PDA

View Full Version : A few questions regarding EU players

derage88
10-13-2013, 08:47 PM
Living in Europe (The Netherlands) I have a few questions I'd like answers to:

1. How can we get the Black Island DLC, the ad I've seen spammed several times that it's Gamestop exclusive only... And we don't have any of those here, will it become available as a separate DLC?
2. The Uplay store only shows a season pass for the PC version in my language, how can I get the PS4 version? Also, is it possible to get it after I've bought the game?
3. Does the Season pass by any chance include the Black Island DLC? Or is it just for the Freedom Cry DLC?

I can't find much info about these questions and any clarification is much appreciated!

EllJim
10-13-2013, 08:50 PM

1. How can we get the Black Island DLC, the ad I've seen spammed several times that it's Gamestop exclusive only... And we don't have any of those here, will it become available as a separate DLC?
2. The Uplay store only shows a season pass for the PC version in my language, how can I get the PS4 version? Also, is it possible to get it after I've bought the game?
3. Does the Season pass by any chance include the Black Island DLC? Or is it just for the Freedom Cry DLC?

I cand find much info about these questions and any clarification is much appreciated!

1.) Buccaneer or Black chest editions (Black chest is UPLAY only) check your local retailer for the Buccaneer one. Game.co.uk is selling them, or was (preordered mine there.
2.) Need to buy it through the PS4 store I'd imagine, I am 360 so will buy through the console i.e. Xbox when I get it.
3.) NO, Black island only in certain pre order packs MIGHT come available later but not confirmed, currently must see answer 1. Cry freedom, plus a load of item stuff.

ze_topazio
10-13-2013, 09:00 PM
I don't have any answers for that but let me tell you something my friend, when it comes to video games, we Europeans, always get the short end of the stick.

Lowly Assassin
10-13-2013, 09:03 PM

I can't find much info about these questions and any clarification is much appreciated!

1.) Buccaneer or Black chest editions (Black chest is UPLAY only) check your local retailer for the Buccaneer one. Game.co.uk is selling them, or was (preordered mine there.
2.) Need to buy it through the PS4 store I'd imagine, I am 360 so will buy through the console i.e. Xbox when I get it.
3.) NO, Black island only in certain pre order packs MIGHT come available later but not confirmed, currently must see answer 1. Cry freedom, plus a load of item stuff.

it appears as though the in game bonuses are listed as coming with the season pass content (captain morgan in the picture)
http://2game.com/blog/tag/ubisoft-montreal/

The Season Pass includes the following:
Death Vessel Pack
Crusader and Florentine Pack
Kraken Ship Pack (Season Pass exclusive)
Illustrious Pirates Pack
Multiplayer Characters Pack
Freedom Cry DLC
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-SZ2E1tAdyRk/UlQwuLH7wUI/AAAAAAAAAeM/r6ije1neoTI/w1440-h810-no/ac4bfspr.jpg

derage88
10-13-2013, 09:04 PM
So... Unless we pay about 20 or 70 bucks more there is no way to get the Black Island DLC and then we still need to purchase a separate season pass to get the Freedom Cry DLC too? That makes a 100 or 150 euro game at the least if I'd want all the content. Feels like being screwed over a bit...

EllJim
10-13-2013, 11:37 PM
it appears as though the in game bonuses are listed as coming with the season pass content (captain morgan in the picture)
http://2game.com/blog/tag/ubisoft-montreal/

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-SZ2E1tAdyRk/UlQwuLH7wUI/AAAAAAAAAeM/r6ije1neoTI/w1440-h810-no/ac4bfspr.jpg

That's the outfit for sure but it doesn't give you black island itself nor the ship upgrades etc. Black widow confirmed black island only available through gamestop and Black cehst / Buccc editions initially.

