PDA

View Full Version : Is there couching between stalking zones or not?

Wolfmeister1010
10-15-2013, 11:56 PM
In some of the older vids, it seemed that Edward was able to crouch walk between stalking zones. It was even confirmed by the dev team, and ash. But now, recently, I have seen vids in which Eddie just stands straight up after getting out. I have no idea if this is just because its an older build, but I really just want to know once and for all. If one of the mods would like to contribute or confirm this. That would be great Is there crouching between bushes or not in the final game??!

adventurewomen
10-16-2013, 12:04 AM
From the Demos I played - Edward can stalk in zones and crouch and hide in shrubs & bushes. :)

pacmanate
10-16-2013, 12:07 AM
From the Demos I played - Edward can stalk in zones and crouch and hide in shrubs & bushes. :)

That's not what Wolf asked, s/he asked if the crouching between the stalking zones were in, not can you crouch in stalking zones, which makes no sense anyway.

Stealth Gamer92
10-16-2013, 12:13 AM
While there is a thread on the subject. Can we crouch at will? Or is it done only when in a specific zone like bushes or any other stealth zones like that?

Jexx21
10-16-2013, 12:16 AM
they should just implement context-sensitive crouching like how they have context-sensitive wall hiding.

adventurewomen
10-16-2013, 12:21 AM
That's not what Wolf asked, s/he asked if the crouching between the stalking zones were in, not can you crouch in stalking zones, which makes no sense anyway.
I can only speak on my experience from the Demos, nothing else. :)

Wolfmeister1010
10-16-2013, 03:17 AM
I can only speak on my experience from the Demos, nothing else. :)

In your experience..could you remain crouched after coming out of a stalking zone? If so, what button do you press, or is it automatic?

Aphex_Tim
10-16-2013, 12:36 PM
I vaguely remember hearing (maybe from mr. Ismail) that there won't be a crouch button but that if you keep moving slowly after exiting a stalking zone, Eddie will remain crouched for a couple of seconds.

GreySkellig
10-16-2013, 03:34 PM
I vaguely remember hearing (maybe from mr. Ismail) that there won't be a crouch button but that if you keep moving slowly after exiting a stalking zone, Eddie will remain crouched for a couple of seconds.

This, I believe.

Mr_Shade
10-16-2013, 04:31 PM
In your experience..could you remain crouched after coming out of a stalking zone? If so, what button do you press, or is it automatic?
In the demo's at EGX - if you left the zone slowly.. as in very slowly, you stayed down for a short time - looked like it was a extra few feet around the zones?

If you 'ran' out or walked quickly - you stood up almost instalntly - maybe due to breaching that extra 'zone' or could have been due to the game knowing if you are trying to run, you don't need to crouch?

Which matches what others have said.

There is no control to make you crouch, as with the other titles, it's based on the stalking zones [which include thick undergrowth and bushes etc]