS1 - BLES01216
3) PSN ID is UK based
4) Within RS2014, it appears to only be RS1 DLC visible
5) No RS2014 DLC visible
6) No packs showing at all
7) PSN store has new 2014 DLC visible, and is updating weekly
8) Yes, RS2014 DLC ready to buy, single songs and Smashing Pumpkins pack
9) I can not see the import pack anywhere
10) Yes, prompt came up during first time play.
11) It took me to the in game store, pack section, but is empty.

Robert_Tlse
11-05-2013, 11:56 PM
Can't be bothered to test everything ..it should be evident from all the problems cited that RS1 import outside of USA ..is Whacked !

Me:
FR: PS3
FR: RS1
FR: RS2014

Account registered ..don't remember UK, US, FR ??? Anyways, i entered France in the country choice wherever i signed up, so that should be enough.

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/802640-Where-is-the-Import-Rocksmith-1-tracks-pack
http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/802735-EU-original-RS-on-disk-import-tool-not-found-in-PSN-store-or-in-the-in-game-store

canonical40
11-06-2013, 12:27 AM
1. UK
2. Installed from CD purchased from Amazon UK - both RS1 and RS2014
3. Yes, UK account.
4. In RS1 game store i can see some but not all of the RS1 songs and packs. e.g. Blondie track not visible.
In RS2014 game store I can see some RS1 songs but no RS2014 songs. I cannot see any packs (either RS1 or RS2014).
In PSN stgore I can see all songs and packs except for the RS1 Import pack.
5. Only see RS2014 DLC in PSN store not in game store.
6. Only see RS2014 DLC packs in PSN store not in game store.
7. Can see all songs and packs in PSN store except for the RS1 import pack.
8. Yes.
9. No, cannot see in either.
10. It did prompt when I first installed RS2014 but my internet link was down so could not accept prompt.
11. See 10.

rwilson1982
11-06-2013, 12:41 AM

I'm slightly bemused by this post. It has been 2.5 weeks since the game launched and you're still trying to articulate what the problem is? Don't Ubisoft have a European office? Without being cheeky, can't you get someone to hook up a PS3 in Europe and try and the import procedure for themselves?

Regardless:

1) What territory are you in? UK
2) Did you import RS2014? Did you import RS1? I have disc for RS1 and RS 2014 (BLES-01216 and BLES-01862 respectivley)
3) Is the PSN account you're using properly matched to the territory your game belongs to? Yes (Both UK)
4) Are you seeing ANY DLC at all? On PSN Store I can see all DLC including Smashing Pumpkins but with the exception of the RS1 Song Importer. In-game store I can see existing RS1 DLC content under Songs but not new DLC (e.g. Smashing Pumpkins). The Packs and Expansions section is empty and a message to check again later.
5) Are you seeing ANY NEW RS2014 DLC at all? Only on PSN store but not in the in-game Shop. There is no RS1 song importer on either PSN or the in-game shop.
6) Are you seeing ANY RS2014 DLC PACKS at all (Smashing Pumpkins, Iron Maiden, Import Pack) Again, the packs are only available on PSN store, not in the in-game shop. But please note the Import Pack is an exception which is not available on PSN or in-game shop!!
7) Are you seeing ANY RS2014 DLC through PSN itself rather than with the in-game SHOP? (In all aforementioned circumstances). The PSN store contains everything except the RS1 Song Importer.
8) Do you see the RS2014 DLC content listed online when you browse PSN for your territory? (e.g. https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/#!/en-gb/games/addons/the-smashing-pumpkins-pack/cid=EP0001-BLES01862_00-B000000000000775?smcid=sen:1979bythesmashingpumpki ns:EP0001-BLES01862_00-RS002SONG0000011:new-games) Yes, with the exception of the RS1 Song Import pack.

9) Can you see the import pack in the PSN store or in-game SHOP or online? It can not be seen anywhere!
10) Do you receive the prompt to get the import pack when you do the initial setup with a new profile in RS2014? Yes, we get the prompt, but it fails to import, presumably because the pack is not visible anywhere.
11) When you click on that prompt does it take you somewhere you can get the pack or is it broken at this point? And if it's broken, does your PSN ID properly match your territory? It does not navigate away from the menus screen, it just fails saying it is unavailable (or words to that effect). My PSN ID / Region are both UK.

Would a YouTube video demonstrating the issue be helpful?

SquirrellyNinja
11-06-2013, 12:46 AM
I'm slightly bemused by this post. It has been 2.5 weeks since the game launched and you're still trying to articulate what the problem is? Don't Ubisoft have a European office? Without being cheeky, can't you get someone to hook up a PS3 in Europe and try and the import procedure for themselves?

Regardless:

2) Did you import RS2014? Did you import RS1? I have disc for RS1 and RS 2014 (BLES-01216 and BLES-01862 respectivley)
3) Is the PSN account you're using properly matched to the territory your game belongs to? Yes (Both UK)
4) Are you seeing ANY DLC at all? On PSN Store I can see all DLC including Smashing Pumpkins but with the exception of the RS1 Song Importer. In-game store I can see existing RS1 DLC content under Songs but not new DLC (e.g. Smashing Pumpkins). The Packs and Expansions section is empty and a message to check again later.
5) Are you seeing ANY NEW RS2014 DLC at all? Only on PSN store but not in the in-game Shop. There is no RS1 song importer on either PSN or the in-game shop.
6) Are you seeing ANY RS2014 DLC PACKS at all (Smashing Pumpkins, Iron Maiden, Import Pack) Again, the packs are only available on PSN store, not in the in-game shop. But please note the Import Pack is an exception which is not available on PSN or in-game shop!!
7) Are you seeing ANY RS2014 DLC through PSN itself rather than with the in-game SHOP? (In all aforementioned circumstances). The PSN store contains everything except the RS1 Song Importer.
8) Do you see the RS2014 DLC content listed online when you browse PSN for your territory? (e.g. https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/#!/en-gb/games/addons/the-smashing-pumpkins-pack/cid=EP0001-BLES01862_00-B000000000000775?smcid=sen:1979bythesmashingpumpki ns:EP0001-BLES01862_00-RS002SONG0000011:new-games) Yes, with the exception of the RS1 Song Import pack.

9) Can you see the import pack in the PSN store or in-game SHOP or online? It can not be seen anywhere!
10) Do you receive the prompt to get the import pack when you do the initial setup with a new profile in RS2014? Yes, we get the prompt, but it fails to import, presumably because the pack is not visible anywhere.
11) When you click on that prompt does it take you somewhere you can get the pack or is it broken at this point? And if it's broken, does your PSN ID properly match your territory? It does not navigate away from the menus screen, it just fails saying it is unavailable (or words to that effect). My PSN ID / Region are both UK.

Would a YouTube video demonstrating the issue be helpful?

It's not so instantaneous and easy to coordinate with Sony Europe on matters like this. Since this is a store matter there are a lot of moving parts and we're trying to figure where the changes need to be made. There may only be so much we can do on our end.

randomas
11-06-2013, 01:10 AM

1) EU Italy
2)No and NO
3) I think so, I think have an EU-italian account but keep En-GB language, it may be setup for EU-UK, but wouldn't know where to check, PSN store appears in Italian.
4) All RS1 DLC in ingame store, RS2014 all DLC (as of yet not maiden) in the PSN store.
5) I see All DLC released on EU PSN RS1 ingame, RS2014 in PSN store
6) I see Smashing Pumpkins pack (Maiden not released yet), and import pack is not visible anywhere.
7) I see all DLC released on EU PSN in the PSN store. (not the import pack of course)
8) I see all RS2014 DLC bar the import pack
9)No
10) Yes
11) Yes it takes me to the ingame store packs section that is empty and tells me to come back later. I definitely have an EU account, unsure whether UK or IT.

Please give us some news as to what is going on. Thankyou.

rwilson1982
11-06-2013, 02:03 AM
It's not so instantaneous and easy to coordinate with Sony Europe on matters like this. Since this is a store matter there are a lot of moving parts and we're trying to figure where the changes need to be made. There may only be so much we can do on our end.

Can you clarify should the RS1 Song Importer pack be available on PSN or is it in-game shop only? If it is supposed to be available on PSN, why is it any different from other DLC you have released since launch (e.g. Smashing Pumpkins 5-pack), which is visible on PSN?

Sony's reply to me was that you, Ubisoft, were responsible for the timing of release of content on PSN.

TummyBanana
11-06-2013, 02:46 AM
Why are you bothering to answer these questions surely ubis**t must be aware of the problem by now. Do you really belive no one at ubi**t has wondered why no one in europe has bought the RS1 import tool? Surely some one has noticed.
No one seems to know who's responsible for the problem untill Sony stop blaming ubis**t and ubis**t stop blaming sony, no one is going to do anything about the problem, might be awhile before this gets sorted. I'm retuning my RS 2014 to amazon for a full refund until this is sorted, the songs in the original RS were better anyway. Who knows, once it is sorted in a couple of months, (best estimate) used copies will be in the shops. Rumors are that an update will wipe any progress made anyway.
TB

Shano_aus
11-06-2013, 02:46 AM
1.) Australia

2.) RS2014 is definitely Aus release. I honestly can't remember if I bought a US version of RS1, but I was buying US DLC using my US PSN account at times when the dollar was high. I also bought Aus DLC from the Aus PSN store. I never purchased DLC through the RS1 in-game shop. All RS1 DLC showed up in-game when I was logged in to my Aus PSN account, as this is my main gaming account. I own both games on disc, not downloaded through PSN.

3.) See above - I have both a US and Aus PSN account.

4-10.) RS2014, logged in to Aus PSN account - in-game shop shows SOME DLC in Songs, but none of the Smashing Pumpkins DLC (as of 4/11/2013). Interestingly, I get a notification on the splash screen in-game telling me that Smashing Pumpkins DLC is now available from the shop - but it doesnt show up. There is nothing in Packs or Expansions. Smashing Pumpkins DLC is in the Aus PSN store though, but no RS1 Import Tool can be found.

RS2014, logged in to US PSN account - in-game shop shows NO DLC at all. All DLC songs show up in US PSN store, but no RS1 Import Tool is listed.

11.) I've tried setting up 2 new RS2014 profiles; the first didnt bring up the prompt; the second, I clicked the prompt but it took me nowhere. This was on the weekend (2/11) using my Aus PSN account.

SquirrellyNinja
11-06-2013, 03:34 AM
Can you clarify should the RS1 Song Importer pack be available on PSN or is it in-game shop only? If it is supposed to be available on PSN, why is it any different from other DLC you have released since launch (e.g. Smashing Pumpkins 5-pack), which is visible on PSN?

Sony's reply to me was that you, Ubisoft, were responsible for the timing of release of content on PSN.

The ideal situation should be where it's not visible on PSN (as it's supposed to be restricted to owners of RS1 not any ol' buyer for licensing reasons) but it appears in-game in the SHOP under Packs if conditions are met and it detects the save data from RS1.

I'm not too surprised that Sony's general customer support might respond in this way. That's a blanket response which probably covers similar issues in lots of cases.

But no, it's not simply an issue of our Ubisoft release timing and we're at a point where we're working with Sony Europe on this as we're pretty sure we'll need their help to make some kind of change also for this fix to occur. Rest assured we're working on it. And, yes, to those naysayers there is value is gathering more information about the situation rather than just being aware of the situation. I'd venture the guess that if we had simply posted "We're aware of the situation and we're looking into it" that not many people have been satisfied. I hope you all can understand that we're doing everything in our limits to expedite this fix and get to the bottom of things. Gathering more information to confirm our suspicions and get a firm grasp of the situation is part of that.

voigtstrPS3
11-06-2013, 03:53 AM

1) What territory are you in? Australia
2) Did you import RS2014? No Did you import RS1? No
3) Is the PSN account you're using properly matched to the territory your game belongs to? Yes
4) Are you seeing ANY DLC at all? Seeing DLC purchased in RS1 available in 2014 (eg David Bowie - Space Oddity)
5) Are you seeing ANY NEW RS2014 DLC at all? stuff purchased from external Sony Store (smashing pumpkins DLC for example)
6) Are you seeing ANY RS2014 DLC PACKS at all (Smashing Pumpkins, Iron Maiden, Import Pack) no packs at all in game
7) Are you seeing ANY RS2014 DLC through PSN itself rather than with the in-game SHOP? (In all aforementioned circumstances) yes purchased smashing pumpkins pack from PSN store
8) Do you see the RS2014 DLC content listed online when you browse PSN for your territory? (e.g. https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/#!/en-gb/games/addons/the-smashing-pumpkins-pack/cid=EP0001-BLES01862_00-B000000000000775?smcid=sen:1979bythesmashingpumpki ns:EP0001-BLES01862_00-RS002SONG0000011:new-games) loads fine, prices are in pounds though, not Australian dollars
9) Can you see the import pack in the PSN store or in-game SHOP or online? no
10) Do you receive the prompt to get the import pack when you do the initial setup with a new profile in RS2014? Yes
11) When you click on that prompt does it take you somewhere you can get the pack or is it broken at this point? And if it's broken, does your PSN ID properly match your territory? takes you to the pack screen, then there are no packs.

new issue noticed last night... in lead guitar from the smashing pumpkins pack I can only play 1979, the other tracks are displayed with X next to them.

