PDA

View Full Version : Loading screen between boat to city?

Bahamut_God
10-16-2013, 02:23 AM
If you see the 50 minute commentary gameplay (German and spoilers) you see that as he approaches Nassau it asks if you want to go to Nassau, he says yes and there is a loading screen, but there was also a mission that started as he got there, was the loading screen appearance only because of a mission or will there be loading screens from city to boat/ocean?

Assassin_M
10-16-2013, 02:24 AM
If you see the 50 minute commentary gameplay (German and spoilers) you see that as he approaches Nassau it asks if you want to go to Nassau, he says yes and there is a loading screen, but there was also a mission that started as he got there, was the loading screen appearance only because of a mission or will there be loading screens from city to boat/ocean?

Confirmed a looooooooooooong time ago that loading is only between the big hub (Caribbean sea) and cities.

Bahamut_God
10-16-2013, 02:30 AM
Lol, okay thanks I always thought that there was no loading screen between the cities and ocean (lol :p) oh well, would have been really cool.

GreySkellig
10-16-2013, 02:51 AM
Indeed it would. In a recent interview (I think it was part two of IGN's making AC4 series) Ash basically said it was killing him, but they just couldn't have done it on the architecture of previous gen consoles, and it was too much work to do just for next-gen,

Still, we can sail up to all sorts of towns, plantations and villages without loading...

Wolfmeister1010
10-16-2013, 03:21 AM
Indeed it would. In a recent interview (I think it was part two of IGN's making AC4 series) Ash basically said it was killing him, but they just couldn't have done it on the architecture of previous gen consoles, and it was too much work to do just for next-gen,

Still, we can sail up to all sorts of towns, plantations and villages without loading...

He also said that after seeing how it worked, he was okay with it.

You can sail up to the city in the open world and see all of its structures. But when you get close enough to it, then there is a loading screen.

prince162010
10-16-2013, 03:33 AM

oh ! ! new 50 minute footage , someone PM me the link

Locopells
10-16-2013, 10:42 AM
There's a thread somewhere for it - was only yesterday, can't have gone far. Don't watch the cutscenes, and there's no potential spoilers of any kind,

derage88
10-16-2013, 11:02 AM
Sucks if they didn't change it for nextgen, kind of a waste and ruins a bit of the open-world experience, for all I care they could've dropped the entire current gen support anyway :rolleyes:

pacmanate
10-16-2013, 11:24 AM
Bloody current gen bringing us down again

Stealth Gamer92
10-16-2013, 03:23 PM
Yea, how dare a poor man who can't afford next gen want to buy this game. :p
I really think, and hope, you two were jokeing. :)

STDlyMcStudpants
10-16-2013, 04:15 PM
Yes there is a loading screen, but in a way that it made sense...
They could have absolutely done it without..but that would mean a push back lol..
But we will start saying goodbye to loading screens next gen :)

Mr_Shade
10-16-2013, 04:19 PM
It's a very small inconvenience, and I'm sure you guys can live with it?

We will [as we always do] - collect feedback on release, so lets at least wait and see - then you have more right to complain - should you need to :) [looks at Pacmanate]

I know I won't be visiting the cities too much.. too much fun to be had on the open sea :)

pacmanate
10-16-2013, 04:21 PM
It loads pretty quick tbf

Mr_Shade
10-16-2013, 04:26 PM
It loads pretty quick tbfyeah :)

And, it's not like you will be constantly doing it? - if you are going to a city, it's for a mission.. then there's exploring - collecting - side missions..

Having said that - watch someone flick back and forth - city > ship > city > ship> city and then post a youtube video complaining.. LOL

AssassinHMS
10-16-2013, 04:51 PM
yeah :)

And, it's not like you will be constantly doing it? - if you are going to a city, it's for a mission.. then there's exploring - collecting - side missions..

Having said that - watch someone flick back and forth - city > ship > city > ship> city and then post a youtube video complaining.. LOL

That reminds me...those seamless random events Ashraf was talking about where we would listen to a random NPC who would talk about a treasure he found on some island and then procede to leave the city using his own ship allowing the player to tail him with the Jackdaw and to eventually grab the gold once he got to the treasure's location...How can those random events exist if there are loading screens?

SixKeys
10-16-2013, 04:53 PM
That reminds me...those seamless random events Ashraf was talking about where we would listen to a random NPC who would talk about a treasure he found on some island and then procede to leave the city using his own ship allowing the player to tail him with the Jackdaw and to eventually grab the gold once he got to the treasure's location...How can those random events exist if there are loading screens?

Those missions will probably take place in fishing villages, plantations and such.

Mr_Shade
10-16-2013, 04:57 PM
How can those random events exist if there are loading screens?
??

