PDA

View Full Version : Why... Time for change

Malik_Bish0p
10-13-2013, 03:12 PM
why are 99 percent of your main characters white why aren't there any african american or hispanic main characters looking back at most of the game you have released i cant find any please answer my question so i can take matters on from there i think it unfair and unjust to always portray blacks or hispanics as help or bad guys.....this is very upsetting it is 2013 things must change just feel this door should be opened :mad:... can someone tell me about can someone explain to me..... think about it guys look at there games

Sushiglutton
10-13-2013, 03:16 PM
Altair was arab, Ezio Italian, Connor native american, Aveline was black, Edward Welsh and Adewale from Africa. Not sure how this computes to 99% white.

Lowly Assassin
10-13-2013, 03:19 PM
why are 99 percent of your main characters white why aren't there any african american or hispanic main characters looking back at most of the game you have released i cant find any please answer my question so i can take matters on from there i think it unfair and unjust to always portray blacks or hispanics as help or bad guys.....this is very upsetting it is 2013 things must change just feel this door should be opened :mad:... can someone tell me about can someone explain to me..... think about it guys look at there games

the Prince of persia is persian
adewale is/was a salve
aveline is/was a slave
rabbids are rabbids
amualim(spelt wrong) was a islamic historical figure (as far as my reading of childrends books goes to suggest)
ray man is a fish rabbit helicopter hybrid
and the new main character of AC4 modern day is you, so whatever nationality or heritage you have, thats what the character is

i think having an entire game where the characer is a female ex slave is maybe what you are hinting towards

Altair was arab, Ezio Italian, Connor native american, Aveline was black, Edward Welsh and Adewale from Africa. Not sure how this computes to 99% white.

all perfectly good answers

Malik_Bish0p
10-13-2013, 03:30 PM
that's wrong look at there skin there still Caucasian male ....... there are no main characters that are Ezio Italian is a Caucasian male man they should at least let use make our characters look like us Altair was arab who was still Caucasian all Arabs are not white I just saying really look at them close bro... alittle customization would end all this,multiplayer is the only way na not good at all because you say they are from there but they don't look like it at all ubsoft is wrong dude... they done this for a long while man it time to change it alittle......

Malik_Bish0p
10-13-2013, 03:36 PM
that right woman character customization to sorry ladies dint mean to leave you out but yea you see ubsoft is not up on time that's all im saying

killzab
10-13-2013, 03:41 PM
What part of " Altair is arab, Connor is native, Aveline and Adewale are black" do you not understand ?

pirate1802
10-13-2013, 03:42 PM
Well, its their game and its their choice. As others have said, only Ezio and Edward are white. Altair being non-black doesn't make him a caucasian.

And customization like that have no place in the sp story, given the premise of the games..

Lowly Assassin
10-13-2013, 03:42 PM
dead jofferAkeem
i don't understand your last too posts, maybe it is the lack of grammar
yes to you they may look Caucasian, to me, i spend so much time around Caucasian people and Pakistani/Indian people i don't notice there skin tone or colour anymore unless i make a conscious decision to try and look at their skin colour, so for me personally i don't see it as an issue, that coupled with most of the time i am looking at the back of the character or they have a hood up i canot see what they look like. also there are reasons we cannot customize the appearances of characters inside the animus,

Megas_Doux
10-13-2013, 03:57 PM
Altair = Arab
Ezio = Caucasian
Ratonhake:ton = Native American
Aveline = Black
Adewale = Black
Edward = Caucasian

And.....

Nikolai Orelov = Caucasian
Aquilus = Caucasian
Accipiter = Caucasian
Numa Al'Khamsin = Arab
Arbaaz Mir = Indian

Get the point??????
a
OK, I might "give"you Altair having a light coloured skin, but I think it was Ubisot being lazy and recycling Desmondīs design, or viceversa. And besides, there are MANY arabs sharing his looks:

http://www.businessandleadership.com/fs/img/news/201106/rs-426x288/al-assad-bashar.jpg
http://www.joshuaproject.net/profiles/photos/p15152.jpg

Stealth Gamer92
10-13-2013, 05:11 PM

The game's take place in history and in history people were more racist than in the present. In fact I doubt a real captain would have a black guy(no I am not racis it is just the straightforward description) first mate except if the guy saved his life or some other special crcumstane.

