PDA

View Full Version : Assassin’s Creed 4: Black Flag 100% runs can take up to 80 hours, says Ubisoft

AlexEzio89
10-17-2013, 11:46 AM
Assassin’s Creed 4: Black Flag lead game designer Jean-Sebastien Decant has suggested that while the core game will take around 20 hours to finish, completing the additional content could see you scouring the sandbox for a further 60 hours. That’s 80 hours people.

In an*OPM
*interview feature, the site stated that Decant said of the game’s play-time, “20 hours to finish the main story, 50 or 60 hours open world stuff.”
On the Black Flag’s scale, he added, “I wouldn’t be able to give you any numbers, but what I can tell you is we have three big cities, compared to the other games, there’s three huge cities and then fifteen unique locations – like continents – throughout the world, and then lots of [islands where] you can find buildings, stuff like that. The size of the map is like fifteen, twenty minutes, if you were just to sail without stopping, so that’s huge.
“We really tried to increase the feeling of adventure. At the same time it has to be easy to use so we added a number of teleports, in fact every [objective] you do becomes a teleport. So as you soon as you win somewhere, you can send people there.” http://www.vg247.com/2013/10/17/assassins-creed-4-black-flag-100-runs-can-take-up-to-80-hours-says-ubisoft/

adventurewomen
10-17-2013, 11:51 AM
While this may be great news, I just don't take into account the hours when playing AC games.

When I play AC games I'm not interested in how long it will take me to complete the game, it ruins the experience for me. I'm more interested in knowing as much as possible from the game, I just like to take my time for the immersion.

Honestly why would anyone want to rush play any AC game, when these games are just a beautiful experience.

HiddenKiller612
10-17-2013, 11:52 AM
While this may be great news, I just don't take into account the hours when playing AC games.

When I play AC games I'm not interested in how long it will take me to complete the game, it ruins the experience for me. I'm more interested in knowing as much as possible from the game, I just lie to take my time.
This is how I feel as well... I only ever notice how long I've spent on a game after I've finished it. Though I can see my self perhaps doubling that since I'll more than likely sail everywhere without using the fast travel points.

Lowly Assassin
10-17-2013, 12:03 PM
I call bull carp
Full complete 100% run of ac3 takes 50-55 hours
I expect ac4 to take 110-120 hours

pirate1802
10-17-2013, 12:12 PM
I call bull carp
Full complete 100% run of ac3 takes 50-55 hours
I expect ac4 to take 110-120 hours

Indeed. AC3 100% took me no more than 45-50 hours and I play as slowly as a snail.

Jexx21
10-17-2013, 01:06 PM
I PLAY LIKE GAME YEa

pacmanate
10-17-2013, 02:30 PM
Depends what they mean by 100%, do they mean 100% sync and collectibles in SP? Or all trophies as well?

Sushiglutton
10-17-2013, 02:34 PM
That's A LOT of letter delivery missions :eek:! It doesn't suprise me tbh, as traveling in AC4 will take longer (assuming you don't use fast travel). Also systemic stuff adds a lot of time as well. Not worried about the quantity of content at all....

Toa TAK
10-17-2013, 02:48 PM
I'm willing to bet a lot of that has to do with worthless collectables. More mini or side missions would be great, though.

DavidPage
10-17-2013, 06:36 PM
How do you guys suggest I play ACIV? I'll be buying it for PS3 in 12 days!!! And then when PS4 comes out I'll upgrade for 10 euros. So the options are: 100% PS3 and then just enjoy a playthrough on PS4 (for the graphics and stuff), the opposite - playthrough of current gen for the story and then 100% PS4 or 100% both?

pacmanate
10-17-2013, 06:45 PM
How do you guys suggest I play ACIV? I'll be buying it for PS3 in 12 days!!! And then when PS4 comes out I'll upgrade for 10 euros. So the options are: 100% PS3 and then just enjoy a playthrough on PS4 (for the graphics and stuff), the opposite - playthrough of current gen for the story and then 100% PS4 or 100% both?

Well trophies carry over, so whatever you want to do haha. I would say 100% the PS4 version cause that will mean more PS4 gametime. But at the same time, can you handle being told you failed optional objectives :P My mini OCD would kick in.

DavidPage
10-17-2013, 06:53 PM
Well trophies carry over, so whatever you want to do haha. I would say 100% the PS4 version cause that will mean more PS4 gametime. But at the same time, can you handle being told you failed optional objectives :P My mini OCD would kick in.

