PDA

View Full Version : How come only a year between AC3 and AC4? Different team?

SquareToShoot
10-16-2013, 07:52 PM
I mean, AC3 was in development for what, three years? AC4 is coming out exactly one year after AC3. Was it already in development for some time? Is it a different team doing most of it?

So we had Brotherhood and Revelations which were spinoffs if you like and they were a year apart. Good games, mostly, but there was always something there that you noticed and could tell they were "spinoffs" and out just a year after the last one.

Should we be concerned that AC4, which is seemingly a fully blown sequel what with being being called AC4, is out just a year after AC3...?

Just wondering.

Layytez
10-16-2013, 07:57 PM
It was already in development before AC3 even came out.

GreatBeyonder
10-16-2013, 07:57 PM
Yes, they're different teams, Work on IV started just after they finished Revelations, and employs several people who worked on that game, including the lead writer. The reason WHY its a main game and not a spinoff is because it utilizes a completely new system and mechanics rather than just building off the last game like Brotherhood and Revelations did.

adventurewomen
10-16-2013, 08:13 PM
Ubisoft plans each AC release at least 2 - 3 years in advance during that time each game is in development. By various different Ubisoft studios, but mostly in their Montreal studio.

AC since Brotherhood 2010 has been a yearly release.

SquareToShoot
10-16-2013, 08:16 PM
Fair enough. On another note, is there any Xbox 360 footage anywhere? I'd like to see some considering it's the version I'll be getting first. All I can find on Youtube is Xbox One and PS4 footage. Or is it a case of this game has been developed with the Xbox One and PS4 in mind over the PS3 and 360? Is there any point whatsoever getting the 360 version? Or should I just wait until I can be bothered picking up next gen? Which may or may not be this year depending on what Turn 10 decide to throw out where Forza 5 is concerned.

Sushiglutton
10-16-2013, 08:17 PM
I believe it's complicated and we don't really know exactly how it's organized. They have different core teams who work on the script, main ideas and so on for each game. They have over two years/game. Then there is a spereate teams for MP which has 1 year to add new costumes, modes features etc (this was confirmed in a panel).

My guess is that they have some kind of team working on the various gameplay mechanics and that they do it for all the games. If so they would also have a year for adding features. I don't believe a completely new team has worked two years on AC4's combat as it is very similar to AC3's and that wouldn't make any sense. Further I guess they have some people who run longer projects for the gameplay pillars. For example they rebuilt the parkour for AC3 and added features like tree/cliff climbing etc. My guess is that a special group of innovators worked on that for way more than a year.

Sorry if this sounds confusing, I think it is pretty complicated. Key point is that when they say they develop each game for two years that is not entirely true. They have some people working on each game for over two years. I don't believe all aspects of the games are worked on for that long (100% sure about MP).

Edit: Jutst want to stress that most of my post is speculation.

GreatBeyonder
10-16-2013, 08:24 PM
Its also worth pointing out that this one was originally intended as a spinoff. They didn't spend nearly as long on this one as they did the other numbered games, though many of the core mechanics and engine were already created for III.

STDlyMcStudpants
10-16-2013, 09:33 PM
TBH I was insanely surprised we got a numbered release... (My head will explode if we get AC V next year lol)
But I do wonder how they heck they knew we would love ezio enough for ACB to be a success... because their answer to why the ezio trillogy has always been because he was recieved so well...
Was ACB planned the day reviews hit for AC2? lol

STDlyMcStudpants
10-16-2013, 09:35 PM
as far as next gen vs current gen..it will be like console vs pc...
If you are getting a ps4 or xbox one this year or early next year go for next gen copy 100%
but if nt..it wont be much of a difference..same game just less pretty lol

Mr_Shade
10-16-2013, 09:36 PM
Focus groups.. voodoo, who knows ;)

STDlyMcStudpants
10-16-2013, 09:39 PM
Actually I'd venture to say successful character or not they had a sequel of some sort in progress or pre alpha for probably Ezio and Connor alike...the success of the title probably determines if it gets scrapped or not...
For Edward though I dont think so..I think we will get his whole story in Black Flag

Assassin_M
10-16-2013, 09:39 PM
TBH I was insanely surprised we got a numbered release... (My head will explode if we get AC V next year lol)
But I do wonder how they heck they knew we would love ezio enough for ACB to be a success... because their answer to why the ezio trillogy has always been because he was recieved so well...
ACB was part of AC II, then cut and made into DLC, then made into a full game..

