PDA

View Full Version : Few suggestions concerning the startup of the MP part of the game...

SunTszu
10-14-2013, 09:37 AM
Few suggestions I have to make connecting less frustrating, to be implemented in future patch and future new releases:
Before starting the whole MP game itself, with all those small intros and stuff, run a small connection test program.

Testing our connection. Showing us the amount of NAT we have, the amount of sessions playing, the numbers of players connected,...
Then, when the connection doesn't work properly, give us a change to not only abort startup process, but also show small report of what the test program found out (including status of login server - online/offline), and add there a direct link to a site with guide specially for network related issues where we can go to.

(The above test program to run first, is so important because it would prevent to go to the whole startup procedure again and again, to having to find out, if you can play or not...)

And even probably download small programs that allow us to fix some things.
(Why can't nobody invent an automated "fix port on your router" program?)
Create a link to a special section network related in the forums)
Now all these things, that is what I would call "consumer friendly".

Anykeyer
10-14-2013, 11:17 AM
Actually there is an automated port fordwarding technology, its called UPnP (universal plug and play). AC MP supports it since Revelations. There are some drawbacks:
1. windows firewall and some others block it by default (there are online guides how to fix this)
2. not all routers properly support it

I support your other suggestions. Making things clearer for user would make user happier, support less busy and the best of all - provide more noobs online for us to pwn.
Also I dont get it why AC3 MP insist on playing long and pointless intro vid before even trying to connect. Its like they cant multitask.

SunTszu
10-15-2013, 09:48 PM
I may disable my firewall as much as I want; never green NAT. Online guide to fix? What other game company makes games that you need "a guide to workaround" to be able to properly play a MP game?
Even with no router, problems.
And no, my "hosts" file is clear.
I love the game so much; but the interface simply spoils it.
When I try to connect I see "connecting to 1/8 sessions"...? 8 sessions? For a game that sold millions?
Result is, I end up in always the same MP sessions, with always the same (dull) people. (Well, they get dull over time; not their fault)
I really would like the guy programming the MP part reading this...
Maybe he doesn't know his interface is giving people so much frustration...?
I do hope so; since else, would mean he simply doesn't care.

SunTszu
10-15-2013, 11:10 PM
I may disable my firewall as much as I want; never green NAT. Online guide to fix? What other game company makes games that you need "a guide to workaround" to be able to properly play a MP game?<br>Even with no router, problems.<br>And no, my "hosts" file is clear.<br>I love the game so much; but the interface simply spoils it.<br>When I try to connect I see "connecting to 1/8 sessions"...? 8 sessions? For a game that sold millions?<br>Result is, I end up in always the same MP sessions, with always the same (dull) people. (Well, they get dull over time; not their fault)<br>I really would like the guy programming the MP part reading this...<br>Maybe he doesn't know his interface is giving people so much frustration...?<br>I do hope so; since else, would mean he simply doesn't care.

Sorry moderator; double post; delete this last one, please

Anykeyer
10-16-2013, 06:05 AM
LOL I just said there is a UPnP in response to your "Why can't nobody invent an automated "fix port on your router" program?"
I didnt say Im happy with Ubisoft's MP (this crap happens not only in AC, it affects all Ubi games I know).

SunTszu
10-16-2013, 03:07 PM
Today I wanted to play assasinate.
I got into +/- 10 sessions of deathmatch; and more or less the same amount of wanted.
I always see only about 1/8 sessions my PC seems to choose from.
I wonder if any of the DEVS is able to explain why they throw us in other sessions than asked for?
Why not just create a new session, and wait for other players to join?
Biggest mistery is that they create such nice games; while suck so much in that one crucial area...