EllJim
10-13-2013, 11:38 PM
So... Unless we pay about 20 or 70 bucks more there is no way to get the Black Island DLC and then we still need to purchase a separate season pass to get the Freedom Cry DLC too? That makes a 100 or 150 euro game at the least if I'd want all the content. Feels like being screwed over a bit...

Yup, though you could buy standard and wait to see if it comes out later.

I made the decision to buy 1 game this year, (well BF4 was paid for a while ago so excluding that one game) and upgrade it to the limited edition.

derage88
10-14-2013, 08:33 AM
Also, isn't the Buccaneer edition coming to the Playstation 4? It doesn't show the Playstation systems in the Uplay store for me.. That'd force European players to buy the 130 euro Black Chest edition and if we'd want all the content a total of €150... That's over 200 dollars! :mad: Hardly sounds reasonable does it?

The US vs. EU prices are already just a matter of changing the sign in front of the amount, but the actual number always stays the same, this business is such bull. And now they even exclude content for players from different continents only allowing them to play it if they pay more.

Lowly Assassin
10-14-2013, 08:39 AM
That's the outfit for sure but it doesn't give you black island itself nor the ship upgrades etc. Black widow confirmed black island only available through gamestop and Black cehst / Buccc editions initially.
thank you for clarifying what i said in the post you quoted, although other sources around the web are stating that along side the 9 missions of freedom cry, there will be other missions and single player content added

derage88
10-14-2013, 08:47 AM
Also figured a local retailer is selling the Buccaneer edition for PS4, weird it doesn't show in the Uplay store, guess it's sold out. Will probably put my bets on that as it's the 'cheapest' option, in total it'd still cost me €120 for all the content since the Bucc edition still doesn't include a season pass :/

Aphex_Tim
10-14-2013, 08:53 AM
Knowing Ubisoft, all the DLC will be available anyway for everyone after a couple of weeks/months.

Lowly Assassin
10-14-2013, 09:07 AM
Knowing Ubisoft, all the DLC will be available anyway for everyone after a couple of weeks/months.

the season pass includes all content up until March 2014, so we could see all pre order content dropping soon after that date, and falling outside of the season pass. this would set a new precidence (as far as i am aware) in which a single game would have 2 "season" of content,
this could also be a large hint at the release date of the Liberation HD coming not before march (as ubisoft would not want to compete against itself with 2 games at the same time)

derage88
10-14-2013, 09:24 AM
It'd be nice if they will release the content as seperate DLC's afterwards but I think by that time it will be much less interesting to return to, I'm probably gonna love the game but I don't think a single DLC mission would turn me back to the game. Ubisoft should clarify on the whole DLC issues as there isn't nearly any info whether the Buccaneer edition would also include the DLC from the Skull edition etc.

Lowly Assassin
10-14-2013, 10:06 AM
It'd be nice if they will release the content as seperate DLC's afterwards but I think by that time it will be much less interesting to return to, I'm probably gonna love the game but I don't think a single DLC mission would turn me back to the game. Ubisoft should clarify on the whole DLC issues as there isn't nearly any info whether the Buccaneer edition would also include the DLC from the Skull edition etc.

its in ubisofts interest to be vaigue about pre order dlc and whether it is getting released at a later date, as it leads people with money, or
Money > Sense
to pre order as many copies as they can in order to get all pre order DLC, and that is why there is no official word confirming that it WILL come out at a later date ( from a marketing and sales point of view)

derage88
10-14-2013, 10:13 AM
Kind of a waste because I'm much more tempted to get the Skull edition which is the same price in a lot of stores as the regular game would be and add the season pass to that instead of going for the Buccaneer edition which is at least €40 more over here and then still need a season pass.

I could get 2 games for that price, such as Watch Dogs, but I guess Ubisoft rather has people buying 1 expensive game instead of 2, wish I could use my Uplay points to get discounts or something ;)

Lowly Assassin
10-14-2013, 10:20 AM
Kind of a waste because I'm much more tempted to get the Skull edition which is the same price in a lot of stores as the regular game would be and add the season pass to that instead of going for the Buccaneer edition which is at least €40 more over here and then still need a season pass.