GreySkellig
10-13-2013, 05:34 PM
You want the simplest answer? The earliest city-based civilizations (starting with Catalhoyuk around 7500 BC) sprang up in Mesopotamia, a region between the Tigris and Euphrates rivers, encompassing parts of modern day Turkey, Syria, and Iraq.From here culture spread mostly westward. The Mediterranean especially saw a blooming of a huge number of varied urban cultures. This western culture continued to spread all the way through much of Europe. So it is that the dominant culture of every AC game thus far has been at least nominally of Indo-European extraction. That said, the protagonists of AC have been an exceedingly diverse group, far more so than in most game or movie franchises. Still, I could stand a change of scenery, and there were other civilizational cradles in the east, which is why I'm grossing my fingers for a Chinese assassin.

adventurewomen
10-13-2013, 05:47 PM
I don't agree that Mesopotamia is the oldest civilization, there were more previous to that time era.

STDlyMcStudpants
10-13-2013, 05:55 PM
that's wrong look at there skin there still Caucasian male ....... there are no main characters that are Ezio Italian is a Caucasian male man they should at least let use make our characters look like us Altair was arab who was still Caucasian all Arabs are not white I just saying really look at them close bro... alittle customization would end all this,multiplayer is the only way na not good at all because you say they are from there but they don't look like it at all ubsoft is wrong dude... they done this for a long while man it time to change it alittle......
Even if we classify Altair, Ezio, and Edward as "White Dudes" or cracker a** crackers as you probably call them that still leaves Connor, Avelin, and Adewale that are not caucasian..
So it's 50/50 as of black flag =/

Rugterwyper32
10-13-2013, 05:58 PM
I don't agree that Mesopotamia is the oldest civilization, there were more previous to that time era.

Considering I'm feeling lazy, I might as well just post this and let it speak for itself. I could expand, but as I said, I'm feelin' lazy yo

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cradle_of_civilization

http://the24hourtala.files.wordpress.com/2011/03/ancivfs.gif

Shahkulu101
10-13-2013, 06:02 PM
Er... What? In terms of diversity in the gaming industry, Ubisoft have done a great service with Assassin's Creed.

As already mentioned above, the Assassin's are of all ethnicities and backgrounds. Not all creeds though, obviously haha.

STDlyMcStudpants
10-13-2013, 06:03 PM
PS why the f does it matter which race our character is?
I'm more interested in the time period....if it would be more interesting being a different race in a time period then that is what I want to happen (Example AC 3 I would have much rather been Native American than British)
I don't want video games to turn into reality tv where they force a cast member based by their race or sexuality just to not upset a demographic....
This isn't just directed at the OP
But everyone in the world needs to get off of their high horse and stop thinking that they are owed something in life just because they are minority.

adventurewomen
10-13-2013, 06:08 PM
Considering I'm feeling lazy, I might as well just post this and let it speak for itself. I could expand, but as I said, I'm feelin' lazy yo

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cradle_of_civilization
Disagree with this, just keeping my post simple as I'm working and I don't have time to go into detail as to why.

Wikipedia is unreliable. That's all I'ma say.

GreySkellig
10-13-2013, 06:34 PM

Name them, pal o' mine.

pacmanate
10-13-2013, 06:37 PM
You guys are telling me that Connor was Native American?!

I guess I still have things to learn.

Lowly Assassin
10-13-2013, 06:46 PM
... I am not racis .....
funniest thing i've read all day
i'm not racist but.... i hate the 100m sprint?

