PDA

View Full Version : Rocksmith 2014 Official Bugs and Issues Thread

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

Black_Widow9
10-23-2013, 03:31 AM
Hey Rockers!

Please use this Thread to report any bugs, repeatable crashes and any major gameplay technical issues for Rocksmith 2014.

This thread is NOT meant to replace Ubisoft Support by any means. If you have an issue please make sure you contact them immediately.
Ubisoft Support Website (http://support.ubi.com/)

If you decide to also create a Thread on the Forums for your issue, please make sure that you use the Prefix feature to avoid unnecessary questions and to speed up the process of getting assistance from the community.

If you would like to give us general gameplay feedback please use this Thread.
Rocksmith 2014 Official Gameplay Feedback Thread (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/439984)

Thank you for taking the time to report any issues.

We will keep an updated list of Help, Issues and Workarounds here:
Help/FAQ's & Current Issues Workarounds (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/803091)

Rocksmith 2014 Forum Team

BuckNodules
10-23-2013, 03:45 AM
I try to start Rocksmith and I get "No audio output device is detected. Please connect and enable an audio output device then restart Rocksmith 2014". My systems far exceeds minimum specs. All drivers are up to date. My audio device is an M-Audio Profire 2626. Everything else works; Skyrim, Bioshock, iTunes. I've uninstalled and reinstalled but the same error occurs.

System is: Rocksmith 2014 for PC. i7-3930 with 32GB RAM. Profire 2626 with the latest drivers. DirectX 11.

JWGUITAR
10-23-2013, 04:00 AM
I try to start Rocksmith and I get "No audio output device is detected. Please connect and enable an audio output device then restart Rocksmith 2014". My systems far exceeds minimum specs. All drivers are up to date. My audio device is an M-Audio Profire 2626. Everything else works; Skyrim, Bioshock, iTunes. I've uninstalled and reinstalled but the same error occurs.

System is: Rocksmith 2014 for PC. i7-3930 with 32GB RAM. Profire 2626 with the latest drivers. DirectX 11.

I'm getting the same message.....From what I'm reading.....this program is really buggy. Was looking forward to this release......not so much anymore......what a shame.

Vector_Shift
10-23-2013, 04:15 AM
String Skip Saloon will not recognize my E string on my bass. If I use my co-worker's bass, it will recognize it maybe half the time. Even on guitar, the detection, especially of the lower strings is a bit spotty. I calibrated and fine tuned every time I switched instruments. Everything else in the game works great!

KilaRoach
10-23-2013, 04:20 AM
The game froze up on my XBOX today.
It froze a couple of times last week, even becoming unplayable saturday evening.
Then no freezes at all till today
Working fine all day yesterday while i was grinding through 30 songs.
I hadn't said anything because I thought the day patch would address it but not so.

KilaRoach
10-23-2013, 04:20 AM
String Skip Saloon will not recognize my E string on my bass. If I use my co-worker's bass, it will recognize it maybe half the time. Even on guitar, the detection, especially of the lower strings is a bit spotty. I calibrated and fine tuned every time I switched instruments. Everything else in the game works great!

i had a guest over on Sunday that had the same issue on her bass

LvlNinety9
10-23-2013, 04:31 AM
I've been having some issues with the high e not being picked up but it's not that often. Also had the game freeze up once out of a whole day of multiplayer with the wife. We had just finished playing Chompers and went back to the song select screen when it froze.

pesto.
10-23-2013, 04:43 AM

I had this issue when I was trying to use my Firewire soundcard (UAD Apollo), it seems that Rocksmith only see's the onboard soundcard so I had to connect up the monitors through the headphone out which is a tad messy but it works. I'd rather use the external soundcard for convenience sake if nothing else, but I guess there's a conflict between running that and the USB based real tone cable as an input.

SadisticSamurai
10-23-2013, 04:50 AM
Pre-purchased and downloaded the game off Steam. First time game started fine, For some reason now the game won't progress past the white background loading screen with the Rocksmith logo pick in the lower right corner. I've left the game on that screen for 40 mins and it never advanced, I've made 5 other attempts (at time of writing this) to start the game... But never progresses past white loading screen.

I've tested other steam games including the original Rocksmith and all have worked fine. I can still press Shift + F2 and access the Uplay menu during the loading screen, but nothing else.

Running Windows 7 Professional 64-bit, Intel i7-2600k, 16GB Ram, SLI Nvidia GTX 660 Ti (Latest Drivers).

ProzacTheClown
10-23-2013, 05:01 AM
The tuner drives me nuts with the high E string on both my MacBook Pro running OS X 10.9 Mavericks and my PC running Windows 8.

I am using a Gibson SG Standard in all 3 positions. Once it actually locks onto the string and decides it is in tune it works flawlessly.

Black_Ice_01
10-23-2013, 05:08 AM
I have the PS3 version of the Game. I had he previous version and downloaded the import tool.

I had a freeze up when I was in the main song selection list. Clicked on a locked song that was labeled DLC and the screen changed to the UPLAy store (screen where we slect a song, pack or extension). That is where it froze. I unloaded the disk and was able to insert it again and continue.

ckentavr
10-23-2013, 05:17 AM
When selecting UPlay on my 60G PS3, the game and console hang - I can't even exit out of the game.

When using my original RealTone cable, the tuner can become confused. Newer cables don't have this issue.

-Crissa

Ordian
10-23-2013, 05:30 AM
PC Version....When I am set to lead guitar I get a buzz over my speakers but when I switch it to rhythm it instantly goes away. I does it even in the menu while switching between the two modes. Switching between the two is like night and day.

ckentavr
10-23-2013, 05:50 AM
I had the same issue. The game works on the guitar just fine. On the Bass, it hardly notices and I can maybe shoot five bandits. I knocked it way out of tune trying to play the game. The bass I have isn't pre-amped and only has on split pickup, so it's not exactly the loudest on the block, but it should still work.

However, that's using the oldest cable we have. Are you using an old cable? I haven't tried it with the new cable yet, but songs were more responsive.

-Crissa

spudDudson
10-23-2013, 05:51 AM
The new tuner seems very unstable. Plucking a string in any tuning fluctuates ~15 cents every time. Then Rocksmtih 2014 will decide that the tuning is correct even though it may be +/- 20 cents off tune.

Roflobear
10-23-2013, 05:55 AM
When I try to access the packs section of the store on PS3, I get an undefined error that looks like the following image:

http://i.imgur.com/szBIO8h.jpg

I guess that means for the time being I won't be able to get the disc import tool to get my Rocksmith 1 songs onto Rocksmith 2014;

Fleetweer
10-23-2013, 06:24 AM
On the PC, steam download, pretty high spec PC, Asus Xonar DGX audio, sound is badly broken.

It sounds like it's trying to do a really bad robot impression. The speech is heavily distorted. If you alt-tab out, wait a minute or so, then alt-tab back in again, it briefly sounds normal but, within five seconds, it suddenly slows to about half speed speech and becomes distorted again.

Trying to tune is similarly impossible. For some reason it thinks the guitar that I've just tuned in the still perfectly working Rockband 1 is off by +700 to +999.

Rebooting didn't fix it.

Turning the guitar knobs to zero so there's definitely no feedback coming through didn't fix it.

Closing every other program didn't fix it.

Trying a reinstall now. Once it's back, I'm going to see if it's the broken lead but working rhythm issue others have reported (I was only trying lead) and will try disabling my soundcard and seeing if the onboard audio on my motherboard does any better.

Would love to go to the settings in game and see if anything there helps. But some UI genius decided users HAD TO tune their guitars before they were allowed to see any settings menus. Which completely breaks when tuning is blocked by something, who knows, maybe a settings option would fix. Why you HAVE TO go through set up before you're allowed access to settings is beyond me.

Update:

Reinstall and swapping off the Asus Xonar to the Realtek MB audio fixed the sound issues. Because, really, who'd QA something like different audio solutions for a music game?! ;)

noop101
10-23-2013, 06:49 AM
Many of the Rocksmith settings can be changed within the ini file in the installation folder. This guide is for the original, but it appears much of it still applies.

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/716851-Rocksmith-PC-Configuration-and-FAQ-s

backinblack2012
10-23-2013, 06:57 AM
The new tuner seems very unstable. Plucking a string in any tuning fluctuates ~15 cents every time. Then Rocksmtih 2014 will decide that the tuning is correct even though it may be +/- 20 cents off tune.

I noticed this with my bass. In addition to the problem with the tuner going bonkers trying to recognize the high strings.

Black_Widow9
10-23-2013, 07:57 AM
It froze a couple of times last week, even becoming unplayable saturday evening.
I hadn't said anything because I thought the day patch would address it but not so.

I've been having some issues with the high e not being picked up but it's not that often. Also had the game freeze up once out of a whole day of multiplayer with the wife. We had just finished playing Chompers and went back to the song select screen when it froze.
Did you both install the game directly onto the Xbox or are you playing straight off of the disc?

ckentavr
10-23-2013, 07:58 AM
Ooo, new bug:

PS3
We swapped players in the multiplayer, as player2 was logged in. It's only showing the scores that player1 has saved, none of player2 scores.
Note: Player2 doesn't have an online account, and isn't going to.
Unsure if this is affecting anything else, but not every player account on a machine is going to have an online account! Some will be children, visitors, etc.

-Crissa

Black_Widow9
10-23-2013, 08:04 AM
The tuner drives me nuts with the high E string on both my MacBook Pro running OS X 10.9 Mavericks and my PC running Windows 8.

I am using a Gibson SG Standard in all 3 positions. Once it actually locks onto the string and decides it is in tune it works flawlessly.

I've been having some issues with the high e not being picked up but it's not that often.

Are you playing Bass or Guitar or does it matter when the E string isn't working?

Fleetweer
10-23-2013, 08:08 AM
Apparently there's a commonly known issue that the Rocksmith 1 DLC shows as purchased if you go to the store but isn't available in game if you have the Steam PC version.

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/802243-Rocksmith-1-DLC-not-working-in-Rocksmith-2014

Landozelig
10-23-2013, 08:19 AM
Not a game breaking bug, but kind of odd. Played Blitzkrieg Bop a couple times. Rocksmith kept suggesting I play the score attack for the song. I did the "Master Score Attack" and got a gold on it. It then showed the score attack screen. The Master Score Attack was greyed out with a description telling me to unlock Master mode, I had to get a gold in Hard mode - even though I'd already got a gold in Master mode.

ComradeMcPants
10-23-2013, 08:24 AM
This bug happened to me after I turned off Audio Exclusivity in the in-game options.

Enabling it might solve the issue for some of you.

BrunnenG
10-23-2013, 01:04 PM
The tuner has issues, especially with the higher strings like B and e. It's much worse when trying an alternate tuning such as Eb. I have yet to be able to get the e string tuning recognized long enough to try any Eb song.

Tried three guitars (Peavey AT-200 with autotune on and off, Fender Telecaster, and an Ibanez RG870), all variations of pickup selections, recalibration several times, adjusting the volume on the guitars and the Realtone cable, checked the cable config, and verified the tuning using a Snark clip on tuner and a Line 6 FBX Shortboard.

When a string is plucked, the tuner fluctuates madly, usually showing the tuning as up to +15 too sharp. If you're lucky, it will eventually settle and show the correct tuning and go to the next string. However, Eb never does it long enough.

moogman79
10-23-2013, 01:33 PM
Just a notice:

On the retail packing there should be a remark, that this game requieres a internet connection.
I think this is a very important fact for most players.
There is also no remark, that this game uses Steam

supotco
10-23-2013, 01:44 PM
On the Mac, I purchased Rocksmith 2014 and Rocksmith 1 but I can't get the Rocksmith 1 songs. I don't know how to do this.

dmandtm
10-23-2013, 01:57 PM
I am having issues with the tuner also, especially on the B and high E strings. I never had a problem with the original Rocksmith. Like you said , once it locks in, the quick tuning check works fine. So far, the rest of the game has been awesome.

C.Linton
10-23-2013, 02:13 PM
In Session mode on the PS3 -
I have My Path set to Bass.
I did the initial missions in Session mode and did well, then these came up in the "Current Missions " box:
A. Select "Barebones Rock" Band - did that mission, was marked as cleared.
B. Set key to (A) Minor Pentatonic - did that, mission was cleared.
C. Play some scale notes for a little while -
Started the session , the drums and guitar played one quick note, and then stopped and would not respond to my playing, I played a bunch of the scale tones anyway, but the mission would not clear.
I'm not recalling exactly what I did to fix it. I either:
Exited session mode, logged off and then restarted the game, re-entered session mode and then it worked as it was supposed to
or
I exited session mode, logged off the game, shut down and then restarted my PS3, restarted the game and session mode then worked properly.
Again, can't remember which one of those I did to fix the problem.

onidlag
10-23-2013, 02:15 PM
Hey guys!

While playing Scale Warrior had a freeze up during the 5th stage (the one on the elevator) just after defeting one enemy. Scale at the moment was Aeolian in A. Had to UNPLUG the PS3.

I have a digital copy, downloaded via PSN. Have the Rocksmith 1 Pack DLC and 80% of the DLC songs from Rocksmith 1.
PS3 with 60GB free of a total of 250GB.

^^

woolyninja
10-23-2013, 03:03 PM
Mac version
OS X Mavericks (10.9)

Often when I start a song or a lesson the background goes black, all the animated effects are disappear, and the foreground graphics become very basic and terrible looking. The game is then stuck that way so if I exit the song on the menu screens its just a black screen with the menu text showing. I'll try to circle back with a screenshot later today.

Selurevad
10-23-2013, 03:09 PM
I have 3 easily reproducible bugs to report so far. All OSX 10.8.5

1. After completing a song it will display a mastery percentage with streak/accuracy. Almost always when streak/accuracy disappear that mastery percentage drops a fraction on the new screen i.e. will go from 63.4 to 63.4

2. Sorting by tuning mixes in all the slightly higher/lower E Standard tunings (i.e. A434, A451, A447, A44, and A461) in with E Standard.

3. Redeeming UPlay points while in the game - really bunks up the song listing. I was having all sorts of issues until I restarted the game.

BoboScum
10-23-2013, 03:20 PM
3 Doors Down DLC is missing in Rocksmith 2014 for PS3 shop.

In the original Rocksmith PS3 shop, the 3 Doors Down song pack AND songs are all listed under PACKS, which is wrong. The individual songs themselves should be listed under SONGS. Because of this, Rocksmith 2014 isn't finding the individual songs since there is currently only one PACK available (for the RS1 song transfer).

Looks like a simple category issue.

ekffazr
10-23-2013, 03:46 PM
hi, awesome job on RS2014 guys

2 things I have noticed so far.........

a few times while navigating menus in Guitarcade the xbox version froze up, had to restart.

occasionally after altering difficulty in riff repeater, I cannot hear or can barely hear the rest of the band.
This may not be bad if I was a good guitarist, but I am not and need the rest of the band to cover for me :cool:

otherwise so far so GREAT

etaumpa
10-23-2013, 04:22 PM
PC- Version Blackscreen thanks for playing! When I launch I get the uplay app showing up and then I get a black screen and then a message form the uplay app stating thanks for playing! I have an issue opened but getting impatient. I have tried various reloutions to no avail. So I have not been able to play the game yet! I knew I should have stayed with an xbox version.

demalion
10-23-2013, 05:11 PM
[Platform: PC/Windows 7 (64 bit)]

This is a high performance PC with 'old' i7-2600k, so there is plenty of performance and multi-threading capability.

However, I am noticing issues and strange fluctuations with the tuning, like others are reporting, and I think it might be related to an underlying problem: the sound input being "choppy" and cutting in and out.

I get the impression that this is happening with all the sound sampling, but when I turn on the microphone functionality it shows up in an extreme and functionality-breaking form: I can recognize the words being said in a microphone, but pitch information and a good bit of the sound between "chops" seems to be missing. Of course, singing doesn't work at all with this, and even though I'm able to barely make out the words in my voice, the game doesn't seem to register the attempt. Note that the sound issue isn't just when playing a song, but in the "audio monitor" mode outside of songs as well.

Update: For the idea of a lesser version of the extremely choppy voice microphone issue being present for the guitar: I didn't notice a problem in the Tone editor after removing the Pre-Amp, and during song playing I can't really evaluate that well, but my original observation was based on the way the sound meter seems to behave and sporadic artifacts in the sound specifically while in the Tuner. However, the voice microphone audio is choppy an absolutely every place I hear it in RS 2014.

I don't know if this is an issue with getting the raw input, or if there is some sort of processing that is being done and the problem is being introduced there and then its output is being played, but regular Windows audio monitoring (and the prior Rocksmith last time I ran it) didn't have this problem with the same hardware and settings.

Yes, I am using the default exclusive audio control mode, though I did try turning it off and it seemed to behave exactly the same (struck me as odd, as I would have expected a noticeable difference).