I could get 2 games for that price, such as Watch Dogs, but I guess Ubisoft rather has people buying 1 expensive game instead of 2, wish I could use my Uplay points to get discounts or something ;)

ubisoft would rather have people buying 9 or more copies of the game
that makes me sound either really stupid or really rich

but this helps the game have greater sales figures and be perceived as a better selling game then it actually is

Cosmic_Rooster
10-14-2013, 12:44 PM

Hello derage88,

You can get Black Island for the PlayStation 4 in Europe if you purchase the Digital Deluxe Edition from the PlayStation Store, you can either wait until the console launches and download it then or buy it for the PS3 and then upgrade it for 10 when you get your PlayStation 4. The details can be found in the coming soon section of the store.

https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/#!/en-gb/games/assassin's-creed-iv-black-flag-deluxe-edition/cid=EP0001-NPEJ00182_00-B000000000000543

The content is exactly the same as the PC Digital Deluxe Edition as shown below.

http://drh1.img.digitalriver.com/DRHM/Storefront/Company/ubi/images/hero/AC4BF_udeluxe_hero.jpg

Hope that helps in your pre-order decision :)

Mr_Shade
10-14-2013, 12:48 PM

1, The key word is Exclusive - Certain content is only available via certain retailers - at present, it is not announced as being available after release as DLC. - if you choose to 'wait and see' by all means - however I cant promise you will see it released at a later date. HOWEVER - Certain digital copies may contain it, as seen above, so consider buying the version for your console digitally. [there is currently no news if DLC/ULC will transfer over as part of the upgrade, so please consider that before you buy]

2, Season Passes - as with AC3 - will be available via the consoles stores - or at some retailers [though they normally just sell a voucher to the value and you again, download via the store]

3, The details listed in the announcement, are the only ones currently available.

derage88
10-14-2013, 03:04 PM
Thanks for the answers, but I wasn't going to get a different version aside from the PS4 anyway so I'm not gonna have any issues with transferring DLC's to new consoles or whatsoever.

I do notice that Exclusive is being thrown around a lot by Gamestop, but does that mean it's only exclusive to Gamestop preorders or is it available through other special packs such as other users said so here? Because if so, I don't get why Gamestop is throwing around the word Exclusive if it's suggestively included with the Buccaneer and/or Black Chest edition for other retailers.

But to be honest the information Ubisoft is providing with the different editions and Season Pass isn't really clear, I mean, the Season Pass was announced to start with the Freedom Cry DLC, but shortly after the Black Island DLC is announced, you'd expect this to be part of the Season Pass program since it stated "Assassin’s Creed IV Black Flag Season Pass grants a 20 percent savings off the regular price of each individual downloadable pack to be released before March 2014". Neither is there any info whether the more expensive packs would include the cheaper edition contents etc. etc.

Mr_Shade
10-14-2013, 03:43 PM
It's exclusive to retail stores - who sell disc based games. - the digital copies are considered different - due to being international and not tied to a retailer.

The season pass is for DLC after the game is launched - the dlc from retailers is an pre-order incentive, so as such, may not be inculded.

Only the items listed on the announcement for the season pass - should be considered part of it - more maybe added - however you would need to await official announcements as such.

Currently the season pass is as advertised.

derage88
10-15-2013, 09:51 AM
So.. if a local store in the Netherlands is selling a disc based copy of the Buccaneer edition, does that include the Black Island content? Or is that only possible if it's a digital copy? If so, I don't think there is any store that is selling digital copies of the editions that would otherwise include those DLC's.

Thus meaning there would be no way on getting the content unless I would preorder a physical copy from across the Atlantic.