MrKareem33
11-06-2013, 04:24 AM
I can confirm the exact same issue as 'Shano_aus', in my ANZ (AUS) account, except I've never had any US DLC/Account active on my PS3/User Login.

Graffin_G
11-06-2013, 04:54 AM

1) What territory are you in? Australia (but also have a UK PSN account)
2) Did you import RS2014? Did you import RS1? I imported both from the UK - I bought the guitar bundles. RS1 is BLES01216. RS2014 is BLES01862.
3) Is the PSN account you're using properly matched to the territory your game belongs to? Yes. Australia shares its store and content with that of the UK and Europe, but I have tested it on both accounts.
4) Are you seeing ANY DLC at all? The DLC i've bought previously, yes.
5) Are you seeing ANY NEW RS2014 DLC at all? Only in the AU and UK PSN Stores. There's nothing appearing in the RS2014 in-game store.
6) Are you seeing ANY RS2014 DLC PACKS at all (Smashing Pumpkins, Iron Maiden, Import Pack) Not in the in-game store, and No Import Pack in the AU or UK PSN Store either.
7) Are you seeing ANY RS2014 DLC through PSN itself rather than with the in-game SHOP? (In all aforementioned circumstances) Yes, it's on the PSN, except for the Import Pack, "Tighten Up" by The Black Keys, "I Hate Everything About You" by Three Days Grace, the free holiday pack songs, and also the new Hotei Songs that the US got this week. All of these are on the PS3 in the US and available worldwide on the XBOX. Contact SCEE!
8) Do you see the RS2014 DLC content listed online when you browse PSN for your territory? (e.g. https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/#!/en-gb/games/addons/the-smashing-pumpkins-pack/cid=EP0001-BLES01862_00-B000000000000775?smcid=sen:1979bythesmashingpumpki ns:EP0001-BLES01862_00-RS002SONG0000011:new-games) Yes, but not the songs/packs mentioned in question 7.

9) Can you see the import pack in the PSN store or in-game SHOP or online? Neither.
10) Do you receive the prompt to get the import pack when you do the initial setup with a new profile in RS2014? Yes, but when it goes to the store, it says there is no content available at this time. Obviously, the files aren't there for us to buy/download. Contact SCEE!
11) When you click on that prompt does it take you somewhere you can get the pack or is it broken at this point? And if it's broken, does your PSN ID properly match your territory? It's broken. Harmonix had the same issues with its Import/Export keys and missing/disappearing content, they too had to chase it up with Sony & SCEE.

This is a case where the developer needs to chase this missing content up with SCEE (SONY). Harmonix (who made Rock Band) were constantly having to do that because of missing and disappearing content.

C'mon... it's been 3 weeks since RS2014 was released. Then there's all of the previous missing content... "Tighten Up", "I Hate Everything About You", the free holiday songs, and now the Hotei Songs as well. They're available worldwide on the XBOX 360 and on the PS3 in the US... how about doing the same for those of us not in the US (eg. UK/Europe/Australia).

I've asked about the missing songs numerous times on Facebook and Twitter and never once received a response.

xboxmyst
11-06-2013, 05:45 AM
Bit of a cheek to have to pay for songs you already have, then they can't even supply the upgrade pack.

Fortunately RS2014 is vast improvement over RS1, but honestly we paying twice for both RS and the content.

B

chitonx
11-06-2013, 06:50 AM
This is a let down.. im about to spend on this game.. for the first time..
for the sake of survey

1) What territory are you in? UAE
2) Did you import RS2014? Did you import RS1? import? i have both game on cd format
3) Is the PSN account you're using properly matched to the territory your game belongs to? its an EU game and ps3 and my account is UAE
4) Are you seeing ANY DLC at all? in game.. none, on PSN store yes, both rs1 rs2014. import tool... none
5) Are you seeing ANY NEW RS2014 DLC at all? in PSN store yes
6) Are you seeing ANY RS2014 DLC PACKS at all (Smashing Pumpkins, Iron Maiden, Import Pack) PSN store yes
7) Are you seeing ANY RS2014 DLC through PSN itself rather than with the in-game SHOP? (In all aforementioned circumstances) PSN yes... in game None.
8) Do you see the RS2014 DLC content listed online when you browse PSN for your territory? (e.g. https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwo...0011:new-games) UAE PSN yes

9) Can you see the import pack in the PSN store or in-game SHOP or online? nothing on both
10) Do you receive the prompt to get the import pack when you do the initial setup with a new profile in RS2014? yes.. but if you click the pack it says "no available content..." same goes with songs and gear
11) When you click on that prompt does it take you somewhere you can get the pack or is it broken at this point? And if it's broken, does your PSN ID properly match your territory? "no available content" shows up

Yonda1960
11-06-2013, 07:24 AM
The ideal situation should be where it's not visible on PSN (as it's supposed to be restricted to owners of RS1 not any ol' buyer for licensing reasons) but it appears in-game in the SHOP under Packs if conditions are met and it detects the save data from RS1.

I'm not too surprised that Sony's general customer support might respond in this way. That's a blanket response which probably covers similar issues in lots of cases.

But no, it's not simply an issue of our Ubisoft release timing and we're at a point where we're working with Sony Europe on this as we're pretty sure we'll need their help to make some kind of change also for this fix to occur. Rest assured we're working on it. And, yes, to those naysayers there is value is gathering more information about the situation rather than just being aware of the situation. I'd venture the guess that if we had simply posted "We're aware of the situation and we're looking into it" that not many people have been satisfied. I hope you all can understand that we're doing everything in our limits to expedite this fix and get to the bottom of things. Gathering more information to confirm our suspicions and get a firm grasp of the situation is part of that.

We do appreciate you're trying to sort things out, and gathering the info you have is the first step. I think, by now, you should be aware that:

1) No PS3 owners in who use the EU PSN store can see the import tool inside the game under packs even though they have a RS1 savegame, from the same territory, on their PS3.
2) DLC packs for RS2014 are not available in the RS2014 packs section of the in game shop (i.e Smashing Pumpkins), but are available outside the game in the PSN store.

With those 2 pieces of information you should be able to target what's wrong in my opinion.

FirstOfTwo
11-06-2013, 08:23 AM

1) Switzerland (Europe ;))
2) No, No (both are local versions, bought in the same store)
3) Yes
4) Yes (individual songs, but no packs or extensions)
5) I'm not sure which songs are new 2014 DLC, but I don't think so. I don't see any Smashing Pumpkins or Iron Maiden songs. As far as I understand it, I see 2014 versions of the original RS songs. Their description contains the text (translated back from German): "This song has been licenced for the original version of Rocksmith. It is compatible with Rocksmith 2014. For this content the most current version of Rocksmith 2014 is required. Included arrangements will differ..."
6) No (I get the in-game news for the new Smashing Pumpkins songs and pack, though). In fact, I'm not seeing ANY packs, not even the ones of the original RS.
7) No, none of them can be found in the PSN store. All the packs from the original RS are there, though.
8) No (the only new content added within the last 30 days is RS2014 itself)
9) No
10) Yes
11) It takes me to the in-game shop where it tells me that no packs are available and I should come back later. Yes, my PSN ID matches my territory.

Additional comment: The original Rocksmith had very similar problems. At least when it came out in Switzerland, I (and others) was not able to see any packs in the in-game shop, though I got the in-game announcements for new packs. After some (too many ;)) weeks this got fixed. Similar problem, similar solution?

wolfor_t_a
11-06-2013, 09:58 AM

I think this is the same info you got from the others, but nevertheless:
1) Germany
2) nope, both blurays bought in Germany
3) yes, everything's German (except the language, that English)
4) Yes, only the songs for Rocksmith1
5) Not in the Ingame store, though the RS2014 songs I bought from the PSN store are available in my Song list
6) No packs or extensions at all
7) Yes, I can find all new DLC, except the newest Iron Maiden songs/pack (weren't they supposed to be released today?) and the Importtool is missing there as well
8) Yes, I can find all new DLC, except the newest Iron Maiden songs/pack (weren't they supposed to be released today?) and the Importtool is missing there as well
9) No, no and no
10) Yes, but it leads me to the empty packs section of the ingame store
11) No its the empty packs section, no further option but to acknowledge the empty section and to check back later. How do I know if my PSN ID matches my territory? I guess it does, I didn't even know you can set a different territory. But I did change the systemwide language to English, which changes every game to English as well. Does that count?

Magpies1990
11-06-2013, 10:03 AM
1) What territory are you in? Australia
2) Did you import RS2014? No Did you import RS1? No
3) Is the PSN account you're using properly matched to the territory your game belongs to? Yes
4) Are you seeing ANY DLC at all? Yes RS1 and RS2 songs only
5) Are you seeing ANY NEW RS2014 DLC at all? stuff purchased from external Sony Store (smashing pumpkins DLC for example) yes
6) Are you seeing ANY RS2014 DLC PACKS at all (Smashing Pumpkins, Iron Maiden, Import Pack) no packs. Tells me to check later. No expansions. Same deal
7) Are you seeing ANY RS2014 DLC through PSN itself rather than with the in-game SHOP? (In all aforementioned circumstances) yes
8) Do you see the RS2014 DLC content listed online when you browse PSN for your territory? Yes in USD
9) Can you see the import pack in the PSN store or in-game SHOP or online? No
10) Do you receive the prompt to get the import pack when you do the initial setup with a new profile in RS2014? Yes briefly but there was not a clear option to do anything at this point. My guitar was not plugged in and it took me to a plug in screen and then the RS1 was gone

goosfrabaaaah
11-06-2013, 11:04 AM
What territory are you in?

EU (UK specifically)

Did you import RS2014? Did you import RS1?

Nope, neither is importing, The DLC is in Rocksmith 2014, but no packs in the shop are available

Is the PSN account you're using properly matched to the territory your game belongs to?

Yes

Are you seeing ANY DLC at all?

Yes, just songs in the in game shop (no packs or anything else, just loose songs), in the PSN store I see packs and songs of RS1 and RS2014 but NOT the RS1 import pack

Are you seeing ANY NEW RS2014 DLC at all?

Yes

Are you seeing ANY RS2014 DLC PACKS at all (Smashing Pumpkins, Iron Maiden, Import Pack)

No packs at all in in game shop

Are you seeing ANY RS2014 DLC through PSN itself rather than with the in-game SHOP? (In all aforementioned circumstances)
Yes, evertyhing appears in the PSN store, just not in the in game shop (WITH EXCEPTION OF THE IMPORT PACK, WHICH THIS THREAD IS ABOUT)

Do you see the RS2014 DLC content listed online when you browse PSN for your territory? (e.g. https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwo...0011:new-games)

yes, just not the import pack as mentioned above

​Import pack specific questions

Can you see the import pack in the PSN store or in-game SHOP or online?

No

Do you receive the prompt to get the import pack when you do the initial setup with a new profile in RS2014?

Yes, takes me to the in game shop and then get message no packs are available

When you click on that prompt does it take you somewhere you can get the pack or is it broken at this point? And if it's broken, does your PSN ID properly match your territory?

See above, takes me to th ein game shop where I get the message no packs are currently available. my psn id matched my territory.

Just get this sorted, been taken more than two weeks now and Ubi support is just terrible in trying to comprehend the problem.
ITs seems more than obvious what the problem is, the import pack, or any packs for that matter are not showing up in the in game store for EU and ANZ.

EnergyNED
11-06-2013, 11:09 AM

Well forgive us for being skeptical, but for the last 3 weeks the answers to the questions 9.10 and 11 have been given numerous times now.