I also have some other issues that I hope are slated to be addressed, like the issue with Rocksmith 1 DLC not being recognized, and there being a list of DLC songs at the "top" of the "Learn a Song" list that appears and disappears apparently at random, as well as being surprised that I had to quit and restart the game to get a RS 2014 DLC purchase to show up in the accessible list of songs.

-

EDIT: After reading the pdf BuckNodules pointed out (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/802356-Rocksmith-2014-Official-Bugs-and-Issues-Thread?p=9335313&viewfull=1#post9335313) (which should, indeed, be far more prominent), and keying in on the phrase "It will trade some of the latency improvements we've made for Rocksmith 2014...", I tried turning off "Win32UltraLowLatencyMode". I'm not noticing any clear change for the erratic guitar Tuning, but the voice microphone issue drastically improved.

I did have some configuration options different than the recommended 16 bit/48kHz for audio input, but contrary to the "aha!" feeling it gave me when noticing that, fixing them had no noticeable effect...only this setting (tested by changing only its .ini file value between 0 and 1 and restarting RS2014) being turned off (0) seemed to improve things.

Skyrims Legend
10-23-2013, 05:50 PM
I own the xbox 360 edition and when i first got it the game froze almost all of the time.Now it seems the freezing is less frequent
but it for sure still freezes.Its odd seemed like the more i played it the less it froze if that makes any sense.Either way i love this game more then the firsr which is hard considering i played it for about
400 hours just please fix this ubisoft.

Klopzi
10-23-2013, 05:59 PM

I'm having the same freezing issue. Froze 3 times in 6 hours - each time in the Learn a Song mode (twice after selecting a song to play and once more when pausing the song after it had started).

Game is installed to Xbox 360 hard drive.

I have a lot of DLC (most RS1 DLC) and RS1 imported songs. Game isn't laggy or slow - it just freezes unexpectedly. Rebooting the 360 (power off, power on) has fixed the issue each time.

ObscureStar
10-23-2013, 06:21 PM
Arpeggios: They're great, love the addition!

However, the symbol they use in gameplay on PS3 does not match the symbol in the technique until you go into the technique and play the tutorial video. They also do not show up in the 'Associated Techniques' for songs they appear in.

This is purely a cosmetic bug but it will probably be confusing for people who haven't played a lot of music.

ObscureStar
10-23-2013, 06:29 PM
Cable Issues:

Honestly, every single thing that I found annoying about the previous version has been fixed save for one: Starting the game with two real-tone cables plugged in still makes you unplug one of the cables. My spouse and I play together quite a bit and this one thing is very awkward. For multiplayer mode you do a level detect to determine which cable is which anyhow. It does not seem like there should be a technical limitation that would require unplugging the second cable.

That gripe aside, over nine-thousand percent better! Great job Ubisoft!

raynebc
10-23-2013, 06:30 PM
I agree the tuner is glitchy. I use my Snark as a second opinion and quite often the RS tuner would claim my low E string was off, and I had to let it ring out for several seconds before it agreed with my other tuner that it was the correct note.

I noticed a minor bug in riff repeater that I reproduced on several different songs. If I slowed the speed down (ie. to 75%) and played the selected part of the song and leveled it up to 100% speed, it would rewind again, the screen would show 75% speed again as if it had restarted with my previous RR settings, but the song audio was played back at 100% speed. If I played it well nough again, it would rewind back to the beginning of the selected part of the song and "increase" the speed to 85%, except this time the audio is actually slowed to that speed.

I ran into the crackly audio issue that I read about from elsewhere on the forum, and I couldn't get rid of it until I rebooted the game or the console, I can't remember which.

When using my original RealTone cable, the tuner can become confused. Newer cables don't have this issue.

Ubisoft never admitted the hardware for the cable has changed, so your older cable may simply be damaged in some way. I played for hours last night on the Xbox with my original RS1 cable bought at launch and apart from some glitchiness at the beginning when trying to calibrate my bass (I had to exit and restart the game to get it to recognize that I was playing), it worked fine.

yeti5000
10-23-2013, 06:51 PM
Old xbox, disc not installed. Had three random freezes over 10 hours of playing. Been following missions but I can't seem to get passed Play One More Song in NonStop Play? What do I need to do? I've played consecutive songs. Also Use A Rack Mission took a few tries to pass

rcole_sooner
10-23-2013, 06:53 PM
Old xbox, disc not installed. Had three random freezes over 10 hours of playing. Been following missions but I can't seem to get passed Play One More Song in NonStop Play? What do I need to do? I've played consecutive songs. Also Use A Rack Mission took a few tries to pass

The Play One More Song wants to choose Play One More Song from the dialog that pops up after you are done playing non stop. It has "Finish" and "Play One More Song" choices. I did not realize this was a menu and just kept hitting Enter, so I was stuck for a while too.

YATHOOM
10-23-2013, 07:30 PM
I have the digital version installed on my ps3 and it freezes the playstation on choosing the path page when I choose rhythm or bass, and freezes on the calibration page when I choose lead guitar. I re-download and reinstalled it again, the exact same thing happening again. I have not played a min of the game!

rafataro
10-23-2013, 07:40 PM
Mac version
OS X Mavericks (10.9)

Often when I start a song or a lesson the background goes black, all the animated effects are disappear, and the foreground graphics become very basic and terrible looking. The game is then stuck that way so if I exit the song on the menu screens its just a black screen with the menu text showing. I'll try to circle back with a screenshot later today.

Here. I got some screens.
http://i441.photobucket.com/albums/qq137/rafaeltaro/ScreenShot2013-10-23at42834PM.png

http://i441.photobucket.com/albums/qq137/rafaeltaro/ScreenShot2013-10-23at42608PM.png

http://i441.photobucket.com/albums/qq137/rafaeltaro/ScreenShot2013-10-23at43144PM.png

And is it the final interface? Those message box are so ugly. Looks like a basic UI framework without any designer work on it...

Oh and mac config:
Macbook pro 15 Retina Display
2.6 Intel Core i7
16 GB Ram
NVidia GeForce GT 650M 1GB

yeti5000
10-23-2013, 07:41 PM
Ahh, Thanks rcole! :) Just had another freeze up while tuning for a song :(

zakwaddle
10-23-2013, 07:43 PM
I've been a huge fan of Rocksmith since the beginning, but I've been having a very frustrating experience with Rocksmith 2014 so far. I purchased the game hours after it came out. When I got it home and put it in my xbox, for the first 30 minutes all I got was a "this disc is unreadable" message. After some persistence I finally was able to play for about an hour before the game froze. The next morning I couldn't get it to play at all, so I took it back to the store and exchanged it for a new copy. When I got home, I got the exact same result, "this disc is unreadable". I've been able it get the new copy to play once so far. I thought it might be my xbox, even though it's less than two years old and in great condition, so I checked at least 10 of my other games, each one working perfectly the first time.
I don't know what else to do, however both opportunities I've had to actually play the game it has been even better than I expected. I'm super excited to really put some hours in, but very frustrated that I can't.

woolyninja
10-23-2013, 07:47 PM
http://i441.photobucket.com/albums/qq137/rafaeltaro/ScreenShot2013-10-23at42834PM.png

http://i441.photobucket.com/albums/qq137/rafaeltaro/ScreenShot2013-10-23at42608PM.png

http://i441.photobucket.com/albums/qq137/rafaeltaro/ScreenShot2013-10-23at43144PM.png

And is it the final interface? Those message box are so ugly. Looks like a basic UI framework without any designer work on it...

Oh and mac config:
2.6 Intel Core i7
16 GB Ram

Yes! Thank you - that's exactly what I'm seeing.
I have a Macbook pro 15" mid-2012 non-retina
2.3 Intel Core i7
16 GB Ram
NVidia GeForce GT 650M 1GB with secondary onboard Intel HD Graphics 4000

CodyGrand
10-23-2013, 08:29 PM
I posted this in another thread, but just found this 'official' one.

I'm having trouble tuning, especially on the high e string like lots of other people. But that's not my biggest issue, I get through it, it just takes a few minutes when it should take less than one.

My biggest issue is I'm unable to play multiplayer on Xbox 360, the game freezes at every attempt while loading the second rocksmith profile. Tried 5 different profiles (live & not live). I had a friend come over last night and had to play Rocksmith 1, not something I wanted to do on day one of the 2014 release. What really concerns me is no one else seems to have reported this issue yet! Has ANYONE ELSE on Xbox 360 had this issue?

Also, when having two real tone cables in the Xbox 360, Rocksmith tells you to disconnect one if not playing multiplayer, if I disconnect one, the game freezes instantly, every-time.

glibjoe
10-23-2013, 08:32 PM
I posted this in another thread, but just found this 'official' one.

I'm having trouble tuning, especially on the high e string like lots of other people. But that's not my biggest issue, I get through it, it just takes a few minutes when it should take less than one.

My biggest issue is I'm unable to play multiplayer on Xbox 360, the game freezes at every attempt while loading the second rocksmith profile. Tried 5 different profiles (live & not live). I had a friend come over last night and had to play Rocksmith 1, not something I wanted to do on day one of the 2014 release. What really concerns me is no one else seems to have reported this issue yet! Has ANYONE ELSE on Xbox 360 had this issue?

Also, when having two real tone cables in the Xbox 360, Rocksmith tells you to disconnect one if not playing multiplayer, if I disconnect one, the game freezes instantly, every-time.

Turn up your soundcard's usb recording level. RS sets it to 17. Try 30 or 50.
Also, for sound breakup (which I had) change your soundcard to 16bit 48kHz.

BrunnenG
10-23-2013, 08:38 PM
Turn up your soundcard's usb recording level. RS sets it to 17. Try 30 or 50.
Also, for sound breakup (which I had) change your soundcard to 16bit 48kHz.

He's using an Xbox 360, not a PC.

dm_gsxr
10-23-2013, 08:42 PM
PC Windows 7

Playing Lead Score Attack on Easy when I get to Boston Peace of Mind. It plays fine but upon leaving the sound is crackly and the next two songs are also crackly. I just exited out entirely to see if anyone else had a similar issue. I didn't try the swap to Rhythm yet as a test.

Carl

jamshid666
10-23-2013, 09:09 PM

I don't know how to resolve this on your Mac, but here is an easy fix for the PC:
1. Start Rocksmith and after you get to the tuner, ALT+TAB to the desktop
2. Open the Control Panel -> Hardware and Sound -> Sound
3. Click the Recording Tab and select the Microphone device associated with the Rocksmith Guitar Cable
4. Click on Properties and raise the setting from 17 to 50

Unfortunately, Rocksmith resets the value to 17 every single time you run the game, so you will have to keep doing this until Ubisoft provides a permanent fix. That or loop a preamp between your guitar and the PC.

SadisticSamurai
10-23-2013, 09:35 PM
Someone told me the issue I'm having (post #9 in this thread) might be a result of Uplay locking me out of the game because I installed the game thru Steam previously on another PC (They're currently having the same issue with Trails Evo installed on 2 different PC's thru Steam). Is this really the case?

I usually install all my steam games on both of my PC's and have never had this issue in the past with Ubisoft/Uplay titles in the past... Including the original Rocksmith.

keviniskool
10-23-2013, 09:52 PM
2.3 Intel Core i7
16 GB Ram

I have identical specs to rafatoro and I am seeing the exact same thing. I know the Witcher 2 had issues with the 650M GT on Mac OS X (even though they are entirely different engines), so it might be related to the video card.

ChjodTheWacko
10-23-2013, 10:29 PM
Calibration is weird on this game.
I play on windows, purchased through steam.

I did what I always did in the original rocksmith, set my guitar's volume to 5 and calibrate.
Then shortly after, in the tuner, the game complained 'your volume is very low', and the tuner was VERY fussy,
especially with my two highest strings.

I then turned the volume up on my guitar (note this is after calibration) to about 8, and it all seems fine after that.
I don't like the guitar cranked up that much, however.

I tried to "calibrate" at 3, so I could turn it up afterwards to 5, but that doesn't work too well.
Either I couldn't finish calibrate at all (not playing loud enough) or the guitar input would cut in and out.
(I guess it drops out if the input is too low).

Seemed to play okay after that.

Also not mentioned in this thread:
Sometimes when you scroll through the song list, it stops if you hit a locked/unpurchased DLC song, and you can't scroll further.
This causes most sortings to be impossible to use, except for "recommended", which bunches all the locked songs on top.

Also, this may or may not be a bug, but "recommended" is weird.
I don't understand why RS2014 songs and rocksmith 1 songs are completely separated.
You'd think it'd be sorted based on whatever you're supposed to be working on goal-wise.

- Frank

ckentavr
10-23-2013, 10:56 PM
In multiplayer, it chooses the headstock from ...something, not the saved file.

In our case, we played the game with Player1 having Bass with an inline headstock, while Player2 had an inline headstock guitar. When we logged with Player2 playing single player, and Player1 joined multiplayer, the Bass headstock was suddenly 2+2.

Dunno why it did this.

-Crissa

ckentavr
10-23-2013, 11:05 PM
Ubisoft never admitted the hardware for the cable has changed, so your older cable may simply be damaged in some way. I played for hours last night on the Xbox with my original RS1 cable bought at launch and apart from some glitchiness at the beginning when trying to calibrate my bass (I had to exit and restart the game to get it to recognize that I was playing), it worked fine.
So you're having a similar issue. There's alot of people having a similar issue with the new game who are using older cables.

Like I said, we have three cables now, and the oldest cable (they're all marked, so I know which is which) is the only one with this issue. Even if the design hasn't changed, it is notable that it 'wore out' or was in some way manufactured more poorly.

-Crissa

bandersaurus
10-23-2013, 11:12 PM
3 Doors Down DLC is missing in Rocksmith 2014 for PS3 shop.

Sounds like the PS3 shop is doing you a favor :)

jamshid666
10-23-2013, 11:42 PM
The original Rocksmith DLC is still not showing up in the PC version of Rocksmith 2014. The On-Disc tracks seemed to transfer properly, it's just the DLC that is missing.

KilaRoach
10-24-2013, 12:21 AM
The game is unplayable today.

Freezes every 5-7 minutes.

Game installed on XBOX hardrive

iT MikeGrand
10-24-2013, 01:07 AM
I'm having a problem with the game in which it keeps freezing my Xbox, I'm playing with an old version of the xbox and don't know if that's the cause

dm_gsxr
10-24-2013, 01:40 AM
99% of the DLC has shown up just FYI.

Follow up on my original problem. I alt+tabbed out to my web browser after playing Harder to Breathe and going back in had all the audio plus the preview of the songs going a bit slower and crackly.

Carl

PsychoPumpkin
10-24-2013, 02:55 AM

Oh and mac config:
2.6 Intel Core i7
16 GB Ram

I guess I'll third this problem. I'm seeing the same issue on my iMac.

2013 27" iMac
OS X 10.9
3.5 GHz Intel Core i7
24GB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 775M 2048 MB

AkaSnake12
10-24-2013, 03:00 AM
Hey guys , whenever I start playing on my guitar and let it go for about 5 secs the sound will be like a distortion and really sounds really weird/bad. Any help please?

Edit: Oh and if it helps: When I turn up the microphone level of my microphone rocksmith usb guitar adapter in recording it will be way worst , I won't even be playing and I will have feedback/distortion. Here's a screenshot of what I'm talking about: http://puu.sh/4XTIe.png

Also , I'm using a X-FI TITANIUM FATAL1TY PRO sound card

BuckNodules
10-24-2013, 03:31 AM

After a half day of trying various combinations of settings I finally got sound! I discovered the RocksmithConfiguration.pdf in the Steam folder. (That's something that should be prominent, don't you think UbiSoft?) I started to change configuration settings, first trying 16bit, 48kHz with a large buffer size and I got sound! Heavily distorted but I heard sound! Maybe the mistake I was making was starting Rocksmith from within Steam? In trying to fix the distortion I closed everything and restarted using Uplay and suddenly all is well! Finally working! I started Rocksmith and played for about 2 hours. Everything was fine. Latency was a little noticeable but playable. Then just for kicks I changed all my audio device settings back to the previous non-functioning settings, 24 bit, 92kHz with a small buffer and It still worked! No latency.

I've got to assume that fixes were occurring in the background. I don't think did anything. Updates appeared to be constantly downloaded when starting Uplay so I got to say thank you to all the Rocksmith programmers. After just two hours I know I developed an obsession. I don't want to call it a game, it's a musical adventure. Great job!

Matt_Foster
10-24-2013, 04:24 AM

Oh and mac config:
2.6 Intel Core i7
16 GB Ram

I'm having same issues. Any fixes?
Thanks,
Matt

sambib
10-24-2013, 04:36 AM
I am having the exact same issue. I have the same computer with the same OS except that i have the retina.