Well I actually not only can't handle being told I failed Optional Objectives, I also can't stand looking at my stats and see them incomplete with absolutely no effort being made to progress... But if I 100% the current gen version I'm afraid I'll be bored to do it again on PS4... But if I do it on PS4 then I won't bother doing it with crappier graphics (and a primitive controller :p) so I don't know... I'll probably do it like you said...

lothario-da-be
10-17-2013, 06:54 PM
We will see, ac3 not doing 100% took me over 50 hours. So i guess this game doing 100% can get me busy for more then 70 hours :)

DavidPage
10-17-2013, 06:56 PM
Also, when was it confirmed that trophies DO carry over?

pacmanate
10-17-2013, 06:58 PM
Also, when was it confirmed that trophies DO carry over?

Because it's the PSN, they aren't using something new system. Your PSN account is the same for your Vita, PS3, PSP, all stats are the same...

lothario-da-be
10-17-2013, 06:59 PM
Because it's the PSN, they aren't using something new system. Your PSN account is the same for your Vita, PS3, PSP, all stats are the same...
Do you have to take the same nickname for every platform if i want to carry over trophies and more stuff like that?

DavidPage
10-17-2013, 07:01 PM

Yeah I know but, if I get a trophy on the current gen version will the same trophy be unlocked on the PS4 version list?

lothario-da-be
10-17-2013, 07:07 PM
"there’s three huge cities and then fifteen unique locations "It has happened, the first lies are here. Some weeks ago it was still over 50 unique locations. I hope we won't get more of these in the next days-weeks.

Shahkulu101
10-17-2013, 07:12 PM
"there’s three huge cities and then fifteen unique locations "It has happened, the first lies are here. Some weeks ago it was still over 50 unique locations. I hope we won't get more of these in the next days-weeks.

Surely a typo, they couldn't have gone from 50 to a measly 15 - surely they'd want to avoid the inevitable backlash from fans. This can't be true.

Where is your source?

pacmanate
10-17-2013, 07:12 PM
Yeah I know but, if I get a trophy on the current gen version will the same trophy be unlocked on the PS4 version list?

I don't see why not, its the same game... Then again... it might. Forget whatever I just told you.

pacmanate
10-17-2013, 07:13 PM
Surely a typo, they couldn't have gone from 50 to a measly 15 - surely they'd want to avoid the inevitable backlash from fans. This can't be true.

Where is your source?

Wait, 50 to 15?! This cannot be true surely.

DavidPage
10-17-2013, 07:26 PM
Guys he said "continents" if you paid attention! 15 unique locations - continents... And then the smaller islands in between. The 50 (actually over 60 as they updated us recently) locations and the 75 playas...

DavidPage
10-17-2013, 07:27 PM
"...there’s three huge cities and then fifteen unique locations – like continents – throughout the world, and then lots of [islands where] you can find buildings, stuff like that."

pacmanate
10-17-2013, 07:31 PM
Phew. Thank YOU David.

DavidPage
10-17-2013, 07:31 PM
OR they misquoted him, as 50 sounds like 15 (especially since he's French with that "qul" accent).

poptartz20
10-17-2013, 07:32 PM
Ummm... I guess this is just to appease the people who love to rush through games! this has not bearing to me! I know I'm gonna take my time on the game either way! :D so 100+ here we come! :) I still have my copy of AC3 while the rest of them I sold! (planning on buying then again. -_- eventually just to have the complete series.) but I'm hoping I have the same feeling about AC4. Pretty sure I will though.

Any word on the book btw?

DavidPage
10-17-2013, 07:38 PM
Ummm... I guess this is just to appease the people who love to rush through games! this has not bearing to me! I know I'm gonna take my time on the game either way! :D so 100+ here we come! :) I still have my copy of AC3 while the rest of them I sold! (planning on buying then again. -_- eventually just to have the complete series.) but I'm hoping I have the same feeling about AC4. Pretty sure I will though.

Any word on the book btw?

November 7th in Europe, November 26th in US.

Shahkulu101
10-17-2013, 07:38 PM
I saw the book on Amazon, Oliver Bowden is writing again. I only read the Revelations novel, which was pretty good - it included embers. Had to hold the tears back.

He did seem to use the word 'unmolested' quite a lot though.

DavidPage
10-17-2013, 07:42 PM
Yeah he's good. I only read The Secret Crusade (I felt that Altair's life story deserved to be owned - the others are just parts of Ezio's life - thinking of getting Forsaken)... BEST THREE DAYS OF MY LIFE!

pacmanate
10-17-2013, 07:42 PM
I saw the book on Amazon, Oliver Bowden is writing again. I only read the Revelations novel, which was pretty good - it included embers. Had to hold the tears back.