KingOfIce
11-06-2013, 11:22 AM
1) What territory are you in? EU (France)
2) Did you import RS2014? No
4) Are you seeing ANY DLC at all? Yes
5) Are you seeing ANY NEW RS2014 DLC at all? yes but only in PSN Store (not in ingame store)
6) Are you seeing ANY RS2014 DLC PACKS at all ? yes but only in PSN Store (no pack - old or new - in ingame store)
7) Are you seeing ANY RS2014 DLC through PSN itself rather than with the in-game SHOP? yes
8) Do you see the RS2014 DLC content listed online when you browse PSN for your territory? Yes in €
10) Do you receive the prompt to get the import pack when you do the initial setup with a new profile in RS2014? Yes but i'm redirected on ingame store where there's no pack...
11) When you click on that prompt does it take you somewhere you can get the pack or is it broken at this point? cf 10)

bobbymcsteels
11-06-2013, 11:32 AM
1) What territory are you in? EU United Kingdom
2) Did you import RS2014? Did you import RS1? Both copies of Rocksmith are on UK discs and no hence this
4) Are you seeing ANY DLC at all? DLC is visible and playable in game but new DLC is not visible on the in game store whereas the old DLC is
5) Are you seeing ANY NEW RS2014 DLC at all? Only after purchased from the PSN store and not in game store, new DLC tracks ARE playable
6) Are you seeing ANY RS2014 DLC PACKS at all (Smashing Pumpkins, Iron Maiden, Import Pack) No packs listed in the 'Packs' option of the in game store
7) Are you seeing ANY RS2014 DLC through PSN itself rather than with the in-game SHOP? (In all aforementioned circumstances) Yes except the Import tool
8) Do you see the RS2014 DLC content listed online when you browse PSN for your territory? (e.g. https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwo...0011:new-games) Yes except the Import tool

10) Do you receive the prompt to get the import pack when you do the initial setup with a new profile in RS2014? Yes, but gives the same message as browsing normally, 'No packs, check later'
11) When you click on that prompt does it take you somewhere you can get the pack or is it broken at this point? And if it's broken, does your PSN ID properly match your territory? It takes me to the in game store but as answered above PSN id matches territory

I'm not quite sure how this is going to help.

mirage1810
11-06-2013, 11:47 AM
Surely Ubisoft you have had your support teams in the affected countries actually buy a disc from the shop and insert a 2014 RS disc into a PS3 and see what we are experiencing? This questionnaire seems like another barrier. Maybe if we return our game back to the retailers as it doesn't do what was advertised and we know how much retailers like giving money back maybe then there complaints will get action.

TedJackson
11-06-2013, 12:02 PM
1 - EU (specifically UK)
2 - Both are UK purchases
3 - Yes
4 - Yes (both in-game and in the PSN store for both Rocksmith and Rocksmith 2014)
5 - Yes (both in-game and in the PSN store)
6 - Only in the PSN Store and online (both Smashing Pumpkins & Iron Maiden packs) - in-game gives "There are no items currently available. Please check back later for new content." error message
7 - Yes (both Smashing Pumpkins & Iron Maiden packs and single songs)
8 - Yes (both Smashing Pumpkins & Iron Maiden packs and single songs)
9 - No, not in any shop!
10 - Yes
11 - No, I get the standard "There are no items currently available. Please check back later for new content." error message.

These results were all obtained within the last 15 minutes.

Barred
11-06-2013, 12:24 PM
1 - EU (specifically UK)
2 - Both are UK purchases
3 - Yes
4 - Yes (both in-game and in the PSN store for both Rocksmith and Rocksmith 2014)
5 - Yes (both in-game and in the PSN store)
6 - Only in the PSN Store and online (both Smashing Pumpkins & Iron Maiden packs) - in-game gives "There are no items currently available. Please check back later for new content." error message
7 - Yes (both Smashing Pumpkins & Iron Maiden packs and single songs)
8 - Yes (both Smashing Pumpkins & Iron Maiden packs and single songs)
9 - No, not in any shop!
10 - Yes
11 - No, I get the standard "There are no items currently available. Please check back later for new content." error message.

These results were all obtained within the last 15 minutes.

I am the same as above..

bobbymcsteels
11-06-2013, 01:02 PM
Surely Ubisoft you have had your support teams in the affected countries actually buy a disc from the shop and insert a 2014 RS disc into a PS3 and see what we are experiencing? This questionnaire seems like another barrier. Maybe if we return our game back to the retailers as it doesn't do what was advertised and we know how much retailers like giving money back maybe then there complaints will get action.

I'm with you mate, enough support tickets have been created highlighting this problem already, this all seems futile. Black_Widow9 can you explain what is actually going on and why it is only the EU and ANZ that has been affected yet the rest of the world is fine? It seems like Ubisoft are doing nothing about this but avoid the situation. If you let us know what is going on you'll find a lot less people as p**ssed off as they are already.

sh1kamaru-
11-06-2013, 01:08 PM
We do appreciate you're trying to sort things out, and gathering the info you have is the first step. I think, by now, you should be aware that:

1) No PS3 owners in who use the EU PSN store can see the import tool inside the game under packs even though they have a RS1 savegame, from the same territory, on their PS3.
2) DLC packs for RS2014 are not available in the RS2014 packs section of the in game shop (i.e Smashing Pumpkins), but are available outside the game in the PSN store.

With those 2 pieces of information you should be able to target what's wrong in my opinion.

Pretty much this, I’m not sure it will be useful if hundreds of people post the exact same answers here, so unless someone has a different issue (which should probably be handled in a different thread) I don’t think it’s useful to keep posting the same thing.

I think a more sensible thing would that everyone concerned subscribe to this thread so you don’t miss any heads-up from an insider at ubisoft.

just my 2 cents

nadeboy22
11-06-2013, 01:13 PM
Ugh. I am so disappointed in Ubisoft. My buddy is rocking the RS1 songs on his Xbox already. But nothing for me in the EU PSN.

And what is this nonsense about having to get more information for Ubi to investigate??!?!. It is easy. They have European offices. Get a PS3, play the game, check ingame for the pack and you will see it's not there. Really, how difficult is it?

Ive been patient, thinking with yesterday's PSN update it would be resolved, but this is getting rediculous. Two weeks after release and still not resolved. Shame on you, Ubi!

I use the South African PSN store, have a RS1 save on my PS3 and yes, have the local RS1 and RS2014 purchased and downloaded from PSN.

Ubi, get your butts in gear and sort this out ASAP!! :(

daddy_felix
11-06-2013, 01:38 PM
Ive been patient, thinking with yesterday's PSN update

the eu psn update is always wednesday

TedJackson
11-06-2013, 01:44 PM
This is probably a localisation/product ID lockup so I wouldn't expect to get any user-oriented fix. Ubisoft's best move would be to review the in-game shop code and compare the US version to the EU version, hopefully spotting a typo that's brought the house crashing down.

This whole fiasco doesn't inspire any confidence in Ubisoft's Quality Control processes. So the sooner they wipe the egg off their face the better!

randomas
11-06-2013, 01:51 PM
If you want to know what could be going on and how these things work this is the
Missing DLC in EU PSN ROckband3 specific thread (http://www.rockband.com/forums/showthread.php?t=216515)
The issue I had with them starts at #348 and ends at #408, the interesting stuff is here. (http://www.rockband.com/forums/showthread.php?t=216515&page=39)

nadeboy22
11-06-2013, 01:55 PM
the eu psn update is always wednesday

O dang! Yes, you are 100% correct! I must be getting old. My sincerest apologies!

So let's hope tonight we can all have access to the RS1 import pack! :)

nadeboy22
11-06-2013, 01:56 PM
If you want to know what could be going on and how these things work this is the
Missing DLC in EU PSN ROckband3 specific thread (http://www.rockband.com/forums/showthread.php?t=216515)
The issue I had with them starts at #348 and ends at #408, the interesting stuff is here. (http://www.rockband.com/forums/showthread.php?t=216515&page=39)

Thanks! :)

Ah, SCEE. No surprises there.

sh1kamaru-
11-06-2013, 02:13 PM
yeah, if I ever get a next-generation console, it probably won’t be a PS4, Sony can’t afford doing that in the US, because Microsoft is american, but here in Europe they have been really disappointing. I bet the guys at SCEE must be either really understaffed or plain incompetent, or both…

I had forgotten about Bombtrack pro-guitar, but Rush’s 2112 is still stuck into my throat…

daddy_felix
11-06-2013, 02:20 PM
So let's hope tonight we can all have access to the RS1 import pack! :)

I don't think so. If they already had a solution, they would have told us. Seems as if they're still investigating the problems.

stellios1712
11-06-2013, 02:49 PM
So it seems that the update has been done. I have already downloaded the Iron Maiden pack but there is still no sign of the importer pack. Haven't bothered to check the in-game shop. The situation is simple. This is something that should have been resolved at day 1 and the devs are still trying to figure out what is going on.
I give up and forget about the importer hoping that I will come across it out of the blue. It is tormenting to keep reading the same things and the same complaints without any official information yet. I don't really care if Sony is to blame or Ubisoft. Both sides seem to be indifferent.
Regarding the update I can't see the Hotei pack pack yet. I mean, in the US they have presented two packs judging by what I have seen in other threads - the 5-pack IM one and the Hotei one. In Europe we only get the IM one (phew, luckily). I probably wouldn't get the Hotei pack but some people would and they are not even given the chance. Of course it's early and maybe the update is still in progress but it is clear to me that the EU customers are treated like second grade ones compared to the US customers.
Anyway, there are much bigger problems in life but it's annoying when somehing that is supposed to be funny and entertaining turns out to be irritating...

randomas
11-06-2013, 03:26 PM
The only consolation is that the ones loosing money on this are ubi and scee sohopefully they're gonna want to fix it.

Spike2069
11-06-2013, 03:36 PM
Hi. I'm also in the same boat as everyone else. I have the correct region, neither copy was an import and I have an RS1 save. I really appreciate that you guys are trying to solve this, but I do find the problem incredible. Even in the days of RS1 I, like many others, had to bypass the in-game store to buy the DLC I wanted from the PS Store. So, to provide the RS1 track import tool as an exclusive in-game store DLC, that is unavailable through the PS store is asking for trouble unless you're confident that you've ironed out the kinks in the in-game store. This clearly isn't the case.

However, I am very grateful that you are working on this issue and can see that you're now aware of the extent of the pack's unavailability. I look forward to the eventual resolution of this hiccup and would like to thank you for an otherwise wonderful game.

DjPelle
11-06-2013, 04:21 PM
So the EU DLC Update is online. But like before, still NO RS2014 DLC Content visible in the In-Game-Rocksmith Store. And , i dont think that i Need to say that, NO Import disc Tool.

But good News for me, my new guitar has arrived :D

Rutg3rO
11-06-2013, 04:43 PM
But good News for me, my new guitar has arrived :D

Pictures or it didn't happen ;)

DjPelle
11-06-2013, 04:56 PM
Pictures or it didn't happen ;)

My new Les Paul Costum Pro alpine White from Epiphone ( didnīt have nearly 4000€ for the one from Gibson :( )

http://img10.imageshack.us/img10/1174/66v1.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/10/66v1.jpg/)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us (http://imageshack.us)

Rutg3rO
11-06-2013, 05:00 PM
/like (sorry for the off-topicness ;)

Graffin_G
11-06-2013, 05:35 PM
It's obvious the files aren't there for us to buy and download. Even the game is telling us there is no content available at this time. Harmonix (Rock Band's developers) had the same issues with missing/disappearing content and had to constantly chase it up with SCEE/Sony.

C'mon... it's been 3 weeks since RS2014 was released and still no Import Pack. Then there's all of the previous missing content... "Tighten Up" by the Black Keys, "I Hate Everything About You" by Three Days Grace, the free holiday songs, and now the Hotei Songs that were released this week in the US on the PS3. They're available worldwide on the XBOX 360 and on the PS3 in the US... how about doing the same for those of us not in the US (eg. UK/Europe/Australia)???

I've asked about the missing songs numerous times on Facebook and Twitter and never once received a response. Please make the Import Pack and those missing songs available for us in the UK/Europe and Australia!

randomas
11-06-2013, 05:43 PM
It's obvious the files aren't there for us to buy and download. Even the game is telling us there is no content available at this time. Harmonix (Rock Band's developers) had the same issues with missing/disappearing content and had to constantly chase it up with SCEE/Sony.

C'mon... it's been 3 weeks since RS2014 was released and still no Import Pack. Then there's all of the previous missing content... "Tighten Up" by the Black Keys, "I Hate Everything About You" by Three Days Grace, the free holiday songs, and now the Hotei Songs that were released this week in the US on the PS3. They're available worldwide on the XBOX 360 and on the PS3 in the US... how about doing the same for those of us not in the US (eg. UK/Europe/Australia)???

I've asked about the missing songs numerous times on Facebook and Twitter and never once received a response. Please make the Import Pack and those missing songs available for us in the UK/Europe and Australia!

It really does look like the RB3 DLC debacle all over agian (http://www.rockband.com/forums/showthread.php?t=216515)... I hope they find a better way to sort it out, hopefully they have more leverage than Harmonix did.

nadeboy22
11-06-2013, 06:38 PM
It's simple. Ubisoft just released a massive game - Assasins Creed: Black Flag that is their bread and butter.

Who cares about a little game called Rocksmith and tiny EU based customer base complaining about some silly DLC? They are throwing all their resources at attending to anything related to Assassins Creed :( /sarcasm

So I have no hope of the import tool showing up anytime soon. Oh well, will spend my time trying to get that intro to Cemetary Gates down pat in the mean time. Lol!

nadeboy22
11-06-2013, 06:42 PM
My new Les Paul Costum Pro alpine White from Epiphone ( didnīt have nearly 4000€ for the one from Gibson :( )

http://img10.imageshack.us/img10/1174/66v1.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/10/66v1.jpg/)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us (http://imageshack.us)

Congrats! That is a beauty!!!

randomas
11-06-2013, 06:45 PM
It's simple. Ubisoft just released a massive game - Assasins Creed: Black Flag that is their bread and butter.

