PDA

View Full Version : Do you use this feature? *POLL TIME*

pacmanate
10-22-2013, 12:04 PM
Was just wondering right now, this second, how many people actually use the throw money option in game from ACB onwards. It serves no purpose.

Farlander1991
10-22-2013, 12:18 PM
I used it in AC2 quite a bit, actually. But not in other games. Mostly because guards became not as reactive to it, it wasn't really possible anymore to get pass a guard post just via the coin throw (plus, there were a lot less guard posts in other games anyway than in AC2), and ministrels and beggars were actually not as annoying in terms of blocking your walk route.

plentybeef
10-22-2013, 12:22 PM
I get my kicks from throwing money. I mean it's for the poor. And it gives me these feelings like I need to keep the beggers back. When they come up to me I'm like " keep your dirty hands off the threads" aye. And plus it's there in a chase; My other reason for liking ac3 is throwing money around, especially at the kids.

Flutterwhat
10-22-2013, 12:22 PM
since i couldn't "pickpocket" the children in AC3, i had to throw money at them. in AC2/ACB I could deter minstrels by stealing their money. I would throw money at beggars in ACR tho.

pacmanate
10-22-2013, 12:23 PM
I used it in AC2 quite a bit, actually. But not in other games. Mostly because guards became not as reactive to it, it wasn't really possible anymore to get pass a guard post just via the coin throw (plus, there were a lot less guard posts in other games anyway than in AC2), and ministrels and beggars were actually not as annoying in terms of blocking your walk route.

Sorry I meant from AC:B onwards cause im replaying it and thats what brought it up in my head :p

superkootje
10-22-2013, 12:28 PM
I do it sometimes for fun, but not for any tactical purposes whatsoever.

Farlander1991
10-22-2013, 12:29 PM
Sorry I meant from AC:B onwards cause im replaying it and thats what brought it up in my head :p

Ah. Well, honestly, AC:B onwards tons of features are obsolete or not as useful :p In AC:B even the courtesan/mercenary/thief factions are rarely useful at all outside of specific situations in certain missions. And I used those guys a lot in AC2. And I can go on, but I talked way too much on these forums already about how ACB and ACR are filled with either redundancies or things that make other things obsolete, so don't want to get redundant on the topic :p

Sn1p3r-28
10-22-2013, 12:40 PM
I never really used it at all to be honest. It's useless.

x___Luffy___x
10-22-2013, 01:01 PM
very rarely used it...

Aphex_Tim
10-22-2013, 01:44 PM
Sometimes when I'm bored, I throw some money at a (heavy) guard or a guard with a spear, wait for civilians to swarm him, then poison the guard. Fun times!

anik_lc
10-22-2013, 01:48 PM
Yes I am a very kind person. I want to give away the money to the poor that I got from Templars.

FrankieSatt
10-22-2013, 01:57 PM
Not really. It's the least effective diversion in any Assassin's Creed game. It doesn't last as long as using Cortisans to distract or using the mercenaries to attack the guards for distraction.

pirate1802
10-22-2013, 03:31 PM
Sometimes I'd randomly walk the streets of Rome/Constantinople/Boston while spraying money around, displaying how freaking rich I am.

Btw, I don't think its "meant" to serve any real purpose, its just there as a silly thing to do. Before AC2 those beggars and minstrels haggled you for money, so they added an option to throw coins at their faces. Cool little thing I say.

Kaschra
10-22-2013, 03:37 PM
Sometimes I'd randomly walk the streets of Rome/Constantinople/Boston while spraying money around, displaying how freaking rich I am.

Btw, I don't think its "meant" to serve any real purpose, its just there as a silly thing to do. Before AC2 those beggars and minstrels haggled you for money, so they added an option to throw coins at their faces. Cool little thing I say.

This made me laugh so much xD
But I do that too, every now and then. Sometimes I do it to get rid of annoying minstrels or beggars. Or the creepy children in AC3.