EllJim
10-15-2013, 09:54 AM
So.. if a local store in the Netherlands is selling a disc based copy of the Buccaneer edition, does that include the Black Island content? Or is that only possible if it's a digital copy? If so, I don't think there is any store that is selling digital copies of the editions that would otherwise include those DLC's.

Thus meaning there would be no way on getting the content unless I would preorder a physical copy from across the Atlantic.

YES, to local store. No to digital copy.

EU has better edition s than US, thank UBI for being French.

Mr_Shade
10-15-2013, 10:03 AM
You can also buy digital versions for consoles, via the Xbox marketplace and PSN. store?

EllJim
10-15-2013, 10:09 AM
You can also buy digital versions for consoles, via the Xbox marketplace and PSN. store?

You can/.....??? for 360?? hmmm will investigate. since bucc edition is a whopping 80. All I was buying it for was the extra missions.

Lowly Assassin
10-15-2013, 10:12 AM
the word"exclusive" seems to be confusing so many people; as it has so many connotations depending o its context
such as
in ammerica this item is exclusive to gamestop
as a pre order incentive, this item is exclusive to this store
this item is exclusive to this place and will never be available anywhere else ever
it seems a major issue that for advertising purposes (it seems) that as few words are used as possible and as such it is hard for anyone to know which of those 3 meanings is meant by the word exclusive

Mr_Shade
10-15-2013, 10:18 AM
You can/.....??? for 360?? hmmm will investigate. since bucc edition is a whopping 80. All I was buying it for was the extra missions.
PSN has a better preorder system, and the release of digital versions may differ on each console, but, it's a an option.

@lowlyassassin.
At at release exclusive - means it's only available at that retailer.

no other bricks and mortar retailer will have it.

- so gamestop have it in the US - and Game in the UK

thats pretty clear I hope?

EllJim
10-15-2013, 10:23 AM
PSN has a better preorder system, and the release of digital versions may differ on each console, but, it's a an option.

It's not on 360 store at the moment, only the season pass. Do you know if they will have it listed prior to release, or does it only come up once released?

Mr_Shade
10-15-2013, 10:27 AM
It's not on 360 store at the moment, only the season pass. Do you know if they will have it listed prior to release, or does it only come up once released?
Can't say for certain, but it's sometimes after release for Xbox - we have just altered the release date too - Xbox only update the store once a week really.

EllJim
10-15-2013, 10:30 AM
Can't say for certain, but it's sometimes after release for Xbox - we have just altered the release date too - Xbox only update the store once a week really.

Ok thanks, but can you confirm they will be getting the digital deluxe version? and if so do you know the RRP through the store?

Thanks again.

Mr_Shade
10-15-2013, 10:40 AM
I don't have any info, I can see what I can find out, however it might not be today.

EllJim
10-15-2013, 10:41 AM
I don't have any info, I can see what I can find out, however it might not be today.

That's fine, if you wouldn't mind please pm'ing me a copy of what you find out that would be great - Thank you.

derage88
10-15-2013, 10:49 AM
Well at least it's clear now that the Black Island DLC is exclusive for the Gamestop stores as a pre-order bonus. So the only possible way I could get this content is to purchase it overseas.

It's kind of dissapointed to be excluded from ingame content like that, especially since it's pre-order only and only available in a single country that's unaccessible for many players.

I hope this doesn't occur more often with future DLC's and other games. Would've been less of a big deal if the same pre-order deal was available in every country the game launches.

EllJim
10-15-2013, 11:04 AM
Well at least it's clear now that the Black Island DLC is exclusive for the Gamestop stores as a pre-order bonus. So the only possible way I could get this content is to purchase it overseas.

It's kind of dissapointed to be excluded from ingame content like that, especially since it's pre-order only and only available in a single country that's unaccessible for many players.

I hope this doesn't occur more often with future DLC's and other games. Would've been less of a big deal if the same pre-order deal was available in every country the game launches.

NNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO lol sheesh.

It is exclusive to game stop IN AMERICA :)

Here in Eu depends on country - If your local retailer is selling the Buccaneer edition then you will get black island through that.