Even if it does happen in say Nassau - then I'm sure the game can track them - if needed?

Over hear something - goto ship [load] - travel to location - dig up chest.

Does not need to always be a 'mission' as such? - just a reward at the end [which could also flag it as a mission complete] for knowing where to look?

Going to a certain place to dig in a hidden location - doesn't really need anything special by the game - part from when you find the treasure?

AssassinHMS
10-16-2013, 04:58 PM
Those missions will probably take place in fishing villages, plantations and such.

That makes sense.
By the way are there any AC related random events or do all of them have to do with being a pirate?

SixKeys
10-16-2013, 04:59 PM
??

Even if it does happen in say Nassau - then I'm sure the game can track them - if needed?

Over hear something - goto ship [load] - travel to location - dig up chest.

Does not need to be a 'mission' as such? - just a reward at the end [which could also flag it as a mission complete] for knowing where to look?

Going to a certain place to dig in a hidden location - doesn't really need anything special by the game - part from when you find the treasure?

He means the seamlessness like we saw in one of Ashraf's walkthrough demos (the "Twin Dilemma" mission) where you could seamlessly board your boat, chase down your target and take him out with a naval battle. If there's a loading screen between entering your boat and leaving the city, that's not seamless.

Mr_Shade
10-16-2013, 05:00 PM
He means the seamlessness like we saw in one of Ashraf's walkthrough demos (the "Twin Dilemma" mission) where you could seamlessly board your boat, chase down your target and take him out with a naval battle. If there's a loading screen between entering your boat and leaving the city, that's not seamless.
Did that take place in Nassau though..?

If it's a random village / town / settlement - there are no loading screens?

SixKeys
10-16-2013, 05:01 PM

I know, that's why I said those types of seamless missions will probably take place in smaller villages. Was just pointing out where the confusion may have arisen.

ladyleonhart
10-16-2013, 05:09 PM
:confused:

AssassinHMS
10-16-2013, 05:09 PM

I know, that's why I said those types of seamless missions will probably take place in smaller villages. Was just pointing out where the confusion may have arisen.

Yup. I am now enlighted about that.

But one question remains................will they be in the final game?

SixKeys
10-16-2013, 05:11 PM
Yup. I am now enlighted about that.

But one question remains................will they be in the final game?

The cake is a lie.

Mr_Shade
10-16-2013, 05:18 PM
They may happen everywhere, just with a small loading screen in the cities..

That makes sense.
By the way are there any AC related random events or do all of them have to do with being a pirate?
Time will tell ;)

pacmanate
10-16-2013, 05:20 PM
They may happen everywhere, just with a small loading screen in the cities..

Nope :p

:o!!!!

Also you can't not be impressed with the scope of the game. If you treat the seas as a city so to speak, of course it will have load screens between the other cities. I would never think this was even possible. Hopefully when Current gen phases out in 2 years we get some cray scale.

ladyleonhart
10-16-2013, 05:23 PM
Probably a silly question, but... does it really matter if we have loading screens...?

Mr_Shade
10-16-2013, 05:24 PM
Probably a silly question, but... does it really matter if we have loading screens...?seems too to some people ;)

pacmanate
10-16-2013, 05:40 PM
Probably a silly question, but... does it really matter if we have loading screens...?

It doesn't to me. Its basically a city, we have never gone from one city to another without loading screens so... *Shrugs*

AssassinHMS
10-16-2013, 05:42 PM
seems too to some people ;)

The purpose of those random events was to show off the seamless transition between land and water. I thought the example Ashraf gave was a main city/sea/plantation transition, however the devs could've planned those random events before they were forced to include loading screens. So I didn't know if, with the addiition of said loading screens between main cities and sea, those random events would still be in the game since they would loose their intial purpose and would likely need to suffer some changes in order to deal with the loading screens.

Mr_Shade
10-16-2013, 05:46 PM
The purpose of those random events was to show off the seamless transition between land and water. I thought the example Ashraf gave was a main city/sea/plantation transition, however the devs could've planned those random events before they were forced to include loading screens. So I didn't know if, with the addiition of said loading screens between main cities and sea, those random events would still be in the game since they would loose their intial purpose and would likely need to suffer some changes in order to deal with the loading screens.
depends on the context of those random events..

in cities - they maybe different to ones else where..

eg, you hear about buried treasure on [insert island] - you can go find it whenever...

on islands /villages

You hear people plotting to raid somewhere - or they have gold on their ship - so you can race and follow them etc and stop them or something..

OR maybe they are only in the non loading areas..

Guess we will find out soon enough :)

Personally - the game is still worth looking forward to even with so many 'unknowns' - just don't read too much into previews hearsay until you have a hands on - either way ;)