PDA

View Full Version : Kinect issues?

notMikeH
10-22-2013, 09:38 PM
Anyone else having issues with their kinect being too sensitive? It's very annoying.It's picking up noise from the game and keeps going backwards. I couldn't get past the tuning intro until I unplugged my kinect. I was hoping to use the kinect to nav through the menus. :(

Makurosu
10-22-2013, 09:45 PM
I was having the same issue this afternoon while playing. Singing from the various tracks would take me into the song menu. I also had some issues with the instructor's voice triggering Kinect voice commands. I finally turned the voice commands after getting stuck in a video starting -> instructor saying "ok" loop during one of the bend lessons. I was hoping to use it to navigate, as well. It's something I've been enjoying using in some of the Kinect games I use.

EDIT - Don't want to give the wrong idea. This has been mostly a minor annoyance. I'm enjoying the new game a ton.

notMikeH
10-22-2013, 10:07 PM
I agree that the issue isn't killing me. I am enjoying the game a lot. I just was wondering if it was just me and by bringing it up mabe they can look into it and patch it.

mikeyts
10-22-2013, 11:55 PM
God, I hope I don't see these problems. I decided to buy the game for Xbox just for the Kinect voice navigation. I expected it to be available as a digital download from XBL today but that's not coming until 1 November :rolleyes: so I ordered the 360 disc from Amazon w/Prime shipping. I should have it by Thursday (possibly tomorrow depending upon where they ship it from and how).

Black_Widow9
10-23-2013, 05:37 AM
Have you tried re-calibrating the Kinect Voice settings?
http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-360/kinect/audio-tuner

If that does not help please make sure you contact Support and let them know.
Ubisoft Support Website (http://support.ubi.com/)

ughwhyregister
12-02-2013, 04:11 AM
Same problem here, even after re-calibrating Kinect Voice settings and even after disabling the speech recognition. I had to completely turn the Kinect off.

supanovr
12-02-2013, 02:26 PM
There seem to be specific times when Kinect doesn't pick up voice commands at all. Then there are times it works perfectly. And then there are times it reacts to the slightest thing. I don't know whether that's Kinect, how Rocksmith handles it, or what. But I know for sure there are times I should just pick up the controller and use that.

Xx El Kino xX
12-03-2013, 05:38 AM
One of the solutions I can offer is to use headphones, so Kinect cant hear the game.

AndrewHutch
12-03-2013, 08:19 AM
I turned the voice off in Kinect too. I'm not convinced about it in any game, but I expect it'll have its fans.

I-ATE-NewJersey
12-05-2013, 04:59 AM
Have you tried re-calibrating the Kinect Voice settings?
http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-360/kinect/audio-tuner

If that does not help please make sure you contact Support and let them know.
Ubisoft Support Website (http://support.ubi.com/)

Just thought I'd chime in, too, even though I posted on this subject in the early days of release.

I've recalibrated the kinect numerous times, played with volume and speaker direction, as well as having had a back-and-forth dialogue with the kind folks at support. In the end, they concluded that maybe I should just turn the kinect off for now.

Conceptually, kinect support was great! It simply worked TOO well: hearing me, the game's narrator and anyone in the vicinity of my home. I would LOVE a genuine fix!

A simple fix would have the game/sensor on constant alert until it is addressed as "Rocksmith" followed by the command, as opposed to responding to every word, or even strummed chords, at all times.

Just some thoughts.

MrShambler
03-11-2017, 05:38 PM
I just picked up a second hand 360 kinect to try out on Rocksmith. The voice commands work fine, but the camera doesnt seem to be active, even though it works fine outside of Rocksmith. Any suggestions?

Kynlore
03-11-2017, 06:47 PM
I just picked up a second hand 360 kinect to try out on Rocksmith. The voice commands work fine, but the camera doesnt seem to be active, even though it works fine outside of Rocksmith. Any suggestions?

This thread is over 3 years old. The game has changed a lot since then, but what are you looking for the camera to do in the game?

MrShambler
03-11-2017, 11:27 PM
Just show me playing, along with the display (like the many people who post videos). I purchased the kinect, so I'd have an easier reference. Constantly having to look down at my fretting hand, when moving positions. At least this way, I can keep my eyes on the screen. Thanks.

Kynlore
03-12-2017, 12:54 AM
Those people aren't using the Kinect. They are using a separate camera and video editing software to do that.

MrShambler
03-12-2017, 01:19 AM
Well, this is embarrassing :eek: Thanks for the reply.

Black_Widow9
03-12-2017, 01:52 AM
No need to be embarrassed! :)