This is the copy I have preordered

http://www.game.co.uk/en/assassins-creed-iv-black-flag-exclusive-buccaneer-edition-216314

See the product details tab.

Mr_Shade
10-15-2013, 11:13 AM
People need to check with their regional retailers..

Since all of the DLC should be available, at release to all regions, just some are exclusive to certain packs / retailers, so if you want a certain pack, shop around.
Details have been posted

derage88
10-15-2013, 12:11 PM
Yea but the point is I have yet to see any local retailers that offer the same contents and I don't really get the idea they will change or add their preorder bonusses on products they've already listed months ago. So I'll wait and see.

Mr_Shade
10-15-2013, 12:14 PM
Yea but the point is I have yet to see any local retailers that offer the same contents and I don't really get the idea they will change or add their preorder bonusses on products they've already listed months ago. So I'll wait and see.
Do game not deliver to your country?

i know they do ship to a few?

derage88
10-15-2013, 01:06 PM
Yes we get plenty of AC4 copies in the Netherlands but none of them has yet claimed they will offer the Black Island DLC as a preorder bonus as far as I was able to find.

EllJim
10-15-2013, 01:36 PM
Yes we get plenty of AC4 copies in the Netherlands but none of them has yet claimed they will offer the Black Island DLC as a preorder bonus as far as I was able to find.

See the below:

http://www.gamemania.nl/Default.aspx?tabid=88&gmgame=28644

derage88
10-15-2013, 02:52 PM
See the below:

http://www.gamemania.nl/Default.aspx?tabid=88&gmgame=28644

Yes I know, except that's the PS3's but I'm going for the PS4 which is sold out :( I'll probably try one of the online retailers (bol.com for example, which I have coupons for)

EllJim
10-15-2013, 03:00 PM
Yes I know, except that's the PS3's but I'm going for the PS4 which is sold out :( I'll probably try one of the online retailers (bol.com for example, which I have coupons for)

Try the Digital deluxe version then through the PS store.

derage88
10-16-2013, 08:24 AM
Try the Digital deluxe version then through the PS store.

Yeaa.. I don't buy games from outrageously overpriced stores, think most games I got are at least €20 (some times even above €30) more on PSN than they are in the stores that sell physical editions.

I'm very tempted to go for the Buccaneer now since I'm not having to get Watch Dogs anymore this year :rolleyes:

EllJim
10-16-2013, 09:12 AM
Yeaa.. I don't buy games from outrageously overpriced stores, think most games I got are at least €20 (some times even above €30) more on PSN than they are in the stores that sell physical editions.

I'm very tempted to go for the Buccaneer now since I'm not having to get Watch Dogs anymore this year :rolleyes:

Might be worth a check still.

I made the same decision, but rather made the decision to get WD later since you can only play one at a time.

If you can't find one in a store, I'd try Game.co.uk where I got mine from, I know they ship to EU countries, you might not get it on release day though (shouldn't imagine it would take more than a day longer though)

derage88
10-16-2013, 10:28 AM
Might be worth a check still.

I made the same decision, but rather made the decision to get WD later since you can only play one at a time.

If you can't find one in a store, I'd try Game.co.uk where I got mine from, I know they ship to EU countries, you might not get it on release day though (shouldn't imagine it would take more than a day longer though)

WD is pushed back to 2014 anyway so if I had preordered it I would've cancelled, but seriously PSN is heavily overpriced, at least over here. For example I was able to get FIFA 14 for €50 and get the physical disc, while it's still €70 on PSN (on which I cannot trade-in the game for the nextgen version later as well), it's just not worth the extra bucks, for the 10 minute drive to the store it saves me..

I can get 3 games instead of 2 for the same money in physical stores.

But I think I already got a store that has plenty of supply and delivers on release date, just have to make a decision whether to get the Buccaneer edition or something different ;)