PDA

View Full Version : Can you change your username here?

LoyalACFan
10-22-2013, 01:44 AM
Because my account was actually made by my cousin for a one-off post, then I started using it after he abandoned it, and things snowballed from there.

Long story short, my username is dumb as hell and I don't want to have it anymore.

pacmanate
10-22-2013, 01:46 AM
Because my account was actually made by my cousin for a one-off post, then I started using it after he abandoned it, and things snowballed from there.

Long story short, my username is dumb as hell and I don't want to have it anymore.

Yeah, look at MINE.

I asked, you cant apparently because its linked to Uplay.

Wolfmeister1010
10-22-2013, 01:47 AM

I think your username is fine

LoyalACFan
10-22-2013, 01:51 AM
Yeah, look at MINE.

I asked, you cant apparently because its linked to Uplay.

But my Uplay account is different, it's my PSN name. Or did I unwittingly make a second Uplay account when I made a Ubiforums account?

I think your username is fine

But... itz cheesy n lame D:

adventurewomen
10-22-2013, 01:53 AM
Lol

Why did you choose it in the first place? :D

I'm the same with my actual Uplay Username which is why I use my 360 Gamertag username it's so much better than my Uplay one. :eek:

Wolfmeister1010
10-22-2013, 01:54 AM
But my Uplay account is different, it's my PSN name. Or did I unwittingly make a second Uplay account when I made a Ubiforums account?

Your awesome profile pic makes up for it. Make an awesome sig and it will even better.

LoyalACFan
10-22-2013, 01:59 AM
Why did you choose it in the first place?

I didn't, I inherited it :I

Your awesome profile pic makes up for it. Make an awesome sig and it will even better.

Baww :o I dunno how to do cool artsy stuff on teh interwebz though. Is Silvermercy still in the sig-making business?

Wolfmeister1010
10-22-2013, 02:00 AM
I didn't, I inherited it :I

Baww :o I dunno how to do cool artsy stuff on teh interwebz though. Is Silvermercy still in the sig-making business?

I think so

Shahkulu101
10-22-2013, 02:08 AM
It's a better user name than mine - which derives from an old show on Nickelodeon starring Britney Spears younger sister, as well as the Turkmen renegade, Shahkulu from ACR.

STDlyMcStudpants
10-22-2013, 02:11 AM
no names are better than mine.... ;D

adventurewomen
10-22-2013, 02:19 AM
I didn't, I inherited it
That sucks! :-\

There is an option to link your PSN or Gamertag to your Uplay account to change your username on the forums, if that's a option for you?

pirate1802
10-22-2013, 05:00 AM
Hahahahah I always wondered why a loyal AC fan would complain so much, that explains it. :p

JK, so you wanna change to DisloyalACHater now?

LoyalACFan
10-22-2013, 05:10 AM
Hahahahah I always wondered why a loyal AC fan would complain so much, that explains it. :p

JK, so you wanna change to DisloyalACHater now?

I prefer TreasonousACDespiser.

pirate1802
10-22-2013, 05:14 AM
Well if you can change your username, I'd like to change mine as well..

LoyalACFan
10-22-2013, 05:15 AM
Well if you can change your username, I'd like to change mine as well..

But yours is proof of your psychic powers. Anyone who looks at your reg date can see you predicted AC4's theme.

Mr_Shade
10-22-2013, 09:56 AM
User names are linked to your Uplay or PSN or XBL account names (assuming you have linked them)

if you want to use the XBL / PSN name - you need to have linked them to the same Uplay account, via a game.

And as such, user names are locked.

which from my point of view, is a good thing.. So we know who's who..

pirate1802
10-22-2013, 10:05 AM
But yours is proof of your psychic powers. Anyone who looks at your reg date can see you predicted AC4's theme.

Now I feel like a prophet.

Mr_Shade
10-22-2013, 10:35 AM
Now I feel like a prophet.
As you should ;)

would have aves been REALLY spooky of the numbers where the date the game starts (but they not ;))

Sn1p3r-28
10-22-2013, 10:39 AM
According to tweets I've seen form Ubisoft, the feature to change your username on Uplay is coming in the future.

Mr_Shade
10-22-2013, 10:41 AM
According to tweets I've seen form Ubisoft, the feature to change your username on Uplay is coming in the future.
It has been a feature requested for some time, however no date has been set for it..

And even then, you still can't change the forum name, you have to the Uplay name - I didn't mention it, since as soon as you do, people start complaint and demanding ;)

Currently we we suggest you speak to a FM, who will ban your current account, so you can make a new one and you start over with the new name ;)

pacmanate
10-22-2013, 10:42 AM
When I want to link my account it only gives me the option to link my PSN and not my XBL?

Sn1p3r-28
10-22-2013, 10:51 AM
It has been a feature requested for some time, however no date has been set for it..

And even then, you still can't change the forum name, you have to the Uplay name - I didn't mention it, since as soon as you do, people start complaint and demanding ;)

Currently we we suggest you speak to a FM, who will ban your current account, so you can make a new one and you start over with the new name ;)

Ah I see, that's fair enough.

pacmanate
10-22-2013, 10:53 AM
So I just made a new PSN to link and it just gives me an error all the time :|

Mr_Shade
10-22-2013, 10:54 AM
When I want to link my account it only gives me the option to link my PSN and not my XBL?
You need to have used Uplay on the Xbox and linked with a game it should then appear as an option on the forums,

pacmanate
10-22-2013, 10:55 AM
You need to have used Uplay on the Xbox and linked with a game it should then appear as an option on the forums,

Ah okay, so if I use my new PSN i wont get an error?

Mr_Shade
10-22-2013, 10:58 AM
Ah okay, so if I use my new PSN i wont get an error?
You can only use one PSN account with Uplay?

if you already have one registered, and want it unlinked, you have to contact support - it's down to Uplay to link, and that only allows one PSN account, since they expect you to only use one..

That will stop your old PSN account working for UPlay - so you should consider that.

if you have never linked a PSN or XBL account to your Uplay, you need to do so via a game in the console. :)

ACfan443
10-22-2013, 05:44 PM
no names are better than mine.... ;D

Sexually transmitted disease?

Anyway, I'd be open to the option to change usernames since mine is so incredibly generic and uninspired. But only if there'd be a limit to the number of times you're allowed to change it.

AnthonyA85
10-22-2013, 10:55 PM
Dude, your username ain't generic, just look at mine. It was the best i could come up with at the time. *sighs* my imagination fails me more than it does not.

STDlyMcStudpants
10-22-2013, 11:22 PM
Dude, your username ain't generic, just look at mine. It was the best i could come up with at the time. *sighs* my imagination fails me more than it does not.

No worries..majority are like you....with their Xs and underscores and other numbers....
When I came up with my mine I thought..I want something that sticks...that people will remember as im raping their face....cant spell stud without STD and my name was born :DDD
My goal is to be feared across the mp boards hahahaahha not really....but people would always moan in ACB mp when they saw me in room... ;D

pacmanate
10-23-2013, 08:07 AM
No worries..majority are like you....with their Xs and underscores and other numbers....
When I came up with my mine I thought..I want something that sticks...that people will remember as im raping their face....cant spell stud without STD and my name was born :DDD
My goal is to be feared across the mp boards hahahaahha not really....but people would always moan in ACB mp when they saw me in room... ;D

I fear you cause you have STD's

FrozenPlague
12-09-2013, 11:18 AM
I'm the same with my actual Uplay Username which is why I use my 360 Gamertag username it's so much better than my Uplay one. :eek:

so if I make an XBox live account I can use it's name instead of my uplay name?