PDA

View Full Version : Picking up weapons

ArticEag1e
10-19-2013, 07:44 PM
In assassins creed 3 it was set so that once you picked up a sword, axe, knife etc it would be placed permanently in your inventory. do you think that the AC4 team will include this or allow us to drop and store weapons at will? thanks!

Coltillion
10-19-2013, 09:04 PM
Um... I would assume so. If it's in the other games...

thekyle0
10-19-2013, 09:19 PM
I and many others have been asking for a way to unequip weapons and play with empty slots since AC2. It's never been in the game, but it this time it there has been no indication that you can actually permanently carry any primary weapons other than dual swords and the hidden blades. It may be the case that when you disarm somebody their weapon won't get equipped to your weapon slot but just drops when the player doesn't need it anymore.

It may not be relevant anymore, but the system I always pushed for was to have disarmed weapons temporarily replace the fists in the weapon wheel rather than fill the vacant slot for a sword or dagger. Then the player could choose to play without a bigger sword and knife hanging from his or her belt and just utilize the hidden blades and any weapons taken from guards around them. When the player felt a stolen weapon had outlived its usefulness they could just select the fists weapon in their inventory twice and the weapon would drop.

My guess is that such a feature was so small in the grand scheme of things that the developers either never thought to or could not justify taking the time to code a system for it.

Medieval-X-2.0
10-20-2013, 03:03 PM
^ We definately need this type of system. I for one would rather not walk around as a bastion of weaponry. It takes away from the sense of being an assassin. *sigh* I miss Altair...

SGT-Achilless
10-20-2013, 07:14 PM
I hate that feature in AC3 I accidentally picked up an ax and switched my AC tomahawk it was so frustrating.