PDA

View Full Version : Important (Lack of) Information RE: Next-Gen Upgrade Program for AC4

Zrvan
10-20-2013, 12:23 AM
Here was my question: if I purchase AC4 for my PS3, then opt for the next-gen upgrade, will my DLC/season pass carry over to the PS4?

Playstation Support's answer: ask Ubisoft

Ubisoft Support's answer: We don't know; Sony won't tell us how that'll be handled.

So, if you're a sucker for preorder incentives, like I am, it is not yet known whether or not you will get to keep your DLC between platforms.

Speaking as someone whose PS4 is already bought and paid for, I'm less upset that I suppose I could be -- this means, at most, ten extra dollars for me, since I only want the PS3 version for the multiplayer, as I imagine the PS4's multiplayer is going to be a wasteland for a few months.

I will, however, be a little cross if I randomly don't get my Black Island pack because reasons. As I said, not a big thing, just wanted to spare other people the hour or so I spent on the phone talking to support to get two 'I don't knows' for answers.

STDlyMcStudpants
10-20-2013, 12:36 AM
Here was my question: if I purchase AC4 for my PS3, then opt for the next-gen upgrade, will my DLC/season pass carry over to the PS4?

Playstation Support's answer: ask Ubisoft

Ubisoft Support's answer: We don't know; Sony won't tell us how that'll be handled.

So, if you're a sucker for preorder incentives, like I am, it is not yet known whether or not you will get to keep your DLC between platforms.

Speaking as someone whose PS4 is already bought and paid for, I'm less upset that I suppose I could be -- this means, at most, ten extra dollars for me, since I only want the PS3 version for the multiplayer, as I imagine the PS4's multiplayer is going to be a wasteland for a few months.

I will, however, be a little cross if I randomly don't get my Black Island pack because reasons. As I said, not a big thing, just wanted to spare other people the hour or so I spent on the phone talking to support to get two 'I don't knows' for answers.

Sony supports cross buy and has REALLY pushed it this year.
So many games gave you the PS Vita version for free.
Sony also said next gen is in the hands of publishers....so if you have to pay for it again when you go to ps4 it will be all on Ubisoft.
But by ubisoft saying sony wont tell us how thatll be handled, it sounds like they don't plan on charging.
So that pretty much answers the question.
DLC will be cross buy. :) (buy once, works on all PS consoles)

Wolfmeister1010
10-20-2013, 01:24 AM
Would dlc codes work from Xbox360 to PS4?

Layytez
10-20-2013, 02:17 AM
Would dlc codes work from Xbox360 to PS4?
Nope.

Coltillion
10-20-2013, 02:23 AM
Typical Ubisoft. Yves Gulliemont tries his best to give the consumer what they want, and his subordinates merely ruin the great work he and his brothers have created.
Heil Yves.