Who cares about a little game called Rocksmith and tiny EU based customer base complaining about some silly DLC? They are throwing all their resources at attending to anything related to Assassins Creed :( /sarcasm

So I have no hope of the import tool showing up anytime soon. Oh well, will spend my time trying to get that intro to Cemetary Gates down pat in the mean time. Lol!

Don't waste your sarcasm ;) , that is pretty verbatim what the helpline lady told me... They're overburdened by ACBF support requests at the moment ...

PekkaM
11-06-2013, 06:47 PM
Don't waste your sarcasm ;) , that is pretty verbatim what the helpline lady told me... They're overburdened by ACBF support requests at the moment ...

Encouraging to hear that it has loads of problems too... :|

Jug0n4Ever
11-06-2013, 06:55 PM
I got a reply on twitter, good news, better than nothing... https://twitter.com/charles_ea/status/398063087817097216

SquirrellyNinja
11-06-2013, 08:02 PM
I'm with you mate, enough support tickets have been created highlighting this problem already, this all seems futile. Black_Widow9 can you explain what is actually going on and why it is only the EU and ANZ that has been affected yet the rest of the world is fine? It seems like Ubisoft are doing nothing about this but avoid the situation. If you let us know what is going on you'll find a lot less people as p**ssed off as they are already.

In a nutshell: Because SCEA and SCEE are different entities and they way they do things are different and separate. That's why there's an issue with EU/ANZ currently and not with North America/other places. The issue is places under the purview of SCEE.

DjPelle
11-06-2013, 08:15 PM
In a nutshell: Because SCEA and SCEE are different entities and they way they do things are different and separate. That's why there's an issue with EU/ANZ currently and not with North America/other places. The issue is places under the purview of SCEE.

Do u got any news for us EU players?

Rutg3rO
11-06-2013, 09:09 PM
Finally a non standard (copy save game to usb, remove saves, start game etc) on my support ticket!

Het probleem dat er zich bij u voordoet is bij ons bekend.
Er word aan een oplossing gewerkt.
Wanneer dit probleem is opgelost komt de oplossing op onze ondersteuning sectie van de website te staan

Rough translation ; )

The problem that you encounter is known to us.
We are working on a solution.
When we have solved the problem, the solution will be displayed on the support section of our website.

So finally that side of support is starting to take it seriously. Now we just wait and wonder :)

Magpies1990
11-06-2013, 10:47 PM
Rough translation ; )

So finally that side of support is starting to take it seriously. Now we just wait and wonder :)[/QUOTE]

Yeah I think that is a start. The trouble is that for this game to be successful - and therefore make them want to bother making RS15 - we need to be telling people how great it is. All of us bought it early (some on preorder). Think about what you would tell a friend if they asked you "should I buy RS14?". These issues leave a sour taste. I don't think that UBI are doing enough to make it up ATM.

f42425
11-06-2013, 11:26 PM
It is really pathetic. Instead of searching and searching for weeks to fix an absolutely needless ingame shop, Ubisoft should put the RS 1 Importpack into PSN to download out of Rocksmith. Useless DRM policy because only a savegame is needed.

rwilson1982
11-07-2013, 12:01 AM
I'm inclined to agree, can you not just put import pack on PSN? It could be up there within a week? The in-game shop is borked. Not only is the RS1 song importer missing but also there is no new DLC appearing in it (either Pumpkins or Maiden). As someone alluded to, the save game check is also superficial anyway. Otherwise we're going to have to wait for a patch because there is no user fix for this. I mean, are you even anywhere near patching this problem yet?

pleasurekillers
11-07-2013, 04:11 AM
Here's a weird one. UK PS3. RS1 bought in the UK. RS2014 bought in US. Still accessing UK PSN Store while living in the US.

1) What territory are you in? --USA--
2) Did you import RS2014? --Bought in US-- Did you import RS1? --Bought in the UK--
3) Is the PSN account you're using properly matched to the territory your game belongs to? --No. UK PS3 but living in US now--
4) Are you seeing ANY DLC at all? --Only in PSN UK Store--
5) Are you seeing ANY NEW RS2014 DLC at all? -- Only in PSN UK Store--
6) Are you seeing ANY RS2014 DLC PACKS at all (Smashing Pumpkins, Iron Maiden, Import Pack) --Only in PSN UK Store--
7) Are you seeing ANY RS2014 DLC through PSN itself rather than with the in-game SHOP? (In all aforementioned circumstances) --Yes. I see all the DLC--
8) Do you see the RS2014 DLC content listed online when you browse PSN for your territory? (e.g. https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwo...0011:new-games) --Yes--

Graffin_G
11-07-2013, 05:48 AM

Exactly. And, that's what UbiSoft/Rocksmith need to acknowledge (and let us know about any such delays). SCEE was constantly screwing up DLC releases for Rock Band. SCEA in the US would release everything without delays, but there were times where we'd have to wait weeks for SCEE to catch up. Harmonix was constantly having to contact them and re-push/re-submit songs so those of us outside the US would get them on the PS3 eventually. UbiSoft/Rocksmith need to do the same or they'll end up with a lot of angry gamers.

I mean, i've been asking about "Tighten Up", "I Hate Everything About You" and the free holiday songs ever since they were released, and never once received a reply on Facebook or Twitter from UbiSoft or Rocksmith. They don't seem to have very good customer support. They can't offer me a simple reply to that?

DjPelle
11-07-2013, 08:46 AM
Here's a weird one. UK PS3. RS1 bought in the UK. RS2014 bought in US. Still accessing UK PSN Store while living in the US.

1) What territory are you in? --USA--
2) Did you import RS2014? --Bought in US-- Did you import RS1? --Bought in the UK--
3) Is the PSN account you're using properly matched to the territory your game belongs to? --No. UK PS3 but living in US now--
4) Are you seeing ANY DLC at all? --Only in PSN UK Store--
5) Are you seeing ANY NEW RS2014 DLC at all? -- Only in PSN UK Store--
6) Are you seeing ANY RS2014 DLC PACKS at all (Smashing Pumpkins, Iron Maiden, Import Pack) --Only in PSN UK Store--
7) Are you seeing ANY RS2014 DLC through PSN itself rather than with the in-game SHOP? (In all aforementioned circumstances) --Yes. I see all the DLC--
8) Do you see the RS2014 DLC content listed online when you browse PSN for your territory? (e.g. https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwo...0011:new-games) --Yes--

But if u now live in the us why u don't make an us acc?

Graffin_G
11-07-2013, 08:54 AM
That probably won't work. Even though the PS3 is region free when it comes to games, the DLC is region locked (and the Import Pack is essentially DLC)... being either NTSC (US/Canada) or PAL (Australia/NZ/UK/Europe).

Unless both the Rocksmith and Rocksmith 2014 discs are from the same region, you're going to run into problems. That's been my been my experience with other games like Guitar Hero and Rock Band. I think the only way he'll be able to get the Rocksmith 1 songs into Rocksmith 2014 is to create a US account and buy the Import Pack through the US Store, but if the Import Pack requires the presence of savedata from an NTSC version Rocksmith 1... it may not work.

DjPelle
11-07-2013, 09:07 AM
That probably won't work. Even though the PS3 is region free when it comes to games. The DLC is region locked (and the Import Pack is essentially DLC)... being either NTSC (US/Canada) or PAL (Australia/NZ/UK/Europe).

Unless both the Rocksmith and Rocksmith 2014 discs are the same region, I don't think you'll be able to import the original songs regardless of what account you play Rocksmith 2014 on. That's been my experience with other games like Guitar Hero and Rock Band.

I got an US Acc too for my US games and I have no problems 2 access the US Store with it. If he create an US Acc for RS 2014 he can get the DLC Songs for the game but not the import pack. If he tries to get the dlc for the us version of the game from the uk store that won't work. It's like u said, for the import tool both versions need to be from the same region. But for the different region PSN/SEN Stores it doesn't matter from which region your console is, Not like the x360 which is ip based, only your acc opens u the door to the different stores. If u create an Japanese acc u will redirect in the Japanese store ;)

And I also had tried a few days ago my EU Version with my US Acc for the import tool to get. Game works with US Acc but each section of the in game store is shown as empty. Also no RS1 songs in the song section because there is no BLES content in the US Store. Hope that helps a lil bit and u understand what I mean ;)

Graffin_G
11-07-2013, 09:13 AM
I got an US Acc too for my US games and I have no problems 2 access the US Store with it. If he create an US Acc for RS 2014 he can get the DLC Songs for the game but not the import pack. If he tries to get the dlc for the us version of the game from the uk store that won't work.

Yeah, I updated my post to be a bit more clear. It definitely won't work if he buys the Import Pack (if it's ever available) from the UK PSN Store because the US copy of Rocksmith 2014 will ignore any PAL DLC. If he creates a US account, it may work, but we don't know if the Import Pack requires the presence of the original Rocksmith savedata file or not.

DjPelle
11-07-2013, 09:26 AM
Yeah, I updated my post to be a bit more clear. It definitely won't work if he buys the Import Pack (if it's ever available) from the UK PSN Store because the US copy of Rocksmith 2014 will ignore any PAL DLC. If he creates a US account, it may work, but we don't know if the Import Pack requires the presence of the original Rocksmith savedata file or not.

But I can test that maybe later to play with PAL RS1 and RS2014 under my US Acc but I know that it will not work to get the import tool that way.

voigtstrPS3
11-07-2013, 09:29 AM
hey all. if you have logged a support ticket, is it currently on hold? As a status, what does on hold even mean? Shouldn't it be "in progress" or something similar?

daddy_felix
11-07-2013, 09:33 AM
I mean, i've been asking about "Tighten Up", "I Hate Everything About You" and the free holiday songs ever since they were released, and never once received a reply on Facebook or Twitter from UbiSoft or Rocksmith. They don't seem to have very good customer support. They can't offer me a simple reply to that?

This is about the missing import pack. You really don't have to mention these songs in every single post you write here. It gets really annoying.

BdW_Teldan
11-07-2013, 10:35 AM
- Europe / Germany

- No. I ordered both as german editions on Amazaon.de /Rocksmith Guitar Bubdle and Rocksmith 2014 with cable)

- It says Language: German, County: German, in the Account Information, i dont know where to look alsewhere for territory setttings.
But my account is quite old because i used it for the gfirst MMOs from SOE.

- Ingame: Queen Pack and RS1 Songs but only under Songs, the Pack menu ist empty
PSN Store: RS1 Songs and packs, RS2014 Songs and packs, but no import pack

- Ingame: no, no new Songs and the pack menu point is empty, same as the "Erweiterungen" menu point
PSN Store: RS2014 Songs and packs, but no import pack

- Ingame: no the pack menu point is empty, and under Songs i only see RS1 songs and one queen pack
PSN Store: yes, the iron

- yes, Iron Maiden and Smashing Pumpkins packs

8) Do you see the RS2014 DLC content listed online when you browse PSN for your territory? (e.g. https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwo...0011:new-games)
- yes: Songs and Packs, but not the import pack, and it seems like one Iron Maiden song is missing as single song that is in the pack. '2 Minutes To Midnight' is not showing up as single song

- no

- yes

- i answered yes and the game pointed me to the empty pack category in the ingame store, it says "loading packs" and after that "no entries" or similar
My account Isays Language: German, County: German, in the Account Information, i dont know where to look alsewhere for territory setttings.
But my account is quite old because i used it for the gfirst MMOs from SOE.#

I hope you can find the error soon.

Rutg3rO
11-07-2013, 10:57 AM
hey all. if you have logged a support ticket, is it currently on hold? As a status, what does on hold even mean? Shouldn't it be "in progress" or something similar?
I think the "on hold" status refers to the action that the first line support people have to do. They are on-hold for now since it's out of their hands. When the second/third/fourth support line comes back with the fix, the status of the first line will be updated. AT least, that's my guess ;)

Graffin_G
11-07-2013, 11:06 AM
This is about the missing import pack. You really don't have to mention these songs in every single post you write here. It gets really annoying.

Sheesh... I apologise for annoying you. The only reason I repeat myself is that when they look into the Import Pack, they could also look into the other missing content that the US has on the PS3 that us AU/EU/UK users don't.

TedJackson
11-07-2013, 01:25 PM
Sheesh... I apologise for annoying you. The only reason I repeat myself is that when they look into the Import Pack, they could also look into the other missing content that the US has on the PS3 that us AU/EU/UK users don't.
Have you ever considered that it's a licensing issue? Just saying!

