PDA

View Full Version : Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag: Launch Trailer

Mr_Shade
10-22-2013, 05:02 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8IWwjdPJpiU

NO Spoilers or story theories in this thread PLEASE!!

AherasSTRG
10-22-2013, 05:27 PM
If Anne Bonny dies in the game, I am gonna be depressed... :nonchalance:

Sn1p3r-28
10-22-2013, 05:29 PM
It may not be the best launch trailer yet, but I liked it

If Anne Bonny dies in the game, I am gonna be depressed... :nonchalance:

Me too :(

DisbandedBox359
10-22-2013, 05:31 PM

Watched it a couple of times already and its growing on me more with every watch.

AherasSTRG
10-22-2013, 05:34 PM

Me too :(
In reality, she is indeed hanged. I hope in the game, Edward saves her. After Ezio ended up with Sophia and not Roza, I need Edward to find a suitable woman for him.
If she dies, I am gonna **** the **** up their Templar asses!!!

xboxauditore
10-22-2013, 05:38 PM
OK Ubisoft, Stop with all the trailers, please, release one more on release day, by all means, but stop before someone pieces the story together from just the trailers alone.

Think I'll be going dark soon.

EllJim
10-22-2013, 05:53 PM
In reality, she is indeed hanged. I hope in the game, Edward saves her. After Ezio ended up with Sophia and not Roza, I need Edward to find a suitable woman for him.
If she dies, I am gonna **** the **** up their Templar asses!!!

[snip]

Also this looks current gen woohoo, please confirm MR shade!

Farlander1991
10-22-2013, 05:57 PM
Aw, so this is a UK trailer (I was hoping that it wasn't, and there's a UK/International version coming) :( As bad as AC3 NA launch trailer, in my opinion. At least there's still the awesome Edward Kenway's Story Trailer, as far as I'm concerned that's the launch one :)

In reality, she is indeed hanged.

There's no documentation of what happened to her, actually. An area where Ubi has infinite amount of creativity :)

HyperActive66
10-22-2013, 05:58 PM
Awesome trailer guys. Probably my favorite so far :D

Mr_Shade
10-22-2013, 06:09 PM
Indeed guys..

Do you REALLY think they would spoil anything in a trailer?

Make it all depressing - then the game = surprises you ;)

Or.. maybe not.. lol ;)

ArabianFrost
10-22-2013, 06:09 PM
snip

Also this looks current gen woohoo, please confirm MR shade!

Yup. I'm going dark. Thanks for making it decisive.

Mr_Shade
10-22-2013, 06:11 PM
lol you shouldn't read the spoilers.. thats why they are hidden..

No talking about plot or anything spoilerish in this thread please, thanks!

HyperActive66
10-22-2013, 06:13 PM
Indeed guys..

Do you REALLY think they would spoil anything in a trailer?

Make it all depressing - then the game = surprises you ;)

Or.. maybe not.. lol ;)

Oh you evil person you :p

ArabianFrost
10-22-2013, 06:16 PM
lol you shouldn't read the spoilers.. thats why they are hidden..

No talking about plot or anything spoilerish in this thread please, thanks!

lol Could you even anticipate that they were spoilers? He didn't even touch the game, but apparently Wikipedia is more of a spoilerfest than playing the actual game. I thought he didn't have the game, so maybe it was safe. Oh well. I'll try and forget.

silvermercy
10-22-2013, 06:16 PM
About Anne Bonny's fate:
[removed]

ArabianFrost
10-22-2013, 06:19 PM
About Anne Bonny's fate:
[removed]

Darby....the key is in his DNA

Mr_Shade
10-22-2013, 06:19 PM
About Anne Bonny's fate:
[removed]
Please read the first post - no story discussion or what could be considered spoilers, in this thread.

You also openly posted it - rather than use the tag..

I suggest if you guys want to talk about what 'could' happen - you do so in a new thread following the spoiler rules.