ACR was a 3DS game, then full game..

ACR had the shortest development span

HiddenKiller612
10-16-2013, 09:41 PM
I've liked all of the characters thus far.
as for how they could release Black Flag only a year after AC3... Ashraf has stated they have had 900 people working on Black Flag....that many people working on a single project.... Also they've been working on it for some time as well. The only problem I'd see is comunicating between all the people.

STDlyMcStudpants
10-16-2013, 09:41 PM

Revelations was a 3Ds game? Joke? lol

ArabianFrost
10-16-2013, 09:43 PM

What.The.Actual.Firetruck. it wasn't even DLC to begin with?.......................Sure as hell would have made AC2's ending less impactful if it were part of the game.

I'm so enraged right now, it's not even funny. I wish I could burn all the money in the world right now.

Assassin_M
10-16-2013, 09:43 PM
Revelations was a 3Ds game? Joke? lol

Nope
http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/Assassin%27s_Creed:_Lost_Legacy

Mr_Shade
10-16-2013, 09:46 PM
Well - not strictly true..

According to that, only parts of the story etc - it wasn't 'revelations' as we know, not the story.. just some bits.. apparently...

Not that I can confirm or deny any of that...

Assassin_M
10-16-2013, 09:48 PM
Well - not strictly true..

According to that, only parts of the story etc - it wasn't 'revelations' as we know, not the story.. just some bits.. apparently...

Not that I can confirm or deny any of that...
Would be nice if you can confirm or deny any of it, though:p

I mean, you have your sources, right? right? okay

Mr_Shade
10-16-2013, 09:58 PM

yeah I do...

but..

Ubisoft does not comment on rumour or speculation.

Assassin_M
10-16-2013, 10:22 PM
yeah I do...

but..

Fair enough...I'll stick by my deductions then...

As a note, most of what I say is speculation, BUT let me just explain it.

In regards to Assassins Creed Brotherhood. Ubisoft released 6 Dev diaries between October and November. In dev dairy #5 ,http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4PJw-tEgExk Corey May says the game starts in 1476 and ends in 1503, so that most likely means that at SOME point during development, some of ACB was going to be a part of AC II, then there was talk of a Rome DLC that was circling around in early December, it was part a thread on GS that linked to an article about this, but now the thread only gives me a 404 error and I know that this may have been speculation as well, since it wasn't officially announced by Ubisoft, BUT...no smoke without fire I say.

In regards to Assassins Creed Revelations. during the marketing campaign for ACB, Jean Francois-Boivin made a few interviews with some sites, talking about how AC needs a breather and that after ACB, they're giving the series a rest .http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/no-assassins-creed-in-2011 around that time, Lost legacy was announced, then a few weeks later, Yves was asked to comment about Boivin's remarks and he said "The decision is not theirs" http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/ubi-ceo-lets-assassin-s-dev-know-whos-boss then ACR was announced and Lost legacy cancelled.

STDlyMcStudpants
10-16-2013, 10:25 PM
yeah I do...

but..

ooo wrong
I asked Darby about everything Subject 16 was saying in AC 2 specifically about being in the forest, raping a slave and witnessing the assassination of Abraham Lincoln...wondering if because he said those things that if they would be part of a future AC game and he commented saying "Subject 16 said a lot of things."
:D

pacmanate
10-17-2013, 12:48 AM
Fair enough...I'll stick by my deductions then...

As a note, most of what I say is speculation, BUT let me just explain it.