Shano_aus
11-07-2013, 02:52 PM
I got an US Acc too for my US games and I have no problems 2 access the US Store with it. If he create an US Acc for RS 2014 he can get the DLC Songs for the game but not the import pack. If he tries to get the dlc for the us version of the game from the uk store that won't work. It's like u said, for the import tool both versions need to be from the same region. But for the different region PSN/SEN Stores it doesn't matter from which region your console is, Not like the x360 which is ip based, only your acc opens u the door to the different stores. If u create an Japanese acc u will redirect in the Japanese store ;)

And I also had tried a few days ago my EU Version with my US Acc for the import tool to get. Game works with US Acc but each section of the in game store is shown as empty. Also no RS1 songs in the song section because there is no BLES content in the US Store. Hope that helps a lil bit and u understand what I mean ;)

OK - did some further investigation tonight.

I DID import RS1 from the US, and it would appear that I bought all of my DLC through the US PSN, not the AU. So that may be part of my particular problem - I can confirm that when logged into my AU PSN account, the game doesn't show any of my purchased RS1 DLC songs in the Learn A Song list - which I thought they were supposed to be automatically picked up without the Import tool?

The AU in-game shop is still not showing any Smashing Pumpkins or Iron Maiden DLC songs, despite the notification coming up after starting the game that the Iron Maiden Pack is available. Packs and Expansions still both completely empty.

ALSO - the AU PSN store is only showing 20 add-ons for RS14, whereas the US PSN store is showing 24 - the Hatei DLC is missing from the AU PSN store completely - as of 10 minutes ago.

QUESTION: what determines which Rocksmith/Ubisoft store the game logs into? Is it the region of the disc? ie if I were to import a US-disc version of the game, and start the game while logged in to my US PSN account, would going to the in-game Shop take me to the US one which isn't having issues with the Disc Import tool? Or would it pick up from my IP address and take me to the same shop my Aus disc is currently?

Otherwise I think I'll give up on the PS3 and all these region issues, and just make the switch completely to Steam and PC.

Graffin_G
11-07-2013, 03:04 PM
Have you ever considered that it's a licensing issue? Just saying!

Nah mate, I don't think it is. The Three Days Grace track is available in the Metal Rock Pack (which is a lil pricey), it's just not available individually.

I'm fairly certain they said a long time ago on Facebook that eventually all of the songs would be made available in PAL territories, so those few are either oversights, or SCEE's screwed up again (witnessed that countless times over the years that I was buying Rock Band DLC).

DjPelle
11-07-2013, 03:07 PM

I DID import RS1 from the US, and it would appear that I bought all of my DLC through the US PSN, not the AU. So that may be part of my particular problem - I can confirm that when logged into my AU PSN account, the game doesn't show any of my purchased RS1 DLC songs in the Learn A Song list - which I thought they were supposed to be automatically picked up without the Import tool?

The AU in-game shop is still not showing any Smashing Pumpkins or Iron Maiden DLC songs, despite the notification coming up after starting the game that the Iron Maiden Pack is available. Packs and Expansions still both completely empty.

ALSO - the AU PSN store is only showing 20 add-ons for RS14, whereas the US PSN store is showing 24 - the Hatei DLC is missing from the AU PSN store completely - as of 10 minutes ago.

QUESTION: what determines which Rocksmith/Ubisoft store the game logs into? Is it the region of the disc? ie if I were to import a US-disc version of the game, and start the game while logged in to my US PSN account, would going to the in-game Shop take me to the US one which isn't having issues with the Disc Import tool? Or would it pick up from my IP address and take me to the same shop my Aus disc is currently?

Otherwise I think I'll give up on the PS3 and all these region issues, and just make the switch completely to Steam and PC.

what determines which Rocksmith/Ubisoft store the game logs into?For example if u use the EU Version with US Account the ingame store is empty because the us store checks your disc id(EU BLES01862) and so also the in-game Store does not find Content for your disc

Is it the region of the disc?Discīs are "Region free" it only the disc id does not match 2 the dlc id

ie if I were to import a US-disc version of the game, and start the game while logged in to my US PSN account, would going to the in-game Shop take me to the US one which isn't having issues with the Disc Import tool?Yes the in-game store works than normally but for the Import tool u also Need RS 1 US Version and a savegame of that Version on your US Account

] Or would it pick up from my IP address and take me to the same shop my Aus disc is currently?No if u create for example an japanese account it will direct you to the japanese store. On the xbox360 that is different. But doesnt matter right now :D

Graffin_G
11-07-2013, 03:13 PM

If you imported RS1 from the US, and you had a US copy of RS2014, then everything would be sweet, but because you bought the RS1 DLC (which is NTSC), it won't appear in your PAL copy of RS2014. Only DLC you purchase from the AU/EU/UK PSN Stores will appear in RS2014.

To answer your question - if you boot up the game whilst you're logged into your master account (mine is Australia), then the in-game store will be the AU/EU/UK one. If you log into your US account and boot the game from there, and use the in-game store, it will display the contents of the US store.

You're quite right... the US got an extra song pack this week, that's why their PSN Store shows 24 add-ons and the AU/UK PSN Store only shows 20. I only checked the US Store to see if the Import Pack appeared in the PSN Store (which it doesn't).

The Hotei Song Pack contains the following songs (also available individually) : Bambina, Battle Without Honor Or Humanity, Thrill

TummyBanana
11-07-2013, 03:47 PM
**MOVED**

Just left this on half a dozen review sites
"seems good to begin with but glitches start to show. Best to wait for update before buying to avoid frustration"

Surgest you all do something like this. The pen is mightier than the sword (especially if it is a 2 meter long pen)
TB ( .v. )

Shano_aus
11-07-2013, 04:55 PM
Thanks DjPelle & Graffin_G.

Given I imported a US version of RS1, and bought my DLC for RS1 through the US PSN, maybe I'll give importing a US RS2014 disc a go - my DLC should transfer over automatically, and I should be able to access the Disc Import tool from the US in-game shop. Just means I'm restricted to having to continue to purchase all future DLC through the US PSN store.

I may have to seriously evaluate switching to PC and Steam....becomes a question of $$ vs effort I guess.

goosfrabaaaah
11-07-2013, 07:49 PM
So they have now finally killed the complete in game shop on my ps3 :)
Yesterday I couldn't get packs and expansions (got the all familiar `no content available` message) but I could go into songs.

Now even the songs don't work any more....

I now can't purchase anything any more inside the game....hahaha....

That's fixing the problem isn't it ...NOT......

Well. at least I got the Maiden pack in the psn store so it'll keep me busy for a bit..
Seriously Ubisoft...what's going on..
You just managed to make something more broke than it already was....

Anyone else have the issue they can't see songs anymore in the in game shop where it used to work just fine earlier?:confused::confused:

DjPelle
11-07-2013, 07:59 PM
Yesterday I couldn't get packs and expansions (got the all familiar `no content available` message) but I could go into songs.

Well. at least I got the Maiden pack in the psn store so it'll keep me busy for a bit..

Anyone else have the issue they can't see songs anymore in the in game shop where it used to work just fine earlier?:confused::confused:

Maybe it's because of the maintenance of the PSN today?

toymachinesh
11-07-2013, 08:02 PM
lol yeah PSN is going down for like 7 hours today

http://www.polygon.com/2013/11/6/5072222/11-hour-psn-maintenance-scheduled-for-nov-7

f42425
11-07-2013, 08:12 PM
We have to ally alltogether to claim ubisoft to patch the ingame shop away and put everything to the PSN including the RS1 Importer. I cant even figure out the need of this shop only to seperate packs from Songs and expansions... In era of bying through PC or Smartphone in PSN to not waste time at the console, this shop is antiquated. Sorry for my bad English, but i think I could transfered my message.

DjPelle
11-07-2013, 08:31 PM
lol yeah PSN is going down for like 7 hours today

http://www.polygon.com/2013/11/6/5072222/11-hour-psn-maintenance-scheduled-for-nov-7

Maybe we have a little bit luck and after that the store works correct :P

goosfrabaaaah
11-07-2013, 08:42 PM
well, I can get into the psn store, so it's not maintenance..
unless something is partially locked..
Let's keep fingers crossed and hope that it gets sorted after this mysterious blackout :)

randomas
11-07-2013, 08:55 PM
I have it in maintenance too, let's. hope they fix it.

Hachimaki_63
11-07-2013, 09:23 PM

Same thing here (France).
I was away from home for 4 days (training for my work), hoping for a fix when I'll be back.

Pitiful, really pitiful :(

xboxmyst
11-07-2013, 10:17 PM
Would be nice to not have cross region issues confusing this problem. If you bought RS1 NTSC region and then RS2 PAL, that's not this thread's problem. I purchased RS1 for Australia knowing I was paying more than double so there would be no problems in DLC. Most people here have PAL RS1 and PAL RS2 but the import pack does not appear.

B

mrcnk
11-07-2013, 10:32 PM
At least Ubisoft acknowledges the problem. Last time I opened a ticket for missing metal gear pack (RS1 DLC f/PS3 in Europe) I was told I should contact SCEE myself. After a few iterations with arrogant lady from London Ubisoft support site I capitulated.

TummyBanana
11-08-2013, 12:33 AM
I have it in maintenance too, let's. hope they fix it.

Nice to see we as customers are not important enough to be told what is going on. It's quite obvious the ubi rep's on this site are also being kept in the dark. As they seem to know as much about the problem as us, which is diddly squat

This is the last time I rush out and buy a ubis**t game in the month of release.

Had to laugh today, after sending RS 2014 back to Amazon, saying the game didn't do as it said it should, I got another in the post today. Sent it back using their returns collection service. Perhaps if more of us returned the game, ubis**t would make it a priority to do something. It could be a while, it's not called 2014 for nothing. LoL

Going to wait until it is all sorted, and pick one up from the pre played bin at Game. Tunes are better on the original any way!

DjPelle
11-08-2013, 01:15 AM
for me everything is like before. The In-Game-Store still shown up no packs and 2014 Song DLC. and the mainenance must be over now :(

randomas
11-08-2013, 01:25 AM
Same here no change.

And no, I'm too busy enjoying session mode and Iron Maiden to return the game.

Graffin_G
11-08-2013, 06:46 AM
Would be nice to not have cross region issues confusing this problem. If you bought RS1 NTSC region and then RS2 PAL, that's not this thread's problem. I purchased RS1 for Australia knowing I was paying more than double so there would be no problems in DLC. Most people here have PAL RS1 and PAL RS2 but the import pack does not appear.

B

Whilst this thread is about the missing Import Pack for those of us who bought PAL copies of both Rocksmith and Rocksmith 2014, I don't see the harm in answering another user's questions, or mentioning the other missing songs (which I won't list so I don't annoy a certain someone), so whilst UbiSoft/Rocksmith are working on getting the Import Pack up on SCEE's servers, they can look into the other issues at the same time. Not just that, but UbiSoft/Rocksmith needs to let us know what's going on. If they posted in this thread that they're aware of the issue and actually doing something about it, most of us would sit back and wait for the fix.They need to start communicating with us (ie. better customer support).

I knew I should have bought US versions of Rocksmith and Rocksmith 2014... life would've been so much simpler then. Here's hoping they actually fix it, and soon!

TummyBanana
11-08-2013, 08:15 AM
Whilst this thread is about the missing Import Pack for those of us who bought PAL copies of both Rocksmith and Rocksmith 2014, I don't see the harm in answering another user's questions, or mentioning the other missing songs (which I won't list so I don't annoy a certain someone), so whilst UbiSoft/Rocksmith are working on getting the Import Pack up on SCEE's servers, they can look into the other issues at the same time. Not just that, but UbiSoft/Rocksmith needs to let us know what's going on. If they posted in this thread that they're aware of the issue and actually doing something about it, most of us would sit back and wait for the fix.They need to start communicating with us (ie. better customer support).

I knew I should have bought US versions of Rocksmith and Rocksmith 2014... life would've been so much simpler then. Here's hoping they actually fix it, and soon!

Customer support ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

The only thing that motivates these types of companies is the fear of sales being damaged. The best thing we can do is try to slow down sales, tell your mates about the games failings, post comments on review sites ( google Rocksmith 2014 reviews). If we do not act now expect an update in the middle of next year, saying 'Due to licenceing laws in Europe the import pack will not be available here, here's a bunch of tracks you've never heard of in compensation'. I have spoken to friend in London who works for sonys music division and this is a likely reason only Europe is affected.

So get on the review sites now, or this thread will still be running way in to 2014 (unless it is locked by moderators, which happens when things get a bit sticky for ubisoft). This is what happend on the the other thread on this subject, apparently to stop us getting confused! (You have a right to be insulted)

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/802640-Where-is-the-Import-Rocksmith-1-tracks-pack/page15

Google ' Rocksmith 2014 reviews' and have your say

Jug0n4Ever
11-08-2013, 09:47 AM
'Due to licenceing laws in Europe the import pack will not be available here, here's a bunch of tracks you've never heard of in compensation'.

I don't think so. XBoxers don't have this problem...