Title contains NO spoilers - but has a SPOILER prefix

You use the Spoiler tag - to protect any posts containing them.

You guys will be the first to complain, should someone spoil the game for you, so please consider others!

Mr_Shade
10-22-2013, 06:20 PM
lol Could you even anticipate that they were spoilers? He didn't even touch the game, but apparently Wikipedia is more of a spoilerfest than playing the actual game. I thought he didn't have the game, so maybe it was safe. Oh well. I'll try and forget.
If they are behind the spoiler tag - I would guess they could be?

silvermercy
10-22-2013, 06:21 PM
oops! My spoiler tag didn't work! O_O

Mr_Shade
10-22-2013, 06:22 PM
oops! My spoiler tag didn't work! O_O
That's why we have a 'preview post' button..

Please be more careful in the future - and please do not repost here.

silvermercy
10-22-2013, 06:24 PM
OK!
*makes note to preview posts from now on*

ArabianFrost
10-22-2013, 06:25 PM
If they are behind the spoiler tag - I would guess they could be?

Fair enough. I'm as guilty as charged. But put yourself in my shoes, a mix of curiosity and a semi-assumption that it's impossible that someone who hasn't played the game could actually spoil it.

My apologies. I'll stop making a big deal out of it. It's probably not the climax of the story anyway. It definitely extends beyond that moment. So yeah...moving on

Mr_Shade
10-22-2013, 06:26 PM
OK!
*makes note to preview posts from now on*You only need to check the important ones, like SPOILERS!

Consider that a 'get out of jail free card' - you were lucky I was here to remove it before someone complained.

To All: Lets not have any slip ups please, since this is a VERY important game for many ;)

EllJim
10-22-2013, 06:27 PM
yarg sorry I did try and hide it behind spoiler tags and I'd have thought given I quoted the person discussing it it would be obvious I was talking about the historical references.

but yarg I've just re-read the rules and I "think" I broke the 2nd one.

However this raises a interesting point - obviously Game related things like mission 5 etc are spoilers but how far should we treat historical content?

My apologies :)

Anywho any confirmation on the source of the trailer i,.e is it current gen?

Mr_Shade
10-22-2013, 06:37 PM
yarg sorry I did try and hide it behind spoiler tags and I'd have thought given I quoted the person discussing it it would be obvious I was talking about the historical references.

but yarg I've just re-read the rules and I "think" I broke the 2nd one.

However this raises a interesting point - obviously Game related things like mission 5 etc are spoilers but how far should we treat historical content?

My apologies :)

Anywho any confirmation on the source of the trailer i,.e is it current gen?I would consider anything which could potentially spoil the game, as a spoiler - as the rules say ?

You won't be banned for being careful.

I'm not about to start answering questions about 'can I post this?' - you guys need to use both common sense and think 'If I was new to the game - would this spoil anything' - pretty simple really?

The spoiler rules are not there to stop conversation - just protect those fans who would rather avoid spoilers.. ;)

HyperActive66
10-22-2013, 06:46 PM
I would consider anything which could potentially spoil the game, as a spoiler - as the rules say ?

You won't be banned for being careful.

I'm not about to start answering questions about 'can I post this?' - you guys need to use both common sense and think 'If I was new to the game - would this spoil anything' - pretty simple really?

The spoiler rules are not there to stop conversation - just protect those fans who would rather avoid spoilers.. ;)

It looks like you and your team are going to be pretty busy this week until release. The unsung heroes of the forums ;)

Mr_Shade
10-22-2013, 06:50 PM
Anyway...

Back on Topic :)

Awesome trailer.. really moody!

Kaschra
10-22-2013, 07:46 PM
The more Anne Bonny, the better! :D
I really hope her role in the game is as important as here in the trailer.

aTroubadour
10-22-2013, 08:02 PM
Haha poor Mr. Shade. One launch post with an explicit warning...followed by reiterating, repeating and babysitting :(

Back on topic indeed! It is my sincere hope that this trailer is the current gen because it looks fantastic! Can anyone confirm?