WaywardEquation
10-24-2013, 04:38 AM
1) about 80% of the time I launch the game, after suffering through all the branding screens at the beginning I'm dropped into a room with a white wall, nice carpet, nice flooring... and nothing else happens. Nothing... ever.
2) Tuning just flat out doesn't work. Sometimes I can tremelo pick while tuning and it starts to recognize it.
3) In the rare event I get passed 1 and 2 above, authentic tones only work for the first play-through of a song. After that it goes to a generic 70s adult movie sounding tone, for every single song.
4) Now I can't calibrate, no matter how high I set my guitar's volume and how hard I play, it doesn't even move the needle.

Everything works fine on the original rocksmith.

zwd-uplay
10-24-2013, 04:42 AM
I am starting from ground 0. I do not understand exactly how this is supposed to work. I start the song (apparently single note--no chords) and expect it to explain how to play the piece. It does not tell me which finger/fingers to use and when, it only shows which fret to press the string on, and string to strum and if it is. I expected it to tell me if there is a recommended/more efficient way to strum. It doesn't have to be during the song, but perhaps it goes over some recommendations after each time you finish your attempt on the song? Especially since it makes it harder each time I get better. I like the program, but if it is to be used as a teacher it has to teach us complete new folks. Also I might make up my own way to play the song that will lead to bad habits and make things more difficult later down the road.

ChjodTheWacko
10-24-2013, 05:16 AM
Alright, so here's some randomness.

Note yesterday I was playing just fine on my windows PC.
The only annoyance was that after calibrating I had to increase the volume of my guitar (via the guitar's knob).

In an attempt to fix my calibration problem, I attempted to turn off 'auto excclusivity'.
The game then hung. After killing it, The game then decided I had no audio output device.

I assumed a configuration file got hosed but I didn't know which one.
I ended up deleting the entire game and am currently reinstalling it on steam. Fun.
Hope it works this time.

- Frank

Black_Ice_01
10-24-2013, 05:19 AM
PS3 Version here. Some Audio glitch.I had the game for 2 days and noticed today that the sound was pretty bad. It may have gotten progressively worse as I played the game.

I'll try to explain. I have the PS3 hooked to a Home Audio surround sound and have not changed a thing since I was playing RS1. The sound was somewhat muted. Very low volume. It tried to kick in a couple of times for a few seconds and then went back to a muffled sound.

I will try it again.

OniscienteBBC
10-24-2013, 06:25 AM
Mac version
OS X Mavericks (10.9)

Same with me. Yesterday I played ok on OS X Mountain Lion 10.8.5

Now, on Mavericks I just can't play... it's terrible!

Game OK, after tune guitar
http://monimag.eu/upload/1314/game ok.jpg

1 second later....
http://monimag.eu/upload/1314/game nok.jpg

On game....
http://monimag.eu/upload/1314/game nok2.jpg

KillaGolfa
10-24-2013, 06:26 AM
I'm having same issues. Any fixes?
Thanks,
Matt

I am having the same issues and I have a Mac Book Pro running the new Maverick update with more than required RAM and everything else of course.. Have they said anything else about it yet? It is unplayable as of right now. I can only get a tuner to work the first time then every song i want to play i have to exit the game and restart just to get passed the tuner. And i see no marks of which finger to use or anything. looks the same as the pics you posted.

Black_Ice_01
10-24-2013, 06:35 AM
Just confirmed the audio issue. When is session mode the band and audio sounds great. The guitar sounds ok. RS14 forces me to turn the volume all the way up on the guitar (RS1 did this also).
In the other modes (ie Lesson) the sound tracks sound flat. Please fix.

The Tuner bug creep-ed up its ugly head. In session mode today, the tuner made me tune the strings from high e to the low e (opposite direction bottom of the fret to the top) and it was way off.
Went back to the main menu and accessed the tuner and it was fine. My strings were tuned. Went back to session mode and the tuner wanted me to adjust the stings again. It was way off again, though that time the tuner started with the low e (top of the fret board. Got the problem a few times and then just shutdown. I'm off to bed and hope it fairs better tomorrow. :)

Please fix.

Please

madmexican
10-24-2013, 06:56 AM
I am on a PS3 and also have an issue with the high E. It just won't tune. Very disappointing launch. I am going back to GTA5 and hope a patch comes out soon. Sucks you can't return digital downloads to the PSN store.

ThreeSpears
10-24-2013, 07:17 AM
Bit of a unique setup here, so far it has been running for the most part OK. Installed to a Surface Pro V1 w/ Win 8.1 Pro, resolution 1920x1080. I have it hooked up to a 46" LCD with a mini-displayport (thunderbolt) to HDMI cable.

Calibrated OK, but seemed to tune slightly lower than my guitar tuner. Also, it doesn't always wait long enough for the string to be truly in tune.

Every time a video tutorial plays and the narrator speaks or the game plays a demonstration, there is a terrible crackling sound. This goes away when I play in the lesson or when I play a song though, so it is just annoying.

Really difficult to tell when to strum the notes at times. I have to sometimes strum early or late to get the game to give a correct note, but the audio is sometimes slightly behind or ahead. There is no lag calibration initial setup, so I assume it does it automatically. When I look into the advanced video options, the lag calibration meter matches to the sound, so that part tells me it is OK. I turned my video settings down, but that didn't change anything that I could tell.

Do I play open strings when the bar hits the top of fretboard, or when it hits the string on the fretboard? I have to strum the fingered notes right after the vertical bar rotates horizontally, but it doesn't feel right with the audio part in certain cases.

InfinitR
10-24-2013, 07:18 AM
I am also having problems with graphics on Mac running Mavericks 10.9

The venues do not show, and the visual queues on the fretboard are not showing correctly. I compared on the PC and there is definitely a difference. The fretboard also looks more plain I believe. Instead of venues, I just see blank greyish backgrounds. I verified settings, and adjustments to visual detail did not have an effect. I do not see it say 'miss' when I miss notes and when I hit them correctly, the indicators on the frets are very vague compared to PC. Something is definitely not right. I would really appreciate a fix on Mac, thank you.

raynebc
10-24-2013, 07:21 AM
So you're having a similar issue. There's alot of people having a similar issue with the new game who are using older cables.
You might be onto something. I left all cabling connection to my console, and when I fired up the game today and got to the first tuning screen, it wouldn't detect any audio from my bass. I had to unplug and replug the realtone cable and then it worked. Given how frequent of a problem this seems to be, I hope the developers fix it in the next update.

After playing a couple more songs, it definitely seems the game is too generous in leveling up songs before I've ever played them. More than once now I've had to go into Riff Repeater when I started a new song and manually lower the difficulty of the entire song because the game thought I could handle playing all phrases fully leveled up. From the pre-launch interviews, it sounded like the game was supposed to watch how you handle yourself in a new song to determine how much to automatically level up a song the first time you play it, and it doesn't sound like this is working quite right yet. Maybe it just takes more gameplay for the game to figure it out.

KillaGolfa
10-24-2013, 07:48 AM
I have the same issues!

KillaGolfa
10-24-2013, 07:49 AM
I am also having problems with graphics on Mac running Mavericks 10.9

The venues do not show, and the visual queues on the fretboard are not showing correctly. I compared on the PC and there is definitely a difference. The fretboard also looks more plain I believe. Instead of venues, I just see blank greyish backgrounds. I verified settings, and adjustments to visual detail did not have an effect. I do not see it say 'miss' when I miss notes and when I hit them correctly, the indicators on the frets are very vague compared to PC. Something is definitely not right. I would really appreciate a fix on Mac, thank you.

I have the same issues!
New to the forum so i didn't know the difference between reply or reply with quote so sorry for the repost

sether01
10-24-2013, 08:06 AM
Don't Fear the Reaper isn't showing up as an owned DLC. It doesn't show up in the ingame Rocksmith 2014 for purchase store either.

fallenkell
10-24-2013, 08:16 AM
[Platform: PC/Windows 7 (64 bit)]

This is a high performance PC with 'old' i7-2600k, so there is plenty of performance and multi-threading capability.

However, I am noticing issues and strange fluctuations with the tuning, like others are reporting, and I think it might be related to an underlying problem: the sound input being "choppy" and cutting in and out.

I get the impression that this is happening with all the sound sampling, but when I turn on the microphone functionality it shows up in an extreme and functionality-breaking form: I can recognize the words being said in a microphone, but pitch information and a good bit of the sound between "chops" seems to be missing. Of course, singing doesn't work at all with this, and even though I'm able to barely make out the words in my voice, the game doesn't seem to register the attempt. Note that the sound issue isn't just when playing a song, but in the "audio monitor" mode outside of songs as well.

Update: For the idea of a lesser version of the extremely choppy voice microphone issue being present for the guitar: I didn't notice a problem in the Tone editor after removing the Pre-Amp, and during song playing I can't really evaluate that well, but my original observation was based on the way the sound meter seems to behave and sporadic artifacts in the sound specifically while in the Tuner. However, the voice microphone audio is choppy an absolutely every place I hear it in RS 2014.

I don't know if this is an issue with getting the raw input, or if there is some sort of processing that is being done and the problem is being introduced there and then its output is being played, but regular Windows audio monitoring (and the prior Rocksmith last time I ran it) didn't have this problem with the same hardware and settings.

Yes, I am using the default exclusive audio control mode, though I did try turning it off and it seemed to behave exactly the same (struck me as odd, as I would have expected a noticeable difference).

I also have some other issues that I hope are slated to be addressed, like the issue with Rocksmith 1 DLC not being recognized, and there being a list of DLC songs at the "top" of the "Learn a Song" list that appears and disappears apparently at random, as well as being surprised that I had to quit and restart the game to get a RS 2014 DLC purchase to show up in the accessible list of songs.

I have this EXACT same problem. PC i7-3770, 16GB RAM, Nvidia 670 GTX, Windows 7 64bit. The original Rocksmith works perfectly fine on this system with the real-tone cable. I can also open up the device and enable the "listen to device" outside of Rocksmith 2014 and it is perfectly clean with all 3 of my guitars and by 1 bass. But if I start up Rocksmith 2014, there is a cyclical interference/artifacts on the sound the game acts as though it is coming from the guitar/bass I have connected to it. In the tuner it will warn about only strumming one string, even though that is exactly all I am hitting (even while muting all strings). In a song, this interference is also presented as stutters in the video and audio tracks (with the background audio tracks getting slowed down and distorted as well).

flipsidescreen
10-24-2013, 08:17 AM
Same here (iMac 27", late 2012)...

I guess I'll third this problem. I'm seeing the same issue on my iMac.

2013 27" iMac
OS X 10.9
3.5 GHz Intel Core i7
24GB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 775M 2048 MB

ckentavr
10-24-2013, 09:51 AM
PS3, Bass as Player1, Guitar as Player2.

Multiplayer is definitely not loading right. Scores made in multiplayer are sometimes saving, but never loading for player1, although the player2 scores are usually not saving and usually loading. The headstock data isn't loading from the save fiile.

Tuning in multiplayer has a glitch in the Calibration: The words displayed for the second player don't update correctly, saying to 'Make some noise' while it wants the strings muted, for instance. The display of the noise level of both guitars is on both meters, which is both confusing and possibly not intended.

Tuning in Sessions iin single-player s displaying a spurious second player, after entering and exiting multiplayer. It isn't the same guitar that was in multiplayer, but was another bass.

Venue in multiplayer is a grey fog that shifts. It doesn't seem right.

Guitarcade: If you haven't gotten onto a leader board, you have to wait through the leaderboard challenge message every time. This is going to be a severe impediment to playing as more players get the game, because it seems to double the time you're sitting staring at your failure.

UPlay on PS3 this time managed to exit the game correctly today, but UPlay still hasn't loaded. I can get to it on my mac, but no idea how I'm supposed to unlock the song.

Song Packs: Only the $10 update pack shows, none of the other song packs show in the store.

Missions: I have a mission to 'play a rocksmith recommended song'. I've barely begun playing songs in this version, but there are no songs with the R icon next to them, and the top eight songs on my recommended list are all locked DLC. It shouldn't be recommending songs that are locked, for one, and for two, a mission shouldn't be stuck because I can't play the next song in the list because it's locked. It's a catch-22..

-Crissa

LvlNinety9
10-24-2013, 09:54 AM
The tuner is a bit touchy with the high e. I noticed that if I just keep plucking and watch the needle instead of the numbers it tends to work better. But that's on my 360. Not sure about PC.

ckentavr
10-24-2013, 09:58 AM
I am starting from ground 0. I do not understand exactly how this is supposed to work. I start the song (apparently single note--no chords) and expect it to explain how to play the piece. It does not tell me which finger/fingers to use and when, it only shows which fret to press the string on, and string to strum and if it is. I expected it to tell me if there is a recommended/more efficient way to strum.
In playing a guitar, there isn't a best way to get from point A to point B that doesn't depend upon your finger length, strength, training, guitar, strings, neck, etc. It would be impossible to train people that way. It's not a trumpet.

Songs only tell you what frets. It's up to you to decide the way you can manage that. That's normal for music. Heck, sheet music doesn't even tell you what fret - because most notes can be played on more than one strong at different frets.

The lessons tell you various things about how to hold the guitar and how to fret. Read the lesson on 'Shifting', it says where to place your fingers and how the display tries to indicate where your hand should be during the song.

-Crissa

dm_gsxr
10-24-2013, 10:43 AM
Bah, the sound problem hasn't gone away. Some settings file somewhere has been toasted. The game is unplayable. :(

Carl

sether01
10-24-2013, 10:49 AM
Have you tried double checking the audio latency settings in the ingame options?

dm_gsxr
10-24-2013, 11:19 AM
Have you tried double checking the audio latency settings in the ingame options?

It's one of those things where it _was_ working and all of a sudden it stopped.

With that, when I stopped Steam (from Steam, click Steam, Exit) and then started UPlay and started Rocksmith (which restarted Steam), the sound was reset and worked. I also noted that when I unplugged my Bass last time the noise went away until I plugged in the Guitar and it came back. I have a second cable which I'll have to try if (when) it does it again.

Carl

demalion
10-24-2013, 12:16 PM
I have this EXACT same problem. PC i7-3770, 16GB RAM, Nvidia 670 GTX, Windows 7 64bit. The original Rocksmith works perfectly fine on this system with the real-tone cable. I can also open up the device and enable the "listen to device" outside of Rocksmith 2014 and it is perfectly clean with all 3 of my guitars and by 1 bass. But if I start up Rocksmith 2014, there is a cyclical interference/artifacts on the sound the game acts as though it is coming from the guitar/bass I have connected to it. In the tuner it will warn about only strumming one string, even though that is exactly all I am hitting (even while muting all strings). In a song, this interference is also presented as stutters in the video and audio tracks (with the background audio tracks getting slowed down and distorted as well).

There is a pdf file BuckNodules pointed out (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/802356-Rocksmith-2014-Official-Bugs-and-Issues-Thread?p=9335313&viewfull=1#post9335313) that you could walk through and see if it helps. I don't know if you also tried out the voice microphone, but turning off "Win32UltraLowLatencyMode" fixed (only) that specific issue for me. Note: this being turned on (1) is supposed to be an improvement, so I don't think you should leave it turned off (0) if it doesn't actually improve anything...

Maybe some of the other options might help you out, though, and you can share some info in that regard if so.

demalion
10-24-2013, 12:19 PM
Oh...I don't know if it was some sort of Steam backlog delay thing, or if it was something that was fixed or handled by some new process ubisoft/valve initiated to address the issue, but my RS1 DLC finally did show up as accessible in-game.

gargravar
10-24-2013, 01:16 PM
The one big problem I am having is that after a few songs the menus get stuck on the first entry. If I move the mouse or use the keyboard the menu selection changes but a 10th of a second later it goes back to the first menu item. I have tried a different mouse. This is windows 8.1

As far as tuning goes. It looks about the same in RS 2014 as what my other tuners do that are fast enough (two PC base and one analog) to show the sampling results quickly so maybe someone with the problem could video it?

JohnCash2012
10-24-2013, 02:02 PM
I am having the same issues and I have a Mac Book Pro running the new Maverick update with more than required RAM and everything else of course.. Have they said anything else about it yet? It is unplayable as of right now. I can only get a tuner to work the first time then every song i want to play i have to exit the game and restart just to get passed the tuner. And i see no marks of which finger to use or anything. looks the same as the pics you posted.

Add another to the list.. Just installed mavericks. I can't say for sure that Mavericks is because of the trouble, but after installing is when I started having issues. may also have coincided when my old DLC appeared in my song list.

The game seems to start out okay but after a few minutes a lot of the video elements just disappear some portions unplayable.

Klopzi
10-24-2013, 02:13 PM
PS3 Version here. Some Audio glitch.I had the game for 2 days and noticed today that the sound was pretty bad. It may have gotten progressively worse as I played the game.

