PDA

View Full Version : Weird calibration in RS 2014

ChjodTheWacko
10-23-2013, 02:00 AM
Is anyone else having calibration problems?

I mute the strings, then play loudly, then mute again, very much like RS2011.
However, after it's done, I can't tune because it can't hear my guitar! I have to crank up the volume of my guitar after the calibration!
Isn't that what the calibration is for? I didn't have this problem with RS2011.

After manually cranking the volume after calibration, it seems alright, but this is weird.
This on windows.

- Frank

rwooten100
10-23-2013, 02:12 AM
yeah, I noticed it didn't seem as sensitive as RS1. I was having problems with tuning the high e (which I didn't have a problem with RS1). I ended up adjusting my pickup a tad higher and that seemed to help. as for calibration, I turn the volume low for playing and muting strings, and then turn up a few notches for tuning.

jherrjr
10-24-2013, 06:47 AM
First time I started the game it forced me to use the tuner. I had a difficult time getting it to register some of the notes particularly the high E string. I would pluck the string and the value would jump around so much it just wouldn't register. Tuning is much more twitchy than RS1. Thankfully I kept trying and eventually made it past that one string. Haven't had any problems now that I'm in. And not having to tune before every song is much appreciated.

Xaaph
11-04-2013, 02:54 AM
Where do you find that calibration after the first time you were forced to do it?

sjreeves717
11-14-2013, 05:32 PM
Where do you find that calibration after the first time you were forced to do it?

+1 on this. My guitar volume is very low and I want to try to recalibrate but cannot find it again.

goosfrabaaaah
11-14-2013, 05:58 PM
On PS3 you can find it by pressing the triangle button in the tuner.

It should be listed at the bottom of the tuner screen which button to press for your respective systems..

Good luck finding it :)

sjreeves717
11-14-2013, 06:39 PM
Great. Thanks.

Brick235
11-14-2013, 06:53 PM
Also, anyone playing on PC can adjust the realtone cable volume in control panel/sound/recording devices. The level gets reset to 17 when RS starts for some reason.

OldDeadOne
11-14-2013, 08:25 PM
Yea I noticed that,and you can't hit apply to make the adjustment made permanent....

LesPlaaay
12-02-2013, 08:03 PM
Just wanted to say thanks for the info on the "Reset to 17" bit. I was going nuts trying to figure out why the game was not recognizing notes when I knew I'd been playing them correctly. So does this setting need to be adjusted every time I start the game? And what is a good setting for this? I cranked it to 100% and finally started getting my platinum picks. Once again, THANK YOU for solving this issue Brick235.

Brick235
12-02-2013, 08:08 PM
Just wanted to say thanks for the info on the "Reset to 17" bit. I was going nuts trying to figure out why the game was not recognizing notes when I knew I'd been playing them correctly. So does this setting need to be adjusted every time I start the game? And what is a good setting for this? I cranked it to 100% and finally started getting my platinum picks. Once again, THANK YOU for solving this issue Brick235.

No problem, I forget who originally noticed this bug or I'd pass the thanks along. Yes, it gets reset every time you restart RS. The devs know about it and say it will be fixed in a future patch. I usually set mine between 50 and 60. It seems higher levels introduce a lot of feedback type noise but you can use whatever works best for you.