PDA

View Full Version : PlayStation Access exploring the city hubs of Havana and Nassau video

ctuagent15
10-16-2013, 03:49 PM
I've looked on the last three pages and can't find that this vid has been posted so I thought I'ld post it, it was uploaded yesterday so I was surprised not to find it. If it has been and I just missed it just post the link to it.
Cheers enjoy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jHDfm2AYZS4&feature=c4-overview&list=UU6yzV_xgKn8r77FkcmZyMSg

pacmanate
10-16-2013, 03:55 PM
THANK U!
WOO0o

ArabianFrost
10-16-2013, 04:25 PM
First of all, the presenters are quite enjoyable and not too loud. Some cool people.

Second of all, who plays the game is a WORLD of difference. Seriously, the German guy just absolutely massacred the game for me. These two, however, have managed to resurruct my excitement for AC4. Unlike the German guy, they didn't go around mindlessly trying to break the game and muck around, which made the assassination contracts look more deep. They also did a far better job of presenting Nassau and even Havana, what with all the sync points.

Great vid. Thanks OP.

xryanx28
10-16-2013, 04:43 PM
if i watched this id probly hate myself -_- 13 days to gooooo

SixKeys
10-16-2013, 04:57 PM
First of all, the presenters are quite enjoyable and not too loud. Some cool people.

Second of all, who plays the game is a WORLD of difference. Seriously, the German guy just absolutely massacred the game for me. These two, however, have managed to resurruct my excitement for AC4. Unlike the German guy, they didn't go around mindlessly trying to break the game and muck around, which made the assassination contracts look more deep. They also did a far better job of presenting Nassau and even Havana, what with all the sync points.

Great vid. Thanks OP.

Your hype about this game keeps changing like a weather vane. :p

Megas_Doux
10-16-2013, 05:11 PM
FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR better gameplay than the atrocious one we all saw before! But the "hood" thing... Not so into that, it looks incomplete to me..

Mr_Shade
10-16-2013, 05:16 PM
Your hype about this game keeps changing like a weather vane. :pyeah..

Personal experience based on others playing = never a good thing ;)

SixKeys
10-16-2013, 05:17 PM
Holy ****, I just realized Havana has civilians that wear hoods! YES!! Finally we aren't the only person in the whole city that wears a hood anymore!

ArabianFrost
10-16-2013, 05:30 PM
Your hype about this game keeps changing like a weather vane. :p

yeah..

Personal experience based on others playing = never a good thing ;)

As Shade said, with the sheer-amount of Hands-on previews, the good previews as much as the bad previews affect me and therefore fluctuate. That, in addition to the expectations that were somewhat higher than I should have, especially in regards to combat and side-activities and some do still stand, but oh well, my hopes is that the positives outweigh the negatives(or rather the mediocres).

Megas_Doux
10-16-2013, 05:31 PM
Does anybody know how the "mechanic" of the hood will work????

I mean, I have seen videos in which is "on" during free roam in non restricted areas, but off under the very same circumstances.....

Mr_Shade
10-16-2013, 05:34 PM
Does anybody know how the "mechanic" of the hood will work????

I mean, I have seen videos in which in "on" during free roam in non restricted areas, but off under the very same circumstances.....
but is it 'the same circumstances' ?

Without seeing the gameplay from start to finish, without cuts - you could miss the start of a mission etc - which maybe triggers the hood.. or from different times in the game..

I am sure it will all be clear, when you play ;)

Mr_Shade
10-16-2013, 05:35 PM
Holy ****, I just realized Havana has civilians that wear hoods! YES!! Finally we aren't the only person in the whole city that wears a hood anymore!
Havana is a pretty busy place too..

Megas_Doux
10-16-2013, 05:35 PM
but is it 'the same circumstances' ?

Without seeing the gameplay from start to finish, without cuts - you could miss the start of a mission etc - which maybe triggers the hood..

I am sure it will all be clear, when you play ;)

I see, you are right!

It is that I really prefer when the hood is "on". I would love to free roam that way all the time.

pacmanate
10-16-2013, 05:41 PM
I noticed that killing people behind a set of guards doesnt make them notice anymore :D

Mr_Shade
10-16-2013, 05:53 PM
I noticed that killing people behind a set of guards doesnt make them notice anymore :D
Shoot them and they might ;)

Stealth Gamer92
10-16-2013, 06:23 PM
Am I not seeing something or does Edward only have one sword? I have to know if we can choose to only carry one sword of if we are stuck with two at some point. :)

LoyalACFan
10-17-2013, 01:22 AM
Am I not seeing something or does Edward only have one sword? I have to know if we can choose to only carry one sword of if we are stuck with two at some point. :)

I think you have to carry two, but you can fight with one if you disarm a guard and use his like in the stealth walkthrough :)

Stealth Gamer92
10-17-2013, 01:26 AM
I think you have to carry two, but you can fight with one if you disarm a guard and use his like in the stealth walkthrough :)

Thank you :) and...

NNNOOOOOOOOO!!! :(

Megas_Doux
10-17-2013, 01:30 AM
After the "13 minutes of caribbean gameplay" and "Steatlh gameplay" I was really excited about this game, but I have lost some it recently....