I'll try to explain. I have the PS3 hooked to a Home Audio surround sound and have not changed a thing since I was playing RS1. The sound was somewhat muted. Very low volume. It tried to kick in a couple of times for a few seconds and then went back to a muffled sound.

I will try it again.

This same issue occurred on my Xbox 360 version last night. Sound (both song and guitar) were muted, kinda foggy and quiet. Every now and then, my guitar would jump up and down in volume as well. Everything just sounded "off" - pretty disappointing and frustrating. I'm not a good enough player to recognize when songs sound terrible because of my playing or due to technical/software issue.

This isn't something that occurred in the original Rocksmith with the same set-up. I rebooted my 360 after a soft-crash (Xbox menu let me exit to dashboard even though the game was non-responsive) and things seemed better once it restarted.

Klopzi
10-24-2013, 02:17 PM
Just confirmed the audio issue. When is session mode the band and audio sounds great. The guitar sounds ok. RS14 forces me to turn the volume all the way up on the guitar (RS1 did this also).
In the other modes (ie Lesson) the sound tracks sound flat. Please fix.

The Tuner bug creep-ed up its ugly head. In session mode today, the tuner made me tune the strings from high e to the low e (opposite direction bottom of the fret to the top) and it was way off.
Went back to the main menu and accessed the tuner and it was fine. My strings were tuned. Went back to session mode and the tuner wanted me to adjust the stings again. It was way off again, though that time the tuner started with the low e (top of the fret board. Got the problem a few times and then just shutdown. I'm off to bed and hope it fairs better tomorrow. :)

Please fix.

Please

Same issue on the Xbox 360 with the tuner tuning from low to high and the tuning being off in general. When tuning, I tune up to the proper frequency. I'm using a new Gibson that does not have any tuning issues outside of the game.

Klopzi
10-24-2013, 02:20 PM
The tuner is a bit touchy with the high e. I noticed that if I just keep plucking and watch the needle instead of the numbers it tends to work better. But that's on my 360. Not sure about PC.

I can confirm that this is an issue on Xbox 360. Many times I'll just have to start again, tune the high E really flat then tune back up to the correct note. Sometimes take 1 or 2 tries to have the tuner "get it". I'm a new guitar player but Rocksmith veteran so I'm familiar with tuning a guitar (wonder how many times I've seen that Rocksmith tuning screen...).

Klopzi
10-24-2013, 02:23 PM

Like I said, we have three cables now, and the oldest cable (they're all marked, so I know which is which) is the only one with this issue. Even if the design hasn't changed, it is notable that it 'wore out' or was in some way manufactured more poorly.

-Crissa

Tuner issues have occurred for me using both new and old RealTone cables. Game seems to have some general issues with the in-game tuner.

mesabassman
10-24-2013, 02:45 PM
PS3: (Fat Classic 60GB) The game froze on me right after starting the game. I went to pick a song while seeing "enumerating DLC" I had to turn the PS3 off and back on.

I am also having a tuning issue. I have both a korg and another brand clip on tuner that both work fine. This morning I fired it up and had horrible tuning issues. The G, B, and E strings all had to be flattened about a quarter step to show as tuned in 440. I never had this problem in RS1.

Also, I have a mission to calibrate my guitar in Session mode. I have done it three times and it does not register that I have done it.

Please fix the bugs!

Matt_Foster
10-24-2013, 03:02 PM
2.3 Intel Core i7
16 GB Ram

Thanks, make that 3 people with the exact same problem.
2.3 Intel Core i7
8 GB Ram

etaumpa
10-24-2013, 03:38 PM
PC- Version Blackscreen thanks for playing! When I launch I get the uplay app showing up and then I get a black screen and then a message form the uplay app stating thanks for playing! I have an issue opened but getting impatient. I have tried various reloutions to no avail. So I have not been able to play the game yet! I knew I should have stayed with an xbox version.

In Device Manager under Human Interface Devices I disabled a few game controllers that were listed and the game works! Great job. Having a blast thank you so much!

:)

fr4gus
10-24-2013, 05:06 PM
I also have a Macbook pro 15" mid-2012 non-retina
2.3 Intel Core i7
16 GB Ram

My issues right now are related video lessons. Before updating to Mavericks, I was able to see the videos, but now (10.9) I just see the caption an videos are all black :(

PaladinOfKaos
10-24-2013, 05:19 PM
PS3 here.

I've encountered multiple freezes. They seem fairly random, and aren't necessarily associated with the save icon.

Freezes so far:
* Backing out of editing a tone (only once - all other times before and after have worked)
* Going to uPlay (second attempt at this worked)
* Twice in a row attempting to load my wife's profile as Player 2. When we switched it around so she was player 1 and we loaded my profile as 2 it was fine

I can also add my vote for "the tuner is jumpy"

Pln9fos
10-24-2013, 05:32 PM
Okay, from what I can tell, nobody else has mentioned these couple of glitches with the in-game tuner that I've encountered. I got the game yesterday for PS3, and it has been running fine for the most part. However, I've had two specific glitches with the in-game tuner that thus far can only be fixed by exiting and re-starting the game (although they quickly happen again within 15-20 minutes of the re-start); both of these don't seem to be specific to any particular tuning on the guitar, but they just seem to happen after I've been playing for 15-20 minutes. Edit: Not even that time span that I mentioned exists any more; the tuning glitch just occurred for the first song that I tried to play when I re-started the game, so it's just completely random.

First bug variation: When I go to tune for any song, the tuner never moves past the low E string, even after registering the tuning as being correct; I've even had the note going long enough for the tuner to register it as properly tuned four times in a row, but it still won't move up to the A string. Second variation: After the tuner says that the low E string is tuned correctly and has me move on to the A string, if the A string is out of tune, it just forces me to re-tune the low E string against instead without showing me how out of tune the A string is. I just recently noticed that what seems to be happening for this variation of the bug is that after I tune the low E string, the "Precision Tuner" option becomes available while I'm already in the tuner, and after the game reads the A string as out of tune, it automatically selects the "Precision Tuner" option, thus forcing the tuner to start from square one.

Is anyone else currently running into this sort of issue with the tuner, regardless of what version of the game they're playing?

dataway
10-24-2013, 05:37 PM
Is anyone at all addressing the issue of all the purchased DLC from the original Rocksmith not showing up in 2014? I spent a bunch of money on that stuff, now I can't use it. I don't mean the songs that came with original Rocksmith, I mean all the extra DLC I bought for the original Rocksmith. I'm not going to pay $10 to import the DLC I've already paid for.

dm_gsxr
10-24-2013, 05:44 PM
What system are you on? Mine showed up the next day except for Don't Fear The Reaper.

Carl

dataway
10-24-2013, 05:50 PM
Yep, they just pushed a small update to my 2014, started the game and the DLC showed up. Problem solved.
Thanks.

dm_gsxr
10-24-2013, 06:00 PM
Ok, this is unacceptable. I've tried to submit tickets to the Support Site twice now and both times I get the following error:

We are encountering a technical issue with the page you are trying to view.
We apologise for the inconvenience and we will work to fix the issue as soon as possible. In the meantime please click here (https://support.ubi.com) to return to the homepage.

Here's my ticket information:

The game started out ok but has started getting distortion. First after playing Boston Peace of Mind but it recovered. Then it was getting distortion and slow sound when starting the game. Yesterday I was able to go into session mode and play with different settings and be ok. But later in the day the distortion was getting worse. Today it's to the point that even powering off and powering on the computer makes no difference.

I checked out the RocksmithConfiguration.pdf and checked the .ini settings against my Rocksmith .ini settings. In Rocksmith2014 I disabled the microphone and dropped the LatencyBuffer back to 2 with no change after exiting and restarting Rocksmith 2014. Then I changed it to 1 and restarted Rocksmith 2014 with no change. Finally I moved the speakers from the XTreme Gamer Soundcard to the onboard Gigabyte soundcard but no change in the game.

Settings:

[Audio]
EnableMicrophone=0
ExclusiveMode=1
LatencyBuffer=1
ForceDefaultPlaybackDevice=
ForceWDM=0
ForceDirectXSink=0
Win32UltraLowLatencyMode=1
DumpAudioLog=0
MaxOutputBufferSize=0
[Renderer.Win32]
ShowGamepadUI=0
ScreenWidth=0
ScreenHeight=0
Fullscreen=2
VisualQuality=1
RenderingWidth=0
RenderingHeight=0
EnablePostEffects=1
EnableShadows=1
EnableHighResScope=1
EnableDepthOfField=1
EnablePerPixelLighting=1
MsaaSamples=4
DisableBrowser=0
[Net]
UseProxy=1

I've attached the dxdiag file from my system which I just ran.

In addition, I've uploaded the video of the problem to youtube so you can view the actual issue.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8Jbv7HwOXM&feature=youtu.be

Carl

InfinitR
10-24-2013, 06:33 PM
I just submitted a few tickets and it worked so maybe try again. Otherwise, maybe try without an attachment and see what happens.

dm_gsxr
10-24-2013, 06:38 PM
The first time was without an attachment. But it is frustrating.

Carl

mesabassman
10-24-2013, 07:33 PM
Carl, the same thing happened to me. I tried first with waterfox (Mozilla 64bit browser) with the same error and then with IE and it went through the second time.

I-ATE-NewJersey
10-24-2013, 07:33 PM
I seem to be having some kinect issues that a few others also seem to be experiencing. I've also just spent about ten minutes trouble shooting it and it seems related to the volume of my speaker system.

two things are happening consistently,

1) I can strum an E chord followed by strumming the open stings which brings up the menu asking me if I want to exit to the main screen.

and

2) I can also strum an E chord followed immediately by an A chord to change tones.

This seems to happen regardless of what guitar I'm playing. I tried it with a Fender '51, a Jazzmaster and even a Dano '59 12-string.

I've also tried adjusting my guitar's volume in the mixer, but I've tried it at 5 point increments all the way down to 10 and it still happens.

I've also experimented by standing close to the tv/xbox and also from as far as my cable will allow and it still happens.

I've also changed the direction the speakers are facing.

There are only two fixes I've found:

The first is deactivating the voice commands, and that's not really a fix. The second seems to be turning down my speaker volume. This keeps the problem from happening, but I also have to play the game at a modest volume which is helpful but certainly less rockin'.

Any ideas? Is there a way to readjust my kinect?

Other than a the above and one-time freeze during a load screen, the game is AMAZING and a great improvement! Thanks!!!

Steel_Nirvana
10-24-2013, 09:24 PM
I haven't seen this one in this thread yet, but for the XBox 360 version, there doesn't seem to be a way to import the original RS content into 2014 if you decline the initial option. I looked everywhere, and can't find the option.

Do I need to delete my profile and start again, or what?

rcole_sooner
10-24-2013, 09:28 PM
I haven't seen this one in this thread yet, but for the XBox 360 version, there doesn't seem to be a way to import the original RS content into 2014 if you decline the initial option. I looked everywhere, and can't find the option.

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/802801-Help-importing-old-on-disc-songs-for-Xbox-360 (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/802506-Rocksmith-2014-Mac-and-importing-previous-Rocksmith-tracks)

Revir
10-24-2013, 09:49 PM
Hello, I have played rock smith a lot, and love it. I have one issue however, and that is having to take my hands off my guitar to interact with the menu of the game. I understand this is a bit of a cosmetic or glamor reason, but it just really breaks up the game play for me, and the learning.

I was thinking why not make an option to control the menu using musical phrases, and have them mappable, so that the player can change them and choose which phrase does what in the menu.

For instance, and number of power chords, or a progression, other things I have no idea about that are useful learning exercises.

This would create a constant learning flow throughout the game, from getting in to songs, to choosing the volume, to pressing play. All could be made in to musical phrases that help us learn as we navigate the menu.

Thank you for your time.
Mike.

dmitrijsz
10-24-2013, 09:50 PM
BSOD during game launch

After I start this game, it passes showing technologies and just at the moment when it shows white screen and a pick (bottom-right corner) my PC crashes. BSOD shows a memory dump process and halts computer.

Config:
Intel C2D E8500;
ASUS nVidia 560 Ti
4GB Ram
Win 7 - 64 Pro (up to date)

RT cable were both plugged and unplugged during tests.
After 1-st BSOD I tried to disable HID devices, but it didn't help.

Steel_Nirvana
10-24-2013, 10:02 PM
Thanks, rcole_sooner--I'm not so heavily invested in the game yet that starting with a new profile is a big deal..

lunat1k42
10-24-2013, 11:02 PM
2.3 Intel Core i7
16 GB Ram

Same issue for me. It happens after I play the first song after game start. This is a horrible issue, since tuner is unusable after it has happened.
Macbook Pro w/ Retina display (mid-2012), Core i7, 16 Gb RAM, NV GT 650M.

Does anybody know how to fix this?

georyan
10-24-2013, 11:12 PM
Using a Window 7 PC that runs the original Rocksmith fine via Steam.

The 2014 tuner is so unstable I can't even get past the initial tuning stage. It fluctuates wildly, and in some cases shows it off by +/-999 when my pedal tuner shows the string is in tune.

Very disappointing.

AMoneyistheNam
10-25-2013, 12:05 AM
Couple of major issues:
1. I've played two GuitarCade games so far, and both have crashed upon completion.
2. I play both bass and guitar. I'm a lot newer to guitar, so it would make more sense for the difficulty levels to be lower in guitar. However, it seems that my "adjusted" difficulty level carries over between the two instruments, necessitating for constant manual adjustment, which is extremely annoying.

Nyarlah
10-25-2013, 12:48 AM
On main issue for me: when audio exclusivity is checked, all is well and the sond goes through my "active" soundcard. But when I uncheck audio exclusivity, the sound suddenly goes through my onboard sound interface, which is not the default/active sound interface at the time.

I'm very happy with 2014 regarding the delay: I get none with my titanium sundcard (it was unplayable with RS1), but I unchecking exclusivity reroutes the sound through my cheap onboard sound interface.

Selurevad
10-25-2013, 01:57 AM
In OSX there appears to be nowhere to set up your Uplay password after you install. I changed my UPlay password a day or two after installing and the game reports Ubi server's are offline anytime I check leaderboards. Once it dawned on me what the actual problem is, I couldn't find anywhere in the game where I could change the password.

l alkyholic l
10-25-2013, 02:04 AM
My game on the xbox 360 has frozen multiple times.. never while in the middle of a song or anything so it had been fine.. but JUST now, it froze and when I reloaded the game it said my save was corrupt and I lost absolutely everything I had done... and I have been doing some work :-(

also.. I'm having minor problems with the game not hearing my notes correctly sort of like things that have been stated. Things that I know are not the fault of my beautiful gibson les paul that is serviced regularly. To be specific the Ninja slide n will at times claim I've slid passed my targe note when I definitely did not.. while other times it's pretty accurate. Verry inconsistent even if I calibrate and tune before/during the game with out of game sources. Another specific example is for some reason I'm not allowed to 100% the first little soloish section of Jack White's Sixteen Saltines. While leveling up or playing any other parts of the song, my 2nd octave high E(12th fret) is recognized and heard perfectly fine.. but when that part gets leveled up to JUST before master it stops recognizing that note in the begginning section of the solo intro and the same note when it's bent a couple times the measures to follow. It's not my guitar as the note is fine and registered in other songs and clearly heard. I experienced this reguardless of string changin, system resetting, or game calibrating. I have also experienced it on two play thru's since I am now restarted all over on a fresh save and re-grinding through the challenges ugh.. Thanks for listening and hopefully the sensitivity or something is fixed because My guitar setup is no joke and I have my 360 outputs split between my 1000 watt pa and my tv through hdmi as suggested..

rafataro
10-25-2013, 02:47 AM
Ok it's a fact... game is unplayable on Mavericks...
Don't know why i was in such a hurry to buy this... crap...

dm_gsxr
10-25-2013, 02:57 AM

Recommended is Lion not Mavericks. Heck I just got an email from work telling my not to upgrade my Work MacBook Pro to Mavericks because it breaks VPN access.

Carl

Selurevad
10-25-2013, 03:52 AM

Dude - Mavericks was just released. Be smart and don't upgrade if you want stuff to work. This is like expecting RS2014 to work on the next version of windows which isn't out yet. I'm no fanboy, but its a little ridiculous to call it crap because it doesn't work on Mavericks.

