PDA

View Full Version : Some (French) new gameplay ! [spoilers]

White24Room
10-20-2013, 04:40 PM
Hi guys !

I guess you don't really know French Youtubeurs. But some of them made videos about AC4, you can have a look if you want :)
I found two videos; the first one is the best I think, there are a lot of secondary activities that you can see.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tNuNa0gkjZo&feature=player_detailpage&list=UU4ifYvfu2in5TT6V0thbOVg

And this is the other one

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PHvGm3Uh2RQ

Enjoy !

xboxauditore
10-20-2013, 04:41 PM
I didn't even watch the video, I was too busy wishing I could speak French lol

Wolfmeister1010
10-20-2013, 04:43 PM
Wonderful find! Great work my friend!

ACfan443
10-20-2013, 04:53 PM
Nightime Havana with the downpour and lightning in the second video looks divine.

White24Room
10-20-2013, 04:55 PM
Glad you like it :)

xboxauditore
10-20-2013, 04:59 PM
As much as I wish Ubisoft would release some 360 gameplay, I'd like to know if it will have as much detail as the PS4 or Xbox One

Megas_Doux
10-20-2013, 05:03 PM
The raining effects look really cool!
By the way, in the second video he was freeroaming in La Habana with the hood on, interesting.

pacmanate
10-20-2013, 05:08 PM
As much as I wish Ubisoft would release some 360 gameplay, I'd like to know if it will have as much detail as the PS4 or Xbox One

Of course it won't. The 360 and PS3 hardware is like 10 years old.

ACfan443
10-20-2013, 05:09 PM
The raining effects look really cool!
By the way, in the second video he was freeroaming in La Habana with the hood on, interesting.

Perhaps he was shielding his pristine locks from the rain? :p

Wolfmeister1010
10-20-2013, 05:12 PM
Thats cool in the second one where there is a dynamic encounter where you have to loot as much of the ship as possible before it sinks. And also...DAT GEN RAIN AND PUDDLES

jayjay275
10-20-2013, 06:30 PM
Thats cool in the second one where there is a dynamic encounter where you have to loot as much of the ship as possible before it sinks. And also...DAT GEN RAIN AND PUDDLES

They look great. Wouldn't it be cool if different areas had larger puddles? But that'd be asking for much...
Hopefully I can get this game on PS4. :-)

Mr_Shade
10-20-2013, 06:34 PM
They look great. Wouldn't it be cool if different areas had larger puddles? But that'd be asking for much...
Hopefully I can get this game on PS4. :-)you never know, they maydo ;)

jayjay275
10-20-2013, 06:59 PM
you never know, they maydo ;)

One can only hope; None the less though, it looks great.

pacmanate
10-20-2013, 07:18 PM
Not sure if I should watch this or not...

jayjay275
10-20-2013, 07:40 PM

Much of it is French.

ACfan443
10-20-2013, 07:44 PM

If you've watched recent previews then it's more of the same, naval naval naval with some city exploration.

SixKeys
10-20-2013, 07:47 PM

The first video is nothing but naval, the second one shows him exploring Havana. Just looking at it makes me feel hyped. This looks like a world I actually want to spend time in, something I never got from the AC3 previews. I think I'm just going to be happy wandering the streets during a thunderstorm.

BTW, looks like they've changed the blending mechanism of AC3 back to AC2-style. No more circles above the characters' heads, now it's back to turning monochrome when you're blending.

Mr_Shade
10-20-2013, 07:48 PM
The first video is nothing but naval, the second one shows him exploring Havana. Just looking at it makes me feel hyped. This looks like a world I actually want to spend time in, something I never got from the AC3 previews. I think I'm just going to be happy wandering the streets during a thunderstorm.
You will get wet though.. and maybe catch a cold? 'sniffles'

SixKeys
10-20-2013, 07:50 PM
You will get wet though.. and maybe catch a cold? 'sniffles'

I'm a pirate, we don't give in to pedestrian landlubber sicknesses!

Wolfmeister1010
10-20-2013, 08:00 PM

BTW, looks like they've changed the blending mechanism of AC3 back to AC2-style. No more circles above the characters' heads, now it's back to turning monochrome when you're blending.

What I have noticed is that it is a mix between AC3 and AC2. It is like AC3 in the sense that you can still blend between two people, but is kinda like AC2 where there are more crowds of people who walk together. It does not look as unrealistic as AC2 though, which is good. They just made it so that it is more likely to find two or more people together so you can blend. Also, the chrome effect is back, which is okay I guess.

I-Like-Pie45
10-20-2013, 08:02 PM
I'm a pirate, we don't give in to pedestrian landlubber sicknesses!

pestilence is a cruel mistress, plays no favorites, shows no mercy even to a bunch of rugged sea mongrels

:)

pacmanate
10-20-2013, 08:10 PM

Yeah I noticed that too. Im replaying Brotherhood and I like'd that greyish silvery thing.

GreySkellig
10-20-2013, 08:37 PM
Pleased as punch that the first guy
1) Actually boarded several ships. I am stoked for that--it looks much more fun than in all the official videos where they just air-assassinated the captain.
2) Was good at it, unlike the second guy who was hard to watch. Though watch I did, because he collected some good "location" shots even if his gameplay was suspect.

In random news, they seem (though it's hard to say since it seemed like a late-game thing with loads of cannon upgrades) to have done away with the bizarre multiple volleys that were driving me up the wall.

ArabianFrost
10-20-2013, 09:10 PM
......Havana or not, that skyline during the night is just absolutely blissful. I just want to get my hand on the game, wait until it's night and just sail into the abyss as the charming soundtrack plays in the background, setting the scene for the stars above. It really does look beautiful.

xboxauditore
10-20-2013, 09:57 PM
I know I won't get anything done on the first day of the game, I'll be too busy sailing at night and enjoying the views, can't wait!