PDA

View Full Version : AC2 replay before AC4 Q's (some issues help please!)

EllJim
10-22-2013, 12:19 AM
Ok I've tried searching for some of these with no luck so I am hoping the legion associated with this board can help.

I was tidying up my AC2 save since it was completed in a rush in between projects, collecting treasures and so forth (sigh...)

However I've noticed that a lot of things don't seem to be complete or synced up any more despite clearing them in the first play through.

For example:

I am wearing Altairs armour, thus obviously I completed the 6 tombs in the game (also indicated by the statues having their tablets on and the armour not being behind the cage any more) yet if I go into the database and secret locations it says "2/6" and 4 of them had red indicators... I replayed one and it progressed to 3/6

Anyone else had this issue manage to "force" a mass update or am I going to need to play them all again?

I ask as each of the glyphs has been knocked out too (yet I have the truth file unlocked and all the pages too) and it's going to be a pain to track them all down again...

Odd thing on this too I don't remember one on Santa Marta Della Visitazione in Venice but the game has an indicator on this location saying there is... again any clues?

Now overall I suspect that some of this might be due to the fact I was moving house at the time and had no internet (U play for ages had 0 achievements completed for me if I logged into it on the PC, and this didn't change until I logged back into it again through the game, at which point it updated that all 4 were completed) however now I have logged back into it only some of the game seems to have synced up.

Thanks all in advance.

Jim.

SixKeys
10-22-2013, 12:34 AM
Not sure what's going on exactly since you say replaying some of the tombs updates your progress. Just a reminder though that there is a glitch in the game: if you don't have all the Templar lairs (DLC that was only released with certain editions of AC2), then those lairs will forever show up as "undiscovered" secret locations.

Additionally, I think secret areas are actually considered separate from the tombs themselves. In every tomb there is always a so-called secret area which holds a treasure chest. It's usually half-hidden somewhere that requires the player to figure out how to get there. If you replayed one of the tombs recently, it may be that you discovered one of these secret areas that you didn't on your first playthrough, that's why it progressed from 2/6 to 3/6.

EllJim
10-22-2013, 12:57 AM
Not sure what's going on exactly since you say replaying some of the tombs updates your progress. Just a reminder though that there is a glitch in the game: if you don't have all the Templar lairs (DLC that was only released with certain editions of AC2), then those lairs will forever show up as "undiscovered" secret locations.

Additionally, I think secret areas are actually considered separate from the tombs themselves. In every tomb there is always a so-called secret area which holds a treasure chest. It's usually half-hidden somewhere that requires the player to figure out how to get there. If you replayed one of the tombs recently, it may be that you discovered one of these secret areas that you didn't on your first playthrough, that's why it progressed from 2/6 to 3/6.
Thanks for your response I figured point one as when I did the 6 originally the diamond never went solid (some research later made me suspect it as there was a lot of complaining about pre orders not being available etc by those like me playing standard editions later....

All I did this time was replay Della Visitazione no extra chests showed up EXCEPT! at the end the main sarcophagus showed up as a chest (diamond icon) and as soon as I looted it the 2/6 jumped to 3/6 so I am guessing it's a sync issue, just wondering if anyone had this issue and as above managed to block force it or I have hours of work to do yet...

I know there are hidden chests these I thought always just counted towards the chest total?

Really curios about Della Visitazione and it's glyph been round it now 10 times with no luck.