In regards to Assassins Creed Brotherhood. Ubisoft released 6 Dev diaries between October and November. In dev dairy #5 ,http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4PJw-tEgExk Corey May says the game starts in 1476 and ends in 1503, so that most likely means that at SOME point during development, some of ACB was going to be a part of AC II, then there was talk of a Rome DLC that was circling around in early December, it was part a thread on GS that linked to an article about this, but now the thread only gives me a 404 error and I know that this may have been speculation as well, since it wasn't officially announced by Ubisoft, BUT...no smoke without fire I say.

In regards to Assassins Creed Revelations. during the marketing campaign for ACB, Jean Francois-Boivin made a few interviews with some sites, talking about how AC needs a breather and that after ACB, they're giving the series a rest .http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/no-assassins-creed-in-2011 around that time, Lost legacy was announced, then a few weeks later, Yves was asked to comment about Boivin's remarks and he said "The decision is not theirs" http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/ubi-ceo-lets-assassin-s-dev-know-whos-boss then ACR was announced and Lost legacy cancelled.

This is a well constructed post with good sources. I've known this for ages but never knew the reasons, thanks.

Cornik22
10-17-2013, 03:04 AM
I remember that Brotherhood was originally going to be called Assasins Creed Episodes, then they changed the name.

Due to questions at E3 2009, creative director Patrice Desilets revealed that Assassin's Creed II would end with a cliffhanger that would lead into Assassin's Creed III. He also mentioned that the series was always meant to be a trilogy, making Assassin's Creed III the final installment in the series

On January 13, 2010, Ubisoft revealed that a new game tentatively titled Assassin's Creed II Episodes would be released sometime between April 2010 and March 2011. While not an expansion pack to Assassin's Creed II, this game will again feature Ezio Auditore da Firenze, and will include a new online multiplayer mode.

The Assassin's Creed Episodes project will pick up where Assassin's Creed 2 left off.

TheDanteEX
10-17-2013, 04:26 AM
^ Doesn't that first quote kind of prove the whole Revelations modern plot was tacked on? Which was pretty obvious to begin with. I don't know if that includes Brotherhood's.

SixKeys
10-17-2013, 04:38 AM
^ Doesn't that first quote kind of prove the whole Revelations modern plot was tacked on? Which was pretty obvious to begin with. I don't know if that includes Brotherhood's.

Pretty much. I have a feeling the original intended storyline changed drastically after AC2. Desmond and Lucy were probably originally going to get together, she wasn't meant to be a Templar spy and Desmond was going to have a much bigger role doing assassin stuff in modern times. Then they had to justify ACB and, well.

TheDanteEX
10-17-2013, 04:54 AM
I feel they tried to do too many twists and cryptic messages. Maybe the modern plot would have worked out better if they just played it straight, cliched or not.

Lowly Assassin
10-17-2013, 05:40 AM
I believe it's complicated and we don't really know exactly how it's organized. They have different core teams who work on the script, main ideas and so on for each game. They have over two years/game. Then there is a spereate teams for MP which has 1 year to add new costumes, modes features etc (this was confirmed in a panel).

My guess is that they have some kind of team working on the various gameplay mechanics and that they do it for all the games. If so they would also have a year for adding features. I don't believe a completely new team has worked two years on AC4's combat as it is very similar to AC3's and that wouldn't make any sense. Further I guess they have some people who run longer projects for the gameplay pillars. For example they rebuilt the parkour for AC3 and added features like tree/cliff climbing etc. My guess is that a special group of innovators worked on that for way more than a year.

Sorry if this sounds confusing, I think it is pretty complicated. Key point is that when they say they develop each game for two years that is not entirely true. They have some people working on each game for over two years. I don't believe all aspects of the games are worked on for that long (100% sure about MP).

Edit: Jutst want to stress that most of my post is speculation.

You may not know but we the community as whole if we put all the tiny bits we did know, you would soon find that we knew exactly how UBisoft operates

Lowly Assassin
10-17-2013, 05:50 AM
I've liked all of the characters thus far.
as for how they could release Black Flag only a year after AC3... Ashraf has stated they have had 900 people working on Black Flag....that many people working on a single project.... Also they've been working on it for some time as well. The only problem I'd see is comunicating between all the people.

