PDA

View Full Version : AC Black Flag and Watch_Dog PS exclusive DLC is timed

pacmanate
10-24-2013, 10:08 AM
Looks like the exclusive DLC for AC and Watch_Dogs is timed, for 6 months.

Source: http://www.shopto.net/news/44458/Assassins-Creed-and-Watch-Dogs-PS-DLC-is-exclusive-for-six-months/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

http://www.everyeye.it/public/immagini/24102013/r_Ubisoft_notizia.jpg

Picture source: http://www.everyeye.it/multi/notizia/watch-dogs-e-assassin-s-creed-4-contenuti-aggiuntivi-in-esclusiva-sony-per-sei-mesi_173622

Aphex_Tim
10-24-2013, 10:11 AM
I'm not surprised, really. They did this with AC3 as well.
And I'm actually pretty happy with this! Saves me from buying some special edition. :)

pacmanate
10-24-2013, 10:15 AM
And I'm actually pretty happy with this! Saves me from buying some special edition. :)

At least it stops the MS players moaning about missing out on story :p

Aphex_Tim
10-24-2013, 10:19 AM
Hahah, yeah, I just realized it's about the Sony exclusive stuff that'll come with every PS edition so I'm good anyway. :p
Or does this also apply to all the Buccaneer/Black Chest/Jack Sparrow/Shiver Me Timbers edition DLC as well?

Farlander1991
10-24-2013, 10:22 AM
I'm pretty sure all exclusive material for multiplatform titles is technically speaking a timed exclusive :p (i.e., doesn't mean it will actually appear on XBox).

Mr_Shade
10-24-2013, 10:23 AM
Looks like the exclusive DLC for AC and Watch_Dogs is timed, for 6 months.

Source: http://www.shopto.net/news/44458/Assassins-Creed-and-Watch-Dogs-PS-DLC-is-exclusive-for-six-months/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter
Did you read the article?

this only relates to the PS3/PS4 exclusive content and this part is important:

"Currently the content is only coming to PS4 and PS4, although there is no word if it'll appear on other platforms once the six month exclusivity ends."

so, tbh, kind of a "we have news, but no real news"?

As always - I would treat this as rumour and speculation, simply due to the confusing article and no official comments.

And I'm actually pretty happy with this! Saves me from buying some special edition.

The content is on all versions?

So you don't need too, if you want the Aveline missions they are on all Sony versions ;)

pacmanate
10-24-2013, 10:29 AM

"Currently the content is only coming to PS4 and PS4, although there is no word if it'll appear on other platforms once the six month exclusivity ends."

Nope, its real news.

Krayus Korianis
10-24-2013, 10:30 AM

As always - I would treat this as rumour and speculation, simply due to the confusing article and no official comments.

So you don't need too, if you want the Aveline missions they are on all Sony versions ;)

It's also on PC... Which is kinda bull since PC's are mostly Windows machines... Hence, Microsoft.

pacmanate
10-24-2013, 10:30 AM
It's also on PC... Which is kinda bull since PC's are mostly Windows machines... Hence, Microsoft.

Edited OP for picture proof.

Mr_Shade
10-24-2013, 10:33 AM
PC are are not always included in console exclusives - different platform / market.

Krayus Korianis
10-24-2013, 10:34 AM
PC are are not always included in console exclusives - different platform / market.

Then why does the PC have it when it's supposed to be SONY Exclusive?

Mr_Shade
10-24-2013, 10:35 AM
Nope, its real news.
Think your missing my point.. But I'll let you carry on..

Mr_Shade
10-24-2013, 10:36 AM
Then why does the PC have it when it's supposed to be SONY Exclusive?
It's exclusive on Sony consoles.. So not available on Nintendo or Microsoft consoles.

PC versions do sometimes have the content, since it's a different platform.

pacmanate
10-24-2013, 10:51 AM
Think your missing my point.. But I'll let you carry on..

