PDA

View Full Version : Watching people Counter then Throw

pacmanate
10-14-2013, 11:02 PM
Is it just me or does anyone else get really irritated when they see a crap person playing a preview, then they upload it to youtube and you see counter throws too?!

I guess its not enough that they get invited to these things and get hit loads of times and do stupid stuff like jumping randomly of crap.

Watching counter throws is honestly one of the most annoying things to watch. It just shows they can't counter/have bad timing, so the press the CRAP out of the counter button, thus initiating a counter throw.

Does this bother anyone else?

ze_topazio
10-14-2013, 11:54 PM
Those guys are usually playing the game for the first time, you have to excuse them for their poor performances.

Wolfmeister1010
10-15-2013, 12:07 AM
I thought i was the only one. Whether its that annoying eurogamer girl or that drunk sounding german guy, they all make me want to murder a family of small animals.

GreySkellig
10-15-2013, 12:11 AM
Those guys are usually playing the game for the first time, you have to excuse them for their poor performances.

I used to be inclined to offer that excuse, but AC has been one of the most prominent game franchises for the last six years, and the controls really haven't changed that radically. If you are a gaming reviewer/reporter, how can you not be at least passingly familiar with the control scheme? Presumably you've handled--if only for work--up to five main titles in the series previously. Or heck, even if you aren't familiar, maybe try just taking on one or two guards in an isolated area to get the feel for it instead of looking like you're playing a video game for the first time? It's not like the most recent tester I've been aggravated by, the German player whose 50 minute gameplay is up, exactly filled his time with more important things--he spent a good few minutes shooting all of his sleep darts at civilians.

Wolfmeister1010
10-15-2013, 03:07 AM
I used to be inclined to offer that excuse, but AC has been one of the most prominent game franchises for the last six years, and the controls really haven't changed that radically. If you are a gaming reviewer/reporter, how can you not be at least passingly familiar with the control scheme? Presumably you've handled--if only for work--up to five main titles in the series previously. Or heck, even if you aren't familiar, maybe try just taking on one or two guards in an isolated area to get the feel for it instead of looking like you're playing a video game for the first time? It's not like the most recent tester I've been aggravated by, the German player whose 50 minute gameplay is up, exactly filled his time with more important things--he spent a good few minutes shooting all of his sleep darts at civilians.

Agreed. If you are given an hour of play time, you should first make it a priority to learn what the hell you are doing, instead of screwing around like he did.

LoyalACFan
10-15-2013, 03:44 AM
Yeah, it's annoying. Like others above me said, you should probably familiarize yourself with the general controls before playing if you're a professional gaming journalist. Now, just regular people who get to play at exhibitions or something don't bother me if they suck, as they have an excuse; they're only there for fun, and might be new to AC. But seriously, if you're getting paid to cover it, at least try and learn how to play. AC is far from a difficult game.

LieutenantRex
10-15-2013, 03:55 AM
What annoyed me about the German guy was his refusal to board schooners and gunboats. I want to see how it's like to be on those small type of ships, how many you have to kill before the crew surrenders. He tried to finally board when prompted to later on, but I don't think it was his fault in that incident.

Countering and throwing agitates me, but I try my best to think about that ominous date. 11-1-13.

pacmanate
10-15-2013, 08:36 AM
What annoyed me about the German guy was his refusal to board schooners and gunboats. I want to see how it's like to be on those small type of ships, how many you have to kill before the crew surrenders. He tried to finally board when prompted to later on, but I don't think it was his fault in that incident.

Countering and throwing agitates me, but I try my best to think about that ominous date. 11-1-13.

That german guy was so bad. During that viewpoint thing he was so stupid! The icon for viewpoint was infront of Edward the whole time yet he didn't know why it didn't initiate. He had no idea what he was doing, if he did, he would know that little birds/hay indicate where the viewpoint is. Not to mention he jumped off it :|

Aphex_Tim
10-15-2013, 08:40 AM
I must admit, I did this as well when I played AC3 for the first time on a gaming event, a couple of weeks before its release. :p
I just wasn't used to the new fighting controls. But now that AC3 has been out for almost a year, THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE!

Legendz54
10-15-2013, 08:44 AM
I am always grateful when i get gameplay before release but when idiots play them i cant stand it.

pacmanate
10-15-2013, 08:52 AM
I must admit, I did this as well when I played AC3 for the first time on a gaming event, a couple of weeks before its release. :p
I just wasn't used to the new fighting controls. But now that AC3 has been out for almost a year, THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE!

But that's okay, that was yours and everyone elses first time with the new combat mechanics. Like you said, its been a year and its the same. I doubt that guy played AC3.

EllJim
10-15-2013, 10:28 AM
I put it down to distractions, and unfamiliarity with the game. The former is acceptable in a live event, the latter not so much (I am not going to rant about it) but it does grate that they don't have franchise familiar players do the reviews. I do end up mentally yelling at the screen.. "there's a fragment RIGHT THERE PICK IT UP!!"

Having said that it might create an image of favouritism, rather than objectivity if those who play a lot of the series do the previews etc.

Oh having said that I've no issues with counter throws, I do them a lot I found the animations funny, so spent ages having red coats being thrown around into each other. I treated it like bowling seeing how many I could knock over in one go.

Mr_Shade
10-15-2013, 10:33 AM
Guys,

let's not get personal - some of you are coming across as kinda sore jealous types..

the people playing, are playing how they want to play - or - trying things they have been asked to, by their subscribers..

I'm sure if they knew you wanted them to stare are a leaf and see if the weather affected it, they would..

Coulda shoulda woulda - they got the chance to play so they are playing..

End of the day, if these videos annoy you, don't watch.

Also keep the comments civil about other people,.