PDA

View Full Version : newbee says thanks

XyZspineZyX
07-10-2003, 08:29 PM
Thanks to all that answered my questions. Shift F1 answered the gunsight problem. Funny, I wrote UBI and they gave me a whole list of technical fixes,none of which worked. They did not suggest the simple fix. Am using PE11 against TB3 bombers w/empty loadouts to practice marksmanship. It is a nice plane to fly, but I don't see how the Poles shot down so many german planes with it. It is so slow! I am currently trying to land it. Have wrecked so many I am about to be sent to a penal battalion.

I live in Chandler, AZ. Any FB players in my area?

XyZspineZyX
07-10-2003, 08:29 PM
Thanks to all that answered my questions. Shift F1 answered the gunsight problem. Funny, I wrote UBI and they gave me a whole list of technical fixes,none of which worked. They did not suggest the simple fix. Am using PE11 against TB3 bombers w/empty loadouts to practice marksmanship. It is a nice plane to fly, but I don't see how the Poles shot down so many german planes with it. It is so slow! I am currently trying to land it. Have wrecked so many I am about to be sent to a penal battalion.

I live in Chandler, AZ. Any FB players in my area?

XyZspineZyX
07-10-2003, 09:05 PM
As I am a poor pilot, and even worse shot in all flight sims I ever tried (Flanker 1.0, Flanker 2.51, Oleg) here is what I did for my first gunnery...

I used FMB to set up very simple mission with me in TB~3 flying through large numbers of Barrage Balloons at different altitudes, and I took front gunner seat and just had fun popping balloons. Make balloons *very* close to TB~3 waypoint line (I can't see the line using DirectX only OpenGL).

Then I took I~153 and popped balloons above the Kuban mountains. But in fast aircraft they are hard to see. Would have done Polish PE11 (/i/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif ) but I didn't know then it was flyable.

When you set up many balloons along your waypoint, its amazing the difference a few hundred meters altitude makes. Lot more than I expected.

They should set this up as initial training device for FB.

XyZspineZyX
07-10-2003, 09:56 PM
LEXX_Luthor wrote:
- As I am a poor pilot, and even worse shot in all
- flight sims I ever tried (Flanker 1.0, Flanker 2.51,
- Oleg) here is what I did for my first gunnery...
-
- I used FMB to set up very simple mission with me in
- TB~3 flying through large numbers of Barrage
- Balloons at different altitudes, and I took front
- gunner seat and just had fun popping balloons. Make
- balloons *very* close to TB~3 waypoint line (I can't
- see the line using DirectX only OpenGL).
-
- Then I took I~153 and popped balloons above the
- Kuban mountains. But in fast aircraft they are hard
- to see. Would have done Polish PE11 (/i/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif ) but I didn't know
- then it was flyable.
-
- When you set up many balloons along your waypoint,
- its amazing the difference a few hundred meters
- altitude makes. Lot more than I expected.
-
- They should set this up as initial training device
- for FB.
-
-
-
-
I never heard of anyone, using the balloons like this, very nice. I'll try it myself.

1 Judge not, that ye be not judged.
2 For with what judgment ye judge, ye
shall be judged: and with what
measure ye mete, it shall be
measured to you again.

http://members.chello.se/ven/ham-pin.gif

XyZspineZyX
07-10-2003, 10:04 PM
Exploding hydrogen filled balloons are very rewarding to watch. Best visual gunnery feedback in FB.

To misquote G'kar in Babylon~5:: Balloons make a most satisfying Thump, when the hydrogen explodes.

XyZspineZyX
07-10-2003, 10:38 PM
Thanks Platypus, that sounds like a good tip.

http://mysite.freeserve.com/jjffjj/images/0-picture.gif