EllJim
10-22-2013, 08:06 PM
Dark as hell in my opinion, kinda depressing conjures images of Edward fighting alone .... last man standing and all that.

xboxauditore
10-22-2013, 08:13 PM
Dark as hell in my opinion, kinda depressing conjures images of Edward fighting alone .... last man standing and all that.

That was the life of a pirate, One day you could be free and amongst a crowd of friends, and the next they could be dead and your ship sinking to the depths.

guardian_titan
10-22-2013, 08:56 PM
Interesting trailer and rather different from the rest we've seen with AC4 thus far. Nice to see someone showcased other than the males, too.

Bit of a speech regarding genetics. Maybe a touch spoilery, but should be something anyone who's taken basic biology should already know.
Really hate to break it to people hoping Anne Bonny is Haytham's mother, but she's not. Haytham has black hair, Anne Bonny red, and Edward blonde. A blonde and a redhead can't have a black haired kid. It's basic genetics.

Let's look at a Punnett Square which is the simplistic way to do genetics. You might have seen it in your high school biology classes.

b
b

b
bb
bb

b
bb
bb

Simple enough. What's with the "b" you may ask? Well, blonde is recessive meaning you need 2 of that gene to express it or be homozygous blonde. Thus blonde is usually shown as b. Brown is typically shown as B and is dominant. It only needs 1 gene to express (heterozygous) but a person can have 2 just the same (homozygous). So someone can be BB or homozygous brown or Bb or heterozygous brown.

So the above table assumes 2 blondes have some kids. The first row is one person, the left column is the other. The 4 boxes with bb shows their possible kids. In the case of these two, all they can have are blonde children.

Now we know Edward is blonde and Haytham has black hair. So:

b
b

B
Bb
Bb

B
Bb
Bb

Only thing Haytham's mother can be is either BB or Bb. The above assumes she's BB. Either way, this makes Haytham heterozygous brown meaning he can have either brown haired or blonde haired children. Why is Haytham automatically Bb? Because the only gene Edward can pass on is blonde and the only gene his mother can pass on is brown/black.

b
b

B
Bb
Bb

b
bb
bb

Nearly the same table but Haytham's mother is now Bb. Here you can see a blonde child becomes possible. Since Haytham has no full siblings, there's no way to know what his mother was without knowing her parents.

Course with some genetic fun, we know Connor's got brown hair as did Ziio. Blonde wasn't really in the native populations at the time unless Ziio had a European ancestor we're unaware of. We know Haytham is Bb and Ziio has to be BB. Connor can either be BB or Bb. If he's Bb, means he can have blonde haired children. Otherwise if he's BB, he can't.

How does red fit into this? Red is related to another gene (MCR1 if you want to be technical). It is considered recessive so thus have to have 2 but there is the odd person where they only need 1 gene to be red. Since brown is dominant, it covers red. So red covers blonde to make redheads. Suppose auburns can be seen as brown and red working together via co-dominance. At any rate, you can view Anne Bonny as a blonde in the above tables. And as you can see in the first table, two blondes don't make a black haired kid. You can substitute the Bb for Rr with the R being non-red and the r being red if you want. Anne Bonny would have to be rr bb to be a redhead. Edward's either RR bb or Rr bb. If he's the latter, a redheaded kid is potential for him but obviously didn't happen. That is unless Jenny ended up a redhead. He could pass the gene to Haytham, though, and then to Connor so could result in Connor also having redheaded kids. Recessive traits are a funny thing. :D

This can all work with eye color as well. Brown eyes are still dominant and blue is recessive. Edward has blue eyes as does Haytham so both have to be homozygous bb. Results in Connor having to be Bb so he can have blue-eyed kids.

But what about green eyes? Brown's dominant over blue but green is also dominant over blue. Green just happens to be recessive to brown. Someone who's BG will be brown-eyed while someone who is Gb is green-eyed. Green just happens to be fairly rare compared to brown and blue.