Name them, pal o' mine.
i don't know if you'd class me as a pal o yours
but sumarians where the oldest known civilazation to have a written language / creation story (depending on which sourcesor facts you believe) so i would have to guess that they are older then those other poxy civ's oh and then theres the first civ (i know thats hardly a name for a civilization and more like a name of a game)

GreySkellig
10-13-2013, 06:59 PM
i don't know if you'd class me as a pal o yours
but sumarians where the oldest known civilazation to have a written language / creation story (depending on which sourcesor facts you believe) so i would have to guess that they are older then those other poxy civ's oh and then theres the first civ (i know thats hardly a name for a civilization and more like a name of a game)

Just trying to keep things cheerful. :)

Yep, Sumerian Cuneiform was the first known written language...and Sumer? Is in southern Mesopotamia. Saying "Mesopotamian" is like saying "Mediterranean"--it's a region, not a single culture. Sumer is among the oldest Mesopotamian civilizations, at least it's older than Akkad, Babylon and Assur (Assyria). It's thought the first Sumerian settlements date to somewhere around the fifth millennium BC. Now, that's still two thousand years younger than Catalhoyuk, but archaeologists are still working out the exact context of that site, and why it developed so early.

Regardless, the point here is: Yes Sumer is the oldest known literate civilization, but it is Mesopotamian.

Lowly Assassin
10-13-2013, 07:03 PM
Just trying to keep things cheerful. :)

Yep, Sumerian Cuneiform was the first known written language...and Sumer? Is in southern Mesopotamia. Saying "Mesopotamian" is like saying "Mediterranean"--it's a region, not a single culture. Sumer is among the oldest Mesopotamian civilizations, at least it's older than Akkad, Babylon and Assur (Assyria). It's thought the first Sumerian settlements date to somewhere around the fifth millennium BC. Now, that's still two thousand years younger than Catalhoyuk, but archaeologists are still working out the exact context of that site, and why it developed so early.

Regardless, the point here is: Yes Sumer is the oldest known literate civilization, but it is Mesopotamian.yep i wasnt trying to ring the tone done
and im so glad we agree :)
i thought possibly when peolp esaid mesopatimian , possibly they meant , alexander the greats empire and nothing more
(could i haave put more spelling mistaeks in that i dunt think so)

GreySkellig
10-13-2013, 07:06 PM
Ah, I see. It is a complicated region to study for exactly the reason of its age--a lot of empires have come and gone in Mesopotamia. :) But generally when people refer to Mesopotamian civilization, they mean that which arose in the "fertile crescent" some 5000-6000 years ago.

adventurewomen
10-13-2013, 07:07 PM
Telugu, Tamil & Sanskrit are the oldest languages in the world all Indian.

India is the oldest lasting civilization in the world.

GreySkellig
10-13-2013, 08:10 PM
Telugu, Tamil & Sanskrit are the oldest languages in the world all Indian.

India is the oldest lasting civilization in the world.

There may be truth to both those points, but I was talking about written languages. Writing correlates with the rise of urban civilization--it almost never arises out of pre-urbanized cultures. Meanwhile language developed everywhere much earlier, but we don't know much about it (including a time frame) because it left no trace until the invention of writing.

The Indus languages you mentioned are very old--this is evident from extant oral traditions which predate writing. But we have no evidence for written language older than cuneiform. Sanskrit script falls short by almost a millennium, and Telugu and Tamil don't even come close. When cuneiform arose in Mesopotamia around 3600 BC, the Indus culture was just entering the Neolithic.

Stealth Gamer92
10-13-2013, 09:19 PM
funniest thing i've read all day
i'm not racist but.... i hate the 100m sprint?

Funny? I wasn't talking modern day. African slave/former-slave men and wemon back then were considered too dumb for a responsiblity like that. It is a historical fact.

Lowly Assassin
10-13-2013, 09:23 PM
Funny? I wasn't talking modern day. African slave/former-slave men and wemon back then were considered too dumb for a responsiblity like that. It is a historical fact.
sorry i didnt realize i quoted your hole post
i have since fixed it, in reference to what i found funny, it reminded me of a very unusal piece of humor