You seem to have interpreted what ishraf has said I'm a way he did not intend when he said those words
Yes it has been in development for the time he said and yes there has been the number of people working on it that he said, hut not for the length of time he has said
I shall explain
The music department would not spend 2 years making a score for this game
The researchers would not be researching the facts behind the game yesterday (they would have finished a little while ago) the play testers can't play on a game that isn't out of research yet
The DLC team don't start work until a lot later in the project
And each studio has its own projects/ expertise that often get called away to other projects
And also IRS not that 900 people work for 8 hours then go home and sleep
UBisoft has studios spanning different time zones, there is always someone working on AC4 for the past 12 months and due to time zones, there has always (non stop besides public holidays and possibly weekends) been somebody working on the game, that is the advantage of a global company, and its not all combat
Pa
Lay testing is important
As is textures
3d modeling
Foley sounds
Physics
And a f
Lot more that I have forgotten

Oh and language translations both text and voice, make up a lot of people but to most end users these people go unnoticed as how often does an English speaker change the language to Russian or Magyar or anyother language

HiddenKiller612
10-17-2013, 06:02 AM
I understand that not all of them have been working all at the same time or for the same length of time... 900 people is still a large number no matter how long they spent working on the game.

Lowly Assassin
10-17-2013, 06:08 AM
I understand that not all of them have been working all at the same time or for the same length of time... 900 people is still a large number no matter how long they spent working on the game.

Yes 900 people for a month though
Isn't a lot
That is just most half of UBisoft going at it for one month and then back down to the 200± people for the rest of the timetime

I'm not sure how many worked on ac3 but I know 500±worked on ACR
And ACB ± 250 long term staff

pirate1802
10-17-2013, 06:17 AM

Yeah I was surprised as well. I was hoping for a Brotherhood-style "spinoff".

And how the heck did they know naval combat will be received well too? they must have some bloody good crystal balls stashed somewhere, to predict stuff and then bet everything on it too.

Focus groups.. voodoo, who knows ;)

What are focus groups? I've heard a lot about this term but never knew what actually they are.

Lowly Assassin
10-17-2013, 06:27 AM
Yeah I was surprised as well. I was hoping for a Brotherhood-style "spinoff".

And how the heck did they know naval combat will be received well too? they must have some bloody good crystal balls stashed somewhere, to predict stuff and then bet everything on it too.

What are focus groups? I've heard a lot about this term but never knew what actually they are.
I think the key to focus groups and making a game other will love is this;
If you put your heart into something and make the best you can, and as long as you and your team love it, others will too
So if you take the ubi employees as the focus group, as long as the employees love it, they know that other people will too
Sure some people will not like it
Just like people didn't like brotherhood when it came out (oh where's Altair)
People didn't like revelations ( why is Ezio old, Ezio is boring give us someone new, where's Altair)
Ac3 ( who is this beep Connor where is Ezio <3 Ezio, make another Ezio game)
Ac4 comes out, oh Connor my love, pplease make a connor sequal, we don't want a pirate game)
My point is gamers in general don't like the idea of change, they don't want to be told, they like to be surprised but they don't like surprises that they can't see coming and avoid
Gamers are the worst people to do anything for, generally they think they have a right to have things there own way and this is games fault as they let you save and reload ubtill you win. And the player ALWAYS wins

Wow I went a bit off topic
So thats why they make the games, not necessarily because they will sell well, yes higher ups do like this reason but the people slaving away on the code do it for the love

Farlander1991
10-17-2013, 07:28 AM

I talked on a conference while in Canada with a Ubisoft person who worked on AC games up to ACR including.