Nao Higo (ubi producer) is talking about these problems in his twitter account.
https://twitter.com/naohigo/status/398613135705141249

daddy_felix
11-08-2013, 10:01 AM
'Nao Higo (ubi producer) is talking about these problems in his twitter account.
https://twitter.com/naohigo/status/398613135705141249

no. he's talking about the hotei dlc that was released this week. He does not mention the rs1 import pack

Jug0n4Ever
11-08-2013, 10:36 AM
Yes, he mentions it, read the all thread...

daddy_felix
11-08-2013, 11:21 AM
oh, sorry...

toymachinesh
11-08-2013, 11:29 AM

The only thing that motivates these types of companies is the fear of sales being damaged. The best thing we can do is try to slow down sales, tell your mates about the games failings, post comments on review sites ( google Rocksmith 2014 reviews). If we do not act now expect an update in the middle of next year, saying 'Due to licenceing laws in Europe the import pack will not be available here, here's a bunch of tracks you've never heard of in compensation'. I have spoken to friend in London who works for sonys music division and this is a likely reason only Europe is affected.

So get on the review sites now, or this thread will still be running way in to 2014 (unless it is locked by moderators, which happens when things get a bit sticky for ubisoft). This is what happend on the the other thread on this subject, apparently to stop us getting confused! (You have a right to be insulted)

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/802640-Where-is-the-Import-Rocksmith-1-tracks-pack/page15

Yes, start a smear campaign and hurt the developers because of SCEE et al's failings. Great idea m8

SquirrellyNinja
11-08-2013, 11:54 AM

This has absolutely nothing to do with licensing and everything to do with different entities of Sony managing PSN in different territories which means we're not dealing with one single entity that can guarantee a worldwide push when we try to coordinate these things.

TummyBanana
11-08-2013, 11:59 AM
Yes, start a smear campaign and hurt the developers because of SCEE et al's failings. Great idea m8

Thank you I can not take all the credit though.

Who said it as a SCEE problem, no one with any authority.

Your comment underlines the problem, no one is telling us anything, and that is the fault of both parties m8

Wrathchild4312
11-08-2013, 12:07 PM

Your comment underlines the problem, no one is telling us anything, and that is the fault of both parties m8

I think we can safely bet it is a PS EU problem. I've seen it many times before with items on their store, Sony titles being delayed here in the EU and sometimes games not even being released here but have been in the US. This is one reason why I ditched my PS3 and went back to the PC for my gaming. Time after time Sony have said it is to do with licensing, language barriers etc. If that was the case how come Microsoft seem to get stuff released on time in the EU and same with PC titles.

TummyBanana
11-08-2013, 12:09 PM
This has absolutely nothing to do with licensing and everything to do with different entities of Sony managing PSN in different territories which means we're not dealing with one single entity that can guarantee a worldwide push when we try to coordinate these things.

Like I said we need someone in authority to tell us what the problem is

Could you point me in the direction this information came from so I can redirect my questions,

Jug0n4Ever
11-08-2013, 12:27 PM

I have mentioned this (https://twitter.com/charles_ea/status/398063087817097216) in this threat but people don't read...

Nao Higo (Ubisoft producer) replied my tweet saying that they are trying to solve thos problem with SCEE so it's a problem with SCEE
Told by someone with all world's authority...

Wrathchild4312
11-08-2013, 12:51 PM
Like I said in my previous post, all of this is SCEE's problem. Everybody who owns RS should start emailing and pestering them to get a reply. There was a problem with the last Rocksmith where some DLC took weeks to appear on the PS store. The problem I can foresee is that Sony will the blame Ubi and then Ubi will say it's a Sony problem, a vicious circle that will keep going round and round.

TummyBanana
11-08-2013, 02:24 PM
Bottom line. we paid Ubisoft for a product that did not do as advertised our gripe is with them. If your new car broke down and the dealer said ' oh yes sir it your drive shaft here's the phone number of the company who made it give them a call. You would be right to be miffed

Ubisoft have your money. They have the responsibility to get this sorted. They must be laughing now they have managed to convince a few people it not their fault

Rembered Ubisoft have your money not Sony

TummyBanana
11-08-2013, 02:27 PM
I have mentioned this (https://twitter.com/charles_ea/status/398063087817097216) in this threat but people don't read...

Nao Higo (Ubisoft producer) replied my tweet saying that they are trying to solve thos problem with SCEE so it's a problem with SCEE

Oh someone at Ubisoft said it. It must be true then
Was this the same company that said we would be able to download RS1 content to our RS2014 game. I think it was

PekkaM
11-08-2013, 02:36 PM
Ingame shop today: No new songs, no song packs, no epansions. (No alarms) and no surprises here... :(

Is this the same old Ubi blaming Sony and Sony blaming Ubi all over again?

wolfor_t_a
11-08-2013, 02:38 PM
Oh someone at Ubisoft said it. It must be true then

Why don't you stop trolling around for a change? I agree its very annoying that this feature is not yet available in EU/ANZ.
But you yourself demanded an official statement on that from Ubi, you got two already.
You might as well accept that, because ranting around will not do anything to help on this problem, and constantly bashing people who are not even to blame for it is even counterproductive.

rwilson1982
11-08-2013, 03:00 PM

I wouldn't mind knowing exactly what the problem is with SCEE. I mean, that Import pack was never meant to appear on PSN, it is only meant to appear in the in-game shop. So what exactly is the problem here? Is it that the pack hasn't been uploaded by Sony? Is it that the in-game shop is an epic fail using the web service URL / parameter / codes whatever to pull down the shop content? The in-game shop is not just missing the Import pack it is all the song packs including previous RS1 and any new content that has been released subsequently.

If the problem is that Sony haven't uploaded, coded, processed the DLC correctly, then I will engage with Sony. If the problem is that Ubisoft has not implemented the in-game shop correctly to interface with Sony Europe CDN servers, then I will hassle Ubisoft for an emergency patch.

In the mean time, all I see is hand-wringing, sloppy shoulders and no accountability for the problem.

randomas
11-08-2013, 03:00 PM
Bottom line. we paid Ubisoft for a product that did not do as advertised our gripe is with them. If your new car broke down and the dealer said ' oh yes sir it your drive shaft here's the phone number of the company who made it give them a call. You would be right to be miffed

Ubisoft have your money. They have the responsibility to get this sorted. They must be laughing now they have managed to convince a few people it not their fault

Rembered Ubisoft have your money not Sony

Chill already... You're really annoying and not helpful in the slightest, most sensible people will not join your holy crusade against the evil UBI invader, and guess what it won't help in the slightest because the issue is in SCEE's hands, I believe this for no other reason that I know SCEE and have had other issues with them. The rocksmith devs are doing all they can to get this sorted, guess who's losing money at 10€ a pop? It's in their best interest to get it sorted, and if you think your insulting lamentous attitude will make them fix it faster, guess again. If you have other frustrations you need to take out, well take them somewhere else ... Or get a shrink.

TummyBanana
11-08-2013, 03:40 PM
Chill already... You're really annoying and not helpful in the slightest, most sensible people will not join your holy crusade against the evil UBI invader, and guess what it won't help in the slightest because the issue is in SCEE's hands, I believe this for no other reason that I know SCEE and have had other issues with them. The rocksmith devs are doing all they can to get this sorted, guess who's losing money at 10€ a pop? It's in their best interest to get it sorted, and if you think your insulting lamentous attitude will make them fix it faster, guess again. If you have other frustrations you need to take out, well take them somewhere else ... Or get a shrink.

I am not so frustrated so as to resort to personal attacks, like you obviously are, but hey ho I'll leave you to your keyboard bravery

According to Jugson4ever

If the problem is with Sony why is Nao trying to solve the problem?

goosfrabaaaah
11-08-2013, 03:42 PM
Can anyone pass me the pepper please???

Sorry, just trying to diffuse the situation by steering the conversation away from Ubisoft/Sony and ont freshly ground black pepper.... :)

This is why my nickname is Goosfrabaaaah :D

daddy_felix
11-08-2013, 04:00 PM

Because Sony can't fix it all by themselves? Sony must provide the download only for the ingame shop, not for all psn users. Ubisoft must make the ingame pack section so that it shows the import pack provided by sony. As you can see, the two parties must work together to get this right.

randomas
11-08-2013, 04:05 PM
I am not so frustrated so as to resort to personal attacks, like you obviously are, but hey ho I'll leave you to your keyboard bravery

According to Jugson4ever

Because they have to leverage and lobby the SCEE people to do their homework, because they're useless. UBI does not have direct access to the PSN store DB and SCEE don't know what to change to fix it so even though the fault lies in SCEE it's going to take both SCEE and the RS devs to fix it.

Making everyone here who's trying to help pass as a sheep blindly drinking up the UBI/SONY cool aid when you're obviously clueless may not be personal, but it is insulting.

Anyway, this isn't constructive or going anywhere, guess we just have to be patient and wait till next Wednesday ...

TummyBanana
11-08-2013, 04:24 PM
[QUOTE=Anyway, this isn't constructive or going anywhere, guess we just have to be patient and wait till next Wednesday ...[/QUOTE]

Amen to that ....

sh1kamaru-
11-08-2013, 06:17 PM
calling sony is not a good idea either, they'll take money from your call, and blame ubisoft, like they blamed harmonix, and maybe other game publisher.

anyway, agree with randomas, anger will resolve nothing, we need patience.

TummyBanana
11-08-2013, 08:39 PM
calling sony is not a good idea either, they'll take money from your call, and blame ubisoft, like they blamed harmonix, and maybe other game publisher.

anyway, agree with randomas, anger will resolve nothing, we need patience.

True True,

Anger is not good,

lets hope we don't have to be patient for to long

Am I the only one with Wednesday circled on my calendar for the next few weeks
TB

toymachinesh
11-08-2013, 09:15 PM
The thing I find funny about blaming Ubisoft is that there is no way they don't want all your money, trust me. They want it to work for you! lol

TummyBanana
11-08-2013, 10:41 PM
Ha ha ha not only did amazon send me another copy when I returned RS 2014 but I got a Ģ10 voucher too. It's true what they say, the squeaky wheel gets the grease!
Think I'll keep this copy of RS 2014 in case they ask for the tenner back lol

This may have already been mentioned but I just found out that any tracks bought in the RS2014 shop appear in RS1

wolfor_t_a
11-08-2013, 11:24 PM
This may have already been mentioned but I just found out that any tracks bought in the RS2014 shop appear in RS1

You mean you bought some old RS1 DLC's via the RS2014 store and they show up in both versions? This is good to know! I was about to buy some more of the old songs, maybe :)

Graffin_G
11-09-2013, 06:34 AM
The issue is still being ignored on their Facebook and Twitter feeds. It's obvious that UbiSoft/Rocksmith reps/devs are checking and posting on there, but are rather selective with their replies (totally ignoring those of us outside the US).

I've witnessed missing import/export packs and missing/disappearing DLC over the Rock Band years, but at least Harmonix (the developers) actually kept us updated with the delays on their forums, so we were assured they were looking into it and would get the content eventually.

The Hotei Song Pack, the Import Pack, free holiday songs, Tighten Up, I Hate Everything About You, etc. are available in PAL regions on the XBOX Marketplace (I just checked the AU Marketplace), so it's definitely not a licensing issue. UbiSoft needs to be chasing up these issues with SCEE, and letting us know what's happening. How about posting something here in this forum UbiSoft?

You guys are right... there's nothing I/we can do but wait til the next PSN update, but UbiSoft need to be more forthcoming about any information they do have and posting it here!

TummyBanana
11-09-2013, 10:28 AM
You mean you bought some old RS1 DLC's via the RS2014 store and they show up in both versions? This is good to know! I was about to buy some more of the old songs, maybe :)

sorry I wasn't that clear, I bought 20th century boy in 2014 and it appeared in RS1, but I'm sure all tracks bought in RS1 will also appear in RS1
TB

bobbymcsteels
11-09-2013, 12:42 PM
The issue is still being ignored on their Facebook and Twitter feeds. It's obvious that UbiSoft/Rocksmith reps/devs are checking and posting on there, but are rather selective with their replies (totally ignoring those of us outside the US).

This is annoying me about news outlets like IGN, all reviews are for the US version which is working without a problem yet EU and AU versions are plagued with issues.

Import pack unavailable

In game store DLC not visible

Track phrases resting progress when you launch the game

I turned on Rocksmith yesterday, spotted that all the phrases had reset yet again and just switched it off as I'm fed up of spending so much time building up the phrases to songs I am trying to learn only to come back and have to put in the same time to build it up again. Which is one of the main features to the game that made RS1 so good.

Can anyone from Ubisoft tell me how I can return RS2014 to directly them (UK)? Quite frankly these issues should have been sorted before the launch and not ignored like they have been after launch. I'll think I'll hold off and wait for Band Fusion.

wolfor_t_a
11-09-2013, 01:32 PM
sorry I wasn't that clear, I bought 20th century boy in 2014 and it appeared in RS1, but I'm sure all tracks bought in RS1 will also appear in RS1
TB
Yea, and thats exactly how I understood it :)
I ended up buying what i wanted via the PSN store, because it was a song pack, and that is, as we know, not to be found in the 2014 store. :/ I did check though, songs that were made for 2014 do not appear in RS1, but I actually didn't expect that anyways...

daddy_felix
11-09-2013, 07:30 PM
The Hotei Song Pack

The Hotei Pack comes next week.

nadeboy22
11-10-2013, 10:27 AM
Come on Ubi!!!