He did seem to use the word 'unmolested' quite a lot though.

just choked on my cookie

DavidPage
10-17-2013, 07:43 PM
Of course when Revelations got out I knew the content of the Altair missions which was a bit of a disappointment for me...

DavidPage
10-17-2013, 07:44 PM
just choked on my cookie

die beeatch!!!

DavidPage
10-17-2013, 07:45 PM
No sorry! I really shouldn't have said that... It's the inner me...

Shahkulu101
10-17-2013, 07:48 PM
just choked on my cookie

Seriously read it! It's very jarring how frequently it comes up.

poptartz20
10-17-2013, 07:50 PM
Yeah he's good. I only read The Secret Crusade (I felt that Altair's life story deserved to be owned - the others are just parts of Ezio's life - thinking of getting Forsaken)... BEST THREE DAYS OF MY LIFE!

Ahh! The only one I've read is Forsaken. I personally loved it. Then again I'm fan of the AC3 Kenway family saga ordeal! I didn't think to pick up the other books. Are they all Canon?

anyways. Good Read and thanks for the dates! I wonder why it's coming out so late. :|

DavidPage
10-17-2013, 07:54 PM
Ahh! The only one I've read is Forsaken. I personally loved it. Then again I'm fan of the AC3 Kenway family saga ordeal! I didn't think to pick up the other books. Are they all Canon?

anyways. Good Read and thanks for the dates! I wonder why it's coming out so late. :|

Well it's only a week late in... everywhere but the US... They are all canon but there are a few hiccups here and there... Minor inconsistencies if you will. But they are extremely skippable! Pick up The Secret Crusade. If you liked - not loved, only liked - AC1 you will LOVE the book! I LOOOOVE it!!! Should i get Forsaken then?

lothario-da-be
10-17-2013, 07:55 PM
Guys he said "continents" if you paid attention! 15 unique locations - continents... And then the smaller islands in between. The 50 (actually over 60 as they updated us recently) locations and the 75 playas...
Well he still said the unique locations, off course i saw the continent part. But they have been saying 50 locations since the beginning. So i assume when he said unique locations again he ment those.

STDlyMcStudpants
10-17-2013, 07:57 PM

When I play AC games I'm not interested in how long it will take me to complete the game, it ruins the experience for me. I'm more interested in knowing as much as possible from the game, I just like to take my time for the immersion.

Honestly why would anyone want to rush play any AC game, when these games are just a beautiful experience.

Exactly!! Though I have a rough estimate for every AC game (i clock in between 30 and 35 hours every time) ...I never want a time attached to a game I enjoy...
If I look up a games length its because I want to finish it as soon as possible and move on...
With AC idc if its 20 hours or 100...
I just wanna be there and experience :D

DavidPage
10-17-2013, 08:00 PM
Well he still said the unique locations, off course i saw the continent part. But they have been saying 50 locations since the beginning. So i assume when he said unique locations again he ment those.

I know, I kinda freaked out too when I read it but then remembered the map and the edges of it. The big landmasses. Add them to Cuba, Jamaica, The Bahamas and Florida (as complete big landmasses I mean, not the cities in them) and they probably add up to 15. OR as I said earlier he was misquoted. Which I doubt a little because I hope that the 15 "continents" thing is true.

poptartz20
10-17-2013, 08:03 PM
Well it's only a week late in... everywhere but the US... They are all canon but there are a few hiccups here and there... Minor inconsistencies if you will. But they are extremely skippable! Pick up The Secret Crusade. If you liked - not loved, only liked - AC1 you will LOVE the book! I LOOOOVE it!!! Should i get Forsaken then?

orly? Um... okay then I just might have to pic up the Secret Crusade after all! lol. I'm really surprised about that one!

I heard that the Ezio books are basically re-tellings of what happened in the game. Is this true? If so I might just have to skip them :|

Oh okay it's good to know that they are Canon I was a little worried.. Forsaken is the same way with a few inconsistencies as well. But if you really liked Haytham's Character then I say you will highly enjoy the book! you get to find more about him in depth and see his true character, and his feelings towards Connor which wasn't shown in game. He was very well written!

lothario-da-be
10-17-2013, 08:07 PM
orly? Um... okay then I just might have to pic up the Secret Crusade after all! lol. I'm really surprised about that one!