Basically, Lost Legacy was a game that would be pretty much like AC2:Discovery (and we would play only as Ezio, there were no Altair sections), and then Ubi saw at E3 all the 3DS games that were announced and felt that what they were making wouldn't have been good enough. So a decision to make a console game instead was made. Which was ACR. Its development time was 10/11 months.

iI ElitePred Ii
10-17-2013, 08:26 AM

I agree with this. Another question is how they knew that the naval gameplay would be so popular in AC3, since AC4 was in development before it's release

Lowly Assassin
10-17-2013, 08:57 AM
for those of you who are questioning if we will se an edward sequel
you must ask yourself what is knwon of edward pre AC$BF
the following is inside the AC forsaken novel

we know when haytham is born, we know who edward marries
we know where he settles down and when and how he dies
if AC4BF takes place sole in 1715or 1715-1717 then we don't see the death of blackbeard, and nassau never falls, and blackbeard never joins hornigold,
this only leaves a spoilercoughspoiler or so between the overlap of forsaken and the end of ac4BF which is not alot of time for a sequel,
next bit contains possible plot spoilers
and we know from forsaken,
that the main plot point for abstergo research agents, researching edward, is to discover the location of something we are led to believe is still in the kenway families possession in AC forsaken,
so if we discover its location (as is generally the purpose of researching ancestors)
then there would be no point in a sequel, other then one that crosses the story already laid down in the ACforsaken book
and if abstergo cannot find the location of said artifact/ piece of information within the time span of one game, then you as an abstergo employee are not doing you r job and will be subsequently fired, and a game without a PoE or encounter with first civ would seem slightly strange (but not impossible)

GreatBeyonder
10-17-2013, 01:43 PM
I agree with this. Another question is how they knew that the naval gameplay would be so popular in AC3, since AC4 was in development before it's release

Ooh! I know the answer to this one!

Its because the AC teams are bigger than most film crews and honestly, if they didn't just sit down to play their own game or grab the other teams to try it out...

That is a massive focus group. No need to bring in outsiders. (Though they almost certainly did.)

Jexx21
10-17-2013, 01:45 PM
edward probably isn't getting a sequel

adventurewomen
10-17-2013, 02:04 PM
Edward might not get a sequel because if you have read Forsaken you'll know of Edward's fate.

pacmanate
10-17-2013, 02:25 PM
Spoiler. Edward is dead.

adventurewomen
10-17-2013, 02:31 PM
Spoiler. .
Way to go ruin the story for people who don't know..

Use the [spoiler] [/spolier] tags next time!

pacmanate
10-17-2013, 02:34 PM

I said is dead. So is Altair, Ezio, Connor, Edward, Nikoli. We live in 2013, of course they are dead. There was no spoiler there.

adventurewomen
10-17-2013, 02:41 PM
I said is dead. So is Altair, Ezio, Connor, Edward, Nikoli. We live in 2013, of course they are dead. There was no spoiler there.
Of course they are dead by now, however I was talking about the game we have yet to play and some fans don't read AC books they wouldn't know about what happened to Edward before playing AC4.

pacmanate
10-17-2013, 02:47 PM
Of course they are dead by now, however I was talking about the game we have yet to play and some fans don't read AC books they wouldn't know about what happened to Edward before playing AC4.

I know what you were talking about. But I was talking about something different. So by you saying I spoilt something when I wasnt actually talking about the game meant that you actually spoilt it.

SixKeys
10-17-2013, 03:06 PM
I know what you were talking about. But I was talking about something different. So by you saying I spoilt something when I wasnt actually talking about the game meant that you actually spoilt it.

LOL this. I haven't read "Forsaken" (though I have some idea what happens at the end), but just saying "Edward is dead" is not the spoiler. Saying "Hey, don't tell people Edward is dead, you just spoiled the game/book for them!" -THAT'S the spoiler. :p

Jexx21
10-17-2013, 03:10 PM
the chicken is in the pots

adventurewomen
10-17-2013, 03:11 PM

LOL this. I haven't read "Forsaken" (though I have some idea what happens at the end), but just saying "Edward is dead" is not the spoiler. Saying "Hey, don't tell people Edward is dead, you just spoiled the game/book for them!" -THAT'S the spoiler. :p

:rolleyes::rolleyes: LAWD..

That's all I'ma say.