Understeer79
10-25-2013, 04:18 AM
My game on the xbox 360 has frozen multiple times.. never while in the middle of a song or anything so it had been fine.. but JUST now, it froze and when I reloaded the game it said my save was corrupt and I lost absolutely everything I had done... and I have been doing some work :-(

also.. I'm having minor problems with the game not hearing my notes correctly sort of like things that have been stated. Things that I know are not the fault of my beautiful gibson les paul that is serviced regularly. To be specific the Ninja slide n will at times claim I've slid passed my targe note when I definitely did not.. while other times it's pretty accurate. Verry inconsistent even if I calibrate and tune before/during the game with out of game sources. Another specific example is for some reason I'm not allowed to 100% the first little soloish section of Jack White's Sixteen Saltines. While leveling up or playing any other parts of the song, my 2nd octave high E(12th fret) is recognized and heard perfectly fine.. but when that part gets leveled up to JUST before master it stops recognizing that note in the begginning section of the solo intro and the same note when it's bent a couple times the measures to follow. It's not my guitar as the note is fine and registered in other songs and clearly heard. I experienced this reguardless of string changin, system resetting, or game calibrating. I have also experienced it on two play thru's since I am now restarted all over on a fresh save and re-grinding through the challenges ugh.. Thanks for listening and hopefully the sensitivity or something is fixed because My guitar setup is no joke and I have my 360 outputs split between my 1000 watt pa and my tv through hdmi as suggested..

Hey dude, im on 360 as well and seem to have same set up as you. My tuning is just horrible, everything I play sounds like i've just picked up a guitar for the first time, even old RS1 songs. 2nite im gonna try with the new cord that came with the game, if that doesnt work i'll try install the game to my xbox hard drive. Have u had tuning problems on xbox? Maybe I should tune as per RS tuner and then b4 I start the song re-tune with my own tuner?

jasoncarnell75
10-25-2013, 05:59 AM
Dude - Mavericks was just released. Be smart and don't upgrade if you want stuff to work. This is like expecting RS2014 to work on the next version of windows which isn't out yet. I'm no fanboy, but its a little ridiculous to call it crap because it doesn't work on Mavericks.

Sorry, that is not an excuse. Mavericks has been out for developer testing for a while. It's pretty apparent that mavericks broke rocksmith, the least the could have done is put a disclaimer up on the site.

I can confirm that it is a mavericks issue. After experiencing the same issue, I grabbed a clean install of mountain lion on another mac, game works fine, install maverick, game broken.

Sure there's danger involved in upgrading to the latest and greatest, but any mac developer worth their salt would have known mavericks is coming and tested on the Final version before start selling it.

Having said that, after playing it on mountain lion, I love it, hopefully undisputed fixes it quick, because it's worth the wait.

backinblack2012
10-25-2013, 06:11 AM
I find that RS 2014 needs to be recalibrated after switching from guitar to bass. The guitars I use for RS have mini humbuckers (2012 Gibson rail design) and a Schecter with PAF style humbuckers. My bass has active pickups. If I don’t recalibrate before tuning the bass I have the wacky twenty cents off tuning problem. This was never an issue with the original RS.

Please make switching between rhythm/lead/bass a simple button press. Entering a menu to do it is waste of time and inconsistent with the overall minimal menu style of RS 2014.

ckentavr
10-25-2013, 06:39 AM
You never know exactly what's going to break with the release version of an OS. You have an inkling, and you hope to have your updates to it. My spouse's company never managed to get to Mavericks testing, they were busy trying to clear older versions, for instance.

Anyhow, back to bugs. Playing on a PS3.
Further Riff Repeater Bugs
Riff Repeater Menu, Back takes you back to the song outside the riff repeater
Riff Repeater menu, Continue Song takes you back to the song outside the riff repeater
Riff Repeater - if you pause, then press back, it takes you back to the song outside the riff repeater.
This behavior is totally not what you'd expect, it's not nested UI properly. If you accidentally push any of several buttons on nearly every screen the riff repeater is exited with settings wiped and the song starts playing.

Tuning is sketchy, but my oldest cable is impossible to tune every time, but the new cables are fine - they exhibit the same somewhat too-sensitive tuner as all three. But they don't go into 'your volume is too low' and stop syncing like the eldest cable does.

I really wish the older guitarcade games were still playable, the new games are fun, but ducks redux is too hard for a beginner. The skill levels for the games are just way hard. The old games were touchy and might not work, but at least were simple.

-Crissa

sether01
10-25-2013, 07:06 AM
Using a Window 7 PC that runs the original Rocksmith fine via Steam.

The 2014 tuner is so unstable I can't even get past the initial tuning stage. It fluctuates wildly, and in some cases shows it off by +/-999 when my pedal tuner shows the string is in tune.

Very disappointing.

Try plucking over the 12 fret with the tone knob turned all the way down and your pickup switch on rhythm(neck pickup)

Black_Widow9
10-25-2013, 08:29 AM
Don't Fear the Reaper isn't showing up as an owned DLC. It doesn't show up in the ingame Rocksmith 2014 for purchase store either.
Don't fear we're working on a fix for this. ;)

Any ideas? Is there a way to readjust my kinect?

Other than a the above and one-time freeze during a load screen, the game is AMAZING and a great improvement! Thanks!!!
Have you tried this?
http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-360/kinect/audio-tuner

For the 360 you could try this workaround:
Users can temporarily move their save data to an external location (like a USB drive), and then start the game. This will consider them starting fresh, and again prompt them to download the Disc Import Pack. Users can successfully download the import pack using this method, and then return their save data to the original location to maintain their progress.

Hey dude, im on 360 as well and seem to have same set up as you. My tuning is just horrible, everything I play sounds like i've just picked up a guitar for the first time, even old RS1 songs. 2nite im gonna try with the new cord that came with the game, if that doesnt work i'll try install the game to my xbox hard drive. Have u had tuning problems on xbox? Maybe I should tune as per RS tuner and then b4 I start the song re-tune with my own tuner?
Have you double checked this Support Article first?
https://support.ubi.com/en-US/FAQ.aspx?platformid=35&brandid=934&productid=4285&faqid=kA030000000eSoyCAE

For those of you having issues with Mac we are aware of and looking into it.

If you are not sure how to properly configure your computer for the best Rocksmith 2014 experience, please make sure you look here:
http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/802854-Rocksmith-2014-PC-Configuration-and-FAQ

Everyone please make sure that you do create a detailed Ticket with Ubisoft Support for your issues.

Sandman441
10-25-2013, 09:40 AM
Any ideas on how I can fix my sound error when trying to tune my guitar? It's only the B and e string (purple and green strings) if I upstrum the strings it's fine, but if I downstrum the strings that's when I get the problem. Also when playing Spirit of radio the beginning is mostly e string and any time I downstrum the string I get missed, but if I upstrum the string I dont miss the chord.

monachusLepus
10-25-2013, 09:48 AM
I did post about this in a different thread on these forums. I started having an issue with RS immediately minimizing on startup, and every time I try to click on the taskbar icon to bring it back up. I had to drop my monitor's resolution to one of a few resolutions as 1080p stopped working about the third day.

The work-around -- these screen resolutions allowed me to play RS 14:

1366x768
1360x768
1280x800
1280x768
1280x720
1024x768

Everything else that my monitor supports causes the game to immediately minimize.

rkessels
10-25-2013, 10:04 AM
Hi . When i start the game i have the tone intended for a song and i can change the tones with the 1-4 keys and they work , when i go and play a song or session mode or guitar cade it reverts back to clean tone and i can`t get it to work proper again untill i restart the game . i tried different soundcards but the problem remains . I have no other problems at all no lag no nothing just the tone keeps changing to clean , this is not fun to play . i made a post about this yesterday in thw wrong section :( hopefully ill get an answer here

Forgot to say im playing on a pc , win7 64

gargravar
10-25-2013, 10:48 AM
I thought the stuck menu item was a windows 8.1 issue. I just re-installed 8.0 and am still having the same issue.

I made a video :-) All I was doing was moving the mouse horizontally a couple of centimeters with no mouse press.

http://youtu.be/UGPMy2aLoSs

I tried a different keyboard and mouse to no effect. At least I can play the first song in each sort order I guess!

Rutg3rO
10-25-2013, 11:28 AM
2 issues on PS3 EU

1. I can't get the RS-vanilla songs in RS2014. Yes, I own RS-vanilla. Yes, it is installed on my PS3 and yes, I opened the RS store, selected packs and there was only a message for me to come back later.
2. During RR. Even if I have locked the speed (accelerate = no), sometimes, out of the blue, the RR speeds up to 100%. The next iteration is nicely back to my selection speed, but once in a while it just, for one iteration, goes up to 100%. It doesn't really bother me, but it is kind of a strange behaviour.

MasterOfCodePC
10-25-2013, 01:21 PM
I noticed that I get a lot of buzzing through the RS cables with or without a guitar plugged in, is anyone else having this problem.

The game seems to pickup movements in the cord that the original RS did not. I have two cords and I checked the both of them. I also checked the original RS after and have no problems with buzzing like i do in RS 2014. I am using an XBOX 360 Elite (black one built before the slim versions)

I anyone else having this problem.

To duplicate plug in the USB open RS 2014 and move the cable without touching the metal parts or plugging in a guitar. It buzzes constantly for me.

I am also have the problems with the high e tuning, but it sounds like everyone else is too.

Nephytis
10-25-2013, 03:14 PM
PC version. 2 things that drive me crazy.
1 In the riff repeater the O and P move the bracket around, but the right button moves it to the left and the left to the right. 9 and 0 to expand work like expected.
2 When playing a song it changes from lead to clean based on the part of the song. Please give me a button to stop this or at least a slider to crank the volume up on the clean channel...

BrunnenG
10-25-2013, 03:23 PM
Try plucking over the 12 fret with the tone knob turned all the way down and your pickup switch on rhythm(neck pickup)

Tried that with no luck.

I've had the best results by very lightly touching the string being tuned just at the nut while tuning. Sometimes ringing after a pluck works, on other strings tremolo picking is needed.

Both workarounds are fairly silly though. Here's hoping they get it fixed in a patch soon.

Or, even better, an option to disable the precision tuner entirely. Leave the quick tuner when alternates are used, leave the mini tuner on the pause screen, but allow people to say "I know how to tune my guitar, I know it's in tune, go away."

Workyticket75
10-25-2013, 03:44 PM
On xbox here, bass path.

Have a problem with low volume on some of the authentic tones. I have the player bass volume set higher than the track volume by default, and the songs' native tones are at the right volume. But when I switch to a preset authentic tone they come in much quieter - the Megadeth Symphony of Destruction tone is particularly bad, and is often almost completely drowned out by the track. A bit annoying, as it's my favourite tone in the games :)

PS-man94
10-25-2013, 04:26 PM
On MAC there is an issue with the visuals i.e. the background in the game is black. All the menus, and note highway are black, I can see the text and menus just fine and the graphics of the game are very different than the PC version. I've seen this issue with other people as well but I didn't find a solution.

Papacidero
10-25-2013, 04:30 PM
Tune my eletric guitar in Rocksmith 2014 became an freaking hard task. I launch my old Rocksmith (RS1) to check if something with my system mess with the tune system, but in the old Rocksmith tune goes smooth. The major problem is with the highest strings, sometimes RS2014 tells me that my guitar sound is very low (But I always set the volume knob to the highest possible, and Rocksmith 1 never complain about it) I'm using a IntelŽ Core™ i7 3610QM, 8GB ram, NVIDIAŽ GeForceŽ GT 630M 2 GB, running on Windows 8.1 - 64 bits, and the Rocksmith 1 Cable.

jft1768
10-25-2013, 05:12 PM
PROBLEM WITH CTD ON PC VERSION

I can't get past the "Create New Profile" page. Every time I press the button to create a new profile the game instantly crashes to desktop. I bought the game through Steam and have re-installed it twice now. I have also updated my SB Recon 3D drivers, my video drivers, and my MB drivers. Still no luck. Anyone have any ideas? Windows 7 64bit here.

mattspaeth
10-25-2013, 05:44 PM
MAC VERSION - OSX 10.9

1. Unstable quitting of Rocksmith app. Once, I quit but Steam thought it was still running and wouldn't let me quit Steam. Two times it threw an exception and crashed when Rocksmith quit.

2. Laggy playback of videos in lessons with no other programs running. I am on a 1.8GHz i7 with 4GB of RAM. Not a new computer, but it should still be able to handle this.

3. Tuner problems. Tuner is right on the line but RS doesn't recognize it as in tune, have to use down arrow to cycle through.

4. Improper string/fret recognition. Intermittently recognizes string/fret incorrectly in games and songs.

I have been waiting months for this game. It's still usable, but after all the streaming previews I would have thought there wouldn't be nearly this many bugs.

My other problem is that sometimes Steam says it has lost connection when all my other connections are working. There could be some problems with Steam that are causing some of the bugs in RS. I have checked the incompatible apps with Steam and I am not running any. I don't know why Steam is so finicky. I wish RS would not have used it.

Nepharis
10-25-2013, 05:45 PM
PC Version

The tuner in rocksmith 2014 is a mess and it needs to be fixed. Everytime when i launch a song/lesson etc the tuner shows my guitar strings to be 20+ off tune, while in rocksmith 1 everything is fine! On top of that the guitar sound in the menus and whille tuning is very distorted. However whille watching a lesson it sounds fine... my specs AMD ATHLON II X4 640, 8GB RAM, ATI 6870 1GB, SOUNDBLASTER AUDIGY, WIN7 64bit

loopjunkie
10-25-2013, 05:56 PM
Every time I start the game it black screens and kicks me out. The game worked for 2 days and I played about 5 hours but today it stopped working.Please help me get up and running again I want to play it!!! =)

http://youtu.be/pY0Ejhi45Lo (http://http://youtu.be/pY0Ejhi45Lo)

kdepauw
10-25-2013, 06:25 PM
I expirience a few problems :

1. It is very hard to tune the guitar even when i'm using my BOSS tuner, the rocksmith tuner tells my i'm out of tune. Sometimes it takes up to 10 min. to get the guitar tuned with Rocksmith 2014.
2. Rocksmith tells me the volume of my guitar is low and i should raise the volume. I'm using an original Fender Strat witch works fine when i use it with my amp.
3. If i try to set the screen settings to Full HD (1920x1080) Rocksmith crashes tot my desktop.

I'm using an IntelŽ i7 with NVIDIAŽ GeForceŽ 760GTX and Windows 8.1 x64

LongJaw
10-25-2013, 06:37 PM
My PC version has serious problems....
the sound is crackling and the voice speaks slowly!
I can't even tune my bass, the meter goes crazy. This happens even without the bass connected.
I've the Xbox version usb cable, but it worked with the first Rocksmith.
I'm asking also.. may I use my ASUS Xonar Essence sound card for directly plugging my bass?

Intel i5-2500k / Geforce 670 GTX / ASUS Xonar Essence PCIE / Windows 8.1 x64

MrCheatak
10-25-2013, 06:41 PM
I'm using my MacBook pro 15' ,2.3GHz i7, 10Gb DDR3 RAM, OS X Mavericks 10.9
Problems with tuning: I can tune normally only once(until relaunch) and all next times there's no tuner(only strings and headstock).

Alltab
10-25-2013, 07:10 PM
I got thepc version. I have (so far) two problems:
1 i cant connect to the game servers (ubi soft servers)
2 i get a lot of extra noise when hitting a string. Therefore i cant tune the guitar, and cant play (cant continue). When tuning, the program keeps saying i should only hit one string. Which i am doing, but the extra noise is causing the problem.

Please check out the facebook page also. More users have these and other problems

tjdrico
10-25-2013, 09:52 PM
PC

I have to quit twice. The first time I quit, I confirm that I want to quit, but RS2014 leaves me at a screen that says "[Enter] Begin". I then have to press ESC and quit again.

Low E on bass still doesn't sustain. RS2014 drops the note after a second or two.

RS2014 tells me to turn my bass up, even though the volume is on full (is this just a case of recalibrating with the volume turned way down load?).

dm_gsxr
10-26-2013, 02:53 AM
I keep making adjustments to my audio to eliminate the crackling. I've adjusted Latency down to 1 and up to 16. At 16 it was okay so I dropped it down to 8. It started ok but the next time I loaded the game, it started ok but scrolling down the list of songs had it drop into crackly/slow mode. I kicked it up to 12 and again it started ok but when I was following the lessons, I got to the Ernie Ball Strings lesson and it crackled and slowed down. I kicked it up to 16 and it started ok but when I hit the tuning for starting a song, it started crackling and slowed down.

Ever since I started this game, the crackling has been getting worse and worse. I can't believe my system is degrading that quickly especially when I started Rocksmith and everything's working just fine.

I've opened a ticket (finally!) with Ubisoft but no response as of yet.

I keep trying hoping I've found the solution but nothing yet. My next step is to drop it into Classic Rocksmith emulation mode. I had it there earlier and while it sounded like crap, I was able to get in and play.

I hope this gets addressed soon. This is quite frustrating for a release two of a game.

