PDA

View Full Version : A couple of questions about returning systems...

AU7thGear
10-12-2013, 10:33 AM
Hi all,

I was on the side of AC fans who didn't particularly enjoy ACIII. It just didn't feel like a traditional AC game to me. But that's okay because it seems as though ACIV will be bringing back a few of the more 'traditional' aspects of the AC franchise such as, shops, armour upgrades, the standard health bar etc. So here are a couple of my questions that I hope some of you may be able to answer :)

1. Seeing as the upgradable armour will be returning in a somewhat different format, will we also be able to buy armour as well as crafting it?

2. I know you can customize your clothes but what other shops may be returning? Book stores, blacksmiths?

3. Seeing as the standard AC health bar is back rather than that ridiculous atrocity we saw in ACIII, will medicine be making return?

4. Also, will we be able to upgrade and purchase shops much like Ezio's trilogy?

Thanks in advance for any help! ;)

adventurewomen
10-12-2013, 11:00 AM
Even though I played the AC4 demos recently, these questions you're asking we wouldn't know until the actual AC4 game releases. Ubisoft tells us some information however they are selective and like to keep the fans guessing. It wouldn't be fun if they published spoilers for their own game even before it was released. These questions you're asking are going to be the same questions we are wondering ourselves. My best advice would be wait for AC4 to release it's not to long now is it 16 days in America and 19 days in Europe. Just be paitient you'll have your answers to your questions soon.

:)

Lowly Assassin
10-12-2013, 11:53 AM
i do't understand the concept of medicine
in the real world if i am wounded fatally or partially, and you take medicine i do not instantly regain all my health, so why does medicine seem to do this in a video game? possible answer because it is not a true analogue of the real world, the synchronization concept of the health bar, that slowly regenerates over a period of time also makes sense in context of the animus, although i can see the benefits of medicine, if you fall to far, or take too much damage in a fight you can instantly boost your health and live a little bit longer,
can anyone give any other reasons why medicine is "better" (personal preference) over the synchronization health bar

Aphex_Tim
10-12-2013, 12:54 PM
i do't understand the concept of medicine
in the real world if i am wounded fatally or partially, and you take medicine i do not instantly regain all my health, so why does medicine seem to do this in a video game? possible answer because it is not a true analogue of the real world, the synchronization concept of the health bar, that slowly regenerates over a period of time also makes sense in context of the animus, although i can see the benefits of medicine, if you fall to far, or take too much damage in a fight you can instantly boost your health and live a little bit longer,
can anyone give any other reasons why medicine is "better" (personal preference) over the synchronization health bar

Nope. To me the sync bar from AC1 makes the most sense. It's not necessarily health but apparently, Altair didn't get hit a lot during fights. So everytime you are hit you desync a little. I hope the "health" system in AC4 will be similar to this.

Lowly Assassin
10-12-2013, 02:48 PM
Nope. To me the sync bar from AC1 makes the most sense. It's not necessarily health but apparently, Altair didn't get hit a lot during fights. So everytime you are hit you desync a little. I hope the "health" system in AC4 will be similar to this.

that was my understanding of the system in ac3 also

Jexx21
10-12-2013, 04:39 PM
Hi all,

I was on the side of AC fans who didn't particularly enjoy ACIII. It just didn't feel like a traditional AC game to me. But that's okay because it seems as though ACIV will be bringing back a few of the more 'traditional' aspects of the AC franchise such as, shops, armour upgrades, the standard health bar etc. So here are a couple of my questions that I hope some of you may be able to answer :)

1. Seeing as the upgradable armour will be returning in a somewhat different format, will we also be able to buy armour as well as crafting it?

2. I know you can customize your clothes but what other shops may be returning? Book stores, blacksmiths?

3. Seeing as the standard AC health bar is back rather than that ridiculous atrocity we saw in ACIII, will medicine be making return?

4. Also, will we be able to upgrade and purchase shops much like Ezio's trilogy?

Thanks in advance for any help! ;)

1. No buying armor.
2. As far as I'm aware there are only one or two kinds of stores.
3. No.
4. No, Ezio did that because he was a banker.

pacmanate
10-12-2013, 05:33 PM

I hope it is too. Maybe that was what Abstergos sync bar was programmed for, actually sync. Rebeccas one was probably tweaked for health or something.