Jexx21
10-17-2013, 03:14 PM
LAWD?

laughing always when drunk

but they're right, you spoiled the spoilery spoilers adventurewomen

you fail

SixKeys
10-17-2013, 03:16 PM
:rolleyes::rolleyes: LAWD..

That's all I'ma say.

Well, it's true. If I tell you now "Hitler is dead" and in the future we get an AC game where we have to kill Hitler, is it a spoiler to say that a person who died many years ago will be dead in the future?

I-Like-Pie45
10-17-2013, 03:17 PM
Hitler never died

he escaped to Argentina

Jexx21
10-17-2013, 03:19 PM
i escaped to Argentina as well from my opressors

adventurewomen
10-17-2013, 03:38 PM
but they're right, you spoiled the spoilery spoilers adventurewomen

you fail
I guess so! :-|

Well, it's true. If I tell you now "Hitler is dead" and in the future we get an AC game where we have to kill Hitler, is it a spoiler to say that a person who died many years ago will be dead in the future?
I never said Edward is dead.. all I said was Edwards fate in Forsaken and fate is destiny in general relating to life events.

It doesn't matter anyway lets just leave this.

I-Like-Pie45
10-17-2013, 03:46 PM
here's a fun fact

After leaving Salt Lake City, Joel is kidnapped by Tess who has tracked him down. She begins torturing him only for Ellie to sneak in and kill her to save Joel, and the two drive back to Jackson

Franklin, Trevor, and Michael are surrounded by a police mob. They open fire, taking out as many cops as they can. But before they get gunned down in a wave of lead, someone fires a missile from a tank and destroys all the cops. The trio look around to see Tommy Vercetti driving the tank, CJ in the jetpack, the Liberty City trio on motorbikes, Claude saying nothing, and Zombie Marston on a horse.

Zombie Marston tells them that there's no time to explain.

And the screen flashes. To be concluded.

Credits Roll.

In case you were about to begin bashing yourself against the wall to erase these spoilers, cheer up

these are all made up

Lowly Assassin
10-17-2013, 06:23 PM
Spoiler. Edward is dead.

However true it is that Edward is dead
Those who have played ac3 know that
Edward is not in it
Meaning that Edward must be REDACTED
Yet the game ac4bf is set in 1715 and ac3 is set in 1752 or something
Meaning there is a time span from 1715 to 1752 where Edward must be REDACTED
but you know pacman don't say how Edward REDACTED now that would be a spoiler

pacmanate
10-17-2013, 06:24 PM
However true it is that Edward is dead
Those who have played ac3 know that
Edward is not in it
Meaning that Edward must be REDACTED
Yet the game ac4bf is set in 1715 and ac3 is set in 1752 or something
Meaning there is a time span from 1715 to 1752 where Edward must be REDACTED
but you know pacman don't say how Edward REDACTED now that would be a spoiler

Way to go and **** with my brain.

Cornik22
10-17-2013, 06:25 PM
I can answer to that question. Originally Rome was supposed to be the third and biggest city in AC II, so they would have 3 main cities likes in AC I. At some point during development they realized that it was too big and complex to put it in the game, so they changed their minds and took it out (although the last sequence is set in Rome). Later they started thinking that, since it was so big and complex, they could make a whole game set in Rome, so instead of scrapping the idea they started making a spin off expanding Ezio's story in Rome. Then AC III was supposed to come, but, as we know, that was not the case. About people loving Ezio, he is a charismatic character and people usually like this kind of people.