Carl

Brick235
10-26-2013, 02:59 AM
Don't know if anyone has posted anything on this.
1 - The song track at times is so low you can barely hear it. Exiting and trying again returns it to normal but it keeps happening.
2 - If player 1's arrangement starts later in the song than player 2 you won't be able to use riff repeater on player 2's sections before that point.
3 - You have to exit all the way to the beginning to change paths. Makes it a real hassle to switch instruments.

plate0fshrimp
10-26-2013, 03:35 AM
Hi . When i start the game i have the tone intended for a song and i can change the tones with the 1-4 keys and they work , when i go and play a song or session mode or guitar cade it reverts back to clean tone and i can`t get it to work proper again untill i restart the game . i tried different soundcards but the problem remains . I have no other problems at all no lag no nothing just the tone keeps changing to clean , this is not fun to play . i made a post about this yesterday in thw wrong section :( hopefully ill get an answer here

Forgot to say im playing on a pc , win7 64

I get this clean tone bug too. I go to learn a song and play Rise Against - Savior, when the song is finished, the game puts me in a clean tone and I can't use any other, even playing other songs it will still have a clean tone during it. Have to restart the game to fix it.

shihdo
10-26-2013, 03:45 AM
please sort out the volume resetting thing rocksmith does to my pc settings, keep having to alt tab out and go through the control panel to put my mic level back up to 100 from 17, happens once or twice an hour. and turn the volumes up for the guitar in game.

PowerAll
10-26-2013, 04:39 AM
On the Xbox, the song "Rock and Roll All Nite" by KISS has the lead and rhythm guitar songs swapped. Trust me, I would know.

Black_Widow9
10-26-2013, 06:12 AM
please sort out the volume resetting thing rocksmith does to my pc settings, keep having to alt tab out and go through the control panel to put my mic level back up to 100 from 17, happens once or twice an hour. and turn the volumes up for the guitar in game.
Have you changed the Audio Exclusivity to "On" already?

paulscarratt
10-26-2013, 06:51 AM
Running a retina macbook pro (early 2013) on OSX Mavericks (10.9) - Game is stable but missing nearly all graphics. You cannot see the backgrounds or indicators telling you wether you've hit the string or are late etc.

Black_Widow9
10-26-2013, 09:16 AM
Just so you guys know, I've created this Sticky so you may want to take a look at it. ;)
http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/803091-Help-FAQ-s-amp-Current-Issues-Workarounds

LongJaw
10-26-2013, 09:31 AM
problem solved by myself editing rocksmith.ini

MrCheatak
10-26-2013, 11:33 AM
Are you going to optimize Rocksmith for Mavericks soon?

dustysubset
10-26-2013, 11:59 AM
I am having the exact same issue. I have the same computer with the same OS except that i have the retina.

Same thing.. OSX Mavericks on Retina Mac (15"). Graphical glitch, slow response and game crashed once (within first 30min of it running).

Dreadsome
10-26-2013, 01:19 PM
When you are in Rhythm mode House of the Rising sun shows as not available in that mode. It is still possible to play but there is a big X on it instead of you %. Isn't it nice when this is the only "bug" I found so far.

paulscarratt
10-26-2013, 01:30 PM
For those having graphics issues on mac with mavericks, I've discovered if I disable discrete graphics using gfxcardstatus and rely on itegrated (HD4000 on my machine), game plays fine! Seems to be an issue with the discrete GPU (GT650M on mine).

GaryRS1
10-26-2013, 03:20 PM
UPlay messes up steam big picture mode when you exit the game. Should be an option to not load up the pointless heres how many points you earned playing the game screen upon exit.

In addition it's not possible to restart the game as the uplay client is still running so steam believes the game is still running. Close that on a tv with just a controller is a bit of an issue.

GaryRS1
10-26-2013, 04:16 PM
Your "I'm having trouble tuning the guitar" FAQ entry could do with an addition. I found it impossible to tune at first with the tuner fluctuating wildly, turned out windows had set my rocksmith cable volume to 17%. I increased it to 85 and problem solved. Actually put it to 100, but then couldn't calibrate, muting the strings kept detecting too much noise ;)

mben1978
10-26-2013, 04:28 PM
hi. not sure if im in the right place but how do i transfer my on disc play list from rocksmith to rocksmith 2014? thanks

shihdo
10-26-2013, 04:32 PM
tried to play every breath on rhythm, playing along and kept seeing missed note on the screen, it was only then I noticed the transparent blue notes on a transparent blue runway with a blue back ground..... is this a new difficulty measure,? I've actually had to switch from my monitor to a 32" inch tv with hdmi to try and sort the colours, the current scheme is not PC friendly and as I've noticed others saying it does make having to wear my glasses a nessessity that I didnt have with RS1.

shihdo
10-26-2013, 04:50 PM
currently trying to put tickets into Ubisoft is not working, problems with the site, also have not been able to access the leaderboards since early yesterday.

tjdrico
10-26-2013, 04:51 PM
Your "I'm having trouble tuning the guitar" FAQ entry could do with an addition. I found it impossible to tune at first with the tuner fluctuating wildly, turned out windows had set my rocksmith cable volume to 17%. I increased it to 85 and problem solved. Actually put it to 100, but then couldn't calibrate, muting the strings kept detecting too much noise ;)

I did this, but Rocksmith 2014 seems to set it back to 17% each time it starts.

SparkierJoNESZ
10-26-2013, 05:02 PM
i have issues with the game not registering my enter button sometimes

one time i had to force quit the game because i completed a mission and had to press enter but it didn't do anything functional besides play "you pressed a button sound"

GaryRS1
10-26-2013, 06:35 PM
I did this, but Rocksmith 2014 seems to set it back to 17% each time it starts.

I noticed similar although I thought it was windows doing it. When I changed it again though, it saved it that time. Whether it's RS or Windows changing it back, no idea.

There's a minor bug where if you play on PC using a controller and bring up the Steam overlay, then return to rocksmith, it will occasionally lose all controller/keyboard/mouse input until you tab out and back into the game.

Edit: Spoke too soon. Played a few times and the game appears to have reset the mic volume to 17% again. Looks like this will need correcting on every launch of the game until it's hopefully fixed in a future update.

woolyninja
10-26-2013, 08:13 PM
For those having graphics issues on mac with mavericks, I've discovered if I disable discrete graphics using gfxcardstatus and rely on itegrated (HD4000 on my machine), game plays fine! Seems to be an issue with the discrete GPU (GT650M on mine).

Will definitely give this a try today! Thanks

EDIT: Ok, this definitely works! I've been playing for 30 minutes now and the graphics are staying normal!

eyalshan
10-26-2013, 08:18 PM
Don't know if it has been reported or not, but on PC, with RS1 songs, in some of the tones you don't hear your guitar while you play, I ran into this in the pixies - where is my mind and in black keys - next girl.

Draynam
10-26-2013, 10:37 PM
Ooo, new bug:

PS3
We swapped players in the multiplayer, as player2 was logged in. It's only showing the scores that player1 has saved, none of player2 scores.
Note: Player2 doesn't have an online account, and isn't going to.
Unsure if this is affecting anything else, but not every player account on a machine is going to have an online account! Some will be children, visitors, etc.

-Crissa

Hi,

I experienced the same thing and managed to reproduce it at will : go into multiplayer (with an initially blank profile as player 2), play a bunch of songs, and as soon as you exit Multiplayer mode and go back to the main menu, every progress player 2 has made is lost. You can go into multiplayer again and his mastery percentage is null for every song, and he has to start back at the lowest level.

Player 1's progress is correctly saved.

Actually, I don't know whether the problem is related to saving or loading the progress of player 2. I'll try a few things to find out, like using the player 2 as main player and loading the player 1 as guest, to see if his progress is correctly loaded, or if he ends up with zero mastery as well.

Of course every one sees his problem as the most urgent, but for someone who plays almost exclusively multiplayer (with the wife and visiting friends), this is a very serious issue.

I'm also on PS3, with disc based game and initial update downloaded at first run.

Less important : I noticed that right after we end a song, the mastery levels and accuracy displayed for both players are ok, but at the top of the screen both "mastery diagram" are the one from player 1. Then, when we go to the next screen, the right diagrams are displayed for each player.

Apart from that, great experience, Rocksmith 2014 is a killer, so much better than the first one...

Danny-Ramone
10-26-2013, 10:43 PM

Will definitely give this a try today! Thanks

EDIT: Ok, this definitely works! I've been playing for 30 minutes now and the graphics are staying normal!

I can confirm that this helps (massively), but I doubt it displays the graphics as intended. The game was almost unplayable for me before disabling the discrete graphics, as I could hardly see the visual feedback on 'hitting' a note/chord, and disabling discrete graphics has solved that. The graphics remain 'off' though. Chord pane repetitions (i.e the colourles ones) are very hard to see, and colours in general are very muted compared to Windows. In particular, it's very difficult to distinguish between the 'orange' and 'red' strings. Disabling discrete graphics makes the game playable, but in no way comparable to the Windows version

I do think there's a wider issue when it comes to colour separation (orange/red/yellow). Even when playing the game in Windows (where colours are as intended, presumably), I sometimes mix up the strings which was never an issue with RS1.I'm not sure what's causing this, but I suspect the (fretboard) animations are affecting colour perception. Either way: colour separation for the purpose of string selection is not what is was in RS1.

Other than that: I'm liking it :D

pedietz
10-26-2013, 10:47 PM
Hey guys you need to check the "levels" on the Sounds->Recording Devices->Rocksmith microphone tab.

I set mine to 86.... then it mysteriously resets itsself to 16 by the next day.

This shows up as a very hard-to-tune tuner.

woolyninja
10-27-2013, 12:15 AM
I can confirm that this helps (massively), but I doubt it displays the graphics as intended. The game was almost unplayable for me before disabling the discrete graphics, as I could hardly see the visual feedback on 'hitting' a note/chord, and disabling discrete graphics has solved that. The graphics remain 'off' though. Chord pane repetitions (i.e the colourles ones) are very hard to see, and colours in general are very muted compared to Windows. In particular, it's very difficult to distinguish between the 'orange' and 'red' strings. Disabling discrete graphics makes the game playable, but in no way comparable to the Windows version

I do think there's a wider issue when it comes to colour separation (orange/red/yellow). Even when playing the game in Windows (where colours are as intended, presumably), I sometimes mix up the strings which was never an issue with RS1.I'm not sure what's causing this, but I suspect the (fretboard) animations are affecting colour perception. Either way: colour separation for the purpose of string selection is not what is was in RS1.

Other than that: I'm liking it :D

Have you tried making sure your graphics settings are at medium or high? Also, not trying to be a smartass but have you tried the color blind mode by chance to see if that makes it more playable for you while the devs look into these issues?

decelj
10-27-2013, 01:48 AM
I too am having graphics issues with OSX 10.9 (Mavericks). I experience stuttering when playing song or in the riff repeater. Sometimes the graphics become really washed out. It's nearly impossible to determine when notes are hit as there's almost always no indication on the note or fretboard that they've been hit.

Late 2008 MacBook Pro, 2.53 Core 2 Duo, GeForce 9600M GT, 4G RAM, running OSX 10.9. I also tried the other graphics card, GeForce 9400M, no dice.

I can't seem to figure out how to put in an official bug report (Ubisoft's support page is useless). If someone know the link, let me know.

Matt_Foster
10-27-2013, 01:56 AM

Sorry to sound stupid, but could you explain how to do this? I am new to mac and cannot figure out. Thanks!

rcole_sooner
10-27-2013, 02:14 AM
I got a freeze tonight followed with this dialog. I was entering NonStop Play mode, the first song was about to start, but no note highway.

Runtime Error

Not enough space for thread.

Matt_Foster
10-27-2013, 02:44 AM
I figured out. Downloaded gfxcardstatus. will try it out. Thanks

PowerAll
10-27-2013, 03:56 AM
Once, using my Xbox and going into Session Mode, I selected a standard rock type of background band. I then started playing Session Mode and the background band was silent. I couldn't get them to play anything no matter how much strumming I did and at any volume. Really weird. It hasn't happened since.

ghostofgar
10-27-2013, 05:07 AM
Once, using my Xbox and going into Session Mode, I selected a standard rock type of background band. I then started playing Session Mode and the background band was silent. I couldn't get them to play anything no matter how much strumming I did and at any volume. Really weird. It hasn't happened since.

I'm having this same problem, except my session mode hasn't worked once, no matter which backing setup I load it doesn't work.

It also doesn't show any pictures of the instruments??

I'm on Xbox also :(

backinblack2012
10-27-2013, 05:17 AM
Sustained notes can cause a pretty intense drop in framerate. But for me this is limited to playing bass. Today I tested this by playing Thunderkiss ’65 five times each on bass and guitar. Guitar sustains seem to work just fine, but most of the time I sustain a bass note the framerate seems to drop in half.

paulscarratt
10-27-2013, 05:40 AM
I figured out. Downloaded gfxcardstatus. will try it out. Thanks

Hi sorry should have been a little clearer! Once you run gfxcardstatus you should get a little icon on the menu bar (will be an i or a d) if you click on that you should be able to select which graphics chip you want to use.

Glad it seems to be working for people and hopefully will give Ubi some inkling as to where to look for a fix. I've updated my support ticket with the info

Black_Widow9
10-27-2013, 05:56 AM

Same thing.. OSX Mavericks on Retina Mac (15"). Graphical glitch, slow response and game crashed once (within first 30min of it running).

I too am having graphics issues with OSX 10.9 (Mavericks). I experience stuttering when playing song or in the riff repeater. Sometimes the graphics become really washed out. It's nearly impossible to determine when notes are hit as there's almost always no indication on the note or fretboard that they've been hit.

Late 2008 MacBook Pro, 2.53 Core 2 Duo, GeForce 9600M GT, 4G RAM, running OSX 10.9. I also tried the other graphics card, GeForce 9400M, no dice.

For those of you doing this, disabling Discrete Graphics should only be available on certain nVidia Chipsets for 10.9 Mavericks. If you have a different chipset can you please let us know. You can find this by selecting "About This Mac" from the Apple Menu, then picking "More Info" which should show you the Video Card Specs.

I can't seem to figure out how to put in an official bug report (Ubisoft's support page is useless). If someone know the link, let me know.
Here is the link to Support:
http://support.ubi.com/
From the Main page on the left click "My Questions", then click the "Ask A Question" tab near the top center. You can then fill out the form and add any additional information/screenshots or logs.

If you still cannot create a Ticket then you can call Support based on your location from the list here:
http://www.ubi.com/US/Support/InternationalSupport.aspx

ckentavr
10-27-2013, 09:12 AM
I have crashed the game hard twice (but not reproducible, sadly) and tonight, after a few hours of playing in multiplayer, we added some custom pedals and played in nonstop in single-player mode... Did one more song for the trophy - and the game played the song as if we were in the parking lot. The band was barely audible, the crowd slightly more so, and the guitar was fine. Then at the end of the song, the venue faded out, and the game... Stalled. The amp still worked fine, but no menus. Could get to the PS3 menu, tho. But weird. ^-^ Cleared the one more song mission, too, even with the crash.

-Crissa

Draynam
10-27-2013, 09:34 AM
Hi,

I experienced the same thing and managed to reproduce it at will : go into multiplayer (with an initially blank profile as player 2), play a bunch of songs, and as soon as you exit Multiplayer mode and go back to the main menu, every progress player 2 has made is lost. You can go into multiplayer again and his mastery percentage is null for every song, and he has to start back at the lowest level.

Player 1's progress is correctly saved.

Actually, I don't know whether the problem is related to saving or loading the progress of player 2. I'll try a few things to find out, like using the player 2 as main player and loading the player 1 as guest, to see if his progress is correctly loaded, or if he ends up with zero mastery as well.

Of course every one sees his problem as the most urgent, but for someone who plays almost exclusively multiplayer (with the wife and visiting friends), this is a very serious issue.

I'm also on PS3, with disc based game and initial update downloaded at first run.

Less important : I noticed that right after we end a song, the mastery levels and accuracy displayed for both players are ok, but at the top of the screen both "mastery diagram" are the one from player 1. Then, when we go to the next screen, the right diagrams are displayed for each player.

Apart from that, great experience, Rocksmith 2014 is a killer, so much better than the first one...

Alright, I checked today and the issue is definitely related to saving progress, not loading it. After switching players (player 2 as main, player 1 as guest), the mastery levels of player 1 were successfully loaded, and those of player 2 were still null, which indicates they were never saved in the first place.

It may be worth mentionning that current path, headstock style and handedness weren't saved either for player 2 when played as guest in multiplayer.

thehighwayman69
10-27-2013, 12:31 PM
Volume resetting. If you window the game and have the recording device properties open to "levels" you can watch when it resets the volume to 17 when loading the game. It's annoying to tab out to go reset it every time. Running win8.1 x64 Steam download version

thehighwayman69
10-27-2013, 12:48 PM
Cannot seem to get a microphone to work. It's plugged into the 3.5mm jack of the computer. I can hear it when not in the game, but nothing when the game starts. I have it set to "on" in the game settings. And the device volume in windows is up around 85% with +30dBThanks for any help!

Win 8.1 x64 Steam download version.