Give us some official feedback!

There are 2 of your representatives on this forum - give us some details. Will the import tool FINALLY be working this coming Wednesday for EU customers???

nadeboy22
11-10-2013, 10:29 AM
Hi guys,

Lots of tickets have been opened and the issue has been well documented. Can we please get some feedback.

mirage1810
11-10-2013, 01:09 PM
Ubisoft, At least have the common courtesy to tell us the situation. We have purchased a product that DOES NOT perform as advertised. My copy is going back to the retailer. I'm now looking forward to BandFuse.

tmitch45
11-10-2013, 08:30 PM
I'm in the same position as the guys in the UK with no import pack or packs or expansions in the in game or PSN store. This is very frustrating as I only got the game as they promised you could import the RS1 songs which I think are better than the ones in RS2014 so I went with RS2014 as I would mainly play the old songs and hope for some new DLC. The excuses discussed about Assassins Creed and other larger titles is frankly BS as the company has a responsibility to all its customers and a major part of what was promised isn't working. I think we should all lobby ubisoft on every forum and social media site to resolve this problem ASAP and I think they need to think about offering their UK customers and any affected some sort of offer like a couple or free DLC songs etc by way as an apology. I have been waiting now for 3 weeks to see this appear in the game. If this doesn't appear very soon I too will be taking mine back and saving the cash for BandFuse!

Anyone know when BandFuse is out in the UK??

randomas
11-10-2013, 08:45 PM
Unfortunately I don't think that BF is putting any pressure on them at all in the EU since they're still looking for a distributor ... :(

LewisH08
11-10-2013, 09:20 PM
I'm in the same position as the guys in the UK with no import pack or packs or expansions in the in game or PSN store. This is very frustrating as I only got the game as they promised you could import the RS1 songs which I think are better than the ones in RS2014 so I went with RS2014 as I would mainly play the old songs and hope for some new DLC. The excuses discussed about Assassins Creed and other larger titles is frankly BS as the company has a responsibility to all its customers and a major part of what was promised isn't working. I think we should all lobby ubisoft on every forum and social media site to resolve this problem ASAP and I think they need to think about offering their UK customers and any affected some sort of offer like a couple or free DLC songs etc by way as an apology. I have been waiting now for 3 weeks to see this appear in the game. If this doesn't appear very soon I too will be taking mine back and saving the cash for BandFuse!

Anyone know when BandFuse is out in the UK??

Exactly the same position here. I bought RS2014 on preorder only because of RS1 import. I loved RS1 one, had no issues with it and the song list was better for me. So what am I supposed to do now after I paid $99 for a game which doesn't work as advertised? (not to mention that I have more bugs in it than I ever had in RS1)
It's been 3 weeks and they have no courtesy to reply with official statement? (other than "we are looking into it"?) I mean this is utterly appalling customer support. The whole of Europe, Australia, NZ is affected and they don't care to release a note saying that they are sorry, they screwed up and they will make it up for us? Disappointing.

TummyBanana
11-10-2013, 11:36 PM
I'm not sure the ubi reps on this forum are in the loop regarding what's going on any more than the rest of us, forums are normally a long way down the pecking order and quite often seen as a thorn in the side by most conglomerates. I am confident it will be fixed, first there will be rumours then there will be an update and all will be good. I don't think any one in this forum will be told before the rest of us. That kind of information is to important to be released via an unreliable source such as a forum. Not even one as well run as this one

Black_Widow9
11-11-2013, 01:54 AM
Hi,
I'm seeing so many misconceptions going around so I just want to straighten a few of them out.

Your feedback is important as well as your Tickets. The information that all of you post on the Forums is often read by the Developers and always passed along by Forum Managers. We write reports based on what is going on and we are in connection with them and the Support staff to try and get your issues and bugs solved. The description of what we mostly do can be found at the bottom of the Forum Rules for anyone interested but there is more involved.
http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/663954-Forum-Rules

We are aware of this issue and are working on a fix so please check this Thread as it is being updated as new information/fixes come to light.
http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/803091

Thanks

LewisH08
11-11-2013, 03:19 AM
Thank you for update BW.
Any update on ETA? I mean it is matter of days, weeks or months? If it is matter of weeks or months I'd rather return my copy of RS14 and continue playing RS1 because by the time the fix is out, I can get a used copy for half price. My preorder was based purely on the fact that I can import RS1 songs. Now I am very disappointed I paid $99 for nothing (don't get me wrong, there are great enhancements in RS14 but I also bugs and missing tens of songs)
Thanks

Black_Widow9
11-11-2013, 03:35 AM
Thank you for update BW.
Any update on ETA? I mean it is matter of days, weeks or months? If it is matter of weeks or months I'd rather return my copy of RS14 and continue playing RS1 because by the time the fix is out, I can get a used copy for half price. My preorder was based purely on the fact that I can import RS1 songs. Now I am very disappointed I paid $99 for nothing (don't get me wrong, there are great enhancements in RS14 but I also bugs and missing tens of songs)
Thanks
No actual ETA but I really doubt months. Probably more like weeks at the latest but I can't make you any promises. ;)

Boldizzle
11-11-2013, 04:54 AM
I'm only having trouble with the Import Pack so will only bother to answer those questions

1. No I can not see the Import Pack in the PSN store or the in-game SHOP
2. Yes
3. It attempts to find the Import Pack then says that no packs are available and to try again later(empty), my ID matches my territory

I'm in New Zealand. The DLC packs also don't appear in the in-game shop but I just purchase these from the PS Store itself and then it works fine.

Hope that's all the info you need, also thanks for the hard work, don't let the disgruntled customers get to you, the last couple of DLC packs you've given us has been more than enough to keep me busy while I wait for the import pack issue to be fixed. :)

sh1kamaru-
11-11-2013, 12:18 PM
No actual ETA but I really doubt months. Probably more like weeks at the latest but I can't make you any promises. ;)

RB DLC 2112 by Rush was available for EU in march 2012, instead of december, that’s a 3*months timeframe. I hope we won’t have to wait that long this time…

Kirei85
11-11-2013, 12:24 PM
1.What territory are you in?
2.Did you import RS2014? Did you import RS1?
3.Is the PSN account you're using properly matched to the territory your game belongs to?
4.Are you seeing ANY DLC at all?
5.Are you seeing ANY NEW RS2014 DLC at all?
6.Are you seeing ANY RS2014 DLC PACKS at all (Smashing Pumpkins, Iron Maiden, Import Pack)
7.Are you seeing ANY RS2014 DLC through PSN itself rather than with the in-game SHOP? (In all aforementioned circumstances)
8.Do you see the RS2014 DLC content listed online when you browse PSN for your territory? (e.g. https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwo...0011:new-games)

Import pack specific questions

1.Can you see the import pack in the PSN store or in-game SHOP or online?
2.Do you receive the prompt to get the import pack when you do the initial setup with a new profile in RS2014?
3.When you click on that prompt does it take you somewhere you can get the pack or is it broken at this point? And if it's broken, does your PSN ID properly match your territory?

1. Germany
2. No / No
3. Yes
4. In-Game only RS1 DLCs and no packs at all
5. Not In-Game
6. Not In-Game
7. Yes all EU released
8. Yes

1. No
2. Yes
3. It took me to the pack section in the in-game shop but then it only displayed nothing in there check late. Yes my PSN ID matches my territory

Hachimaki_63
11-11-2013, 12:48 PM

1. France
2. No and No
3. Yes
4. In-game only RS1 DLCs and no packs at all
5. Not In-game (but I see the announcement of new songs in the RS menu screen)
6. Not In-game
7. Yes
8. Yes
9. No
10. Yes
11. It goes to the shop packs section and says that there is nothing available. Yes.

Graffin_G
11-11-2013, 01:40 PM
Hi guys,

I don't think you understand what's going on. The simple fact of the matter is the Import Pack, Hotei Pack, even songs like "Tighten Up" by The Black Keys, "I Hate Everything About You" by Three Days Grace and the free holiday songs are available worldwide on the XBOX Marketplace, and also on the PS3 in the USA, but none of those packs/songs i've mentioned are available on the PS3 in PAL territories.

This used to occur all the time with Rock Band DLC and their disc exports. They constantly had to chase it up with SCEE and often had to re-push/re-submit some of the content because it was either missing or disappeared from the AU/EU/UK PSN Stores as well as the store that was built into the game (much like Rocksmith's).

The files simply aren't present on SCEE's servers, so even though it detects our profile and prompts us that we can import the RS1 songs into RS2014, when it checks the in-game store, there are no files present. It's the same story for the song packs and other content. None of which is showing up in the Rocksmith 2014 in-game store (even though some of it can be seen in the PSN Store).

I don't see the point of submitting a Support Ticket, nor contacting Sony. They will simply tell me to contact you.

So, could you please look into not only the missing Import Pack, but also the other songs i've mentioned?

Thank you!

voigtstrPS3
11-11-2013, 01:56 PM
Black widow, why are the service desk drudgeons still sending me to the following as a solution when the issue is still that the content is not on the EU server? By the way I'm going to reply to them by saying that their own instructions don't provide a solution for the PS3 and that its broken for EU. The rocksmith 1 disk content is still not available to me in 2014.

Things to check if you do not have access to the Disc Import Tool:
[PC] You must have the original Rocksmith on your Steam account.
[Xbox 360] [PlayStation 3] You must have a valid save game for the original Rocksmith present on your console.
[Xbox 360] [PlayStation 3] You selected Yes when asked if you had played the original Rocksmith.
[Xbox 360] If you mistakenly selected 'No' when asked if you have played Rocksmith, move your save game to a USB / external HDD and then answer 'Yes' when restarting the game. Then once you have the Tool you can move your Save back and continue your progress.

voigtstrPS3
11-11-2013, 02:15 PM
just tried again, by deleting the save files off harddisk and playstation plus, then started the game so that it would create a new profile. Went through calibration and tuning and then asked if I wanted to import the rocksmith 1 tracks. I then get "There are no items currently available. Please check back later for new content."

daddy_felix
11-11-2013, 02:18 PM
just tried again, by deleting the save files off harddisk and playstation plus, then started the game so that it would create a new profile. Went through calibration and tuning and then asked if I wanted to import the rocksmith 1 tracks. I then get "There are no items currently available. Please check back later for new content."

of course. that helps only for xbox users, it's no solution for ps3. the problem is somewhere between ubisoft and sony, there is definitively no local workaround.

br0kenclouds
11-11-2013, 02:35 PM

1. Sweden / EU
2. No / No
3. Yes, my PSN ID matches my territory
4. In-Game only RS1 DLCs and no packs at all
5. Not In-Game
6. Not In-Game
7. Yes all EU released
8. Yes

9. No
10. Yes
11. It took me to the pack section in the in-game shop but then it only displayed "nothing in there check later".

f42425
11-11-2013, 06:41 PM
1.What territory are you in? Germany
2.Did you import RS2014? Did you import RS1? BLES 01216 + BLES 01862 both UK imports
3.Is the PSN account you're using properly matched to the territory your game belongs to? DE and UK
4.Are you seeing ANY DLC at all? Only Songs
5.Are you seeing ANY NEW RS2014 DLC at all? Only Songs
6.Are you seeing ANY RS2014 DLC PACKS at all (Smashing Pumpkins, Iron Maiden, Import Pack) Only in PSN
7.Are you seeing ANY RS2014 DLC through PSN itself rather than with the in-game SHOP? (In all aforementioned circumstances) Yes
8.Do you see the RS2014 DLC content listed online when you browse PSN for your territory? (e.g. https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwo...0011:new-games) YES

1.Can you see the import pack in the PSN store or in-game SHOP or online? No, nowhere
2.Do you receive the prompt to get the import pack when you do the initial setup with a new profile in RS2014? YES, on DE and UK ACC
3.When you click on that prompt does it take you somewhere you can get the pack or is it broken at this point? And if it's broken, does your PSN ID properly match your territory? No, only the message to come back again later. Both on DE and UK ACC.

sinbaadi44
11-11-2013, 08:26 PM
2) Did you import RS2014? Did you import RS1?No, No, UK purchases
3) Is the PSN account you're using properly matched to the territory your game belongs to?YES
4) Are you seeing ANY DLC at all?YES
5) Are you seeing ANY NEW RS2014 DLC at all?YES
6) Are you seeing ANY RS2014 DLC PACKS at all (Smashing Pumpkins, Iron Maiden, Import Pack)YES, in psn store
7) Are you seeing ANY RS2014 DLC through PSN itself rather than with the in-game SHOP? (In all aforementioned circumstances)YES
8) Do you see the RS2014 DLC content listed online when you browse PSN for your territory? (e.g. https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwo...0011:new-games) YES

9) Can you see the import pack in the PSN store or in-game SHOP or online? NO
10) Do you receive the prompt to get the import pack when you do the initial setup with a new profile in RS2014? YES
11) When you click on that prompt does it take you somewhere you can get the pack or is it broken at this point? And if it's broken, does your PSN ID properly match your territory? Try again later message, and yes, I have no foreign account at all, uk resident, uk account, uk purchased game(s)

mr00droidman007
11-11-2013, 09:59 PM
1) Australia/EU
2) No RS1 DLC packs only
3) Yes
4) Yes
5) Yes
6) Only in PSN store
7) Yes
8) Yes

Import pack questions:
1) No
2) Yes
3) Unable to connect to the shop and yes my PSN account matches my territory

Graffin_G
11-12-2013, 06:47 AM
Well, I submitted a support ticket to UbiSoft regarding the Import Pack and various other songs not being available on the PS3 in PAL territories (AU/EU/UK, etc), and I actually received a reply (not much of one, but better than the sheer silence i've received on Facebook and Twitter). Here it is...

