PDA

View Full Version : RockSmith 2014 on Mac: Some Sound Issues at First, but Now Working

Finster Folly
10-22-2013, 10:17 PM
Well, it wasn't completely plug and play, but I am playing now. Here is my experience. A few issues to start. I ordered the disk, but it didnt appear to install all from the disk, and it took about 45 minutes. I already had Steam and Uplay accounts which helped. I have a retro pair of USB Soundsticks which I couldn't get to work. I will revisit that later. Internal speakers, headphones, and external powered speaker plugged in headphone outlet had good game sound but horrible crackling with any guitar input. Now I am in panic mode. Read up a little on PC issues with the original Rocksmith. I change the Audio Midi Setup (in Utilities) to be 48000Mghz for both Rocksmith USB input and speaker output. I changed the Audio Engine Settings to 6 (default was 4). "This lets you adjust the size of the audio buffer the game uses. A smaller value will use a smaller buffer. Smaller buffers mean lower latency, but increase the demands on your PC" and can cause crackling. I restart and all is OK.

I am not sure what fixed it, maybe just the restart, as I changed the Audio Engine Settings back to 4, and all is well for now. Latency doesn't seem to be an issue, at least not any worse than my RockSmith 1 on XBOx through RCA jacks. I will dig in later to see what the optimums are, but for now I am playing and having a blast.

EDIT: Early 2011 MacBook Pro, OSX 10.8.5

EDIT:2: RockSmith 1 on-disc songs do import with the import tool. You have to purchase Rocksmith 1, but you won't be able to download it because it is PC only. If you buy the import tool (available from the RockSmith 2014 main page), it will download with the songs. You have to enable Steam in-game messages to activate it.

Snooze1212
10-24-2013, 05:30 PM
I bought Rocksmith 2014 yesterday and it was a pain to install on my last year Macbook Pro. By default, it is trying to install from online server from Steam but I found the way to force the installation from the DVD. I saved an hour. After that, I was unable to create my Uplay account from the game itself, I had to create it from the Uplay website. It took me 1 hour to get the game ready to play.

I was then ready to try the game but the first think I notice was a BIG latency issue with my MAC. I'm a guitar player and such a latency won't help me to improve my technique or just having fun with that game. The Audio Engine Settings is a pain to adjust because you have to restart each time and I haven't found a setting that eliminated enough latency to make it playable. I'm contacted Ubisoft and I hope they will come up with a procedure to get rid of the issue.

By the way, I tried to find the Use Manual or Help but was unable to find it.... so for now, I haven't played the game and my experience with it is everything but fun!

Neoweaver
11-05-2013, 02:19 AM
I bought Rocksmith 2014 yesterday and it was a pain to install on my last year Macbook Pro. By default, it is trying to install from online server from Steam but I found the way to force the installation from the DVD. I saved an hour. After that, I was unable to create my Uplay account from the game itself, I had to create it from the Uplay website. It took me 1 hour to get the game ready to play.

I was then ready to try the game but the first think I notice was a BIG latency issue with my MAC. I'm a guitar player and such a latency won't help me to improve my technique or just having fun with that game. The Audio Engine Settings is a pain to adjust because you have to restart each time and I haven't found a setting that eliminated enough latency to make it playable. I'm contacted Ubisoft and I hope they will come up with a procedure to get rid of the issue.

By the way, I tried to find the Use Manual or Help but was unable to find it.... so for now, I haven't played the game and my experience with it is everything but fun!

I fixed the problem, I logged in, to osx hit command+spacebar and typed Midi, which brought up "Audio Midi Setup" in spotlight and I chose it. Then I changed both the USB and Realtone cable inputs to 48000 and it fixed the problem.

lsnover
11-11-2013, 01:02 PM
I fixed the problem, I logged in, to osx hit command+spacebar and typed Midi, which brought up "Audio Midi Setup" in spotlight and I chose it. Then I changed both the USB and Realtone cable inputs to 48000 and it fixed the problem.

I had the same problem with my Macbook Pro, and this worked for me also.

A.W.Ellermann
09-08-2016, 02:54 AM
I had the same problem with my Macbook Pro, and this worked for me also.

Hmm. I'm trying to connect my Mac Mini to my THR10C, and it won't let me change the default output from 44100.0 Hz. I'm still getting the crackling. Thoughts?

DanAmrich
09-08-2016, 03:19 AM
Not Gear Garage, but Support. Moved!