Well if exclusivity ends after that time I am sure it runs out for a reason, so they can let Xbox people have it so they get more money. Otherwise it wouldnt be timed, it defeats the point.

Mr_Shade
10-24-2013, 10:57 AM
Well you never know..

Aphex_Tim
10-24-2013, 11:17 AM

Yeah, I posted before actually reading the article. Corrected myself at my second post. :p

Hofner Chris
10-24-2013, 03:07 PM
This is big news to me. It may totally determine which console to play AC4 on. Is there any way we can get official confirmation on this?

pacmanate
10-24-2013, 03:20 PM
This is big news to me. It may totally determine which console to play AC4 on. Is there any way we can get official confirmation on this?

Well here's the thing, this information is official, it is timed for 6 months. But Shade is basically saying the it might not go to Xbox.

Which IMO doesn't make sense, otherwise it wouldn't say timed. PC and Sony are getting it, Wii U isn't so that only leaves Xbox.

Hofner Chris
10-24-2013, 03:29 PM
Well here's the thing, this information is official, it is timed for 6 months. But Shade is basically saying the it might not go to Xbox.

Which IMO doesn't make sense, otherwise it wouldn't say timed. PC and Sony are getting it, Wii U isn't so that only leaves Xbox.

I agree. I just wish there was a simple explanation for this exclusive content. "PS will get it first and everyone else will get it later on." I would be satisfied with that.

TJ_Wylde
10-24-2013, 05:03 PM
To me looking at that image i'd take from it that it means that it's exclusive on PS4 for 6 months and then also goes to PS3. But who knows. We'll see in 6 months.

pacmanate
10-24-2013, 05:12 PM
To me looking at that image i'd take from it that it means that it's exclusive on PS4 for 6 months and then also goes to PS3. But who knows. We'll see in 6 months.

Avelines stuff is PS3 AND PS4 already.

Bastiaen
10-24-2013, 05:37 PM
I'm so happy I could cry! Victory is ours! This was one of the last considerations I had prompting me to buy a PS4 instead of an Xbox 1, the extra content.

FrankieSatt
10-24-2013, 05:49 PM
At least it stops the MS players moaning about missing out on story :p

I wouldn't call it moaning, I call it a valid complaint. If the roles were reversed and it was an Exclusive on the XBox you would have the same complaint I would and I wouldn't think about calling it "Moaning"

pacmanate
10-24-2013, 05:51 PM
I wouldn't call it moaning, I call it a valid complaint. If the roles were reversed and it was an Exclusive on the XBox you would have the same complaint I would and I wouldn't think about calling it "Moaning"

Well its been happening since brotherhood, people should be use to it.

Same with CoD's DLC's and their Microsoft bumming, its happened so long it shouldnt matter.

If this was out of the blue then yeah, I would moan.

FrankieSatt
10-24-2013, 05:53 PM
Well its been happening since brotherhood, people should be use to it.

Same with CoD's DLC's and their Microsoft bumming, its happened so long it shouldnt matter.

If this was out of the blue then yeah, I would moan.

Doesn't matter how long it's been happening. It was wrong then, it's wrong now, it will be wrong in the future. No matter which console has exclusives, it is WRONG and if people want to voice their complaints they should be able to without it being called "Moaning".

pacmanate
10-24-2013, 06:07 PM
Doesn't matter how long it's been happening. It was wrong then, it's wrong now, it will be wrong in the future. No matter which console has exclusives, it is WRONG and if people want to voice their complaints they should be able to without it being called "Moaning".

Well it's never gonna happen cause of a little thing called money.

Jexx21
10-24-2013, 06:27 PM
I'm a PC player who wasn't able to get the ACB and AC3 Sony exclusive missions, because the only way you could get the latter on PC is if you bought the Digital Deluxe edition (same with Black Flag), and I don't see any reason to complain.

I decided to buy a PS4 for the extra missions and also because Sony has better exclusives than Microsoft.