Ubisoft Support wrote:

Thank you for reporting this issue. I have sent this along through the appropriate channels for processing. If this issue is resolved, the solution will appear on the support section of our website.

This is what I wrote in the support ticket...

You wrote:

I don't think UbiSoft understands what's going on. The simple fact of the matter is the Import Pack, Hotei Pack, even songs like "Tighten Up" by The Black Keys, "I Hate Everything About You" by Three Days Grace and the free holiday songs are available worldwide on the XBOX Marketplace, and also on the PS3 in the USA, but none of those packs/songs i've mentioned are available on the PS3 in PAL territories.

This used to occur all the time with Rock Band DLC and their disc exports. They constantly had to chase it up with SCEE and often had to re-push/re-submit some of the content because it was either missing or disappeared from the AU/EU/UK PSN Stores as well as the store that was built into the game (much like Rocksmith's).

The files simply aren't present on SCEE's servers, so even though it detects our profile and prompts us that we can import the RS1 songs into RS2014, when it checks the in-game store, there are no files present. It's the same story for the song packs and other content. None of which is showing up in the Rocksmith 2014 in-game store (even though some of it can be seen in the PSN Store). Both of my Rocksmith and Rocksmith 2014 discs are from the same region.

So, could you please look into the missing Import Pack, and also the other songs i've mentioned? I've asked repeatedly on Facebook and Twitter, but never once received a reply.

A reply would be very much appreciated!

Okay, it seems they now acknowledge that the Import Pack is missing according to Facebook. They're looking into it, but still no timeframe or ETA as to when it will be available!

Jadiou
11-12-2013, 10:30 AM
I just went to the ingame store like I usually go every time I play to check. The Packs section is no longer empty!! The Iron Maiden pack and the Smashing Pumpkins pack are there now! But the single songs from RS14 are still not present and no sign of Import pack.

I just tried to delete my save file if that brings the import tool but it just brings me to the Packs section with the two packs I mentioned before..

goosfrabaaaah
11-12-2013, 10:47 AM
well, it's a good start I guess.... :)
Fingers crossed we'll have the import pack showing up there soon...

sh1kamaru-
11-12-2013, 11:06 AM
I just went to the ingame store like I usually go every time I play to check. The Packs section is no longer empty!! The Iron Maiden pack and the Smashing Pumpkins pack are there now! But the single songs from RS14 are still not present and no sign of Import pack.

I just tried to delete my save file if that brings the import tool but it just brings me to the Packs section with the two packs I mentioned before..

thanks for the heads up that's a sign things are moving in the right direction, thanks to the people at ubiisoft who are working on that issue.

DjPelle
11-12-2013, 12:06 PM

Yeah would Report that 2 right now :D Seems to be an good start hope they will fix the rest too

MrKareem33
11-12-2013, 12:30 PM
Yeah would Report that 2 right now :D Seems to be an good start hope they will fix the rest too

I can confirm the same for the ANZ territory.
There is progress being made with the in game Store bug for PS3, as the Iron Maiden and Smashing Pumpkins DLC Packs now appear!
Unfortunately I did same as DjPelle above (deleted my "Game" and "Save" Rocksmith 2014 from my PS3) in order to force a 'new' 2014 game profile to be created to prompt the import question, but the same import error as before occurs, upon answering 'yes' to import, the game automatically takes you to the packs store option, but instead of saying 'nothing available', it just lists the above two DLC packs :( Oh well, hours of game play lost (again...). Version 1.01 (58mb download) Rocksmith 2014, ANZ territoru as @ 20131112 PM.

goosfrabaaaah
11-12-2013, 12:47 PM
I can confirm the same for the ANZ territory.
There is progress being made with the in game Store bug for PS3, as the Iron Maiden and Smashing Pumpkins DLC Packs now appear!
Unfortunately I did same as DjPelle above (deleted my "Game" and "Save" Rocksmith 2014 from my PS3) in order to force a 'new' 2014 game profile to be created to prompt the import question, but the same import error as before occurs, upon answering 'yes' to import, the game automatically takes you to the packs store option, but instead of saying 'nothing available', it just lists the above two DLC packs :( Oh well, hours of game play lost (again...). Version 1.01 (58mb download) Rocksmith 2014, ANZ territoru as @ 20131112 PM.

Didn't you backup your save file first?
Next time back your save file, then you can just replace your new save with the old backup if it didn't work and you won't loose any progress :)

TummyBanana
11-12-2013, 03:31 PM

my pack section is now populated too

So what was that all about updates happening on Wednesday?

nadeboy22
11-12-2013, 03:44 PM
Maybe there is hope yet ......

DjPelle
11-12-2013, 03:44 PM
my pack section is now populated too

So what was that all about updates happening on Wednesday?

In Wednesday the PSN Store updates and the new DLC come out in Europe.

goosfrabaaaah
11-12-2013, 03:45 PM
I think the updates on Wednesday are just for the PSN store.
My guess us the Rocksmith In Game store was not communicating with the PSN store...
LEt's just hope that the import pack will show up shortly as I am really waiting for that one...

TummyBanana
11-12-2013, 05:02 PM
I think the updates on Wednesday are just for the PSN store.
My guess us the Rocksmith In Game store was not communicating with the PSN store...
LEt's just hope that the import pack will show up shortly as I am really waiting for that one...

That's how I see it

So what was that all about the problem being with Sony?

Still, good news though,

EnergyNED
11-12-2013, 05:19 PM
Same here, Iron Maiden Pack and Smashing Pumpkins Pack showing up now, but still no Import pack.

What i am still missing also is some packs from the previous Rocksmith. I see under songs all kinds of songs and one pack, the Queen pack. Shouldnt all the packs from Rocksmith be under the packs section?

Toothsaw
11-12-2013, 06:17 PM
Hi guys.
I just stumbled on this thread and I was wondering why is it so hard to have this whole damn thing working.
It seems to me that the only tracks showing up in the in-game store are the ones from Rocksmith 2013. I can't find any Smashing Pumpkins nor Iron Maiden tracks in game; the same goes for the packs for those artists. Not to mention the Import pack.
The tracks and Packs for Rocksmith 2014 are only showing in the PSN store.
Has it been fixed now?
I've been out of home for the last couple of days, so I can't check at the moment.

Any word from Ubisoft? Something more than "we're working on that", I mean...

bobbymcsteels
11-12-2013, 07:51 PM
Hi guys.
I just stumbled on this thread and I was wondering why is it so hard to have this whole damn thing working.
It seems to me that the only tracks showing up in the in-game store are the ones from Rocksmith 2013. I can't find any Smashing Pumpkins nor Iron Maiden tracks in game; the same goes for the packs for those artists. Not to mention the Import pack.
The tracks and Packs for Rocksmith 2014 are only showing in the PSN store.
Has it been fixed now?
I've been out of home for the last couple of days, so I can't check at the moment.

Any word from Ubisoft? Something more than "we're working on that", I mean...

The iron maiden and smashing pumpkin track packs are now visible in the packs option... Still no sign of the import tool but still this is progress. Although the track packs are visible on the in game store, the individual tracks are not listed in the songs option if the store.

MrKareem33
11-13-2013, 01:53 AM
Didn't you backup your save file first?
Next time back your save file, then you can just replace your new save with the old backup if it didn't work and you won't loose any progress :)

The only option my PS3 presents to me to 'backup' my save file is via PSN "Online", to which I am not a paid subscriber. Is there another way?

SquirrellyNinja
11-13-2013, 02:10 AM
The only option my PS3 presents to me to 'backup' my save file is via PSN "Online", to which I am not a paid subscriber. Is there another way?

Can you insert a USB drive or a portable hard drive and offload your save data that way? Just letting you know for reference as I don't believe the save data workaround works currently for PS3 in Europe. That's a bigger issue with how PSN is communicating.

Still no official update by the way, guys.

I am wondering whether or not Alice In Chains will show up this week on PSN for EU/ANZ though. We had word that it would be delayed through SCEA but didn't hear from SCEE.

dav_tho2000
11-13-2013, 03:49 AM
i did the copy to usb thing again, still no joy. this workaround may work on xbox but not ps3.
patience people, we still have dlc and rs2014 tracks in, its enough for now, Shirly?!

voigtstrPS3
11-13-2013, 10:10 AM
Don't know if its enough for Shirly (I am serious and stop calling me Shirly) but its not enough for me... give me the Rocksmith 1 import pack please!

bobbymcsteels
11-13-2013, 10:38 AM
Don't know if its enough for Shirly (I am serious and stop calling me Shirly) but its not enough for me... give me the Rocksmith 1 import pack please!

Is right, I'm loving the new DLC (especially SP and AIC when it comes to PSN) but I've spent too much time practising the RS1 tracks and want to continue practising.... I know we have the 1st disc still but after the treat of the RS2014 UI and how quick it loads it's impossible to play the 1st RS without wanting to shoot yourself in the face while waiting for songs to load.

MrKareem33
11-13-2013, 10:43 AM
Thanks for this advice...embarrassed I didn't try that before deleting :o

Guetiger
11-13-2013, 11:18 AM
What territory are you in?
EU - Germany

Did you import RS2014? Did you import RS1?
No, both german disc retail versions
Is the PSN account you're using properly matched to the territory your game belongs to?
Yes
Are you seeing ANY DLC at all?
"Songs": RS1 Songs, the Queen Pack
"Packs": Iron Maiden and Smashing Pumpkins Pack (since this week)
Are you seeing ANY NEW RS2014 DLC at all?
The two mentioned Packs but no Songs
Are you seeing ANY RS2014 DLC PACKS at all (Smashing Pumpkins, Iron Maiden, Import Pack)
Iron Maiden and Smashing Pumpkins, no Import Pack
Are you seeing ANY RS2014 DLC through PSN itself rather than with the in-game SHOP? (In all aforementioned circumstances)
All are available via PSN except the Import-Pack
Do you see the RS2014 DLC content listed online when you browse PSN for your territory? (e.g. https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwo...0011:new-games)
Yes

​Import pack specific questions

Can you see the import pack in the PSN store or in-game SHOP or online?
No and No
Do you receive the prompt to get the import pack when you do the initial setup with a new profile in RS2014?
Yes, tried it three times until now
When you click on that prompt does it take you somewhere you can get the pack or is it broken at this point? And if it's broken, does your PSN ID properly match your territory?
The Programm takes me to the "Packs" section. Last week it said "Nothing available - try again later" or something with this meaning.
Since this week it shows me the Iron Maiden and Smashing Punkins Pack...

randomas
11-13-2013, 01:21 PM
Can you insert a USB drive or a portable hard drive and offload your save data that way? Just letting you know for reference as I don't believe the save data workaround works currently for PS3 in Europe. That's a bigger issue with how PSN is communicating.

Still no official update by the way, guys.

I am wondering whether or not Alice In Chains will show up this week on PSN for EU/ANZ though. We had word that it would be delayed through SCEA but didn't hear from SCEE.

/*Insert profanity and expletives here*/ You're seriously saying that your official communication channel with SCEE is though SCEA ?!?!?! AAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh we're never gonna see this fixed ...

Ok j/k aside since there's been a change before the regular update schedule (we can now see the SP and IM packs in the in-game store but not the individual songs or the RS1 packs) and no patches or updates ran on the system, I'm now confused as to how the ingame store works. I'd like to know whether the ingame store reads off of the psn or an ubisoft mirror db or whether the psn store is just a payment system that links to ubisoft infrastructure, could you please for curiosity's sake explain how it all works so we understand what's actually going on. TIA

daddy_felix
11-13-2013, 01:32 PM
/*Insert profanity and expletives here*/ You're seriously saying that your official communication channel with SCEE is though SCEA ?!?!?! AAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh we're never gonna see this fixed ...

that's a misunderstanding.

SCEA told them, the pack would be delayed.
SCEE did not tell them anything so far.