Last I knew, the jury's still out on what causes grey eyes. I just lump it into blue but chances are there's co-dominance going on there to get blue-grey eyes. I also tend to lump together brown and black. Never seen any reference to the two being separate genes.

There are plenty of websites you can go to that explain genetics and even genetic calculators. After studying all of this, the bad joke of the mother having an affair with the milkman (or the postman) when she had a redheaded kid suddenly looks less funny.

TLDR:
Two recessives don't make a dominant. Will be interesting to see what becomes of Anne and the others. History may say one thing but not like AC hasn't changed that in past games.

LoyalACFan
10-22-2013, 10:28 PM
Um... This trailer itself was actually pretty spoiler-y, IMO. Yeah, it's all in the history books so we shouldn't be too surprised, but these are events that would be happening apparently close to the end of the game (or at least pretty far into the main story) and AC isn't known for its adherence to every historical detail.

Oh well, no biggie I guess.

Black_Widow9
10-23-2013, 10:18 AM
Anyway...

Back on Topic :)

Awesome trailer.. really moody!
Apparently I need a break. I just read "Really Moldy!" Bwahahahaha

*I haven't lost it yet. I haven't lost it yet. I haven't lost it yet.*

pacmanate
10-23-2013, 11:55 AM
Apparently I need a break. I just read "Really Moldy!" Bwahahahaha

*I haven't lost it yet. I haven't lost it yet. I haven't lost it yet.*

The key word is "yet" :p

*please don't ban me. please don't ban me. please don't ban me.*

Mr_Shade
10-23-2013, 04:54 PM
The key word is "yet" :p

*please don't ban me. please don't ban me. please don't ban me.*
Please does not work on me..

Cookies do :)

pacmanate
10-23-2013, 05:09 PM
Please does not work on me..

Cookies do :)

Seeing as posting you cookies is risky due to them crumbling, if you just give me all your bank details I can transfer you money so you can buy your own cookies.

:rolleyes:

Mr_Shade
10-23-2013, 05:18 PM
:rolleyes:

anik_lc
10-23-2013, 06:18 PM
Another great trailer. Loving Anne Bonny. <3

ladyleonhart
10-23-2013, 07:41 PM
I'm not sure why, but I didn't really like this trailer as much as some other ones.

Hmm... maybe I have just seen so many that I've been spoilt for choice. :p

Well, I've already made my mind up about ACIV and I have a feeling it's going to be my favourite. ;)

xboxauditore
10-23-2013, 07:44 PM
I'm not sure why, but I didn't really like this trailer as much as some other ones.

Hmm... maybe I have just seen so many that I've been spoilt for choice. :p

Well, I've already made my mind up about ACIV and I have a feeling it's going to be my favourite. ;)

I know the feeling, I love the game and I'm losing my sanity waiting, But I didn't like the trailer as much as say, the Pirate Heist trailer.

silvermercy
10-24-2013, 12:10 AM
I know the feeling, I love the game and I'm losing my sanity waiting, But I didn't like the trailer as much as say, the Pirate Heist trailer.
Same. lol

Krayus Korianis
10-24-2013, 10:06 AM
Anne Bonny doesn't die until age 80 o_O lol.

anik_lc
10-24-2013, 01:19 PM
Anne Bonny doesn't die until age 80 o_O lol.

Loving her so much in the trailer. The voice acting seems good. And want to know more about her after reading her page on Wiki:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anne_Bonny
Could be my most favorite female NPC which belongs to Cristina Vespucci from AC2 and ACB at the moment.

plentybeef
10-24-2013, 03:05 PM
Stokley spoiled this for me, but on another note, I think the dlc should have been about Anne.

Sn1p3r-28
10-24-2013, 03:26 PM
Loving her so much in the trailer. The voice acting seems good. And want to know more about her after reading her page on Wiki:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anne_Bonny
Could be my most favorite female NPC which belongs to Cristina Vespucci from AC2 and ACB at the moment.

Agree with everything you said.