PDA

View Full Version : Question on Kenways Tattoos (Tats that tell a story ?)

Silent Running5
10-19-2013, 06:36 PM
On the Tattoo TV video, I got the impression that he gains new tattoos as the story progresses.. It would be nice if it was part of the story, even a achievement.
As you go through the story, you get new tattoos that tells a story, or has special meaning for Kenway. (maybe with a option to go with out a shirt to show off the tats)
Any way, my question is, did anyone else get this impression ?

adventurewomen
10-19-2013, 06:38 PM
Of course, they do tell a story Edward likes his tattoos to reflect his life.

silvermercy
10-19-2013, 06:38 PM
Yes, and I hope it's true! It'd be really nice if we gained more and more tattoos with every level or certain missions! :)
(But hopefully he doesn't turn like Mike Tyson and gets face tattoos! O_o lol)

superkootje
10-19-2013, 06:39 PM
not particularly...
But now that you mention it, it would really be cool if he gets more tattoo's throughout the game.

Mr_Shade
10-19-2013, 06:52 PM
Nothing has been officially confirmed about gaining new tattoos with experience etc, so try not to be upset if that does not happen.

superkootje
10-19-2013, 06:55 PM
Nothing has been officially confirmed about gaining new tattoos with experience etc, so try not to be upset if that does not happen.

Im not upset that fast :P I love AC in general and you are going to have to do ALOT wrong to make me upset :P

k4Anarky2011
10-19-2013, 06:57 PM
If you take the trailer as canon, then I would say that Edward had all of those tattoos before the game. I'm pretty sure the game started years into his career as a pirate/privateers, and he decided to go freelance at some point before the events of the game (as he already has his assassin-like freerunning skills from being a pirate crewmember). So that means he has already been an English privateer, captured and betrayed by the Crown (chains tattoo), knocked boots with Anne Bonny (the woman's face tattoo on his right arm), had a close encounter with the wild life (shark tattoo)...

But what does not make sense is the tattoo of his ship in front of his chest, which bear the flag of the Assassin emble and the pirate skull. Because Edward did not start the game as an Assassin, the Assassin Pirate flag can only means (again, if you take the trailer as canon) that you gain more tattoos with experiences and story progress. So like, if you plunder 100 ships, Edward will get a ship-battle tattoo on his back like in the trailer... as a part of the subtle and fun details that Ubi might add to enhance the game.

Mr_Shade
10-19-2013, 07:01 PM
CGI Trailers should be considered to have Artistic Licence too.. So they sometimes do make things up - if it looks cool ;)

k4Anarky2011
10-19-2013, 07:07 PM
CGI Trailers should be considered to have Artistic Licence too.. So they sometimes do make things up - if it looks cool ;)
Reminds me of the ACII trailer, where Ezio dropped down from a two-stories building and break the pavement. I tried that in game, and needless to say... I flopped on my *** and die. :p

pacmanate
10-19-2013, 08:06 PM
This was actually my impression, you stole it!

However I think it was for trailer purposes, either way, if it doesnt happen in the game I won't really care.

renatabls
10-19-2013, 11:33 PM
try not to be upset if that does not happen.

This. Never get your hopes up if you don't want to get disappointed.

I-Like-Pie45
10-19-2013, 11:52 PM
like charging firing lines ;)

Hans684
10-20-2013, 12:24 PM
If you take the trailer as canon, then I would say that Edward had all of those tattoos before the game. I'm pretty sure the game started years into his career as a pirate/privateers, and he decided to go freelance at some point before the events of the game (as he already has his assassin-like freerunning skills from being a pirate crewmember). So that means he has already been an English privateer, captured and betrayed by the Crown (chains tattoo), knocked boots with Anne Bonny (the woman's face tattoo on his right arm), had a close encounter with the wild life (shark tattoo)...

But what does not make sense is the tattoo of his ship in front of his chest, which bear the flag of the Assassin emble and the pirate skull. Because Edward did not start the game as an Assassin, the Assassin Pirate flag can only means (again, if you take the trailer as canon) that you gain more tattoos with experiences and story progress. So like, if you plunder 100 ships, Edward will get a ship-battle tattoo on his back like in the trailer... as a part of the subtle and fun details that Ubi might add to enhance the game.

The woman tattoo is of Caroline Scott. The tattoo is also shown in-game.

Sn1p3r-28
10-20-2013, 01:14 PM
This reminds me of Far Cry 3, some of the devs worked on Far Cry 3 and have borrowed some of the mechanics from that game, like hunting. So maybe.

silvermercy
10-20-2013, 01:27 PM
The woman tattoo is of Caroline Scott. The tattoo is also shown in-game.
I think so, too...

oh it's gonna be so awkward when his 2nd wife sees this! lulz

Tessa: who's that tattooed woman on your arm Ed?
Edward: It's you Tessa, I swear on me mom!
Tessa: But you hadn't even met me yet!!
Edward: I saw you in a dream!
Tessa: But she doesn't look like me!!
Edward: The dream was hazy, okay?
Tessa: :|

adventurewomen
10-20-2013, 02:41 PM
I think so, too...

oh it's gonna be so awkward when his 2nd wife sees this! lulz

Tessa: who's that tattooed woman on your arm Ed?
Edward: It's you Tessa, I swear on me mom!
Tessa: But you hadn't even met me yet!!
Edward: I saw you in a dream!
Tessa: But she doesn't look like me!!
Edward: The dream was hazy, okay?
Tessa: :|
Haha yeah! Exactly the conversation Edward would have with his 2nd wife Tessa.

I still think that Haytham must take after Tessa looks wife and personality.

xboxauditore
10-20-2013, 02:47 PM
Edward getting tattoo's over the course of the game to tell a story would be really cool.