PDA

View Full Version : Mixing Weapons?

GreySkellig
10-20-2013, 03:34 PM
So as a few folks have probably noticed, a lot of trailers and art depict Edward using mismatched swords. I've seen no evidence for this in-game, however. I'm curious as to whether is was included in the final game, not so much for the sake of the swords but of the pistols. There are obviously some really different pistol types in-game, if you've seen a recent YouTube video showing Edward going shopping (I won't post it here so nobody is tempted). What do you guys think are the odds of being able to carry more than one type of pistol? (Personally I think it would be cool, but I can't imagine how it would be done.)

On a related note, I'm actually pretty pleased with Edward's weapons and tools. I've posted recently complaining about the huge dropoff in the variety of equipment compared to AC3 or even AC:B. But I rather like the idea of trying to overcome challenges using only a limited toolset and your own creativity. Plus, Edward looks less ludicrously overburdened than past assassins.

xboxauditore
10-20-2013, 03:36 PM
I don't think you'll be able to use mismatched swords, I think that when you find a new sword, It's a pair, But I could be wrong, it's just seems more fitting.

pacmanate
10-20-2013, 04:16 PM
I don't think you'll be able to use mismatched swords, I think that when you find a new sword, It's a pair, But I could be wrong, it's just seems more fitting.

I don't see why you would be forced to buy two swords the same though. Imagine that in a real life situation. You have two swords and want to buy a new one. You then get that new one but then you are like "Darn, I need two otherwise I'm not allowed to use it".

Makes no sense.

xboxauditore
10-20-2013, 04:26 PM
I don't see why you would be forced to buy two swords the same though. Imagine that in a real life situation. You have two swords and want to buy a new one. You then get that new one but then you are like "Darn, I need two otherwise I'm not allowed to use it".

Makes no sense.

Well, In a video game it makes more sense to get two when you buy a new sword, I might be wrong, but knowing a game like Assassin's Creed, It'll probably be the case.

pacmanate
10-20-2013, 04:28 PM
Well, In a video game it makes more sense to get two when you buy a new sword, I might be wrong, but knowing a game like Assassin's Creed, It'll probably be the case.

It probably will be the case but it doesn't really make sense in a realistic way. Imagine buying one and having the mindset of never using it until you have a nice pair.

xboxauditore
10-20-2013, 04:30 PM
Yeah, I don't mind either way, though it would be cool to use completely different swords, Like a Rapier and a short Cutlass.

pacmanate
10-20-2013, 04:33 PM
Yeah, I don't mind either way, though it would be cool to use completely different swords, Like a Rapier and a short Cutlass.

Yes! I would just love it for aesthetic reasons. Although I guess dual is easier for damage/speed/deflection ratings. Having a sword with a 3/2/3 and one with a 5/5/5 would be hard to do.

xboxauditore
10-20-2013, 04:36 PM
I like it because it fits the idea of a pirate, they take what they can, Edward finds a sword on one ship, then a second different one on another ship, definitely seems more pirate-y than just "Oh I bought these swords from a merchant!"

Wolfmeister1010
10-20-2013, 05:17 PM
It would be cool if there was a system where you can choose which swords to equip in each hand, but then the stats of each sword would average out to the average stats and those stats would be shared for the swords. Does that make sense?

pacmanate
10-20-2013, 05:25 PM
It would be cool if there was a system where you can choose which swords to equip in each hand, but then the stats of each sword would average out to the average stats and those stats would be shared for the swords. Does that make sense?

Not really as having two swords wouldnt change the stats of the other.

guardian_titan
10-20-2013, 05:26 PM
It's possible early on they intended mix and matching weapons but they encountered too many bugs so got simplified. So if dual wielding comes back in AC6, possible that may be one of the features that gets more fleshed out and lets us mix and match.

As for buying the weapons themselves, seems we always buy 2. It's 2 for 1. You can't buy one sword for 50% off. The price given in the game is always for 2 swords. Same was true with guns in AC3. We bought one gun but once we got dual holsters, we weren't told to buy a second gun. We already had it from when we bought the first one.

Does make sense ultimately to use two types of swords like short swords or swordbreakers with swords, but dual wielding is a new feature in the series so I didn't expect it to be fully fleshed out much like sailing wasn't full fleshed out in AC3. It'll still be entertaining which is the intent anyway.

Wolfmeister1010
10-20-2013, 05:27 PM
Not really as having two swords wouldnt change the stats of the other.

You dont understand. By equiping two different swords, the stats then average out. Its not "realistic" but its the only way for it to work in AC.

Jexx21
10-20-2013, 05:50 PM
but we can't equip more than one type of sword or pistol

LoyalACFan
10-20-2013, 09:00 PM
It'll be like AC3's pistols, where you buy one and automatically have the other if you have a second sheath (assuming you don't start out with two sheathes).

pacmanate
10-20-2013, 10:51 PM
You dont understand. By equiping two different swords, the stats then average out. Its not "realistic" but its the only way for it to work in AC.

I know what you said, I just wouldnt like it.

plentybeef
10-21-2013, 02:07 AM
I was confused when I tried to equip different guns. Two swords In a game Iike Ac bf makes some sense but in the program of the coding, imagining an object like our game consol coveying the physics behind a heavy sword and a lighter sword. Thank goodness for the new systems. Which migh cominea mace witha shel planed on the left forearm and a sword in the right.