PDA

View Full Version : i want to know something ubisoft can you please answer one question? and not that one

murderdemon
10-13-2013, 08:18 AM
Is desmond miles going to appear in the fourth installment of assassins creed outside of wrapping up the story in the beginning or is his story line over? If so that's great cause I really want a new fresh start as a pirate can't wait for this new installment. Thanks.

HypeR.tgL
10-13-2013, 08:52 AM
Desmond will still be contained in the story and the lore of Assassin's Creed, but yea, pretty much his physical presence is gone, so I guess you could say he's 'not going to appear'.

In Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag, you'll be playing yourself as a research analyst. Present day gameplay is all first person as well.

Lowly Assassin
10-13-2013, 09:28 AM
Is desmond miles going to appear in the fourth installment of assassins creed outside of wrapping up the story in the beginning or is his story line over? If so that's great cause I really want a new fresh start as a pirate can't wait for this new installment. Thanks.
ppossible plot spoiler for anyone who has not played any ac game
or finished ac3

desmond is not alive, i cannot link to the source right now' but he IS dead, so as a living character he wont be in the game, but he was a very important part of the franchize, so there will be incident report logs, data files surveilance footage, eye witness reports and people that where there (abstergo employees) gossiping or talking about it (if you look hard enough) but remember the majority of real time real world AC is optional in this new installment so you may miss it if you don't look

EllJim
10-13-2013, 09:48 AM
They have already said when they were talking about eh world outside of the animus that if you did the optional pieces you'd find out more about Desmond and his fate
Article below WARNING AC3 SPOILERS

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/assassin-s-creed-iv-modern-day-setting-is-mostly-optional-says-ubisoft/1100-6415426/

Aphex_Tim
10-13-2013, 10:24 AM
Present day gameplay is all first person as well.

Was this ever comfirmed or is it still just speculation because Liberation did it?

Lowly Assassin
10-13-2013, 10:29 AM
Was this ever comfirmed or is it still just speculation because Liberation did it?

well you (the player, with the controller in your hand) are the main character of the modern day game, so it seems logical that there is no 3rd person character view

STDlyMcStudpants
10-13-2013, 06:10 PM
desmond is not alive, i cannot link to the source right now' but he IS dead, so as a living character he wont be in the game, but he was a very important part of the franchize, so there will be incident report logs, data files surveilance footage, eye witness reports and people that where there (abstergo employees) gossiping or talking about it (if you look hard enough) but remember the majority of real time real world AC is optional in this new installment so you may miss it if you don't look

Most of us know this..but we pretend not to know...try to keep posts spoiler free next time lol...

adventurewomen
10-13-2013, 06:16 PM
If Desmond listened to Minerva then he would still be alive..

Shahkulu101
10-13-2013, 06:22 PM
Desmond is dead, unfortunately. He was basically a walking, talking plot device with a complete lack of depth.

Us fans being silly, we thought this would be rectified in the most anticipated installment in the series. They never quite bothered, though.

Lowly Assassin
10-13-2013, 06:47 PM
Most of us know this..but we pretend not to know...try to keep posts spoiler free next time lol...

Sir, Yes Sir!
will avoid any possible spoiler threats, in all future statements by never quoting or referencing anything that happens in the AC franchise, Sir