PDA

View Full Version : Layout of AC 4?

burner1232009
10-23-2013, 02:57 AM
I was watching a gameplay video earlier and saw that each sequence has its own section. Kind of like the first AC. I never finished the other ACs, only tried them plus its been years since I played them. I was hoping AC 4 would be a good replayable game. I'm just wondering does each sequence remember where you left off from the previous one? So you can finish the game but still continue upgrading once the story is complete, kind of like GTA?

I'll probably buy it anyway.

DisbandedBox359
10-23-2013, 02:59 AM
I thought that was just cos it was a demo, oh well guess we'll find out soon.

burner1232009
10-23-2013, 03:12 AM
I thought that was just cos it was a demo, oh well guess we'll find out soon.

Yep, how linear was AC 3? Did it have sequence lines but at the end you could continue or had to restart again?

LoyalACFan
10-23-2013, 03:25 AM
You can replay every individual mission exactly like GTA5.

Sturnz0r
10-23-2013, 05:04 AM
section of the map?

everything is unlocked at sequence 3 as that is when you get full control of your jackdaw, and you unlock a visual of the map by taking over forts, except the Ships and forts get tougher as you progress through the game, so you are limited until you upgrade your battleship

missions are always going to unlock in order, to portray a cinematic story, if that's what you mean?

burner1232009
10-23-2013, 03:20 PM
section of the map?

everything is unlocked at sequence 3 as that is when you get full control of your jackdaw, and you unlock a visual of the map by taking over forts, except the Ships and forts get tougher as you progress through the game, so you are limited until you upgrade your battleship

missions are always going to unlock in order, to portray a cinematic story, if that's what you mean?

So sequence 3 is the last one, there isn't a sequence 4, 5, 6 etc,,.?

Sturnz0r
10-23-2013, 05:56 PM
..There are usually 12-13 sequences of memory

pacmanate
10-23-2013, 05:58 PM

Spoiler tag that quickly before you get banned!

burner1232009
10-23-2013, 08:02 PM

Right, I guess my question is can you continue your progress once you complete the story, or since it's set in a "level" system you have to stop at the end of last sequence and restart the game, and are unable to continue playing the last sequence?

I seem to recall with AC 1 you couldn't progress with the story done

LoyalACFan
10-23-2013, 08:10 PM
Right, I guess my question is can you continue your progress once you complete the story, or since it's set in a "level" system you have to stop at the end of last sequence and restart the game, and are unable to continue playing the last sequence?

As I said, it's EXACTLY like GTA. You can continue playing in the open world after finishing the game, but you can also replay every individual mission. The layout is nothing like AC1. Forget AC1 even happened. None of the sequels were even close to its layout.

xboxauditore
10-23-2013, 08:13 PM

I'd imagine you can explore and can replay missions when you're done, As it was the system of AC games since Brotherhood (?)

burner1232009
10-23-2013, 08:30 PM
As I said, it's EXACTLY like GTA. You can continue playing in the open world after finishing the game, but you can also replay every individual mission. The layout is nothing like AC1. Forget AC1 even happened. None of the sequels were even close to its layout.

Sorry misunderstood your original post. Thanks for the info, can't wait for the release