PDA

View Full Version : AC4 Sequence Sizes [spoilers]

Farlander1991
10-18-2013, 10:15 AM
Ok, well, honestly, this is not really an indicator of anything, but, in the newly opened up Initiates there's this:

http://img23.imageshack.us/img23/5341/nkpm.png

And, honestly, that brings me hope of some normal, cool, lengthy sequences in AC4 in comparison to AC3. Of course, for all we know, all other sequences may have just 1/2 levels in them, but we can always hope, right? :D

As a comparison, the average sequence length of ACR is 6 missions, with some of the lengthier sequences being 7-10 (including the story book finding ones, so, 6-9 I suppose) and the shorter ones being at the beginning and end with 3-4 missions, and AC4 is essentially done by ACR team (and FC3 teams and a bunch of other people too, but that's not the point), so.... yay?

Mr_Shade
10-18-2013, 10:22 AM
spoilers?

Farlander1991
10-18-2013, 10:23 AM
spoilers?

Maybe? :rolleyes: I don't know, I don't think the name of the mission is really indicative of anything.

Mr_Shade
10-18-2013, 10:26 AM
Some people would rather not know anything... better to be over protective - other wise people may complain..

By now you should know that certain people - have a way of finding doom in anything ;)

Jack-Reacher
10-18-2013, 10:33 AM
Nah man this is a great find, I hope you are correct as well because the way AC3 dropped off later on with only a few memories per sequence, it was just weak stuff man.

Like totally toads.

Farlander1991
10-18-2013, 10:42 AM
Nah man this is a great find, I hope you are correct as well because the way AC3 dropped off later on with only a few memories per sequence, it was just weak stuff man.

I wouldn't even say that it's that big of a drop-off, considering that with the exception of Haytham's sequence 2 and Connor's sequence 5 (both of which have 5 missions, plus Connor has got a lot of tutorial expository stuff regarding the manor and some other mechanics which aren't even proper missions/memories even in the context of the game itself as it doesn't count them), there's no more than 4 levels per sequence.

Jack-Reacher
10-18-2013, 10:53 AM
I wouldn't even say that it's that big of a drop-off, considering that with the exception of Haytham's sequence 2 and Connor's sequence 5 (both of which have 5 missions, plus Connor has got a lot of tutorial expository stuff regarding the manor and some other mechanics which aren't even proper missions/memories even in the context of the game itself as it doesn't count them), there's no more than 4 levels per sequence.
Tbh I just stopped counting the sequences once I go to sequence 6.

How I played it was turning off he radar and just explored the frontier. I also explored all the cities like this stumbling upon liberation missions, and main missions occasionally. I would usually do it fully notorious as well to make it way harder. No one really plays these games like that anymore though, I hope they maintain an environment where you can at least pretend you are doing that...

pacmanate
10-18-2013, 04:23 PM
I don't get it...

Assassin_M
10-18-2013, 04:24 PM
I don't get it...

7 memories is pretty good for a single sequence he says...so he's wondering how large the other ones will be

pacmanate
10-18-2013, 04:26 PM
7 memories is pretty good for a single sequence he says...so he's wondering how large the other ones will be

Ah right. Well lets hope there are no "leading" missions and that the missions are lengthy. I also hope for no 3-4 missions for the first 2 sequences. I will cry.

Toa TAK
10-18-2013, 04:31 PM
More memories are good by me. I was a bit disappointed by how short Revelations (and Brotherhood) were in terms of memories.

pirate1802
10-18-2013, 04:35 PM
More memories are good by me. I was a bit disappointed by how short Revelations (and Brotherhood) were in terms of memories.

Actually I felt AC3 smaller than Revelations, because the main AC3 parts, you know the ones with Connor, contained fewer missions than what Ezio got in ACR.

Toa TAK
10-18-2013, 05:17 PM
Actually I felt AC3 smaller than Revelations, because the main AC3 parts, you know the ones with Connor, contained fewer missions than what Ezio got in ACR.

True. But for ACR, I felt like I went through it pretty quickly, as opposed to AC3. Maybe because there was a lot more to learn gameplay wise with AC3 then ACR...

pirate1802
10-18-2013, 05:26 PM
Yeah, AC3 was well padded out with side missions while ACR barely had any; a stark climbdown from ACB's gazillion sidequests. And yes, as you said, AC3 felt like a legitimately new entry in the series, we had to learn a lot of new things, get adjusted to them. ACR felt like, and probably was, an expansion of sorts. Samey gameplay with a few additions.