That said, we are goin back to Abstergo so maybe it will be the same and there is no medicine again.

dxsxhxcx
10-12-2013, 05:57 PM
IMO if medicine return to the game at some point we should have 2 health bars, one showing us our "true" health and the other showing us our "current" health, let's say we have 30 squares of (true) health, as we get hit we'll lose health and after some point (let's say when we reach 20/30 HP) our (true) health meter will decrease to 25 and so on, this way even using medicine in this case, we'll only be able to heal 25 squares, to make our (true) health bar goes back to normal we'll need to visit a doctor to heal us (similar to how broken armor worked), IMO this would make more sense than medicine fully healing us.

ps: this would only work if they make combat harder, otherwise it would be pointless...

TorQue1988
10-12-2013, 06:12 PM
I think medicine should return but in a different way. You should be able to use it only outside combat, so the health wouldn't regenerate on it's own at all . That would make the game even harder.

dxsxhxcx
10-12-2013, 06:20 PM
I think medicine should return but in a different way. You should be able to use it only outside combat, so the health wouldn't regenerate on it's own at all . That would make the game even harder.

and it should also heal you slowly..

I-Like-Pie45
10-12-2013, 06:36 PM
and it should also heal you slowly..

so basically, how stimpaks on hardcore mode in FONV work

Sushiglutton
10-13-2013, 12:26 AM
Ha it's funny sometimes how different opinions can be. I thought the health system in AC3 was the best in the series (AC1 was also ok). Medicine didn't make the game harder, just more tedious as it was an inventory thing you needed to refill every now and then. Running to a doctor and click through some menu wasn't fun, regen health is much better as it doesn't waste the player's time. To make it harder health should not regen in combat at all until you have broken the line of sight imo.

Customizing clothes and armor is totally uninteresting to me. Same with renovating stores, pointless chore. I'm sure there will be a few stores in the cities, hope they feel personal (like in AC3) instead of massproduced like Brotherhood/Revelation.

SixKeys
10-13-2013, 01:10 AM
Customizing clothes and armor is totally uninteresting to me. Same with renovating stores, pointless chore. I'm sure there will be a few stores in the cities, hope they feel personal (like in AC3) instead of massproduced like Brotherhood/Revelation.

How did the stores in AC3 feel personal? They all looked the same since they all carried the same stuff. The only thing the changed was the owners.

Jexx21
10-13-2013, 02:17 AM
because they had different owners. Stores in AC2-ACR all looked the same as well pretty much.

SixKeys
10-13-2013, 03:46 AM
So did the AC3 ones? It really doesn't make much of a difference whether the owner has a German accent or a British one.

TheDanteEX
10-13-2013, 04:48 AM
I'd rather there be one type of shop for everything I need over many. I never found renovating shops fun at all. It felt like padding to get even more money for nothing. Medicine isn't necessary when you can just have regenerating health which not only makes combat somewhat more challenging, but, like somebody said earlier, it doesn't waste the player's time going back and forth buying it. I just don't see the point in all of those useless features. Give me side content with meat in them.

STDlyMcStudpants
10-13-2013, 05:48 AM
The Game is about Syncing memories with an Assassin
This Assassin Didnt get hit with swords all of the time
Getting hit = you are slowly desyncing
If you get hit too many times you desync completely...
THAT is the only reason needed to leave medicine out..it doesnt fit with the concept.

STDlyMcStudpants
10-13-2013, 05:52 AM
How did the stores in AC3 feel personal? They all looked the same since they all carried the same stuff. The only thing the changed was the owners.

I have to agree...I wanted nothing to do with the shops in AC3...
In the Ezio Trilogy I actually enjoyed them because they all offered you different items.

AdamPearce
10-13-2013, 07:37 AM
Shops in AC3 were horrible.

First because you needed a loading to get in, and second because they were only two shops in the city, it's frustrating to run for 4 miles to sell cheap pelts. But the Bar Synch was perfect though, I hate the ACI-2-B-R-IV HUD, ther is just to many things in the screen.