Oh, and in ACR I sometimes use it to gather a huge crowd of civilians in one place, only to throw a nice bomb at them :nonchalance:

Bastiaen
10-22-2013, 05:21 PM
I voted no, but I do use it every now and then to get past a guard check point. Mostly in AC2, when combat was clunky and took forever.

Kagurra
10-22-2013, 05:27 PM
Sometimes when I'm bored, I throw some money at a (heavy) guard or a guard with a spear, wait for civilians to swarm him, then poison the guard. Fun times!

This. Always fun. Why isn't this a poll option?

Sushiglutton
10-22-2013, 05:40 PM
I usually do it when riding a public transport: Throw some coins in the front so I can sit undisturbed in the back. In AC i rarely use it though. It's the only social stealth gadget in the game, so I can see why they keep it.

anik_lc
10-22-2013, 06:04 PM

lol

luckyto
10-22-2013, 06:06 PM
I do it sometimes for fun, but not for any tactical purposes whatsoever.
This.

STDlyMcStudpants
10-22-2013, 06:59 PM
I use it to get people out of my way as im running or to distract guards and or get them close together for a smoke bombed slaughter fest (used it a crap ton in ACR).... also to get rid of the annoying beggars..most annoying thing ever in a game hahah
Can you spare some change sir?
but in AC 3 i didnt use it at all i dont think

ALSO!!!! It's a great feature in MP!

xXRyzonXx
10-22-2013, 07:14 PM
The last time I remember using it was back in AC2.
It's not satisfying to throw money at the people pissing you off.

pacmanate
10-22-2013, 07:50 PM
:O

I just made the closest poll eva

SixKeys
10-22-2013, 08:07 PM
I use it for roleplaying purposes. I'll kill someone in broad daylight and then "bribe" the horrified bystanders and watch them trip over themselves for my blood money. :cool:

LoyalACFan
10-22-2013, 09:58 PM
I used it to get beggars/minstrels out of my face in Ezio's trilogy, but never in AC3 since it was so damned annoying to have to scroll through the entire tool list to get to it every time. And it wasn't worth assigning a quick-select slot to it.

pacmanate
10-22-2013, 10:01 PM
I used it to get beggars/minstrels out of my face in Ezio's trilogy, but never in AC3 since it was so damned annoying to have to scroll through the entire tool list to get to it every time. And it wasn't worth assigning a quick-select slot to it.

I just kill beggers and minstrels, it's cheaper :p

Stealth Gamer92
10-22-2013, 10:06 PM
Of course! It so funny watching the poor fight for the privilage of picking up my money off the ground so I can imediately pickpocket them. Then I just stand there so they'll pick a fight with me. Finally I beat them up and toss them in a pile of hey. :p

LoyalACFan
10-22-2013, 10:30 PM
I just kill beggers and minstrels, it's cheaper :p

Well yeah, I do that sometimes too ;) But that's why those damn kids were so annoying, you can't kill them and it's not worth your time to dig through the inventory for your money.

Aphex_Tim
10-22-2013, 10:43 PM
Well yeah, I do that sometimes too ;) But that's why those damn kids were so annoying, you can't kill them and it's not worth your time to dig through the inventory for your money.

Just kill someone in front of them.

thekyle0
10-22-2013, 11:18 PM
If you used it in AC3 it could draw some people close enough together to hide in the crowd. It looked kind of silly since you still tower over all the people crawling around grabbing coins, but within the games mechanics to created a hiding place.

I think this was suppose to work in ACR but it was kind of off and on a lot of the time. I think the only time it worked was when I drew a patrolling cluster of pedestrians over and they didn't "disband" when they reached the coins. AC3 it definitely worked consistently though.

STDlyMcStudpants
10-22-2013, 11:27 PM
yeah whats the deal with games not letting us kill kids?
Has any game from this gen let us do so?

LoyalACFan
10-22-2013, 11:30 PM
yeah whats the deal with games not letting us kill kids?
Has any game from this gen let us do so?

DON'T GET INTO THIS. It always turns into a huge... thing.

Sigv4rd
10-23-2013, 01:33 AM
I used it in AC:B/R because I had too much money...