PDA

View Full Version : AC3 ending and Homestead ending (SPOILERS!!!!)

GoldyTart
10-12-2013, 08:05 AM
I posted this back when AC3 came out and felt a need to repost it again after everything we've been through throughout this year.... Thanks for reading....

A lot of people are criticizing the way Ubisoft/developers/writers handled the ending of AC3, making it unmemorable and without feelings/a bit anticlimactic. I have also felt that myself and would have wished for a better way for Desmond's death to be handled. But that is not my point. The last homestead mission where you have to give Achilles Davenport his final resting place, that teared me up and made me wish I hadn't actually played the mission. So strong was the feel that I had to close the game. My point is that the developers managed to handle the death of Achilles Davenport amazingly and managed to evoke an amazing way of giving Achilles his final resting place. Doesn't that make you wonder why they hadn't done the same with Desmond, the man who we played with all these years? The developers purposely did this to get a reaction from us. They are clearly able to give good endings and while Desmond didn't apparently get the cut, that IS the whole point. I believe they did this on purpose, to make the ending unmemorable, for good reason. We just don't know everything yet and we feel betrayed.

"Life is not a fairytale and there are no happy endings"
-Achilles Davenport

pirate1802
10-12-2013, 09:05 AM
I think it has something to do with them running out of time and/o resources that Desmond got the short end of the stick. There are plenty of evidence of AC3's rushed development anyway.

Darby says that AC4 is a homage to Desmond, and there are cool stuff about him to discover. Lets see.

GoldyTart
10-12-2013, 09:24 AM
The rushed aspect does make sense... I guess as a major fan of the series and allured into its mysteries due to the modern day plot, I am trying to justify the writers' motive. I mean they worked on this really cool alternate ending CGI video and they also added a lot of details as to the true intentions of Juno by having ~6 really deep and meaningful interaction with Juno. I hope to God AC4 really brings us back to those mythologies and puzzling environments/atmospheres that AC1 and AC2 had so brilliantly presented (The Truth segments and those emails)...

pirate1802
10-12-2013, 09:33 AM
Well, I justified it by accepting that the writers ran outta time. As Achilles said, life isn't a faiytale and there are no happy endings. that actually holds true for us fans, not only Desmond. :p

GoldyTart
10-12-2013, 09:35 AM
It's why I ended the post like that :P I thought it was a perfect fit to the theme behind the post or something like that...

Layytez
10-12-2013, 02:32 PM
Don't forget all the cut audio aswell. There was one where Desmond said that what ever is behind that door benefits Juno.

avk111
10-12-2013, 02:55 PM
Well the most profounding moment for me personally was when Connor killed his father Haytham , it was a moment where I literaly broke down in tears, for a brief moment I thought they would have been able to come to a broker, or is the fact that we were Haytham at the begining of the game so we can relate to him (especially if you read the Assassins Creed:Foresaken book) just thinking about it now give me goosebumps, on the positive it also gave me a sense of convicition and honour for Connor to be able to let go of everything he ever loved just for the sake of humanity and justice (The American people and rest of humanity)

DisbandedBox359
10-12-2013, 03:01 PM
Don't forget all the cut audio aswell. There was one where Desmond said that what ever is behind that door benefits Juno.
That wasn't cut it was in one of the cutscenes with Juno when he was speaking to William.

Layytez
10-12-2013, 03:25 PM
That wasn't cut it was in one of the cutscenes with Juno when he was speaking to William.
I'm trying to remember but I can't seem to. Was Demond walking up stairs ?

ze_topazio
10-12-2013, 03:53 PM
I really disliked that Achilles death was relegated to a mere side mission, i only played that mission after finishing the game so while playing the main story suddenly i discover Achilles had kicked the bucket and i was like "i can't believe an important character like him died off-screen".

I-Like-Pie45
10-12-2013, 03:58 PM
tbh desmond got it easier than connor when it came to cut dialogue

pacmanate
10-12-2013, 04:34 PM
You switched your game off? WTF.

DisbandedBox359
10-12-2013, 05:06 PM
I'm trying to remember but I can't seem to. Was Demond walking up stairs ?

Yeah I think it was for the 4th solution