Meaning that Edward must be REDACTED Yet the game ac4bf is set in 1715 and ac3 is set in 1752 or something Meaning there is a time span from 1715 to 1752 where Edward must be REDACTED
Edward is mentioned in the DLC, which is an expansion and direct continuation of AC III and so, part of AC III. Black Flag is set between 1715 and 1725, while AC III starts in 1753 and ends in 1783 ;)

Lowly Assassin
10-17-2013, 09:56 PM
Edward is mentioned in the DLC, which is an expansion and direct continuation of AC III and so, part of AC III. Black Flag is set between 1715 and 1725, while AC III starts in 1753 and ends in 1783 ;)

although edward is mentioned in the DLC (i dont remember this happening)
the location of AC3 is mentioned in AC2B: TDVD

thanks for the dates, so there is no overlap and now we know how the game ends :( (ofcourse we dont really so dont shoot me just yet)

and there are reasons stuff like edward being mentioned in the DLC yet not the main game
one is that the DLC was not finished untill 3 weeks before we got the last instalment, so there was still time to tweak what future hints where to be put in the game based on how well AC3 was received
or something along those lines, and the work on the DLC didnt start until about 1 week either side of the launch of AC3 ( yes the lead story writers knew what they wanted to put in the DLC and how they want to make things but thats not what i meant by work on it, i mean full production, lets make some gameplay mode)

Cornik22
10-18-2013, 02:58 AM
It was in part III. Anyway, originally the plan for AC III was this: "it will focus on Assassins' quest to prevent the end of the world in 2012, and their race against time to find temples and Apples of Eden built by "Those Who Came Before". Desmond will be searching for clues as to the locations of these temples, by exploring memories of one (or more) of his other ancestors". Holy molly, they went in a completely different direction! No wonder why Desilets was so pissed off.

SixKeys
10-18-2013, 03:00 AM
It was in part III. Anyway, originally the plan for AC III was this: "it will focus on Assassins' quest to prevent the end of the world in 2012, and their race against time to find temples and Apples of Eden built by "Those Who Came Before". Desmond will be searching for clues as to the locations of these temples, by exploring memories of one (or more) of his other ancestors". Holy molly, they went in a completely different direction! No wonder why Desilets was so pissed off.

*sob* Just imagine what could have been. Several Temples instead of one, Desmond being badass, multiple ancestors...

Assassin_M
10-18-2013, 03:46 PM
Just tell them we've been developing before the other game came out! Obviously they'll believe us!

Nah, different teams. Though, if every team focused on one game, that game would be better. IMO anyway, it really depends on the teams.

Not really about the amount of people working on the game. more teams working on one game doesn't mean anything and there's absolutely no guarantee that that'll make a better game.

pacmanate
10-18-2013, 03:56 PM
Not really about the amount of people working on the game. more teams working on one game doesn't mean anything and there's absolutely no guarantee that that'll make a better game.

In my honest opinion that comes deep from the bottom of my <3, I think simultaneous development compromises story. Not as singular games, but the overall arc. Heck it already happened before.

Assassin_M
10-18-2013, 03:59 PM
In my honest opinion that comes deep from the bottom of my <3, I think simultaneous development compromises story. Not as singular games, but the overall arc. Heck it already happened before.
Oh I agree that simultaneous development hurts some departments. It's just the idea of more people working on one game = better game that I think is wrong

Jexx21
10-18-2013, 03:59 PM
overall arc is not yet compromised in Assassin's Creed, because if you take Clay's prophecy from ACB and line it up with what happened so far it matches up perfectly. Desmond doesn't have to be alive for his son to be a plot device.

pacmanate
10-18-2013, 04:03 PM
Oh I agree that simultaneous development hurts some departments. It's just the idea of more people working on one game = better game that I think is wrong

For sure, you could have 10 monkeys working on a game, but it wouldnt make it better.

not saying the devs are monkeys.

Cornik22
10-18-2013, 05:01 PM
Do you guys realize that a) The team is still working on the DLC b) They've been working on Assasin's Creed V for around 1 year and a half (Jade Raymond is the new game director, btw) and c) They 're in preproduction of Assassins Creed VI right now. It's crazy!

Assassin_M
10-18-2013, 06:13 PM
Do you guys realize that a) The team is still working on the DLC b) They've been working on Assasin's Creed V for around 1 year and a half (Jade Raymond is the new game director, btw) and c) They 're in preproduction of Assassins Creed VI right now. It's crazy!
Those who have been following the recent trend in development by Ubisoft and their news would know this, yes xD