TonyFarkas
10-27-2013, 01:53 PM
Tuner issue on PC Win8.1 steam download, using RS1 RT cable

I'm on win8.1 and having a very hard time tuning, it keeps saying my guitar level is too low and will not tune the b high e sting at all. I also noticed the in game speakers only produce 1 or 1 sound waves rings when the b and e are plucked like it cant detect the sound. then I noticed the record level on the RS cable keeps getting reset to 17 each time I start the game. so after starting the game and loading my profile, but before I goto the tuner I change the level to between 60 ~ 70 and it will let me tune.

is there something tied to my profile that resets the mic ( rs cable ) to 17 each time?

http://s22.postimg.org/5o858hr01/Screenshot_9.png

H4ush1nk4
10-27-2013, 02:06 PM
I downloaded Rocksmith 2014 from Steam to my computer, and I keep having quite a few problems, such as (I've seen others post about it) the white loading screen glitch. One of the most annoying things that keep happening, is that when I change the peddles and amps around, it goes from the correct sound, to a clean sound and will not go back to the correct sound unless I shut Rocksmith down and restart it twice (the reason I have to restart it twice is because it will not load properly the first time, it either stays at the white loading screen, or loads the background for the menu up but with no options.) This problem is really stopping me from enjoying Rocksmith, if anybody has found a way around this problem, please let me know. Thanks.

jprat1985
10-27-2013, 02:08 PM
Gold on the ceiling +BUG+ !!

Hi,

There is a bug in the song "gold on the ceiling".. i played the refrain like 45-60 min and i get always 1 error at the same 2 spots. its on the first mute part " A5D5G5 X MUTE" the second mute part is ok.

i played the song in 10 % speed 50 80 and 100 % always the same error on the 2 same parts. Like i said it has nothing 2 do with my guitar or my technic, its realy just on the same two parts on the refrain.

I cant get my master cuz of this 2 errors please fix it. THX ALOT.

Have a great day

FinalFunklen
10-27-2013, 02:16 PM
I know how to tune, dont worry. Problem is, that game makes tuning very annoying and bad. I have to tune it, then after check tune it again. Moreover, game wanna to lover strings all the time, which make the loose. While playing, i have to retune strings by ear, cuz game cant catch most notes.
Rocksmith 1 tuner was way better.

I know, that Ubisoft used to **** up most things but what the ♥♥♥♥ ubisoft?

Negimized
10-27-2013, 05:41 PM
I just want to check.. other than the obvious problems which everyone have with the new tuning system. Is the system a bit more biased towards the Single-Coils? Because whenever I plugged my Telecaster in it, it gives me tons of headache trying to tune the guitar into the "right setting" for the song. However when I attempted to tune it for the same song using my Les Paul, it was surprisingly easier.

STEDELBOMB
10-27-2013, 06:15 PM
I have this problem repeatedly, especially the high e. I found that if I tremolo pick the string that won't tune properly I can get it to tune as long as it is close to actually being in tune.

FinGerSoFuDgE
10-27-2013, 06:26 PM
Getting frequent crashing on the Xbox version and appears to be common with others too....

Knaifhogg
10-27-2013, 08:38 PM
PC version:

Changing to Non-exclusive Fullscreen mode does not work, it goes back to Exclusive Fullscreen mode. Also there's no Windowed mode? I thought I saw that in some video earlier.

Many tunes have very low sound, most notably Carry on Wayward Son verse, and complete Cowboys from Hell. You need to go every song and make it more even. Some songs also are way louder than others.

The arcade games with chords seem to be a bit off. They often trigger the same chord again (resulting in minus points), or they don't trigger (frustrating with the 3 time strum parts, where usually it triggers one too few, and then you frantically have to strum another).

The RealTone cable goes back to 17 volume every time you start the game.

ChjodTheWacko
10-27-2013, 08:41 PM
Bends confused the hell out of me until I realized they seems to be 'upsidedown' for inverted fretboard.
For example, for the high e, you bend by pushing the string up. The game shows the bend going in the downward direction.
Reverse is true for low E - bend indicator goes "up" when you in actuality are pushing the string down.

If you're doing to do that, I'd just prefer a consistent interface, i.e. the bend "line" goes "up' when you are bending the string, regardless of which physical direction you are actually pushing the string. I kept thinking the high E were some sort of strange pre-bend. Or, at the very least, explain this in the tutorial.

- Frank

Black_Widow9
10-27-2013, 09:49 PM
PC version:

Changing to Non-exclusive Fullscreen mode does not work, it goes back to Exclusive Fullscreen mode. Also there's no Windowed mode? I thought I saw that in some video earlier.
You should be able to use Windowed Mode.
http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/802854-Rocksmith-2014-PC-Configuration-and-FAQ
It will be under the Visual Settings Menu, Windowed Mode. ;)

Bends confused the hell out of me until I realized they seems to be 'upsidedown' for inverted fretboard.
For example, for the high e, you bend by pushing the string up. The game shows the bend going in the downward direction.
Reverse is true for low E - bend indicator goes "up" when you in actuality are pushing the string down.

If you're doing to do that, I'd just prefer a consistent interface, i.e. the bend "line" goes "up' when you are bending the string, regardless of which physical direction you are actually pushing the string. I kept thinking the high E were some sort of strange pre-bend. Or, at the very least, explain this in the tutorial.

- Frank
Have you looked in the Lessons section? There should be a Lesson on Bends. ;)

tjdrico
10-27-2013, 10:19 PM
This isn't a bug as such, but a quirk of the interface (on PC):

When quitting Rocksmith, the uPlay window stays open. That means that "hours played" in Steam are wrong, as it seems to only take notice of when the uPlay launcher starts or stops, not Rocksmith itself.

So that means that, for an accurate assessment of how much time I've played, I need to:

1. quit Rocksmith
2. quit Rocksmith again, due to the exit bug
3. quit uPlay as well

Seems rather silly.

Thanks for making it so that Rocksmith does actually start without having to press Play in the uPlay launcher though. :D

Knaifhogg
10-27-2013, 11:04 PM
You should be able to use Windowed Mode.
It will be under the Visual Settings Menu, Windowed Mode. ;)

Oh yeah, I guess I am used to having even the current option available at the top so I automatically ignored it. Still, non-exclusive does not work.

canarddefeu
10-28-2013, 12:14 AM
I bought the games with playstation store and I've installed it. But my real tone cable ( from rs1) isn't detected so I can't play or calibrate my guitar. The Cable work fine on rs1. What can I do?

Reesrevo
10-28-2013, 12:23 AM
I've been seeing a weird bug... I'm using a 360 and occasionally the game enters pause mode for no reason mid songs whether in learn or attack mode which can be quite annoying! (I do have a kinect plugged in if that has any bearing on the matter)

Grogglesbass
10-28-2013, 12:28 AM
Popping in to post some issues:

I'm doing bass and am working through the lessons. Many of the lessons I cannot do because the game insists I'm on the wrong frets, which I'm not. The slide lesson freezes on the 7th fret as soon as the exercise begins and it tells me I am in the wrong place. I just tried to do the Power Chords and the Double Stops and the game just keeps saying I'm on the wrong fret. I've moved up one and down one and nothing registers at all.

If I go into a lesson that has a practice track that is a short song, I am getting 100% on many of them at reasonably high speed and playing songs on easy mode is not giving me "miss" indicators.

Edited to add: my guitar was recently professionally set up and is in tune.

Mr M0J0 J0J0
10-28-2013, 01:01 AM
Hi, using the mac version here from Steam.

Sometimes when I use the tuner there are no overlays, I get the guitar shape but no details, the tuner also seems to be not working in the background because I get messages to tune the guitar, when I know it is in tune because I just played a track. there is no way to proceed other than to restart the client.

This is also the same problem I have wirth GUITARCADE, the game starts and I hear music but see no images. I cannot play the game and have to restart, it happens once per session so far.

Anyone esle having mac problems with Rocksmith 2014.

Other than that, great stuff, really enjoying it.

thanks

l alkyholic l
10-28-2013, 01:12 AM

I'm not really having tuning issues.. My les paul is tuning perfectly, there are just specific notes in specific songs that it WILL NOT hit correctly under certain conditions that don't at all make any sense. I'm using the old cord and have installed the game on my hard drive.. doesn't help the freezing issues at all and Saltine Crackers definitely will not play my 2nd octave high e note in the solo if it's above the 90% level. Makes zero sense.. I started my save over only to have the game continue to freeze on me and worry me that I'll corrupt my save data and lose all progress again. My only other guess at a solution is to change my xbox settings to a lower output like 720p in hopes that it was a graphic issue that causes the system to jam. I don't think that's the issue, but the last rocksmith did recommend 720 as part of the sound splitting setup.

Black_Widow9
10-28-2013, 01:41 AM
I've been seeing a weird bug... I'm using a 360 and occasionally the game enters pause mode for no reason mid songs whether in learn or attack mode which can be quite annoying! (I do have a kinect plugged in if that has any bearing on the matter)
You may want to try and calibrate the Kinect audio again.

I bought the games with playstation store and I've installed it. But my real tone cable ( from rs1) isn't detected so I can't play or calibrate my guitar. The Cable work fine on rs1. What can I do?
You should definitely make sure you create a Ticket with Ubisoft Support.

Popping in to post some issues:

I'm doing bass and am working through the lessons. Many of the lessons I cannot do because the game insists I'm on the wrong frets, which I'm not. The slide lesson freezes on the 7th fret as soon as the exercise begins and it tells me I am in the wrong place. I just tried to do the Power Chords and the Double Stops and the game just keeps saying I'm on the wrong fret. I've moved up one and down one and nothing registers at all.

If I go into a lesson that has a practice track that is a short song, I am getting 100% on many of them at reasonably high speed and playing songs on easy mode is not giving me "miss" indicators.

Edited to add: my guitar was recently professionally set up and is in tune.
Please create a detailed Ticket with Ubisoft Support.

Sometimes when I use the tuner there are no overlays, I get the guitar shape but no details, the tuner also seems to be not working in the background because I get messages to tune the guitar, when I know it is in tune because I just played a track. there is no way to proceed other than to restart the client.

This is also the same problem I have wirth GUITARCADE, the game starts and I hear music but see no images. I cannot play the game and have to restart, it happens once per session so far.

thanks
Are you using Mavericks? What are your Specs?
Please make sure that you create a detailed Ticket with Support also.

I'm not really having tuning issues.. My les paul is tuning perfectly, there are just specific notes in specific songs that it WILL NOT hit correctly under certain conditions that don't at all make any sense. I'm using the old cord and have installed the game on my hard drive.. doesn't help the freezing issues at all and Saltine Crackers definitely will not play my 2nd octave high e note in the solo if it's above the 90% level. Makes zero sense.. I started my save over only to have the game continue to freeze on me and worry me that I'll corrupt my save data and lose all progress again. My only other guess at a solution is to change my xbox settings to a lower output like 720p in hopes that it was a graphic issue that causes the system to jam. I don't think that's the issue, but the last rocksmith did recommend 720 as part of the sound splitting setup.
Make sure that you have your 360 set up with your TV using the Tips at the top here:
http://rocksmith.ubi.com/rocksmith/en-us/setup/index.aspx

If you are still having issues then please make sure you contact Support.

ICUSBonefish
10-28-2013, 01:48 AM

I thought it was my guitar, then I thought it was my attack, then I thought it was the game.. Same problem, but the low string on my guitar.

dradel
10-28-2013, 03:11 AM

When I started Rocksmith 2014 for the first time, the initial wizard kept backing up - so after a bit, I presumed my Kinect was doing weird things. I turned off the Kinect, and the problem is gone!

Mr M0J0 J0J0
10-28-2013, 07:26 AM
"Quote Originally Posted by Mr M0J0 J0J0 View Post

thanks
Are you using Mavericks? What are your Specs?
Please make sure that you create a detailed Ticket with Support also.
Ubisoft Support Website "

Hi, yes i am using mavericks, on an i7 macbook pro retina, I'm pretty sure the specs are covered. Thanks for the link to the support, i'll raise a ticket.

M

Goooner1
10-28-2013, 08:49 AM
Not sure it's been mentioned yet, but 360, game installed couple of times I've started session mode and the band doesn't play. Quit the game and restart and it works again.

Oh, and the freezes, needing a complete reboot, which I know have been mentioned.

daddy_felix
10-28-2013, 08:57 AM
PS3

Tuning the e-string of my bass is nearly impossible. The tuner says the input volume is too low (at all strings, but I can tune all but the e-string without problems), although the output signal knob is already at maximum. I keep on plucking the e-string, and it's always the same: first the "precision tuner". The numbers vary close at 0, finally the tuning is accepted. Then I'm supposed to pluck the string again, and he says "string is not tuned properly". WIth some luck, finally the tuning is accepted. But I don't want to pluck for 5 or 10 minutes, randomly tuning a little bit up or down to accept the tuning. In Rocksmith 1 I can tune the bass without problems, so it's probably not a problem of the bass.

Next problem: The disc-importer-Tool is missing (europe). During the initial setup I got the message "not available". When I check the ingame store now, I can find all the song dlc, but no "packs" nor "additional stuff" (or whatever the last category was).

nadeboy22
10-28-2013, 09:04 AM
Whenever I chose Leaderboards, it goes to Please Wait. Then it sits there for ages, with no leaderboard loading. My connection is fine, can download, play FIFA online with no lag etc. it seems to take AGES to load the Leaderboard. Most times I just give up and move on. PLEASE can the Leaderboard be updated more quickly?

Fantastic game though, I am enjoying it immensely! So very well done to the devs! You did a great job!

frAzzed2
10-28-2013, 09:23 AM
it won't clear the missions

'use the session drums' or ' use rack gear.

and ubisoft support won't allow me to ask my question about such things.
there is a thread on the rack gear issue

HenrixChinaski
10-28-2013, 12:43 PM
PC

Hello, I can't start the game, when I hit the play button a tiny blank window appears only with the "accept" button, I click it but nothing happen. I've reinstalled the game several times and RS1 works fine. Any solution? I didn't see this problem here and I'm very confused!

Rockin7GG
10-28-2013, 06:33 PM
I have been experiencing random crashes whilst playing Session mode, trying to complete missions. I cannot recall any specific action taken, which may have triggered these crashes. The game, in my opinion, is beautifully done, and far surpasses the original. It loads and plays very quickly and smoothly and, with the exception of the random session mode crashes, I am quite satisfied with the product.
I have attached the crash-dump files located in the install folder for your information and examination.
Thank you for your speedy response.

pulpsmack
10-28-2013, 06:47 PM
PS3

High E string detection/volume issues, particularly on Tuning mode

Use Rack Gear Glitch - fitting/changing rack gear didn't accomplish mission. Required restart. After restart fitting changing gear did accomplish mission

Danny-Ramone
10-28-2013, 07:58 PM
It keeps telling me that the Ubisoft servers are down, so I can't access the shop.

This happens on Windows as well as Mac. I'm pretty sure it's not the firewall, as RS1 can access the shop, and firewall settings for RS1 and 2014 seem the same.

Also, I can't find the disc import tool on steam, and I clearly can't get it from the shop. This is in Europe (UK).

Reesrevo
10-28-2013, 08:10 PM
I've been getting the cant contact server errors on n off too.. I just wait and retry, will be upset if it happens after I claim a spot in score attack though...

You may want to try and calibrate the Kinect audio again.

Nope, tried that today and it's done it again since. Inthe menu system it also often pops up the kinect hints panel.. Seems to be ultra sensitive and just related to me moving about!

Unplugging the kinect is a PITA because it's use the rear USB and that's all behind the compact/organised wiring in my man cave set up..
Easiest would be to yank the power..

Danny-Ramone
10-28-2013, 08:48 PM
I've been getting the cant contact server errors on n off too.. I just wait and retry, will be upset if it happens after I claim a spot in score attack though...

Yeah, but it's not 'on and off'. I've been trying for three days, and they're always unavailable.

tjdrico
10-28-2013, 09:29 PM
Occasional crashes on exit:

http://red-rose.com/images/RS2014-crash-1.png http://red-rose.com/images/RS2014-crash-2.png

pulpsmack
10-28-2013, 11:46 PM
PS3

The levels in "Paint it Black" (Lead Guitar Path/Mission) are horribly mismatched between the "clean sitar" tone and the "overdrive" tone. The former is astonishingly loud (louder than any other tone I have used to date) whereas the overdrive parts are extremely difficult to hear (and I have the my guitar settings at 100 and the music settings at 70).

ETA: There is also a sharp "Chorusy" sounding effect with the "Sitar clean" channel/tone. Interestingly enough, the intro bar before the chords come in is proper both in level and tone. As the tune is played following the drum beat/chords it is as if the "Sitar" channel kicks on and the levels and tone depart significantly from the (properly done) intro.