SixKeys
10-17-2013, 01:36 AM
After the "13 minutes of caribbean gameplay" and "Steatlh gameplay" I was really excited about this game, but I have lost some it recently....

That's funny, the recent videos have actually increased my hype for the game. Granted, I've consciously avoided watching all of them because I don't want everything spoiled. But I have a better feeling about the cities now than I did before. Havana really gave me AC2 flashbacks and I can't wait to explore Nassau.

Megas_Doux
10-17-2013, 01:40 AM
That's funny, the recent videos have actually increased my hype for the game. Granted, I've consciously avoided watching all of them because I don't want everything spoiled. But I have a better feeling about the cities now than I did before. Havana really gave me AC2 flashbacks and I can't wait to explore Nassau.

I know it might be ridiculous, but I dont like "hood thing". I wish there was a way to keep it "on" all the time, or at least the majority of it......

Rugterwyper32
10-17-2013, 01:43 AM

I blame that German gameplay. A bad player can damage the image of a game for sure.
But I'm personally just as hyped as I was from the get go. Hyped enough to be like "Oh yeah this is gonna be good!" but not too hyped to miss the problems that are there. I stay optimistic, and there's many, many things I like, but there will always be issues too.

And that's why I play Sonic 06 at least once every three months to remind myself that nothing will ever be as bad and every other game I have in my backlog I've thought about a lot to make sure I won't be disappointed when getting it and I'll have fun with it.

SixKeys
10-17-2013, 01:44 AM
I know it might be ridiculous, but I dont like "hood thing". I wish there was a way to keep it "on" all the time, or at least the majority of it......

Really? You're letting the hood ruin everything else about the game? Edward is not an assassin for most of the game, he doesn't fully embrace their ideology. It makes sense that he doesn't want to pass as one of them 100% of the time.

Maybe there'll be a cheat we can unlock that lets you keep the hood on all the time, to appease those who find it important.

Megas_Doux
10-17-2013, 01:53 AM
Really? You're letting the hood ruin everything else about the game? Edward is not an assassin for most of the game, he doesn't fully embrace their ideology. It makes sense that he doesn't want to pass as one of them 100% of the time.

Maybe there'll be a cheat we can unlock that lets you keep the hood on all the time, to appease those who find it important.

I told you it was a very "minor" thing haha. Do not know why is bothering me that much though =/

Because, with its flaws, it has background music, La habana looks gorgeous, there seems to be more things to do, the naval combat is improved, the Mayan side of it might bring some of the mystery back, etc etc.

AC2_alex
10-17-2013, 02:00 AM
Finally! I've been waiting for a demo like this since e3!!

LoyalACFan
10-17-2013, 03:53 AM

That would be the best way to handle it IMO. In the story, the hood should be functional and dynamic based on the situation, but when you're finished and just screwing around, I can understand the desire to have it always up or always down. Especially since there probably won't be any real restricted areas after the story's finished, so Edward most likely won't have a reason to put it up dynamically.

Sn1p3r-28
10-17-2013, 01:17 PM
I watched this and also thought it was very well done, certainly one of the best previews we've seen.

Aphex_Tim
10-17-2013, 01:29 PM

I am very happy with this!
I get so frustrated sometimes in AC3 where you can't kill a single guard without the entire city instantly knowing about it.

Sn1p3r-28
10-17-2013, 02:26 PM
They've just posted another gameplay video, Naval this time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8oayZuZETS8

jayjay275
10-17-2013, 04:36 PM
Wow, those water effects look amazing.

pacmanate
10-17-2013, 04:43 PM
:mad: stop showing naval.

johnrimmer1998
10-17-2013, 05:20 PM
I'm liking the look of the cities as well as the Assassin Bureaus that are similar to AC1.
But why do you get twice as many crew members than the number you save.

Sturnz0r
10-17-2013, 05:22 PM
I am very happy with this!
I get so frustrated sometimes in AC3 where you can't kill a single guard without the entire city instantly knowing about it.

The british are much smarter than the spanish; i thought it was good of ubisoft to implement that obvious comparison

Sn1p3r-28
10-17-2013, 05:22 PM
I'm liking the look of the cities as well as the Assassin Bureaus that are similar to AC1.

That seemed strange to me also. Word of mouth maybe? :p

pacmanate
10-17-2013, 05:27 PM

That was part of the mission, the one where you had to get 15? I think the number that popped up was the total crew members recruited, not the number you just recruited.

Cornik22
10-17-2013, 06:53 PM
The british are much smarter than the spanish; i thought it was good of ubisoft to implement that obvious comparison
A pity that's not the case in real life, otherwise they would return Gibraltar too their rightful owners ;)

pirate1802
10-17-2013, 08:43 PM
Do the pirates actually get executed if you don't save them in time? Doesn't seem so. Also, showing the mission icons on the screen from a viewpoint is a GREAT addition. And what's up with the civilians blocking the guards in the assassin bureau fight? Vigilantes?

Sn1p3r-28
10-18-2013, 12:32 PM
Edward killing things montage...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WfpAstkT4vw