I heard that the Ezio books are basically re-tellings of what happened in the game. Is this true? If so I might just have to skip them :|

Oh okay it's good to know that they are Canon I was a little worried.. Forsaken is the same way with a few inconsistencies as well. But if you really liked Haytham's Character then I say you will highly enjoy the book! you get to find more about him in depth and see his true character, and his feelings towards Connor which wasn't shown in game. He was very well written!
I only have read ac renaissance and brotherhood yet. Renaissance doesn't ad anything new apart from the dlc. Brotherhood ads a whole new part when Ezio AND LEONARDO :) go to Spain to find Cesare. Worth getting imo.

DavidPage
10-17-2013, 08:15 PM
I only have read ac renaissance and brotherhood yet. Renaissance doesn't ad anything new apart from the dlc. Brotherhood ads a whole new part when Ezio AND LEONARDO :) go to Spain to find Cesare. Worth getting imo.

Is the part with Leonardo canon?

Shahkulu101
10-17-2013, 08:21 PM

The AC wiki would have us believing so, yes.

lothario-da-be
10-17-2013, 08:24 PM
And that part is just cut from the game. Even if it isn't canon ( wich i higly doubt) its a nice story to fill that gap.

Shahkulu101
10-17-2013, 08:27 PM
Is Cesare less of a Rugrats-esque prat and more of a human being in the book?

poptartz20
10-17-2013, 08:30 PM
ahh... okay good. So I have some more to add to the reading list. Woo! Thanks everyone! So Secret Crusade and ... Brotherhood? I don't care about the one that adds embers. I can just go watch that call it a day. Lol!

lothario-da-be
10-17-2013, 08:35 PM
ahh... okay good. So I have some more to add to the reading list. Woo! Thanks everyone! So Secret Crusade and ... Brotherhood? I don't care about the one that adds embers. I can just go watch that call it a day. Lol!
Did you already read forsaken? And ac black flag tells Edward's story before ac4.

poptartz20
10-17-2013, 08:39 PM
^ Yeah! I've already read Forsaken! Loved it personally, but then again I really like Haytham!

Oh! So the new book is a prequel to the game so to speak? Kinda like Forsaken again?

lothario-da-be
10-17-2013, 08:41 PM
^ Yeah! I've already read Forsaken! Loved it personally, but then again I really like Haytham!

Oh! So the new book is a prequel to the game so to speak? Kinda like Forsaken again?
Yep. :)

Toa TAK
10-17-2013, 08:56 PM
I just ordered Foresaken on Amazon this morning after everything I've been hearing about it. Is it really the best AC book? I haven't read any of them before, and the only other book that interests me is The Secret Crusade.

poptartz20
10-17-2013, 08:56 PM
awesome! :D I guess we will find out more about his upbringing and marriages! I think this is actually a cool way to do things! adds more depth to the characters!

pacmanate
10-17-2013, 10:00 PM
I just ordered Foresaken on Amazon this morning after everything I've been hearing about it. Is it really the best AC book? I haven't read any of them before, and the only other book that interests me is The Secret Crusade.
Yes!
Forsaken* is my favourite AC book eva.

Lowly Assassin
10-17-2013, 10:14 PM

oliver bowden works in ubisoft montreal
so it is a very safe bet to say the AC books are canon
unlike the french comics

Toa TAK
10-17-2013, 10:42 PM
Yes!
Forsaken* is my favourite AC book eva.

Sweet. Liked the cast and story in ACIII, so I'm hoping that this exploration of Haytham is great.

eifere
10-21-2013, 03:20 AM
OT: I believe GTA V's total gaming hours is 100. Just sayin'.

Stealth Gamer92
10-21-2013, 03:59 AM
I am at 100 hours on AC2. I still cant find alot of the feathers. I get sidetracked so easy I can see myself puting at least twice as much time in on ACIV.....at the verrrry least. :)

phoenix-force411
10-21-2013, 04:39 AM
I'm not even at 100% for ACIII yet, and having overly too much things to do makes it feel more like a chore. ACIII sort of has too many unnecessary things to do, but the Homestead missions were great, and I sort of enjoyed them more than the main story to an extent.

pacmanate
10-21-2013, 09:12 AM
I'm not even at 100% for ACIII yet, and having overly too much things to do makes it feel more like a chore. ACIII sort of has too many unnecessary things to do, but the Homestead missions were great, and I sort of enjoyed them more than the main story to an extent.

Yeah this... I can't remember if I did 100% or not... probably did but you are right. It had boring unnecessary things. Thats why I hope the side things in AC4 are actually fun. Im replaying AC:B and the side missions in that take like 8-10 minutes to complete. THOSE are brilliant lengths for side missions,