Obsconder
10-28-2013, 11:50 PM
On PC when I go into lessons the lesson sometimes won't play and it'll just freeze. I have to alt-tab and close manually. Also when starting Rocksmith there's about a 50/50 chance it'll actually load the game, sometimes it loads fine, other times it gets stuck at the screen just after selecting the user profile. Right when the speakers should come down from the top of the screen and present more menu options nothing happens and it just sits there showing me nothing, no menu options and no way to exit. This is frustrating and gives me the impression that the software is flaky. Hopefully there is an update for stability issues in the near future.

ROME THE MARK
10-28-2013, 11:56 PM
yup! having the same issue

Ramone92
10-29-2013, 01:08 AM
On PS3 I played a bunch of Heart Shaped Box on riff repeater and leveled the whole song up to around 90+% 2 days ago. I played it today and my progress had been wiped and the song had reset to around 50% mastery. After playing it and leveling it up again, no progress was registered and the song remained at the same mastery level that it was at when I started it. I had the same issue with Brand New Kind of Blue.

LumensAquilae
10-29-2013, 02:01 AM
A lot of track volumes and tone volumes seem to be completely all over the place. This is made worse by the crowd volume being really, really loud with no way to turn them down without disabling venues entirely.

C.Linton
10-29-2013, 02:03 AM
PS3 (US) I just started the game and noticed at least one of my old DLC had disappeared (B.B. king) along with all my On-disc songs (which I had gotten with no trouble with the import pack when I first started the game on Tuesday) was gone as well. I tried re-downloading both the B.B. King song and the import pack from my PS3's Transaction Management/Download List, the song showed up, but the RS1 on-disc songs were still missing. I then tried re-downloading the pack from the in-game Shop, and then it finally all showed up.

daddy_felix
10-29-2013, 08:55 AM
Tuning the e-string of my bass is nearly impossible.

A little bit of complaining seems to help ;) Tried again yesterday evening and it worked like a charm - no idea what was different to previous tries, but the tuning was accepted immediately.

When playing Def Leppard, I missed the open e-string several times while I had no problems with the other notes. Don't know whether it's bad timing or if I need to pluck harder or whatever.

onidlag
10-29-2013, 09:59 AM
Hello guys!

I've been playing RS2014 for 7 days now, played every single song in lead and rhythm path at least once, just to get the felling and it is amazing how smooth and dinamic the game is. 140% better than RS-vanilla.

But I've come across a few issues

1 - Action: Tried to chance inlay via My Rewards menu.
Result: Game froze. Had to quit game using XMB. The Inlay change though.
Tried with differents inlay, just to be sure wasn't a specific inlay problem, turns out happen with all inlay.

2 - Action: Playing Nonstop
Result: Froze the game twice in diffferent days and playlist. only thing in common is that it froze just before loading Black by Pearl Jam the first time and Alive by Pearl Jam the second time.
I was able to quit the game using the XMB. Played those songs individually and had no problem with. Played another session of Nonstop with no crashes.

3 - Action: Playing Carry on my Wayward by Kansas on Learn a Song.
After completing the rhythm path the game froze in the result screen.
Quit game via XMB. Happened twice with this song.

4 - Action: Choose My Here by Foo fighters to play Learn a Song.
Result: System froze. Had to turn the PS3 off. happened once.

--------------------
Rock on!

domohawk
10-29-2013, 10:08 AM
Some (always reproduceable) game bugs I have noticed. Win7 64 bit

1. Song selection: If you press UP to highlight a DLC song, the down button will no longer work until you exit song selection and enter it again.

2. Restart Song: all lead-in music / drummer counting is muted before the first required player notes arrive.

3. RIff Repeater: After a successful round of leveling up to 100% speed, the meter shows the speed to goes back to 75% however the song is played at 100%. Passing this will set both the meter and song to 85%. Completing another round at 100% speed will trigger the bug again.

Btw, the game is great! I only just got it today and will definitely post more bugs as I find them. Hopefully these will not be lost in the many duplicate reports.

westyfu
10-29-2013, 12:17 PM
Here goes...
Xbox360 Version

According to RS'14 I'm top leader board on Incubus - I miss you, out of 1 person..... lol
In learn a song i have it at 103.0%,
I've been playing this song for years and full well know all the chords it contains.

On A Washburn D200 Pro e ( Buzz Feiten Tuning System, EMG Active 81/85), on a Dean Razorback (SD Dimebucker/DMT) an old Les Paul copy (Tanglewood with added Dimazrio's) Another Ibanez Gio GRG270DX (Superstrat style H/S/H, all combinations tried) and a Yamaha RGX 121 s (Another H/S/H)

First section of the Chorus, the 9th chord (D, from E to e 0.0.4.-.3.-) will not register.

If i run it on Riff repeat, at Any speed, Any.... the only way i can get it to register on any guitar, is strumming the chord harder than ever needed, and also bend 4th fret on D string.....

In the solo for Stone Temple Pilots Between The lines ( 102.0%) right at the end, the 15th fret G string note, will not register on any of the guitars. (this one may be a tab error, and it's meant to be a 17? eh)

Klopzi
10-29-2013, 02:30 PM
Also having issues with the "Use Rack Gear" mission. Playing on Xbox 360.

I've tried all suggestions (cleared out all other effects and pedals, restarted the game, restarted the Xbox, etc. - see thread in forums) and nothing. Mission won't clear. Probably spent an hour trying to get this to work.

Wyldfyst
10-29-2013, 04:17 PM
Add another user having issues with losing tones in the game. Once they are lost, I need to restart the game to get them back. It does kind of stink to play songs with only the clean tone. I also have random lock ups, sometimes the game won't start up (Can only see the pick in the bottom right corner of the screen), but all in all I am very happy.

Is there a way to see leaderboards outside of the game?

JonathanMoro
10-29-2013, 04:26 PM
Stuck on the wire out on the fence keeps not registering my G Bar chord and I'm certain im pressing down all the strings. It picks up the other chords.

moogman79
10-29-2013, 04:46 PM
PC version, Bass, Slideing tutorial:
Up slide is working in the tutorial,
down slide will not be regognized.

See my forum post here:

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/803891-PC-Bass-Problems-with-the-tutrial-%28Sliding%29

Errlyriser
10-29-2013, 07:32 PM
Did you both install the game directly onto the Xbox or are you playing straight off of the disc?

I, too, have been experiencing this issue. I called Ubi last night and had a trouble ticket started. I'm playing off of the disk. The game, initially, froze during a session, then after a reboot, it would freeze while "Loading profile...". The rep suggested that I delete the games profile off of the system and try again. I did that and was able to go back through calibration, but when I was at the main menu and tried to make a selection, the game froze again.
Has this been made aware to the powers that be and is there a resolution in the very near future?

smyguitar
10-29-2013, 07:33 PM
First of all I want to say thank you to the development team for RS 2014, I'm enjoying playing it in the single player mode and I am seeing improvements
in my play with the addition of the new features to the note runway etc.

My major concern is with the Xbox Multiplayer feature in that it does not appear to save the progress of the 2nd player, for me that is making this
option useless. I have opened a ticket on this issue. Can we get a status on if/when this will be fixed.

Below is my feedback and questions on the product so far. Some of these items maybe due to my misunderstanding of how a feature is intended to
work. Some may be wishful thinking that uplay will be able to track my progress across xbox and pc !

Some more focus on QA and usability testing would be a +.

Background: Have been playing RS1 for approximately a year on PC in single player mode and on Xbox in mulitplayer mode.

key to notes below: "+" is a positive , "*" is a neutral and "-" is negative.

+ sounds a lot better than rs1
+ tone switching very cool
+ note recognition appears vastly improved.
+ faster performance in navigating menus and making selections. I'm not seeing any lag or stuttering.
+ like the additional information on play "miss", "late" etc.
+ I'm able to use acoustic/electric with RS2014 where it was flaky in RS1. Need some acoustic DLC's now !!
+ ability to launch riff repeater pretty much anywhere.
+ note notation improvements , bends, slides etc.
+ fret numbering of the note(s) a big +
+ session mode
+ Nonstop play, great feature.
+ Lessons overall improvement on RS1, a lot more detailed.
+ Guitarcade - have not played a lot but the ones I have tried appear to be an improvement over original. The games appear to be more addictive and
do not start you at ground zero every time.
+ Leaderboards
+ a lot more songs to learn and a good mix.
+ context sensitive manual

* note runway appears to come at you a lot faster once you are leveled up vs the original game.
* I miss the in song score in "Learn a song", no big deal
* I miss the "replay" of the song after running through it , I guess the intention is to use riff repeater.
* Xbox : Multiplayer : Phrase Banner missing from "learn A song" - realize that with two players the "level" is meaningless, but song progress would be useful
* not sure if I prefer the RS1 "journey" or the RS 2014 "missions" more. I do like that the missions do prompt you to "discover" parts of the game or tools
that you would otherwise be unaware of and is probably a better overall learning tool.
* colour of the orange and yellow strings / differentiating them is not a big issue for me, maybe platform or monitor specific issue.
* the jury is still out on whether having to go to "my path" to switch between rhythm and lead is a pain versus having all the guitar parts available at the song
level.

- some of the tones /volmes appear inconsistent
- 2 cables , the game still complains about 2 cables when you try to play in single player not sure why this is still an issue. Please remove
this restriction.
- Manual / documentation is lacking:
a. not sure why a manual would be in an "option" menu.
b. Need a reference of runway note symbols, chord symbols
c. Update manual to document all the options for riff repeater
d. Steam ids, Uplay ids, Xbox ids, PSN ids please document what the relationship between these and the in-game profiles are meant to
be.
e. What are the effect of Beginner vs, Novice vs Average vs Experienced vs Very Experienced on game play, leveling, missions, lesson paths etc ?
f. When I create a profile and respond to the "experience level" question with the value of say "Average" for Lead Guitar then I subsequently go
into "My Path" and decide to switch to Bass, for which I have zero experience, how would I set this to "Beginner" or should I create another profile
or does it matter.
g. Document multiplayer : what is saved for player 1 and 2, what is saved to player 1 e.g. any selected "favorite".

- [xbox] Multiplayer is buggy or the intent of it is not what I expect by the term mulitplayer as :
a. it does not save the 2nd player's progress after leaving the game/two player mode. This is my major issue.
b. does not track/save the scores of "player1/player2" combined "high scores" in Dual attack on leaving multiplayer. I do not think it displays
the scores in the song list after playing a song and returning to the songlist.

- launch day was a bit of a PR disaster with respect to
- "worldwide release"
- Steam : no time listed when the download would be made available. I guess would need by region/country
- Steam : confusion around how to get/buy/load the original game base content
- Steam : DLC originally created for RS1 still not showing in the Steam RS2014 DLC page.
- Steam : DLC purchased in RS1 not loading/migrating to RS2014. Thank you for getting this resolved relatively quickly.
- Charge for migrating RS1 base content RS2014.

- Multiplayer, Riff repeater needs "master mode" option at individual player level
- Nonstop play , only 1 playlist, would like multiple
- Uplay : what is the purpose of this ? If its simply drm then whats the point of steam, why do I need another task/resource/network connection ? If its meant
as a mechanism to be able to show scores/progress across multi-platforms then the Rocksmith 2014 profile creation in game needs to
ask which uplay/ubisoft account to associate the profile with.
- Rocksmith 2014 website 60 day Challenge : I think the Rocksmith 2014 profile creation in game needs to ask which uplay/ubisoft account to associate the
profile with otherwise anyone in my household that plays Rocksmith will be adding to my progress, how does any progress I make in multiplayer get
rolled up ?

- [PC] creating a 2nd profile
- " asked if I wanted to import RS1 songs" - should it not know they are already present , this was already done !
- did not ask to associate the new profile with uplay id so assume that its using the one I used to launch the game.

- [PC] In Learn A Song one recommendation was to "complete this lesson shifting 101" on selecting this the game switches to the lesson but hangs. I had
to kill the game/exe.

- [PC] Uplay pop up after closing or "killing" Rocksmith - make an option to have uplay not open/maximise on game exit.

- [PC] "In Learn a Song", sorted by source, "locked" dlc appear at the top, if you scroll into the locked items you cannot scroll back down again

- [PC] On exit, and after "yes" to being asked to "are you sure you want to quit" you are taken back to the opening "Rocksmith 2014"screen" with
"begin" option at least note the have option ESC to exit displayed as well as begin.

- Indicate the sort order (ascending/descending) on the Sort, e.g. highlight the up or the down arrow

- [Xbox] - Multiplayer : player 1 logged in ( player has associated xbox profile/id to uplay id), goes to "Mulitplayer". The 2nd player logs in, this player
has not associated his/her xbox id with uplay, player 'logs' in with xbox profile and is not prompted by RS2014 to associate profile with a uplay account.
It appears that Rocksmith 2014 will only prompt to assciate uplay account for the 1st player logging in. As Rocksmith 2014 does not track/save the
progress of player 2 in either situation this maybe moot - not sure how/if this was meant to work.

- [Xbox] - Multiplayer when loading the player 2 profile Path is set correctly, does not set the "headstock" setting, not sure if "handedness" or
"invert strings" is set or not. I thought these would be loaded as part of the profile. If the values are available in the profile would be nice to set
them accordingly.

- [Xbox] Mulitplayer : Session Mode - When the session is started only one fretboard is shown. If the first player logged in is Bass, then
you get a 4 string fretboard, please set as six string if either player is on guitar - if this is not appropriate then not sure do you need to display 2 fretboards ?

- [PC] Shop : Purchasing a song - after purchase it appears you have to exit and restart Rocksmith to bring dlc in. Minor item.

EnergyNED
10-29-2013, 10:32 PM
EU PS3 version and only 1 issue so far:

Where is the import tool for the Rocksmith 1 songs. It isnt in the packs section from the ingame store and yes i have a save game for the first Rocksmith

Chaigidel
10-30-2013, 12:43 AM
[PC]
Don't know if it had been mentioned, but the game randomly resets difficulty levels on songs. Going back to my favs after a day I find them 0-ed again (no matter the times played). And every new song I play starts from 0 (don't know if it's by design - I said that I am an experienced player in the beggining). Also, a couple of songs are now marked as if I played them (with percentage, but all pharases are 0-ed), although I didn't (namely: "This Love" and "We are the Champions").

Wonderclutch
10-30-2013, 01:28 AM
[PS3 First "slim" edition. Canada] Sony Pulse Elite Issue

Haven't found this by searching the thread, so here it goes: If (when) I turn off my Sony Pulse Elite (Say, to take a small break), the game freezes dead when my PS3 loses the headphone's ****le's signal. And by freeze, I mean that I need to hard reset the console. I can't even get out of the game with the "PS" button on the dualshock controller. The console is frozen solid.It's dead,Jim.

Still love the game though. :)

Craig_Sparks
10-30-2013, 01:36 AM
Hey, first of all, its an awesome game :) I've just got one problem, I've noticed that the achievements which ask to spend 60 minutes in session mode and to play rs 2014 on 5 consecutive days haven't unlocked on xbox wen ive fulfilled the requirements

Ample_Jar
10-30-2013, 02:01 AM
Count me in with losing the rest of the AI band in session mode (Xbox). I was playing tonight and went back to the session mode menu to switch up the band and when I started the session again all I would get was one quick note from the band then nothing. Just me on the guitar.

Wyldfyst
10-30-2013, 02:07 AM
PC Version

I am missing my newly acquired The Smashing Pumpkins song pack. It shows up in Steam as being purchased and available. It does not show up in game, nor in the in game shop.

dragerman2112
10-30-2013, 03:22 AM
Program asks for cable plug-in. Cable is plugged in, recognized by PC. Guitar can be heard over the speakers. But no recognition from the software that the guitar is plugged in and working. Replugging crashes the game.

I've checked everything you can imagine and all is fine per Rocksmith requirements. Multiple ports, checked port bandwidth, checked port voltage, tried a powered hub, checked everything. NO LUCK. Sick of trying and out of ideas after 3 days.

My system easily exceeds the minimum. Reinstalled Rocksmith several times. NO LUCK.

C.Linton
10-30-2013, 08:05 AM
Count me in with losing the rest of the AI band in session mode (Xbox). I was playing tonight and went back to the session mode menu to switch up the band and when I started the session again all I would get was one quick note from the band then nothing. Just me on the guitar.

Yup, that happened to me on my PS3. I fixed it by shutting down the game and then restarting, it worked fine after that.

Goooner1
10-30-2013, 08:56 AM
Hey, first of all, its an awesome game :) I've just got one problem, I've noticed that the achievements which ask to spend 60 minutes in session mode and to play rs 2014 on 5 consecutive days haven't unlocked on xbox wen ive fulfilled the requirements

The 5 consecutive days one I got last night, which would be my sixth consecutive day, it was pretty much as soon as I started the game, so maybe it actually awards it on day six, rather than when you're playing day 5?

The 60 minutes in session mode, I must have done well over 60 minutes cumulatively now, I wonder if it means 60 continuous minutes?