PDA

View Full Version : AC4 Lock System

White24Room
10-23-2013, 01:34 PM
Hi ! I was wondering how was the target-lock system in AC4.
In AC3 targets were automatically locks and that was really frustrating. For example when there were 2 guards and you wanted to air assassinate one with your tomahawk, Connor automaticaly killed both of them with the hidden blades ... For those who already played AC4 can we now choose if we want to kill 2 or 1 guards, or is this automatic ?

Thank you :)

pacmanate
10-23-2013, 01:37 PM
Hi ! I was wondering how was the target-lock system in AC4.
In AC3 targets were automatically locks and that was really frustrating. For example when there were 2 guards and you wanted to air assassinate one with your tomahawk, Connor automaticaly killed both of them with the hidden blades ... For those who already played AC4 can we now choose if we want to kill 2 or 1 guards, or is this automatic ?

Thank you :)

Why would you only want to assassinate one?

SixKeys
10-23-2013, 01:38 PM
I think the double-kill system has been the same since AC2. If two guards are next to each other, you can't choose to kill just one, the assassin will automatically kill both. You can only assassinate one at a time if there's enough distance between them.

White24Room
10-23-2013, 01:39 PM
Well in AC3 when you had to kill William Johnson, I wanted to air assassinate him with my Tomahawk but Connor automatically killed him and the other guard next to him with his hidden blades.

Yes but in AC3 it was auto lock, so you had to press R1+square to double assassinate.

I thought there were a thread about that...

Aphex_Tim
10-23-2013, 02:23 PM
Why would you only want to assassinate one?

If I have my tomahawk equiped, I want to air-assassinate a guard with my tomahawk. I don't want the game deciding for me that I'm going to air-assassinate two guards with hidden blades, just because I can get two guards at once that way.

pacmanate
10-23-2013, 02:26 PM
If I have my tomahawk equiped, I want to air-assassinate a guard with my tomahawk. I don't want the game deciding for me that I'm going to air-assassinate two guards with hidden blades, just because I can get two guards at once that way.

Yes yes okay that makes sense, I thought he meant in general but I agree, its annoying. Example is the Boston Tea party when you have to air assassinate with a musket. Firstly this was a stupid 100% sync requirement, and 2, Connar always switched to his flipping hidden blades.

Bastiaen
10-23-2013, 04:56 PM
Yes yes okay that makes sense, I thought he meant in general but I agree, its annoying. Example is the Boston Tea party when you have to air assassinate with a musket. Firstly this was a stupid 100% sync requirement, and 2, Connar always switched to his flipping hidden blades.

Really? I never had that happen. But I usually assassinate the guards while they are still running to the party, unaware and usually strung out so that I only get one.

Mr_Shade
10-23-2013, 04:57 PM
I think an Assassin would use his hidden blade, the weapon always used when you Assassinate, to do a 'air -assassination' least the ones I have spoken to would...

But who knows..

pacmanate
10-23-2013, 05:07 PM
I think an Assassin would use his hidden blade, the weapon always used when you Assassinate, to do a 'air -assassination' least the ones I have spoken to would...

But who knows..

Well Assassination just means the act of murdering someone, it doesn't stand for murdering with a hidden blade. Besides, I thought Assassinations were just political figures? Isn't it just straight up murdering otherwise?

Mr_Shade
10-23-2013, 05:16 PM
Well Assassination just means the act of murdering someone, it doesn't stand for murdering with a hidden blade. Besides, I thought Assassinations were just political figures? Isn't it just straight up murdering otherwise?
Assassin's in the game don't 'murder' though - they assassinate, with skill if you press the 'Assassinate button';)

Unless you are playing them.. then it's most likely murder.. maybe we should suggest a 'Murder' button.. :)

GreySkellig
10-23-2013, 05:18 PM
Besides, I thought Assassinations were just political figures? Isn't it just straight up murdering otherwise?

As of AC3 we can "assassinate" anyone, including animals. Silly? Yes, but apparently that's the terminology we're going with. If it helps, pretend the bunny you just jumped onto from a tree was planning a political coup. He had to die, so that others might live.

With regard to the OP, I never had a problem. When you're above two guards, you can see a faint outline around the second, less bright than the first. Tweak your angle enough and this outline usually goes away. Feel free to single-assassinate to your heart's content.

phoenix-force411
10-24-2013, 12:00 AM
I hate having to enter fight mode automatically, because sometimes it does not work and I take free hits. I hate the warning system since it didn't work properly, and when it didn't you took massive amount of damage, and full sync didn't do anything but reward you with a crappy Altair costume. They said your health would increase but it didn't.

pacmanate
10-24-2013, 08:09 AM
I hate having to enter fight mode automatically, because sometimes it does not work and I take free hits. I hate the warning system since it didn't work properly, and when it didn't you took massive amount of damage, and full sync didn't do anything but reward you with a crappy Altair costume. They said your health would increase but it didn't.

Hopefully they fixed that. And the thing where it doesnt prompt/even let you counter.

Krayus Korianis
10-24-2013, 08:46 AM
assassin's in the game don't 'murder' though - they assassinate, with skill if you press the 'assassinate button';)

unless you are playing them.. Then it's most likely murder.. Maybe we should suggest a 'murder' button.. :)
Murder button nao Ubisoft! Nao!

Aphex_Tim
10-24-2013, 09:14 AM
Murder button nao Ubisoft! Nao!

When you hold the high profile button, it turns into Brutally Murder.

scooper121s
10-24-2013, 09:15 AM
when you hold the high profile button, it turns into brutally murder.

lololololololololol

Krayus Korianis
10-24-2013, 09:48 AM
When you hold the high profile button, it turns into Brutally Murder.
Toastyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!